Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

Pros

• Well built, robust and safe

• Comfortable for your toddlers

• Great value for money and durable long term use (7 ½ years)

• Easy installation

Cons

• Bulky, not suitable for small cars

• Not ISOFIX compatible

• Premium price

• Forward facing only

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment

KylieSydney, NSW

Maxi guard pro navy

Very comfortable compared to other brands I have owned it’s really easy to install
I Take all 3 of mine out to clean once a month and wash all the covers
And really easy to adjust head rest and tighten belts

Purchased in March 2020 at Baby Bunting for $479.00.

Adel w

Adel wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Own two of this now. Planning to buy a 3rd one.
Pricey but very safe and comfortable.

Easily adjustable head height to suit 1.5 and 3.5yo.

Like the pouch at the front. I store socks and snacks there!

Found the bottle holder a little small and won't fit standard kids drink bottle.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $446.00.

TinaASouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality car seat that will last years

I purchased this Britax car seat for my 1 year old. The fabric is soft and seat is comfortable. My son is very happy, it fits him well. The only thing is it is not ISOFIX compatible. Otherwise, happy with it. High recommend it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $449.00.

Thank you Britax team!

Baby Car Seats

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO compares to other Baby Car Seats

Alyce W.

Alyce W.Hunter Region, NSW

Safe and comfortable

Love this car seat.
Safety rating is fantastic and our little guy always seems really comfortable.
Its easy to install and remove.
It is also one of the better looking car seats on the market.
It is quite large so if you had small car it may be a bit squishy but over all we love it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting for $549.00.

Melissa

Melissa

Great

Great car seat.
Easy to adjust, easy to get in and out of car.
Cupholders super handy.
Love the long age range of being able to have my child in a 5 point harness.

JLO

JLOTasmania

Amazing seat but I think the age should be 2 years - 8 years not 6 months - 8 years.

Purchased in June 2019 for $499.00.

Georgiana

Georgiana

Perfect car seat

Love this car seat - safe, easy to get in / out of & adjustable. We initially bought for our large frame son before he transitioned to a booster. Now we have our polar opposite tiny framed daughter in it & perfectly adjustable to suit both their needs! Highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Village.

Hayley

Hayley

Perfect carseat

My 2 year old is very comfortable in this seat, especially when I look at how u comfortable he is in a different seat he uses in a backup car. We don't remove the seat often but my husband had no difficulty installing it. It is well padded without causing overheating, and the straps are so smooth to tighten and loosen. It also comes with an inbuilt cupholder on the side

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $469.00.

Kita

KitaSydney, NSW

Only the best for my boys

I have 2 of these seats and when little mr 3 is old enough I will be buying him one too.
They are supportive and hold children secure! Easy to adjust and comfortable for kids!

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby & Toddler Town.

Heidi J.

Heidi J.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Best seat

My daughter and I love this seat
So comfortable easy to install and protects my girl from getting hurt in a accident. I had the normal maxi guard beforehand and I was in a accident we were rear ended and my daughter didn't budge she was unhurt and fine she done good and the seat done its job and I got my replacement :)

Liss R

Liss RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car seat

Beautifully made seat that my toddler loves. He is really comfortable and the cup holders aren’t too far for him to reach. The shoulder pads won’t seem to stay in place and slide down constantly but that’s my only complaint. I had to buy it to replace a seat that didn’t have the right connections to be fitted in my Navara.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $450.00.

Nicole

NicoleSoutheast, SA

Absolutely recommend this car seat

This car seat is amazing and when my children fall asleep their head never drops forward! They are extremely comfortable and love car trips in this seat.
I am yet to remove the seat so I’m unsure how easy it is to do so and swap it over to a different car but we will be buying more to keep in my husbands car.
The quality is excellent and they look great also.
Absolutely recommend!!!

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store for $429.00.

Watts Up

Watts UpSydney, NSW

Another great Britax car seat

Upgraded from the Britax Millenia seat for 2.5yearold toddler and very happy with this Britax product. It is expensive but feel you get quality in for of safety and comfort.
It could be improved by including isofix connections to the car instead of use of the seatbelt.

Purchased in June 2019.

Pitpat

PitpatHobart, TAS

My daughter loves her new seat could have used a quick install guide and child proofing on the release

Purchased in July 2019 at Babyco Online store for $449.00.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Pitpat, thanks for taking the time to leave your review and some valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-n-Sound team.

Sarah

SarahSouthwest, VIC

Amazing car seat

I upgraded my sons car seat and I think it’s amazing . My son is so much more comfortable!
He loves the holders and arm rests. Even though the price may put some people off its worth every penny . I have found it easier to lift the arm rests when getting him in and out of the car . It is so roomy. Highly recommended

Purchased in August 2019 at Baby Bunting for $469.00.

Jess

JessSydney, NSW

Wish there was a girl colour

Love love this product so happy with it my son loves it and won’t use anything else but just wish by the time my daughter needs one there is a girly colour

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby Bunting.

