Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment

TinaASouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality car seat that will last years

I purchased this Britax car seat for my 1 year old. The fabric is soft and seat is comfortable. My son is very happy, it fits him well. The only thing is it is not ISOFIX compatible. Otherwise, happy with it. High recommend it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$449.00.

Car ModelMazda CX-5

Thank you Britax team!

Alyce W.

Alyce W.Hunter Region, NSW

Safe and comfortable

Love this car seat.
Safety rating is fantastic and our little guy always seems really comfortable.
Its easy to install and remove.
It is also one of the better looking car seats on the market.
It is quite large so if you had small car it may be a bit squishy but over all we love it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$549.00.

Car ModelToyota RAV4 Edge
Melissa

Melissa

Great

Great car seat.
Easy to adjust, easy to get in and out of car.
Cupholders super handy.
Love the long age range of being able to have my child in a 5 point harness.

Car ModelToyota Prius C NHP10R
Baby Car Seats

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO compares to other Baby Car Seats

JLO

JLOTasmania

Amazing seat but I think the age should be 2 years - 8 years not 6 months - 8 years.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$499.00.

Georgiana

Georgiana

Perfect car seat

Love this car seat - safe, easy to get in / out of & adjustable. We initially bought for our large frame son before he transitioned to a booster. Now we have our polar opposite tiny framed daughter in it & perfectly adjustable to suit both their needs! Highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Village.

Car ModelAudi Q5

Hayley

Hayley

Perfect carseat

My 2 year old is very comfortable in this seat, especially when I look at how u comfortable he is in a different seat he uses in a backup car. We don't remove the seat often but my husband had no difficulty installing it. It is well padded without causing overheating, and the straps are so smooth to tighten and loosen. It also comes with an inbuilt cupholder on the side

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$469.00.

Car ModelNissan X-Trail
Kita

KitaSydney, NSW

Only the best for my boys

I have 2 of these seats and when little mr 3 is old enough I will be buying him one too.
They are supportive and hold children secure! Easy to adjust and comfortable for kids!

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby & Toddler Town.

Car ModelToyota torago 2013
Heidi J.

Heidi J.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Best seat

My daughter and I love this seat
So comfortable easy to install and protects my girl from getting hurt in a accident. I had the normal maxi guard beforehand and I was in a accident we were rear ended and my daughter didn't budge she was unhurt and fine she done good and the seat done its job and I got my replacement :)

Car ModelVolkswagen Polo AW

Liss R

Liss RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car seat

Beautifully made seat that my toddler loves. He is really comfortable and the cup holders aren’t too far for him to reach. The shoulder pads won’t seem to stay in place and slide down constantly but that’s my only complaint. I had to buy it to replace a seat that didn’t have the right connections to be fitted in my Navara.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$450.00.

Car ModelNissan Navara

Nicole

NicoleSoutheast, SA

Absolutely recommend this car seat

This car seat is amazing and when my children fall asleep their head never drops forward! They are extremely comfortable and love car trips in this seat.
I am yet to remove the seat so I’m unsure how easy it is to do so and swap it over to a different car but we will be buying more to keep in my husbands car.
The quality is excellent and they look great also.
Absolutely recommend!!!

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for A$429.00.

Car ModelCx5
Watts Up

Watts UpSydney, NSW

Another great Britax car seat

Upgraded from the Britax Millenia seat for 2.5yearold toddler and very happy with this Britax product. It is expensive but feel you get quality in for of safety and comfort.
It could be improved by including isofix connections to the car instead of use of the seatbelt.

Purchased in June 2019.

Pitpat

PitpatHobart, TAS

My daughter loves her new seat could have used a quick install guide and child proofing on the release

Purchased in July 2019 at Babyco Online store for A$449.00.

Car ModelSubaru Outback
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Pitpat, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and some valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-n-Sound team.

Sarah

SarahSouthwest, VIC

Amazing car seat

I upgraded my sons car seat and I think it’s amazing . My son is so much more comfortable!
He loves the holders and arm rests. Even though the price may put some people off its worth every penny . I have found it easier to lift the arm rests when getting him in and out of the car . It is so roomy. Highly recommended

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$469.00.

Car ModelHolden Commodore VZ

Jess

JessSydney, NSW

Wish there was a girl colour

Love love this product so happy with it my son loves it and won’t use anything else but just wish by the time my daughter needs one there is a girly colour

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby Bunting.

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Sarah

SarahSydney Surrounds, NSW

Safe, comfortable and breathable

This seat is easy to use, positions our daughter well, and fabric is easy to clean. Also enables two adult passengers to sit alongside in our new VW Tiguan when required. Our daughter is well supported when she falls asleep in the car (head does not drop as it has in another seat), and the straps are very easy to adjust when we are ready to.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Car ModelVolkswagen Tiguan 5N 118TSI

KS

KS

Worth the money

This is my third Britax seat and I love it. Puts my toddler in a great position.
Only down side is the harness is hard to make it secure enough that a toddler can’t gets arms out of compared to the Platinum pro. And the cup holders are narrow.
Easy enough to install and clean.
I will only ever use Britax.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for A$439.00.

Car ModelToyota Kluger
Celeste

Celeste

Very happy with this car seat

Very happy with this purchase. We also have the maxi cosi moda and our toddler seems far more comfortable in this one. Easy to install. The cup holders are useless.

Purchased in January 2019.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Celeste, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Allison W.

Allison W.

So perfect for my growing son

This car is so easy to install and so comfortable for my 3.5 year old son and till he is 8 years old . I love the safety features and how easy it is to get my son in and out of . The fabric is nice and soft and it’s nicely padded for him .

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$599.00.

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Allison W, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

CJs

CJsSouth Australia

Very happy

Very happy with the seat. Purchased for my very tall 5yo and appears to have a few years room to grow yet before she grows out of it. Says she is very comfortable. Also very easy to install compared to our other seat of the same class

Purchased in May 2019 for A$469.00.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi CJs, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Ebs

EbsSydney, NSW

So comfortable and easy to use

I bought this for me 2 year old and swapped over the other britax car seat I have for my new born and I gotta say I love this car seat and so does my son, he’s comfortable in it and I find it very easy to put him in and out. I highly recommend.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Car ModelLand Rover Range Rover Evoque L538.II Prestige
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Ebs, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Dani H.

Dani H.asked

Hi, I'd like to know how big the maxi guard pro is and whether it will fit on our suzuki swift extreme?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Dani H. Thanks for your question. I have provided with a link from our website. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find a range of tabs and will need to click on the tab which says "All product features" where you will find a diagram of the seat with the dimensions.
We do not have a list of cars that are compatible with our restraints. We would recommend that you either visit your local baby retail store to see the seat or you can contact a car seat fitter for further advice.
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Claire P.

Claire P.asked

Hi, wondering if this car seat will fit into a 2019 Nissan Navara Double cab back seat? Thanks

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Claire, thanks for your question. The Maxi Guard Pro should be compatible with your vehicle however I would recommend that you visit your local baby store and try the seat in your vehicle to ensure suitability. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Lynasked

How did the maxi guard pro rate in the latest RACV safety testing?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Lyn, thanks for your question. Ratings and testings are only conducted through independent companies such as RACV therefore, you will need to clarify this with RACV. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Lyn

Thankyou for your reply. I assumed u would have a copy of the testing performed on your car seats and would be happy to disclose them on the public forum

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

hi Lyn, please contact out consumer support line on 1300 303 330 and ask for Alyssia so I can explain this to you. Kind regards, The Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives