MPN: SM-J250GZKAXSA

Good cheap phone

I bought this as a basic phone and it has fulfilled most of my requirements. The phone is not great for taking pictures especially in low light and the on board memory does fill quite quickly depending on what you store on it. I have not tried using a memory card with it. I have not found it difficult to load the apps I want on it and have had no problem running them. On the other hand I am mainly using basic apps for messaging/social media and I may not have stretched it enough to encounter some of the other problems reviewers have experienced. One of the reasons I picked it was for a slightly bigger screen than many phones have and this had made it easier for me to see details of emails/texts etc. I have found the screen easy and bright to see. It seems to be a fairly durable phone but I bought a screen protector and a rubber holder to give it a bit more protection. The battery life is okay, unless I am using it a lot I recharge about every two days or so. So far so good.

Purchased in January 2019.

Decent solid cheap phone

I picked this phone up as a backup while my S7 was being fixed and it is a nice solid little phone. It has SD card capabilities so storage isn't an issue, it runs all the same android apps as my S7 (a little slower but still ok) and it is a nice sturdy little phone. For the cheap price, this is a great Samsung starter phone. Battery life has started to diminish but I also use lots of battery packs which doesn't help. The camera is pretty poor quality however so don't think you'll be taking any nice photos with it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Australia Post Offices for $120.00.

Problems with phone

Have only had it for 6 months and am unable to download any apps as it keeps coming up with low on space. Havnt actually got any of my apps on it...

Hi Meg, your mobile device's storage seems to be low due to an assortment of data such as photos, videos, apps, messages and more. We recommend for you to head to Settings > Device care > Storage if you would like to see what kind of data may be filling up your phone's memory. You can also insert a MicroSD into your device to use it as expandable memory. Jo Samsung AU

This phone is complete crap.

I've had my j2 pro for just under a year and already it's shutting down while I'm using it glitching all the time which is highly frustrating when doing work or research always having to restart or pull the batteryout to start back up and it also says you can add a memory card but when I did it did not work none of my files pictures or music etc would show up unless saved to the phone itself. Overall im highly dissatisfied with this phone would recommend picking another type.

Purchased in September 2018 at Thewarehouse for $250.00.

Software
Hi Billie- Jean, we're sorry to hear you are having this experience with your J2 Pro. We would recommend you take your device into a service centre, so our techs can assess it for you. You can find your closest service centre via the link below: > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ Remember, all visits require a booking: > https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ You can also reach out to us via the link below, so we can try to assist.' > m.me/SamsungAustralia LisaWe're sorry to hear of the inconveniences this may have caused. It would be best for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre so we can look into this for you. Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Jo Samsung AU

Good value for money

It's a Samsung so it's good. The J2 Pro is my replacement to the S5. This phone does everything just as well as the S5 did. For me, it is g8 value, as smartphones are not cheaply repairable. The memory size is a bit light on, but for the price and quality if too good to pass up.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $178.00.

Unhappy 6 months + 1 day and the LCD dies

Phone worked well, unsure what happened. Unhappy, almost cost of phone to repair. Treated carefully, looks like new. Liability changed from 'vendor' to 'consumer'. Reason: Impact damage to LCD, Repair Quote: $150.00 Notes: LCD replacement.

Purchased in December 2018 at Officeworks Physical store for $197.00.

Software
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, Brian. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through? Jo Samsung AU

Good value for money. A little slow

Very good value phone. The LCD is very good for a phone this price. Apps can get a little slow though if too much is opened at once. Home button has started to feel a little worn even after a short period of ownership.

Purchased in March 2019 at Optus for $149.00.

Software

Back keys and Recents Keys don't light up on this model.

I just purchased this phone and when I set it up at home I realized there were no lights for the back keys and recents key near the menu button. So if you want these keys to light up they wont on this model. Otherwise its a good phone so far.

Purchased in May 2019 for $179.00.

Software
Hi there, thank you for your feedback! If you experience any troubles with your device, please visit one of our service centre locations! You can find your closest service centre via the link below: >https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ Remember, all visits require a booking: >https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Lisa Samsung AU

It does everything I need it to do

Great storage and quality but the camera needs to be way better..a good phone needs a perfect camera. If I put too much in my phone. It freezers or goes silly. An upgrade would be good.

Purchased in February 2017 at Big W Retail Stores for $250.00.

Garbage

Phone was great to start but Internet continually dropped out and would need a restart of the phone to start working. When the internet did work, it was very slow. Had the phone for about 6 months before one morning the battery went 50% to 10% in about 3 hours and wouldn't charge. I was told the battery was faulty by the local repair shop and told to go to samsung. Nope went and bought a new phone and will never use a samsung again.

Purchased in November 2018 at Vodafone for $189.00.

Software
Hi Micholas, thank you for providing your open and honest feedback. We always recommend having your device assessed if you face any troubles. Our techs are happy to help out. You can find your closest service centre via the link below: >https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ Remember, all visits require a booking: >https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Lisa Samsung AU

Failed within a month

I bought the Samsung J2 Pro on a recommendation of my local Telstra Shop. While I was initially please with the phone - clear display, impressive battery life, good volume through the speaker and the Bluetooth car kit - it was only a few weeks before the display started to flutter and have horizontal bands moving down the screen.
I went into the Telstra Shop only to be told that there was no stock availability from Samsung Australia so I had the choice of hanging onto the phone until stock became available or to accept a loner phone with no internet access - so no emails or mobile hotspot for my Ipad and laptop while travelling.
Not happy as the phone is really Not Fit for Purpose and Samsung, by law, should be doing something more.

Purchased in March 2019.

Hi Lyall, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with your J2 Pro. We've sent you a PM requesting more information. When its most convenient for you can you please send that through? You can also reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Lisa Samsung AUDespite Samsung selling me a phone that was not fit for purpose, the company refuses to replace the faulty phone until I send it off to their Sydney service centre for assessment. This is despite Telstra Shop stating that the phone is faulty. I have explained to Samsung that this is my work phone and being without it for one to two weeks would cut off all contact for my business - meaning no work over that time. The company response it "that is Samsung procedure and they will not vary". This lack of flexibility means Samsung is NOT business friendly. I will have to buy another phone so my new Samsung can be sent off for 'assessment'. Not happy!We're sorry to hear this, Lyall. Just to let you know, we have sent a PM for further information so that we can look into this. Jo Samsung AU

Good price Smart phone

The Samsung J2 Pro is my first ever Smart phone, after much research on the Reviews, including this Product Reviews Forum. What I like: 1) price is within $200 - for my limited budget. 2) Has removable battery which means cheaper maintenance long term. 3) An established brand name. Outcome: I am not disappointed, even though I needed to visit Samsung Clinic initially to get help to set it up. Great viewing for catch up TV and check email on the go. Happy with the purchase and the quality of the product.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $189.00.

Software
Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro. If you have any questions or need us to look into anything, feel free to send us a message. Our best point of contact is through our Facebook page so feel free to send us a PM. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Disappointing :(

Love it at first. Then it overheated in an air con car :( .... that was ok cooled it down... phone only bought 3 1/2 months ago through Telstra... now there's something wrong with the home key and the bloody stupid Google assistant keeps taking over any app in use and freezes me doing anything... turned the assistant off and it keeps telling me to turn it on. Try the home key and it won't work...have never dropped it and it has protectors on it... yet the screen has now got a slight crack.... most disappointing phone yet... I only buy budget phones and I have never been so let down before...

Purchased in December 2018 for $160.00.

Software
That doesn't sound right, Allison. I'm very sorry to hear this has happened. This seems like something our techs can help you out with at one of our service centres. Find a Samsung Support Centre: >https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ Book an appointment here: >http://spr.ly/6183EMl6N LisaBe great if you had a service centre within a 100k's of me.... but you Don't...

Rubbish

If I could give this phone a zero rating I would. The phone is now 6 months old and has been at Samsung for repair for more than a week after it died completely. Not long after purchasing it I had problems with the phone and requested a credit from Samsung to put towards a better Samsung phone, this was ignored, instead I received a very lengthy email telling me how to fix my phone. The phone will overheat and cease to function and had to be revived in front of the air conditioning vent, mind you the phone overheated in an air conditioned car. The phone would randomly turn itself onto flight mode. Using it with Google maps through my car audio system the volume dropped so low it couldn't be heard, after following the instructions from the lengthy email that caused me to lose everything on the phone the volume returned to normal. Next after a couple of months the volume was so loud it would wake the dead. The best thing about this phone is the fact that at 6 months old it is now completely dead so I will probably end up with a new phone and guess what, it will never be a Samsung again. Samsung service is pathetic.

