6Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq AHR

76% · 165 · 24%

Brisbee
BrisbeeBrisbane13 posts

so far so good!

I went to Babybunting to try out a few baby car seats before the bub arrived as I have a small car and wanted to know how it would fit. This one was the best fit and also had the ISOFix which was what I wanted. Installation was straight forward after reading the manual so it was good not having to pay for someone to do it. My newborn was snug in the soft padding and seems comfortable in it. I have taken it out to spot clean before and it was fine. So far I've been happy with this product and would recommended it.

gulja
guljaBrisbane7 posts

Anna
AnnaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

Good car seat, not very compact

Good car seat, awesome material and easily spot cleaned. Price was great for our budget. Not the cheapest car seat but not the most expensive one in the Britax range. Easy to install. Baby seems to be very comfortable when in it. Only reason I wouldn’t give it 5 stars is due to it not being very compact (for our car). Still takes up as much space as say the Britax Millenium in my opinion. However, if you have a decent sized back seat or didn’t transport other backseat passengers often, it would be a perfect fit!

Suhail Anu
Suhail AnuSouth East Queensland, QLD21 posts

nice and useful

my ownershipis 2 and a half years .. till now it sok my LO hasnt complied saying that she is not a big child till 1 year and 6 months we had it revered and it was comgotable.. neck support is good.. and we got a good deal for this as well.. much recommended color hasnt faded nothing torn or broken till now so good product so far

Holly Edmunds .
Holly Edmunds .6 posts

comfy and safe!

Cheaper than quite a few of the other seats on the market whilst including all the great safety features like additional head support! My bub is always comfy and as a A4 rated seat we will be able to use it for longer. We also appreciate the attention to detail with things such as the harness is easy to adjust and the plate always stays forward so bu doesn't sit on the buckle and very easy to alter the seat height, you don't even need to take it out of the car!!

Rebecca Craig
Rebecca CraigACT10 posts

Great for Small Car

We couldn't be happier with this sturdy and slim seat. We felt we had limited options with out small car, but the Compaq has really been a wonderful seat. Our son has never complained of being uncomfortable. Removing the textiles is simple (with practice) and washing in the machine and dryer is even easier.

Santo
SantoMelbourne7 posts

Best buy !!

Excellent baby seat that you can ever get. We bought this for my first child, used it for 4 years and now my second child used it, no problems what so ever. Very easy to install, clean, maintain. Dont look beyond Britax, its the best baby seat you can find.

BrenM
BrenMSydney4 posts

So good we bought 4 identical seats for the grandparents

Excellent car seat that we have used since day 1. Needed a small seat for a hot hatch, and can fit two of these in the back. My wife and I had one each and then we went back and bought extras for each of the grandparents. Very simple harness, and our models use isofix for mounting

stephen
stephen2 posts

seat was very easy to fit

Was a very good fit in my small car and was very easy to fit and it looks very safe seat for our new grandchild i I think we have picked the right seat for our grandchild as we think she looks very safe as she lays in the seat

Bells1980
Bells1980AU

A great sound safe seat

My husband and I found this car seat an excellent purchase for our twin girls. Not only were they easy to install we found them very sturdy and felt that our girls were safe. Even when our girls were rear facing at 3yrs they were comfortable. They even fit across our back seat ( Toyota Camry) with our 6yr olds safe and sound easy adjust seat. We found them easy to transfer from our Toyota Camry to our prado when we wanted to go on holiday. Highly recommend these seats for ease of use, comfort and safety.

Cdp
Cdp

Loved it!

Great for small cars (Ford Fiesta).

My son used it until he turned 6 -and he's a big boy! He was a bit tight in the end but the other two kids were not squished as they would have been if it was a bigger car seat.

Easy to install, comfy -he never complained and learnt to buckle it by himself.

Rebecca
RebeccaSouth windsor

Unreliable!

Seat is easy to use and install although I feel that none of that matters when it comes to safety!

Since owning this particular seat I have lost count of how many times the buckle has come undone whilst driving! After the first two times I was very vigilant about it but it still happened. After speaking with costumer care and following their instructions, to clean the buckle it has still happened!

I wouldn't recommend this product at all for this reason.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Rebecca, thanks for your review. We're sorry to hear that cleaning the buckle hasn't eliminated the buckle issues for you. Please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can arrange a replacement buckle for you. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Kai C.
Kai C.2 posts

Love it!

We originally bought this seat as it was the only product available that fit comfortably in our back row with 2 other car seats without compromising leg space in the front passenger side. It can still easily rear face my 18 month old and is super easy to install. Have been super happy with it so far and would recommend to family and friends, especially those that need to fit 3 seats across the back row.

Michael K
Michael KMelbourne2 posts

Unreliable: Buckle constantly comes undone. Unsafe and would not recommend

Do not purchase this car seat.

We purchased one for our son, and from day 1 we have had serious issues with the buckle coming undone.

Britax official advice is to clean the buckle. This has not helped us.

We have read numerous similar complaints about this seat, so it can't just be ours.

Very disappointing and scary (as a parent).

Sam
SamPerth

No messy mat?

Opened box and no messy mat?

Very disappointed! Another expense.

We own 3 safe-n-sound car seats and they come with one in each box.

I expected the mats to come with the all of the chairs in the range.

Check before you buy as a new messy mat is around $50.