Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

• Ease of Height Adjustment

Georgiana

Georgiana

Perfect car seat

Love this car seat - safe, easy to get in / out of & adjustable. We initially bought for our large frame son before he transitioned to a booster. Now we have our polar opposite tiny framed daughter in it & perfectly adjustable to suit both their needs! Highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Village.

Car ModelAudi Q5

Hayley

Hayley

Perfect carseat

My 2 year old is very comfortable in this seat, especially when I look at how u comfortable he is in a different seat he uses in a backup car. We don't remove the seat often but my husband had no difficulty installing it. It is well padded without causing overheating, and the straps are so smooth to tighten and loosen. It also comes with an inbuilt cupholder on the side

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $469.00.

Car ModelNissan X-Trail
Kita

KitaSydney, NSW

Only the best for my boys

I have 2 of these seats and when little mr 3 is old enough I will be buying him one too.
They are supportive and hold children secure! Easy to adjust and comfortable for kids!

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby & Toddler Town.

Car ModelToyota torago 2013
Heidi J.

Heidi J.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Best seat

My daughter and I love this seat
So comfortable easy to install and protects my girl from getting hurt in a accident. I had the normal maxi guard beforehand and I was in a accident we were rear ended and my daughter didn't budge she was unhurt and fine she done good and the seat done its job and I got my replacement :)

Car ModelVolkswagen Polo AW

Liss R

Liss RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car seat

Beautifully made seat that my toddler loves. He is really comfortable and the cup holders aren’t too far for him to reach. The shoulder pads won’t seem to stay in place and slide down constantly but that’s my only complaint. I had to buy it to replace a seat that didn’t have the right connections to be fitted in my Navara.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $450.00.

Car ModelNissan Navara

Nicole

NicoleSoutheast, SA

Absolutely recommend this car seat

This car seat is amazing and when my children fall asleep their head never drops forward! They are extremely comfortable and love car trips in this seat.
I am yet to remove the seat so I’m unsure how easy it is to do so and swap it over to a different car but we will be buying more to keep in my husbands car.
The quality is excellent and they look great also.
Absolutely recommend!!!

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $429.00.

Car ModelCx5

Watts Up

Watts UpSydney, NSW

Another great Britax car seat

Upgraded from the Britax Millenia seat for 2.5yearold toddler and very happy with this Britax product. It is expensive but feel you get quality in for of safety and comfort.
It could be improved by including isofix connections to the car instead of use of the seatbelt.

Purchased in June 2019.

Pitpat

PitpatHobart, TAS

My daughter loves her new seat could have used a quick install guide and child proofing on the release

Purchased in July 2019 at Babyco Online store for $449.00.

Car ModelSubaru Outback
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Pitpat, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and some valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-n-Sound team.

Sarah

SarahSouthwest, VIC

Amazing car seat

I upgraded my sons car seat and I think it’s amazing . My son is so much more comfortable!
He loves the holders and arm rests. Even though the price may put some people off its worth every penny . I have found it easier to lift the arm rests when getting him in and out of the car . It is so roomy. Highly recommended

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for $469.00.

Car ModelHolden Commodore VZ

Jess

JessSydney, NSW

Wish there was a girl colour

Love love this product so happy with it my son loves it and won’t use anything else but just wish by the time my daughter needs one there is a girly colour

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby Bunting.

Car ModelToyota RAV4

Sarah

SarahSydney Surrounds, NSW

Safe, comfortable and breathable

This seat is easy to use, positions our daughter well, and fabric is easy to clean. Also enables two adult passengers to sit alongside in our new VW Tiguan when required. Our daughter is well supported when she falls asleep in the car (head does not drop as it has in another seat), and the straps are very easy to adjust when we are ready to.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Car ModelVolkswagen Tiguan 5N 118TSI

KS

KS

Worth the money

This is my third Britax seat and I love it. Puts my toddler in a great position.
Only down side is the harness is hard to make it secure enough that a toddler can’t gets arms out of compared to the Platinum pro. And the cup holders are narrow.
Easy enough to install and clean.
I will only ever use Britax.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $439.00.

Car ModelToyota Kluger

Celeste

Celeste

Very happy with this car seat

Very happy with this purchase. We also have the maxi cosi moda and our toddler seems far more comfortable in this one. Easy to install. The cup holders are useless.

Purchased in January 2019.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Celeste, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Allison W.

Allison W.

