Samsonite Cosmolite

Samsonite Cosmolite

Series 3, Series 1 and Series 2

See the Best Suitcases in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kathryn L.

Kathryn L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wheel fell off

We have had damson before and have loved their quality so had no qualms buying the cosmolite. We travel roughly one or two times a year and had been happy with it. This time the wheel fell off and we were so shocked that it would happen to a Samsonite case. Then we heard that it happened to another acquaintance and then we googled and was shocked that it has happened to so my people!. Wished I researched it before instead of relying on previous Samsonite experience of their older models

Purchased in December 2015 at Myer.

Lawrence

Lawrence

For those doing research, this may not be the luggage for you

Purchased in December 2014 for $849.00.

Lifewolimits

LifewolimitsMelbourne

81cm (or 158cm) failed requirements of many airlines especially the USA and even Qantas

Warren and Sue

Warren and Sue

very poor quality

I have just purchased a cosmolite suitcase i have taken it on one trip it has very bad deep scratches it looks like I have had it for twenty years I contacted samsonite sent them a picture but sadly it is not covered by warranty I especially paid the exorbitant price as I travel a lot and wanted a sturdy suitcase.I do not believe it is worth the money and it is extremely poor quality I have an Antler suitcase which cost a quarter of the price have taken it around the world and is definitely better quality.

Broken wheel - 4 times

Really frustrated with the Cosmolite 28’. Almost every time I check in my luggage, one wheel will be missing when I arrive destination. It happened to Sydney (2 times), Phnom Penh and Kuala Lumpur airport. While it’s the lightest luggage, the hassle is pretty painful when you’re travelling. The wheel cost AUD 50 to fix and will take up to 3 days, depending on your luck and where are you. Sydney can fix in 2 days. Kuala Lumpur I have to wait for 2 months coz samsonite have to order the wheel in. Don’t buy!

tassa

tassaFerring

Disappointing performance

Seeved

SeevedMarbella

Excellent ultra-light durable luggage

In the family we have two 75cm Samsonite Cosmolites (ver 1.0 and 2.0). We love them for their lightness and durability. They have performed faultlessly for several years of hard use, mostly fully packed (18-23 kgs). The older has made 60+ flights, and the younger 30+, w/o any problems whatsoever. I have now ordered a larger Cosmolite 81cm (v 3.0). In searching the Internet for suppliers, I stumbled on your site and was amazed by the number of poor reviews. Are you guys exceptionally unlucky or are the reviews paid for by competitors?

sukobi

sukobiSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints - as expected

We have used Samsonite luggage for 25 years in one model or another without issue. I love these lightweight cases. We purchased the 74cm versions in 2013 and took them to the UK and USA without issue. They were a bit scuffed by the airlines, but not sure how this could be avoided. The cabin sized 55cm versions are so convenient and so easy to pack for a few days away and yet stay within the cabin bag weight limit meaning no checked baggage. I bought two of them separately on sale and remain happy with the purchase. They are so easy to manoeuvre around, especially when you are tired and/or rushed, as we tend to be when we're using them.

Zipper breaks and rubber hinges wear out extremely quick

Do not buy if you want reliability. Had bought 6 for whole family...all unsatisfactory and no warranty as they say "wear and tear is normal and not covered...they sure do wear out and tear!!!

xris

xrisAU

Terrible useless luggage

Purchased two samsonite cosmolite, the zipper broke While packing my (23kg) items. I transferred to the second bag thinking maybe my luck and this one is faulty. On my way back from my trip while packing just few hours before my flight the second bag’s zipper also broke and this wAs only the first time I use both. No I didn’t overpack. The quality is terrible considering the amount I paid. ALso the lock on one of them never worked. Very disappointed, I advise anyone to stay away from samsonite.

