Britax Safe-n-Sound Hi-Liner SG

Britax Safe-n-Sound Hi-Liner SG

Safe and comfortable

Very Comfortable and Babies like the car seat. Car seat removal is bit tricky. Attach / remove car seat often is not advisable.

Purchased in January 2019 at Drugscreen for $499.00.

Safety
Ease of Installation
Ease of Height Adjustment
Car ModelToyota Camry XV30
Hi Prathap, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Safe-n-Sound team.

Great booster seat for my 5yo

My 5yo outgrew his car seat so we decided on the Britax Safe-n-Sound Hi-Liner SG after doing some research. It has a very good safety rating and it's reasonably priced. We purchased from Pearce's Child Restraints which installed for us for a small fee. The Pearce consultant was very thorough with his explanation on how to move the car seat from car to car and how to ensure the child is strapped in properly. As a result, we found this booster seat super easy to use and have not had to read the manual to date. We have moved it between our cars and the grandparent's cars and found the installation very easy. My 5yo loves the seat, especially the two cupholders which he uses to store his hot wheels. My 5yo can now do up and take off the seat belt by himself so school pick up and drop off will be very easy. Has a a decent range of colours too, we have a neutral grey/black seat.

Hi Karen A, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Perfect for my son

I have studied a lot of reviews before I bought this car seat and I think my research has been fruitful, I got a really good car seat that my son can use until he’s older, the quality and brand is really very good for a practical price. Its win win!

Hi Ele, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great booster seat!

Out of all the booster seats I've looked at this was the best one. Has a slot for the sash part of the seat belt to go through so it sits right and the lap part of the seat belt also has a bit for it to go through, so that if you were in an accident then the seat belt wouldn't be able to do internal damage or not as much anyways. My daughter lovers it before I got it I took her into a baby shop to sit in one to make sure it was okay for her to sit in. Once I had checked that it was all good I waited a few weeks then ordered it online which it actually arrived pretty quickly. I installed it as soon as I could and she couldn't wait to use it. She loves being in a big girl seat and it comes in a range of colours which is a bonus. Great booster seat which out the 5 point harness but you can attach one if you want to.

Great booster seat

Very happy with this booster seat. My son looks comfortable in it and loves his big boy seat. It was easy to instal and is very easy to use. I purchased the black seat and am very happy with it. I like that it has side pockets where I can place my keys while I get my son belted in. Purchased this seat because I wanted a safe seat for my son.

Great seat

Needed something comfortable and easy for my smaller car. After searching for awhile we bought this seat. My daughter loves it and doesn’t want to come out from it,she said she feels like a big kid

Can't go wrong with Safe-n-Sound.

it is a perfect size for my girl. Very easy to clean and wash and to move to other seat. Spacey and roomy so that my girl has enough space to move her body and her head. When she sleeps, she can easily lean her head on the side of the booster.

Perfect Booster

We purchased this booster seat for our 4yr when our baby was ready to transition. Its been so great. So easy to put in and out of different cars. Still really secure. We let her choose her colour. There were 3 colours to choose from. Nice and light to carry also.

We bought 2 of these for our children. They thought they were very comfortable and were in no rush to get out of them! Easily washed when there were the inevitable spills and came up like new. They are also narrow enough that with 2 in the rear someone could sit between them.

Great car seat

Nice modern design that suits our style and our car. Sturdy built and now our 2nd child is using it too and it still very sturdy, I would highly recommend it to any parents out there who's looking to purchase a great quality booster seat. Great price for the great quality!

This is perfect!

That was our second Safe-n-sound for my child. It is safe and very comfortable. My boy really like it and when he slept, he always felt comfortable and enjoy. Just have one problem for me to used it. When that's dirty, it's little hard to wash it. Others all good.

Hi Hannah, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! We're happy to hear you found our car seat safe and comfortable for bub! If we can assist you with any cleaning advice, please don't hesitate to call our customer service team on 1300 303 330. Warm regards, the Britax team.

Great seat for a fast growing child

My son loves his new seat. He’s a fast growing boy so this chair will last him well. It was easy to install and it’s easy to click my son in. Only the cup holders a a bit hard to slid out and my son needs help with this which is a hasstle when he needs it while driving but it’s not too common.

a good buy

I bought a few booster seats in past and this is so far the best one. I found this to be secure, comfortable and doesn't take up too much space in my car. The one we bought has a blue colour cover and the fabric is of good quality and no fading of the fabric.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave your terrific review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great seat

Very happy with this seat for my daughter. It's really easy to put in and out of the car and adjust the size for her growth spurts! She's nearly 8yrs old and still fits comfortably. The fabric is lasting well even though it's been through the wash a few times.