Purchased in September 2018 for $189.00.

Software
Phone call from Samsung 5 minutes after my review was published and apparently the description of the phone being dead was insufficient for the technician. This is my business phone and has now been out of action for 10 days and this being Saturday nothing will happen before Monday at the earliest despite my repair now being expedited. I expected after the phone call I would have had an answer the same day. How long do they mess around with a $189 phone. This phone only worked properly for 2 weeks, that is if you consider having to go outside to answer the phone normal, as apparently Samsung do. This is the only mobile phone I have had that could not be answered inside my house. I am now having to make do with a loan phone that is 3G, has no camera, no internet so therefore no email, and no connectivity with my car so no hands free and is so crappy it is difficult to understand what people are saying.It is now 2 weeks since my phone died and still no word from Samsung as to what is happening, this despite being told by phone that my claim had been expedited. I followed up on the phone call from Samsung with am email last Sunday asking what was happening and I received a reply on Monday afternoon telling me when they find out they will contact me again, still nothing. I have asked for a full refund from the Telstra store from which I purchased the phone.Final update. Problem resolved, I now have an Apple iphone. After having my phone for 15 days and returning it not working correctly I took the phone to the Samsung kiosk in Carindale and they wanted to send it back for repair yet again and with no loan phone. As it is a business phone that was totally unacceptable and I have now swapped to Apple and will never buy another Samsung product. Their service is virtually non existant.

Best Phone Ever

Love this phone it's a game changer just switched from Iphone and would never go back, user friendly, great camera and graphics, responsive pricing is reasonable, apps run well, it's fast and stylish

Purchased in January 2019.

Very cheap phone

I bought this phone from jbhifi two months ago. At first it seemed ok then 4 days later the phone got extremely hot even have I wouldn't use it. The battery also started reducing rapidly. I went to go return it and jbhifi wouldn't let me. Yesterday I accidentally dropped a small nail cutter on the phone just 10 cm and the top of the screen broke and cracked. It's a bad phone and it wasn't worth buying it especially from JB HiFi Bankstown

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $280.00.

Software
Hi there, we're really sorry to hear this has happened to your J2 Pro. You're always welcome to visit one of our service centres to get this fixed! >https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ Anna Samsung AustraliaWhat is there to fix? All I wanted was for jbhifi to refund my money and they wouldn't even do that

Perfectly adequate low-budget android phone

The build quality is good, the screen nice and clear, the OS is nice and snappy and responsive.

It just works. Very smooth experience.

At this price level, a very acceptable phone.

Purchased in January 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $180.00.

Not as good as it seems

Good price and same screen size as my old S5, but that's where it ends. Very fiddly to set up, not helped by the very small keyboard and microscopic indicators at the top of the screen. Procedures for adding apps, shortcuts etc very different to what I'm used to and annoying. Very frustrating trying to send text messages with tiny keys! I suppose you only get what you pay for, so I'm going to get something better!

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $189.00.

Software

A decent phone for moderate user

Bought this phone through Mobileciti just after Christmas and love it! I am a moderate phone user and it works perfect for internet browsing, email checking, etc etc basic functions. Since I don't use it for watching videos online, I cannot say how well it perform on that function. However, it is a bit annoying that I have to create a Samsung account, through which they want to personalise the phone function. To me this is very annoying since I am not addicted to my phone and only use it moderately for most common things.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Amazing phone at an amazing price

The phone is very resilient, I have dropped it multiple times and the screen doesn't even have a scratch. Sometimes the phone does bug out so I just reset it. I bought it unlocked for under $150 which I think is a realy good price. I can be slow however when you want to go from vertical to horizontal or vice versa especially when going from home screen to a game. If your looking for a cheap phone from a well known brand that actually works look no further the Samsung galaxy j2 pro is just what you need.

Date PurchasedOct 2018