So perfect for my growing son

This car is so easy to install and so comfortable for my 3.5 year old son and till he is 8 years old . I love the safety features and how easy it is to get my son in and out of . The fabric is nice and soft and it’s nicely padded for him .

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Allison W, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

CJs

CJsSouth Australia

Very happy

Very happy with the seat. Purchased for my very tall 5yo and appears to have a few years room to grow yet before she grows out of it. Says she is very comfortable. Also very easy to install compared to our other seat of the same class

Purchased in May 2019 for $469.00.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi CJs, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Ebs

EbsSydney, NSW

So comfortable and easy to use

I bought this for me 2 year old and swapped over the other britax car seat I have for my new born and I gotta say I love this car seat and so does my son, he’s comfortable in it and I find it very easy to put him in and out. I highly recommend.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Car ModelLand Rover Range Rover Evoque L538.II Prestige
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Ebs, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Carolyn

CarolynSydney

Fantastic!

We have two of these seats; they are fantastic, easy to install, adjust, and most importantly comfortable for my child. The seat offers great value, and with the high exit markers my child will get use of the seat far beyond 8.

Purchased in December 2017.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Carolyn, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we are able to assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Prathap K.

Prathap K.Sydney, NSW

Safe cool

Very Comfortable and Babies like the cat seat. car seat removal is bit tricky.attach / remove car seat often is not advisable.Very Comfortable and Babies like the cat seat. car seat removal is bit tricky.attach / remove car seat often is not advisable.

Purchased in February 2019.

Car ModelChevrolet Camaro 2SS Manual
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Prathap, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Sacha

SachaHunter Region, NSW

Love this car seat

Light weight. Easy to install. Easy to change the shoulder height settings with no need to pull the chair out of the car to do so. Easy to remove padding to clean. I don't like the cup holders, they barely fit a kids water bottle. I found the it needed a separate seat belt locking mechanism so the chair is really secure. This can be a common fault with car seats and is a $10 fix for your child's optimal safety.

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $439.00.

Car ModelHolden Commodore VF
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Sachakerr, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Tripple T.

Tripple T.South East Queensland, QLD

My child picked the good seat

My daughter has been using the similar Britax Safe-n-Sound (the rearward facing able) since born and we quite happy with it. Now she needs a bit more space and the old one will go to the second child on the way. Most safety features seem to be similar to other products in the same price range. Britax looks narrow enough to fit 2 seats side by side with ease. Chunky paddling gives safety assurance for our precious cargo.
Fitting to a car without isofix is always an effort, lucky I don't have to do that often. Removal for washing is reasonably easy.

Purchased in February 2019 for $497.00.

Car ModelToyota Fortuner GUN156R
Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Tripple T, thank you for taking the time to leave a fantastic review on the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. If you have any questions in the future, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Mcb

Mcbasked

I have two questions.
1. Can the vehicle seat be reclined somewhat to make the seat slightly more reclined than its recline position or does this interfere with the operation of the seat during a crash?

2. Can the metal clip for the top tether connect directly to the car's tether anchor point or do we need to install the bolt and anchor point that came with the seat into the cars? I assumed the bolt and connect is only needed if the veh8clr does not have it's own anchor point but the manual reads differently.

Debbie W.

Debbie W.asked

Do I need to use a Seat belt locking clip for my maxi guard pro. I drive a 2019 Audi sedan. My daughters car seat installer said it was a necessity for safety and correct installation. If this is the case why are they not sold with the car seat?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Debbie W. Thanks for your question. Seat belt locking clips are available in various forms such as gated buckles as well as other after market accessories and these devices can be used as additional installation aids. The Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro does not require the use of any additional installation devices/clips/buckles that are not already supplied with the product. However, if you have any concerns or uncertainty about the fitment of your car seat in your vehicle, we recommend seeking the advice of an accredited car seat fitter to check your car seat installation.
Britax child restraints are tested to meet the Australian standards (as supplied) when installed according to the manual. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

DiDasked

Love this car seat, but the cup holder is annoyingly small. Is there a bigger cup holder that could be swapped out, or can anyone recommend a water bottle that fits?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi DiD, thanks for your question. Unfortunately there is not another type of cup holder that can be attached to the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard Pro. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

DiD

Thank you for your response. Has anyone in the brittax research and development or marketing team found a child appropriate water bottle that fits your cup holder? I doubt many toddlers are being handed a McCaffe latte....

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi DiD, please feel free to call our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 and ask for Alyssia if you wish to continue discussing your review. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives