Safety 1st Prime AP

Safety 1st Prime AP

See the Best Booster Car Seats in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good quality

It's very good, kids like it with two water stands, easy to install and clean, seems well propect the kid. But my kid was not comfortable sleeping, because there is nothing.

Purchased in September 2017 at Baby Bunting Online store for $198.00.

Safety
Ease of Installation
Ease of Height Adjustment

Daughter loves it

I wanted something my daughter could grow with and last over several years. After doing plenty of research I settled on this one. It was a good affordable price and came with features we wanted such as cup holders. It also has antibacterial mesh. Daughter doesn't complain and seems to like it.

Too upright, not suitable for babies

We bought this for our 1 year old daughter thinking it would be ideal for the next few years. Fitting the seat was a little confusing but we got there. Our first outing and we realised how upright the seat is, her head practically hits her knees she’s that far forward when asleep. Waking every so often to lift her head. We will definitely be returning it for this reason, pity as a comfortable seat otherwise.

Good slim seat but a hassle to adjust shoulder straps

We chose this Safety 1st Prime AP Convertible Booster as an alternative to an infant concertible seat. It’s a good seat which doesn’t take up as much room as an infant convertible seat. It also has the option of using the normal seat belt (rather than harness) as the child grows. I just wish the shoulder straps or harness were easier to adjust and didn’t require accessing behind the seat (and therefore uninstalling the seat). Isofix would be nice too.

Great car seat!

We were looking to upgrade our baby seat, and this one was perfect. He was only 3 when we got it, so we still wanted a harness, it’s great it has a 5 point harness. It’s got side head protection, it looks very comfortable. Only thing is (not that we do) you can transfer it as easy as our last one, it’s difficult to put the lap sash belt through the back. Still a great seat tho!

Good value for money

I chose this over the Britax equivilant, although not much separated them in cost and features.
So far haven't had any issues except for the moisture wicking material starting to show wear where my daughter puts her feet, although it is probably not designed to prevent this.
Also good that you can use it as a 5 point harness and then convert it to a booster seat later on.

More comfortable than lower-cost alternatives. Far greater height allowance for older children not y

We purchased these following the previous restraints being involved in a motor vehicle collision (T-boned, not at fault) so sought to replace the old ones for peace of mind. After extensive research on the CREP reports, and reading other reviews online we decided upon these. They were one of the few models attaining a 5 star CREP rating in both modes of use (5 point harness and booster options), and given our children are getting older (7 years and 8 years) yet both not tall enough to travel safely with just a seatbelt (120cms and 125cms respectively with slight builds) I feel comfortable using these as they are secure and comfortable with ample protection at the side of the headrests (air pocket tech feels squishy). The teal details are very attractive. The fact the head rest adjustment uses a "pull out' tab adjuster rather than a push-in button means the car's seating doesn't accidentally push the height adjuster in, and the kids find them very comfy. Have to admit too,the cup holders were a dealbreaker between this and a competitor's seat. We love having them!

Great nice and slimm

These car seats are amazing. We have three of them in the back on my Mitsubishi ASX and they fit perfectly. All three of my children are able to get in and buckle themselves in without questions asked. They are a nice slim fit design and are a great colour. The price was cheap also.

Love it!!

Recently brought this for out two year old. He is very big for his age and this is perfect for him. It’s compact so we could easily fit three along the back seat in our car - outlander. We love the cup holders and how easy it is to fit into the car.

Perfect car seat for child!

Upgraded baby seat in car to a Safety 1st Prime AP seat. Very easy to install and my child finds the seat very confortable to sit in. There are various adjustments you can make to suit the height of your child. The seats come in various colours to choose from. Overall great seat valkue for money!

Great quality. Slim fit. Practical

Seats are great quality for the price ($199 on special at toys r us). I bought 6 recently! 3 for my car, and 3 for my husband's ute. They are slim so they fit across the middle together (although a little tricky to install when doing 3 in a row!). The fabric is great, and antibacterial apparently. The cup holders are great too, except hard to access when 3 seats are all next to each other (still can access some of them though!).
The big downside for me though is the air protect headrests. These are way to tall to be used for most kids in my opinion. My 18month old son's shoulders are on the middle setting but his head barely reaches the very bottom of the headrest. It actually looks like his head would hit the hard base of the headrest in an accident. My almost 4 year old daughter is nearly tall enough for the booster mode, though her head just reaches the headrests in lowest position.I did speak to the company about this. They said it is all still perfectly safe and the seat itself provides protection regardless of the headrest, which just adds "extra protection". Just a shame in my opinion as the seat would go above and beyond if that headrest actually moved down closed to the 6month age that they advertise it for.
(If interested though the same brand/style booster only seat has a much lower headrest. I'll attach a photo of I can to explain what I mean!
I still recommend the seat. I am very happy with it. (Just slightly annoyed by the headrest issue.)

Good seater

This is a good seater I bought for my son with cup holders on both sides of the seat. One down side is it is harder and troublesome putting on the car seatbelt if moved from one car to the other and thus it is time consuming. One of the label on the seat is wrong as well.

Well made, easy to install and clean

The car sear is very easy to install and easy to clean. It is slim line so free up some space for the back row. The seat quality is above average for the price and it has a two cup holders which is handy for the kids. I would recommend it.

Ok

This is a great seat at best price I am useing it for the fit time and it doesn’t disappoint
Kids like it and way to install and easy to clean
Hardly have any bad things innit
Just fit it and ready to go
Very reasonable pricing as well ok

In my ute

I have this car seat in my ute. It great beacuse it's slim line and doesn't take up much room. I can still have 2 people sitting in the back with the char seat in there. I put my little one in it for 1 year and she loves it. It's very easy to install and to remove and easy to remove seat cover and chuck in the wash for washing.

Sturdy and Well Made

I like the way this seat fits in my car. It was easy to install, doesn't take up too much room and importantly, does not move around like our old seat. The quality is nice for the price - my son looks really comfy in there! I would suggest shopping around online as I've seen this seat on sale quite often. Would recommend!

Good value for money

I had this car seat in my mother's car and she uses it every now and then when she takes her granddaughter out.
The car seat is comfortable and the material is durable and I can see it will have a lot of use. The only thing that I did not like was that it did not come with detailed instructions how to install and when I took it to NRMA installation station, they said that there was a piece missing that connects to the car seat belt.

Great slimline chair

I have a VW Passat and was determined to have three car seats fit in the back. We have this seat in the middle for our three year old. He's tall but uses it with the chair seat belts but I like how he will still be able to use it as a booster as he continues to grow. He loves the cup holders too. We had it installed professionally and it doesn't budge. It feels very secure to the car which is a great thing.

So good

I bought this car seat last year on month of July. I found very comfortable for my baby.Color is very nice. it is chipper and best fitting in my car. It is long lasting too. I would like to recommend to purchase this quality product to my friends and family's.

O

Indont relly like this car seat coz it's not really easy to install plus it's made my car seat leather has a deep mark. So when you install facing front it's very hard to settle it down it's swing to left and right. I don't know the reason but you just have to tight it up properly otherwise it's unsafe