Sarah

SarahSydney Surrounds, NSW

Safe, comfortable and breathable

This seat is easy to use, positions our daughter well, and fabric is easy to clean. Also enables two adult passengers to sit alongside in our new VW Tiguan when required. Our daughter is well supported when she falls asleep in the car (head does not drop as it has in another seat), and the straps are very easy to adjust when we are ready to.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

KS

KS

Worth the money

This is my third Britax seat and I love it. Puts my toddler in a great position.
Only down side is the harness is hard to make it secure enough that a toddler can’t gets arms out of compared to the Platinum pro. And the cup holders are narrow.
Easy enough to install and clean.
I will only ever use Britax.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $439.00.

Celeste

Celeste

Very happy with this car seat

Very happy with this purchase. We also have the maxi cosi moda and our toddler seems far more comfortable in this one. Easy to install. The cup holders are useless.

Purchased in January 2019.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Celeste, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Allison W.

Allison W.

So perfect for my growing son

This car is so easy to install and so comfortable for my 3.5 year old son and till he is 8 years old . I love the safety features and how easy it is to get my son in and out of . The fabric is nice and soft and it’s nicely padded for him .

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for $599.00.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Allison W, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. If we can assist with anything at all in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Kaye H.

Kaye H.asked

Can you fit a Britax Safe n Sound Maxi Guard in a car with isofix with just the seatbelt and do you need an extension anchor strap?

Kylie

Maxi guards don’t come with isofix so seat belt install only you can only use one or the other and no you shouldn’t need an extension strap as it’s only a ff seat so should teach depends on the car

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Kaye H. Thanks for your question. The Australian Standards has only tested and approved Isofix on products which do not exceed the 4 year (age) mark. For example, our Safe-n-Sound Unity Isofix capsule, and some of our birth-4 year convertible car seats have Isofix. There are no seats in Australia which have Isofix that can go beyond 4 years.

Not all vehicles have the anchor point in the same location therefore, you may or may not require an extension strap.
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Courtney.asked

I have just purchased this and installed it for my almost 2 year old, just wondering at what point do I need to use or stop Using the insert? My son looks rather uncomfortable in the seat with it but I don’t want to put him at risk if he is to small to
Be without it. Can you please advise a rough guide as the user manual does not say.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Courtney, thanks for your question. The insert is a comfort item, not a safety item. You can remove the insert once you feel that your child no longer requires the extra padding. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Courtney.

Thank you, one other question, with the recline options is this also based on comfort or is there ages / stages for each setting? And if so what are they?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Courtney, there are 2 positions the seat can be used in, there's upright and a semi recline however this is dependent on the angle of your vehicle seat. There is not a specific angle the seat needs to be used in for certain ages. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Naomi

Naomi asked

Hi :) I just got the Britax Maxi Guard Pro for my 2year old daughter.. I was just wondering when do I remove the insert? Is it age based or is it just that her shoulders need to be at or above the first height marker? If the insert is removed and she is over the height marker is it safe for her to leave the insert out? Hope this makes sense.

Kylie

I took mine out for my 5yr old but my 31/2 still has hers as she is very tiny waist

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Naomi, thanks for your question. The insert is a comfort item, not a safety item. You can remove the insert once you feel that your child no longer requires the extra padding. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Features:

• Britax's Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO is a sturdy, and much loved, forward-facing baby car seat and a member of the trusted Britax Maxi family - with over 97% giving the product a 4 or 5 star rating.

• Britax claims that the product can safely be used on children from the ages of 6 months to 8 years, but it is always safer to keep your baby in a rear-facing seat for as long as possible before transitioning to a forward-facing one.

• For those concerned with the safety rating of their products, look no further. The Maxi Guard PRO ranks 4.9 in build quality, is durable, cushioned and well-protected on all sides with a dual layer Head and Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ (SICT™).

• Thermo5® high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal ensures that your child is kept comfortable in all weather conditions - along with 2 reclining positions to suit your sleeping toddler.

• A 6 point Hassle Free Harness™ is a key feature which keeps your child securely restrained at all times. Along with the head rest, both features are adjustable to suit a growing child.

• Practicality is a strong suit, offering ample storage space, cup holders and a full length messy mat.

Reviewers especially love:

• The security of the well-designed safety features of the Maxi Guard PRO provides much needed protection and peace-of-mind for concerned parents
  • How comfortable the seat is for their little ones
  • The ease of installation shown through a physical manual and a YouTube video
  • Easily cleanable
  • Adjustable headrests & harnesses to support your child as they grow
  • Pouch at front to store snacks, toys & other goodies
  • The design is sleek, gender neutral and modern
  • The brilliant value for money since this product can be used for 7 and a half years until your child is 8 years old!

Things to consider:

• The product is on the larger side and can take up space in the back sets which may not be suitable if you have a small vehicle or multiple baby car seats in one car
  • The price is in the mid to high range
  • Forward-facing only and not suitable for children under the age of 6 months and not recommended until your child outgrows rear-facing seats
  • Not ISOFIX compatible and will require a manual seat belt installation
CategoryBaby Car Seats