Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO

See the Best Baby Car Seats in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Britax Safe-n-Sound

Pros

Well built, robust and safe
Comfortable for your toddlers
Great value for money and durable long term use (7 ½ years)
Easy installation

Cons

Bulky, not suitable for small cars
Not ISOFIX compatible
Premium price
Forward facing only

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Height Adjustment
  • Top Review

Comfort and Safety

My child is very happy in their MGP. It’s a comfortable and cushy cover, but also doesn’t have them overheating in summer. The silver straps surprisingly haven’t stained and it’s seen a few spills and accidents over the last 12 months.

The easy adjust headrest is so convenient to get the perfect fit, and I have no trouble taking the seat in and out for cleaning or occasional use in another vehicle. Very easy to get a good install. I chose this model for the added side impact protection and extended harnessing. It doesn’t often go on sale but I managed to price match another stores sale with baby bunting.

Ashish Malhotra
Ashish MalhotraSydney, NSW
  • Top Review

Analysed and voted against Maxi Guard PRO but ended up buying its peer Millennia SICT

KaitGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Harnessed Booster Seat.

We’ve been using this seat for our kids for a few years now.
They are easy to install, the children love them, fabrics are easy to clean and quick to dry.
I like that they can remain harnessed for longer (like 8 to 10 years old). Easy strap adjustment as the child grows.
We actually have 4 of these seats across two vehicles.
Would be good if Britax made their seats more affordable though…

Comfort and Safety

Support C.Britax Safe-n-SoundSend a private message

Quality product no isofix.

It’s a quality product. My concern that it costs hundreds of dollars and there’s no isofix. At that price point it’s an expectation. I would give it a five if it had this.

Kylie
KylieSydney, NSW

Maxi guard pro navy

Very comfortable compared to other brands I have owned it’s really easy to install
I Take all 3 of mine out to clean once a month and wash all the covers
And really easy to adjust head rest and tighten belts

Purchased in at Baby Bunting for $479.

Baby Car Seats

Find out how Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO compares to other Baby Car Seats

Adel w
Adel wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Own two of this now. Planning to buy a 3rd one.
Pricey but very safe and comfortable.

Easily adjustable head height to suit 1.5 and 3.5yo.

Like the pouch at the front. I store socks and snacks there!

Found the bottle holder a little small and won't fit standard kids drink bottle.

Purchased in at Baby Bunting Physical store for $446.

TinaASouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality car seat that will last years

I purchased this Britax car seat for my 1 year old. The fabric is soft and seat is comfortable. My son is very happy, it fits him well. The only thing is it is not ISOFIX compatible. Otherwise, happy with it. High recommend it.

Purchased in at Baby Bunting Physical store for $449.

Thank you Britax team!

Alyce W.
Alyce W.Hunter Region, NSW

Safe and comfortable

Love this car seat.
Safety rating is fantastic and our little guy always seems really comfortable.
Its easy to install and remove.
It is also one of the better looking car seats on the market.
It is quite large so if you had small car it may be a bit squishy but over all we love it.

Purchased in at Baby Bunting for $549.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-SoundSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Melissa
Melissa

Great

Great car seat.
Easy to adjust, easy to get in and out of car.
Cupholders super handy.
Love the long age range of being able to have my child in a 5 point harness.

JLO
JLOTasmania

Amazing seat but I think the age should be 2 years - 8 years not 6 months - 8 years.

Purchased in for $499.

Georgiana
Georgiana

Perfect car seat

Love this car seat - safe, easy to get in / out of & adjustable. We initially bought for our large frame son before he transitioned to a booster. Now we have our polar opposite tiny framed daughter in it & perfectly adjustable to suit both their needs! Highly recommend.

Purchased in at Baby Village.

Hayley
Hayley

Perfect carseat

My 2 year old is very comfortable in this seat, especially when I look at how u comfortable he is in a different seat he uses in a backup car. We don't remove the seat often but my husband had no difficulty installing it. It is well padded without causing overheating, and the straps are so smooth to tighten and loosen. It also comes with an inbuilt cupholder on the side

Purchased in at Baby Bunting Physical store for $469.

