Great car seat

Beautifully made seat that my toddler loves. He is really comfortable and the cup holders aren’t too far for him to reach. The shoulder pads won’t seem to stay in place and slide down constantly but that’s my only complaint. I had to buy it to replace a seat that didn’t have the right connections to be fitted in my Navara.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $450.00.

Car ModelNissan Navara

Absolutely recommend this car seat

This car seat is amazing and when my children fall asleep their head never drops forward! They are extremely comfortable and love car trips in this seat.
I am yet to remove the seat so I’m unsure how easy it is to do so and swap it over to a different car but we will be buying more to keep in my husbands car.
The quality is excellent and they look great also.
Absolutely recommend!!!

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $429.00.

Car ModelCx5

Another great Britax car seat

Upgraded from the Britax Millenia seat for 2.5yearold toddler and very happy with this Britax product. It is expensive but feel you get quality in for of safety and comfort.
It could be improved by including isofix connections to the car instead of use of the seatbelt.

Purchased in June 2019.

Ease of Height Adjustment

My daughter loves her new seat could have used a quick install guide and child proofing on the release

We chose a Britax seat as we have used them for all our previous car seats and have been very happy with them so far. I think in the long run this seat will serve us as well as the baby capsule and rear facing under 4yo seat that is now being used by our next child.

Having only installed ISOFIX seats up until this point it was a bit of a shock to find out that under Australian Law ISOFIX is not allowed in car seats that go above the age of 4yo!

I gave it a 4 rather than a 5 because I felt the manual was a little over complicated and could have used a 5 bullet point quick install guide with tips like don't pull belt before threading as it will cause it to lock repeatedly resulting in swearing!

The chair it self seems good and my daughter loves it. Unfortunately she has already figured out how to release her belt - Some kind of anti-child tamper would be really helpful on this as she is only 2.5yo and is struggling to understand why on a long journey she shouldn't release herself and join daddy in the front of the car! That said I don't know what the laws on such things state.

We did not buy this one originally as the recommendation is that children under the age of 2yo should be rear facing however the law only requires it for under 6 months and our other Britax seat will go both ways around but only up to the age of 4yo.

Purchased in July 2019 at Babyco Online store for $449.00.

Car ModelSubaru Outback
Hi Pitpat, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and some valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-n-Sound team.

Amazing car seat

I upgraded my sons car seat and I think it’s amazing . My son is so much more comfortable!
He loves the holders and arm rests. Even though the price may put some people off its worth every penny . I have found it easier to lift the arm rests when getting him in and out of the car . It is so roomy. Highly recommended

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for $469.00.

Car ModelHolden Commodore VZ
Hi Sarah, thanks for taking the time to leave a terrific review and some valuable feedback on the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Wish there was a girl colour

Love love this product so happy with it my son loves it and won’t use anything else but just wish by the time my daughter needs one there is a girly colour

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby Bunting.

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Hi Jess, Thanks for taking the time to leave a terrific review and valuable feedback on the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to contact out consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Safe, comfortable and breathable

This seat is easy to use, positions our daughter well, and fabric is easy to clean. Also enables two adult passengers to sit alongside in our new VW Tiguan when required. Our daughter is well supported when she falls asleep in the car (head does not drop as it has in another seat), and the straps are very easy to adjust when we are ready to.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Car ModelVolkswagen Tiguan 5N 118TSI
Hi Sarah, thank you for taking the time to leave us an excellent review and some valuable feedback on the safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. If you require any assistance in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Worth the money

This is my third Britax seat and I love it. Puts my toddler in a great position.
Only down side is the harness is hard to make it secure enough that a toddler can’t gets arms out of compared to the Platinum pro. And the cup holders are narrow.
Easy enough to install and clean.
I will only ever use Britax.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $439.00.

Car ModelToyota Kluger
Hi KS, thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review and we appreciate your loyalty to Britax Safe-n-Sound. If we can assist with anything at all in the future to feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Very happy with this car seat

Very happy with this purchase. We also have the maxi cosi moda and our toddler seems far more comfortable in this one. Easy to install. The cup holders are useless.

Purchased in January 2019.

Hi Celeste, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

So perfect for my growing son

This car is so easy to install and so comfortable for my 3.5 year old son and till he is 8 years old . I love the safety features and how easy it is to get my son in and out of . The fabric is nice and soft and it’s nicely padded for him .

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL
Hi Allison W, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Very happy

Very happy with the seat. Purchased for my very tall 5yo and appears to have a few years room to grow yet before she grows out of it. Says she is very comfortable. Also very easy to install compared to our other seat of the same class

Purchased in May 2019 for $469.00.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Hi CJs, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

So comfortable and easy to use

I bought this for me 2 year old and swapped over the other britax car seat I have for my new born and I gotta say I love this car seat and so does my son, he’s comfortable in it and I find it very easy to put him in and out. I highly recommend.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Car ModelLand Rover Range Rover Evoque L538.II Prestige
Hi Ebs, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Fantastic!

We have two of these seats; they are fantastic, easy to install, adjust, and most importantly comfortable for my child. The seat offers great value, and with the high exit markers my child will get use of the seat far beyond 8.

