6Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

4.5
Safety
4.9
Ease of Installation
Well built, robust and safe
Comfortable for your toddlers
Great value for money and durable long term use (7 ½ years)
Easy installation
Bulky, not suitable for small cars
Not ISOFIX compatible
Premium price
Forward facing only

Taylor
Taylor28 posts
  Top Review

Comfort and Safety

My child is very happy in their MGP. It’s a comfortable and cushy cover, but also doesn’t have them overheating in summer. The silver straps surprisingly haven’t stained and it’s seen a few spills and accidents over the last 12 months.

The easy adjust headrest is so convenient to get the perfect fit, and I have no trouble taking the seat in and out for cleaning or occasional use in another vehicle. Very easy to get a good install. I chose this model for the added side impact protection and extended harnessing. It doesn’t often go on sale but I managed to price match another stores sale with baby bunting.

Purchased in .

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Taylor, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your wonderful review of the Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO car seat. If we can assist with anything in the future please feel free to email us at au-support@britax.com take care & stay safe! Kind regards, the Britax team.

Ashish Malhotra
Ashish MalhotraSydney, NSW12 posts
  Top Review

Analysed and voted against Maxi Guard PRO but ended up buying its peer Millennia SICT

This car sear is all that you can ask for. We had compared it and our purchase was almost final but we came across Britax Safe n Sound Millenia SICT.

Maxi Guard PRO car sear is better in all terms as compared to its peer Millennia SICT except that Maxi Guard PRO is a forward facing car seat. There is no way your 6 month old bub will sit in a forward facing car seat starting their 6th or even 7th month. The bub is just stabilizing their senses and I feel it is too dangerous for the bub to sit in a forward facing car seat at least before 1- 1.5 years of age (may be more).

The best part is the age group and most of the people that have bought give good reviews about it. It also gives certain seating positions but I did heard a lot of parents complaining that their bub throws their neck while sleeping. We though that would be dangerous to even a 2 - 2.5 year old and unfortunately, we decided against it and bought its peer over it. Yes, the peer is upto 4 years of age unlike Maxi Guard PRO but that is the cost we are willing to bear in order to see our bub safe and sound.

It would be worthy to note that we were upgrading from Maxi Cosi and our bub was 5 months when he was a bit uncomfortable in the maxi cosi capsule. However, the padding seems much better in the Millennia and we cannot be more happier.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Christine
ChristineSydney, NSW

Don’t let them nap in it

Just bought this car seat & not happy at all with it, when my 2 year old takes a nap it is not safe at all for her neck Show details
Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Christine, thank you for your review, when we sleep in a car our heads can fall forward, please make sure the Maxi Guard is in the recline position, to help prevent this from happening. Kind Regards the Britax Team

charlotteninety91
charlotteninety91Perth, WA

My little bub is super happy

Best baby car seat ever. It is very comfortable and easy to clean. Show reply
Bex
Bex

Ease of Installation
KaitGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC33 posts

Great Harnessed Booster Seat

We’ve been using this seat for our kids for a few years now.
They are easy to install, the children love them, fabrics are easy to clean and quick to dry.
I like that they can remain harnessed for longer (like 8 to 10 years old). Easy strap adjustment as the child grows.
We actually have 4 of these seats across two vehicles.
Would be good if Britax made their seats more affordable though… Show details ·  1
Mart
Mart

Quality product no isofix

It’s a quality product. My concern that it costs hundreds of dollars and there’s no isofix. At that price point it’s an expectation. I would give it a five if it had this.  Show details
Kylie
KylieSydney, NSW11 posts

Maxi guard pro navy

Very comfortable compared to other brands I have owned it’s really easy to install
I Take all 3 of mine out to clean once a month and wash all the covers
And really easy to adjust head rest and tighten belts Show details ·  1
Adel w
Adel wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC9 posts

Own two of this now. Planning to buy a 3rd one.
Pricey but very safe and comfortable.

Easily adjustable head height to suit 1.5 and 3.5yo.

Like the pouch at the front. I store socks and snacks there!