Kita
KitaSydney, NSW

Only the best for my boys

I have 2 of these seats and when little mr 3 is old enough I will be buying him one too.
They are supportive and hold children secure! Easy to adjust and comfortable for kids!

Purchased in at Baby & Toddler Town.

Heidi J.
Heidi J.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Best seat

My daughter and I love this seat
So comfortable easy to install and protects my girl from getting hurt in a accident. I had the normal maxi guard beforehand and I was in a accident we were rear ended and my daughter didn't budge she was unhurt and fine she done good and the seat done its job and I got my replacement :)

Liss R
Liss RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car seat

Beautifully made seat that my toddler loves. He is really comfortable and the cup holders aren’t too far for him to reach. The shoulder pads won’t seem to stay in place and slide down constantly but that’s my only complaint. I had to buy it to replace a seat that didn’t have the right connections to be fitted in my Navara.

Purchased in at Baby Bunting for $450.

Nicole
NicoleSoutheast, SA

Absolutely recommend this car seat

This car seat is amazing and when my children fall asleep their head never drops forward! They are extremely comfortable and love car trips in this seat.
I am yet to remove the seat so I’m unsure how easy it is to do so and swap it over to a different car but we will be buying more to keep in my husbands car.
The quality is excellent and they look great also.
Absolutely recommend!!!

Purchased in at Baby Bunting Online store for $429.

Zoe C.
Zoe C.asked

Hi just wondering if someone could tell me dose the strap go over or under the metal bar at the back or the seat.

Hey,
If you're talking about the straps when feeding them through to the back and connecting to the T piece, the straps go under the bar.

Zoe M.
Zoe M.asked

I know the seat says 12 months to 8 years, but is it safe to put a 10 month old in? I need new car seats for my kids, but my 2 year old has already grown out of his 0-4 seat so want to buy something bigger for my baby.

Kait

No. It’s not ideal for that age really as rear facing is best.

Shan
Shanasked

We bought our Britax Platinum Pro car seat based on the 4.3 star safety rating it received from child car seats Australia and we absolutely love it. We were planning on buying the Maxi Guard Pro as the next step up for our toddler to use so our newborn can now use the platinum pro but when I checked the safety rating for the Maxi Guard Pro it seems to have only received a 1.9 safety rating? Am I reading it wrong? Just a bit confused as there are so many awesome reviews for this seat!

See all Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO questions

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Features:

• Britax's Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO is a sturdy, and much loved, forward-facing baby car seat and a member of the trusted Britax Maxi family - with over 97% giving the product a 4 or 5 star rating.

• Britax claims that the product can safely be used on children from the ages of 6 months to 8 years, but it is always safer to keep your baby in a rear-facing seat for as long as possible before transitioning to a forward-facing one.

• For those concerned with the safety rating of their products, look no further. The Maxi Guard PRO ranks 4.9 in build quality, is durable, cushioned and well-protected on all sides with a dual layer Head and Torso Side Impact Cushion Technology™ (SICT™).

• Thermo5® high-performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal ensures that your child is kept comfortable in all weather conditions - along with 2 reclining positions to suit your sleeping toddler.

• A 6 point Hassle Free Harness™ is a key feature which keeps your child securely restrained at all times. Along with the head rest, both features are adjustable to suit a growing child.

• Practicality is a strong suit, offering ample storage space, cup holders and a full length messy mat.

Reviewers especially love:

• The security of the well-designed safety features of the Maxi Guard PRO provides much needed protection and peace-of-mind for concerned parents
  • How comfortable the seat is for their little ones
  • The ease of installation shown through a physical manual and a YouTube video
  • Easily cleanable
  • Adjustable headrests & harnesses to support your child as they grow
  • Pouch at front to store snacks, toys & other goodies
  • The design is sleek, gender neutral and modern
  • The brilliant value for money since this product can be used for 7 and a half years until your child is 8 years old!

Things to consider:

• The product is on the larger side and can take up space in the back sets which may not be suitable if you have a small vehicle or multiple baby car seats in one car
  • The price is in the mid to high range
  • Forward-facing only and not suitable for children under the age of 6 months and not recommended until your child outgrows rear-facing seats
  • Not ISOFIX compatible and will require a manual seat belt installation
CategoryBaby Car Seats