Hi Nicky, Thank you so much for your time to write us the above review. We are delighted to hear you find our car seat comfortable and easy to adjust. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great car seat for your ever growing child.

Awesome car seat. Easy to take in or out when you need to. The cup holders that pop in and out on both sides when you need them are great and useful. The colours available are great to get your child to choose their own. The arm rests are handy and practical.

Perfect.

I purchased this car seat for my 3 year old. I like this seat. It gives support to head which is good thing. My kid likes it as well. My kid feels safe in this car seat and I got this at very good price. I can recommend this to others.

Simple and easy to install

Just recently purchased one of these for my 4 year old. Easy to install and easy to use, also doesn't take up too much room (have had this issue in the past). My little one loves the drink holders and the fact that he can have a blue seat. I'm definitely a fan of the britax safe and sound child seat range.

Our daughter seems to love it...

This is easy enough to use, our daughter seems to love it, and it says it's safe. Of course our daughter wanted the pink one, ha ha. It fits in well in our car. We put this one in our VW Amarok and now have 3 seats across the back of it - x1 Britax Safe N Sound Meridian AHR (rearward facing for the baby), x1 Infasecure Evolve Caprice for the 3 year old, and the Hi-Liner SG in the middle for the 4 1/2 year old. It fits well due to one seat being wider at the top vs the bottom and no-one is squashed. Even the cup holders can still be used.
My amazing husband even managed to get 3 seats across the back of my Suzuki Kizashi! That was unexpected - x1 Britax Safe N Sound Meridian AHR (forward facing), x1 Infasecure Evolve Caprice (in the middle) and x1 Steelcraft Strider capsule (rearward facing). So it can be done, you just need to have the right angles, I suppose.
We didn't get the harness for the Hi-Liner as there haven't been great reviews about that one, but our daughter seemed very safe without it and enjoyed hooking the lapsash into the antisubmarining clip herself.
No-one's heads are nodding forwards in any of the seats while sleeping because my husband used a couple of towels strategically placed under the seats to get them just right. HOWEVER, my daughter's head ends up in a weird position because of the seatbelt across the body in this Britax seat - it looks so uncomfortable with her chest forward and her head tilted back! Hence we've moved her back into the Infasecure Evolve Caprice seat with a proper harness - and when she sleeps, her head is fine now. I think it's the seatbelt across the body that's the problem with the Britax one - it jams the torso so that the head and neck can't move properly. At least it does with my daughter, and she's only 5 but the size of a 6 year old. With the Infasecure seat, the inbuilt harness works better for her. I'd say stick with a child seat with an inbuilt harness if you're not sure. It's more balanced for the child's body. And it's actually WAY easier to undo a harness at bellybutton position than reaching down into the depths between two carseats to find the wretched button release!
Think it was $164 from Baby Bunting in Fyshwick (ACT).

Great car seat for taller kids

This is the best car seal, I love the cup holders and pouch on both sides, my son uses them all the time. This was the best one for taller kids. they will be able to stay in them longer than any other car seat. It looks really comfortable too.

Best booster kids

This the best booster seat we have. It provides safety and comfort my daughter, and you can adjust the height so it can last longer than other booster/car seat. It has the highest rating on safety. My 6 years old can put her own seat belt. It has cup holder that also a bonus.

Could anyone confirm that the width of this seat is in fact 410mm please? A couple of websites also state 440mm for the same seat.. a little confused therefore just wanted to verify. Thanks in advance.

What height is the exit marker for this seat please?
Hi Sharles, thanks for your question. The Britax Hi-Liner SG top shoulder height marker is positioned at approx. 510mm. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

We have two of these and have used them with our grandchildren. It’s always puzzled me that even though we have carefully followed the installation instructions and securely tethered it to the fitting in the car, you still seem to be able to manually pull the back of the child seat forward away from the car seat. It’s not firmly wedged against the car seat back. We’ve assumed that in the event of an accident the car seat belt would take over and hold everything in place. Is this correct?
Mine is also like this, Ive been trying to look on laws regarding the anchored tether strap and cant seem to find out. I was told in Qld that we are allowed to use the booster seats that dont have a anchored tether strap. But if you are worried you can see if a professional car seat fitter might be able to help you.Thankyou Chloe. I think I’ll try talking to Britax first and then if still in doubt will check with a car seat fitter and see what they say.Hi Dandka, thanks for your question. The top tether must always be used with seat that are provided with a top tether. In regards to the fitment if you would like to give us a call on 1300 303 330 we would like to discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Hi-Liner SG