Purchased in December 2017.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Hi Carolyn, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Safe cool

Very Comfortable and Babies like the cat seat. car seat removal is bit tricky.attach / remove car seat often is not advisable.Very Comfortable and Babies like the cat seat. car seat removal is bit tricky.attach / remove car seat often is not advisable.

Purchased in February 2019.

Car ModelChevrolet Camaro 2SS Manual
Hi Prathap, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Love this car seat

Light weight. Easy to install. Easy to change the shoulder height settings with no need to pull the chair out of the car to do so. Easy to remove padding to clean. I don't like the cup holders, they barely fit a kids water bottle. I found the it needed a separate seat belt locking mechanism so the chair is really secure. This can be a common fault with car seats and is a $10 fix for your child's optimal safety.

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $439.00.

Car ModelHolden Commodore VF
Hi Sachakerr, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

My child picked the good seat

My daughter has been using the similar Britax Safe-n-Sound (the rearward facing able) since born and we quite happy with it. Now she needs a bit more space and the old one will go to the second child on the way. Most safety features seem to be similar to other products in the same price range. Britax looks narrow enough to fit 2 seats side by side with ease. Chunky paddling gives safety assurance for our precious cargo.
Fitting to a car without isofix is always an effort, lucky I don't have to do that often. Removal for washing is reasonably easy.

Purchased in February 2019 for $497.00.

Car ModelToyota Fortuner GUN156R
Hi Tripple T, thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review on the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. If you have any questions in the future, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Good for Baby

This was a great addition to all the other baby stuff we had to take out a second mortgage for. It came as a recommendation and couldn't be happier. Good solid product

Purchased in November 2018.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review Kristen on the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. If you have any questions in the future, please contact us on 1300 303 330.

Really nice fit

Easy to install and straight forward. looks very comfy and my son seems to like it since hes always asleep in it. Really happy with my purchase. This is my favorite car seat that ive had over the last 12 years.

Purchased in November 2018 at Babies'n'More for $200.00.

Car ModelToyota FJ Cruiser
Hi Andrea B, thank you for taking the time to leave a great review on the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. If you have any questions in the future, please contact us on 1300 303 330.

Fantastic Carseat!

The seat has incredible safety features, my son is almost 6 and says the seat is extremely comfortable. It is easy to operate and can be disasembled to be washed with ease

Purchased in March 2017 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $549.00.

Car ModelHyundai Tucson TL
Hi Karah .B, Thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review on the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. We are thrilled to hear that your son finds the seat comfortable. If you have any questions in the future, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Love the features

Replaced our Infasecure with Safe n Sound for our main car. We really like the extra features;
1. The side impact cushion
2. The push button adjustment for the harness.
3. The head adjustment is so simple, simply lift up and allowed it to click.
4. The arm rest. Already our little one loved this feature.
5. The two drinks holder also a nifty ideas and already we put it to good use.

Overall our little girl did comment the seat feel much softer and not as hot and loved the arm rest.

We loved the fact it was on sale at Babyland and come with free install.

Purchased in January 2019 at Babyland.

Car ModelHonda Accord 9th Gen
Hi Andrew Nguyen, Thank you for your valuable feedback and fantastic review. We are happy to hear that your little girl loves the seat. If you have any questions in the future, please call us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Hi- I have looked in the CrEP website for safety ratings but nothing available. Can you tell me how you justify this being a super safe car seat? I am paranoid about head injuries and don’t want to buy anything that’s not going to support my son in an accident. Thanks, suzie
Hi Suzie, thanks for your question. The Maxi Guard PRO is a fully harnessed seat for children up to approx. 8yrs of age. The Maxi Guard PRO has revolutionary safety - dual layer Head and Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ (SICT™) minimises impact forces providing your child with the ultimate side impact protection - https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-maxi-guard-pro/ Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss the Maxi Guard PRO car seat with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Hi there, we have this seat for my 3 year old daughter. Recently she has started loosening the straps while we’re driving. As you know the button to loosen the straps isn’t hidden and is within reach. Do you have any tips on how to stop the button being so accessible? Obviously I’ve given her a very stern lecture each time she has done it, but she’s a threenager! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers, Kristin
I don’t really. She must be pretty strong because I thought it was quite a task to get mine to adjust. It’s quite tight. Our little ones are all under 3 so I haven’t encountered that. You could try emailing them and see if they have a suggestion. They’re very helpful.Hi Kristin, thank you for your question regarding the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO. Can you please email us at au-support@britax.com some photos of your 3 year old sitting in the seat so we can check the positioning of the harness and headrest so we can find the fastest resolution for you. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.This has occurred with our family too (son when he was 2, now 3). We have overcome the issue with some stern discipline. Our 5yr old can now adjust his seat for different clothes and we just reach in and tighten. Best seat ever

Can you change the restraint from being a Harness fit, to just using a seat belt as the child is now 6 years old?
Seat can go up to approx 8 years in harness mode.I want to change it out of harness mode for school pick up and drop offs. I know you can use it to 8 years in harness mode but is that the only way?I’m not sure how that works, as all our kids are under that age. The Britax website are very helpful, try sending them a quick email. Good luck. B

CategoryBaby Car Seats