Found the bottle holder a little small and won't fit standard kids drink bottle. Show details ·  1

TinaA
TinaASouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Quality car seat that will last years

I purchased this Britax car seat for my 1 year old. The fabric is soft and seat is comfortable. My son is very happy, it fits him well. The only thing is it is not ISOFIX compatible. Otherwise, happy with it. High recommend it. Show details ·  2
Alyce W.
Alyce W.Hunter Region, NSW2 posts

Safe and comfortable

Love this car seat.
Safety rating is fantastic and our little guy always seems really comfortable.
Its easy to install and remove.
It is also one of the better looking car seats on the market.
It is quite large so if you had small car it may be a bit squishy but over all we love it. Show details ·  1
Melissa
Melissa5 posts

Great

Great car seat.
Easy to adjust, easy to get in and out of car.
Cupholders super handy.
Love the long age range of being able to have my child in a 5 point harness. Show details ·  1
JLO
JLOTasmania6 posts

Georgiana
Georgiana3 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Perfect car seat

Love this car seat - safe, easy to get in / out of & adjustable. We initially bought for our large frame son before he transitioned to a booster. Now we have our polar opposite tiny framed daughter in it & perfectly adjustable to suit both their needs! Highly recommend. Show details ·  1
Hayley
Hayley4 posts

Perfect carseat

My 2 year old is very comfortable in this seat, especially when I look at how u comfortable he is in a different seat he uses in a backup car. We don't remove the seat often but my husband had no difficulty installing it. It is well padded without causing overheating, and the straps are so smooth to tighten and loosen. It also comes with an inbuilt cupholder on the side Show details ·  1

Jan

Can the child press release the harness on their own? To me that poses a risk with a tantruming 3 year old who wants out of her seat! Our current seats for both kids you have to find the release mechanism under the fabric, a bit harder for adults but not the slightest chance of a child undoing their own harness whilst driving

Jan

Thanks so much, she is pretty Intelligent but also understands when we need to be safe so I might just go for it: there are no shops near me that sell that seat unfortunately.

P_N
P_N

Hello,

I’m just wondering what bottles the cup holders are actually made to fit? As I have tried so many & none of them so it seems pointless having it

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi, thank you for contacting us, the cup holder is flexible, squeeze and flex to suit your drink bottle.
Kind Regards the Britax Team

Tiara
Tiara

I have a maxi guard pro, the foam underneath where my child sits has a fair bit of wear and tear. Can this be replaced?

Features:

• Britax's Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO is a sturdy, and much loved, forward-facing baby car seat and a member of the trusted Britax Maxi family - with over 97% giving the product a 4 or 5 star rating.

• Britax claims that the product can safely be used on children from the ages of 6 months to 8 years, but it is always safer to keep your baby in a rear-facing seat for as long as possible before transitioning to a forward-facing one.

• For those concerned with the safety rating of their products, look no further. The Maxi Guard PRO ranks 4.9 in build quality, is durable, cushioned and well-protected on all sides with a dual layer Head and Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ (SICT™).

• Thermo5® high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal ensures that your child is kept comfortable in all weather conditions - along with 2 reclining positions to suit your sleeping toddler.

• A 6 point Hassle Free Harness™ is a key feature which keeps your child securely restrained at all times. Along with the head rest, both features are adjustable to suit a growing child.

• Practicality is a strong suit, offering ample storage space, cup holders and a full length messy mat.

Reviewers especially love:

• The security of the well-designed safety features of the Maxi Guard PRO provides much needed protection and peace-of-mind for concerned parents
  • How comfortable the seat is for their little ones
  • The ease of installation shown through a physical manual and a YouTube video
  • Easily cleanable
  • Adjustable headrests & harnesses to support your child as they grow
  • Pouch at front to store snacks, toys & other goodies
  • The design is sleek, gender neutral and modern
  • The brilliant value for money since this product can be used for 7 and a half years until your child is 8 years old!

Things to consider:

• The product is on the larger side and can take up space in the back sets which may not be suitable if you have a small vehicle or multiple baby car seats in one car
  • The price is in the mid to high range
  • Forward-facing only and not suitable for children under the age of 6 months and not recommended until your child outgrows rear-facing seats
  • Not ISOFIX compatible and will require a manual seat belt installation
CategoryCar Seats