Terrible, wish I had never purchased

3 out of 6 flights have lost a wheel. Terrible waste of money. I bought these cases as they are ultra light and thought they would be worth the money as we travel overseas 4 to 6 times a year and my husband travels weekly domestically. Have never lost a wheel off the cheap suitcases I have previously used. I have no faith in my luggage arriving intact, losing a wheel once I would think is bad luck but 3 times means poor design and quality. DONT buy these suitcases, and I wouldn't waste any further money on Samsonite ever again. The warrantee isn't worth the paper its written on.

Terrible wheels

Will never buy samsonite again! Main attraction was the light weight but this is null and void if two wheels fall off.
Was fixed by shop but kept falling off so threw it away.
Absolutely gutted, saved up had this on lay by - Never again will I buy anything from samsonite!

Zip broke on first trip and now again on 3rd trip.

Zip broke on the first trip. Argued with shop that they should send it away to get it repaired and won, but lost on picking it up and had to drive 1.5 hours there and back. Now on 3rd trip zip broke again. The zip has broken both times at the start and finish, and if you pull away the cloth that concels the the start of the zip you will see just a blob of glue to "stop" it pealing apart. Cheap idea but useless. Like most I paid premium price for what i thought was quality, maybe they were good a few years ago, but not now.

Annoyed Samsonite/Myer customer too !!!

Zip failed on my Cosmolite 79cm spinner while in USA last month.
$35 repair job refused by Samsonite to be done on this $800+ piece of luggage..
Couldn't speak to Samsonite because of AFL Grand Final holiday in Melb today
Not happy Samsonite.

Superior luggage

Martin

MartinMelbourne

Great suitcase, super light

I purchased a small and medium sized Samsonite about 4 years ago when Myer was having a 50% off sale. Everyone borrows them and it has traveled overseas about 6 times a year. I have never had any problems, except for the usual scratches and stickers.

Jim S

Jim SGoldCoast

Avoid it - quality terrible

Two wheels came off the first time I used it on a flight from Brisbane to Vancouver. Paid a fortune for very disappointing quality. My cheaper case served me well for years.

Annamarie

Annamarie

Shocked at poor performance

I purchased 2 samsonite suitcases recently. They have both been used minimally. My family and I went on a month's holiday to Europe. When we came home both were completely unusable and it was difficult to get them home. The zip had exploded on one suitcase and clothes were hanging out. The wheel had caved in on the other one so that we could not pull it along. They are both beyond repair and I don't trust the brand anymore. I paid over $800 for these suitcases. The cheaper ones which accompanied us continue to be in perfect condition. Buyer beware!

Wheels repeatedly come off

I bought this very expensive case, only to find that 2 wheels were missing the first time I picked it up from a baggage carousel. The wheels were replaced. But the next time the case was used, another wheel was missing at the end of the trip. Beware potential purchasers.

Disgrace That This Product Is Still Being Sold

Peter

Peterasked

Cosmolite Series 3

One wheel has come of three times in three years, and been repaired each time by a authorised repairer. How do we stop this continuing to occur and be prevented?

cleobasset1

cleobasset1asked

Cosmolite Series 3

Considering a Cosmolite 55cm cabin bag, but really need a decent extendable handle, to slip another small hand bag with elasticised back panel over. The pictures show a very small handle. Do they extend further than all the product pictures show?

Tony

My partner purchased one these when I purchased my large case .
Please be assured the handle does extend well and is suitable to attach small bag..
Good luck....

Robertasked

I have just bought a Samsonite Cosmolite Spinner 75. The TSA lock is set to 000 (default), but following the instructions how to change the code to another combination by sliding the left button, holding it while changing combination, then release the left button. The problem is that it is not possible to change the numbers when doing this (numbers are lock to 000) ? Anyone knows why and the remedy on how to change code with this symtom?

The Y-man

There is a little button that needs to be pressed down (with a pen or paper clip)

See

The Y-man

On second thoughts - maybe not - I'll need to check at home on the actual unit.

Thanks! It got solved by pressing the small button. Great

Get an answer from our members and Samsonite representatives