Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro

Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro

MPN: SM-J250GZKAXSA

• Incentivised Review Yes (4%) · No (96%)

James T

James TMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not a bad phone for the kids or older peeps

For it's price it's a good little phone. Obviously it's no Galaxy s10 but it does the job.
It has a good size screen, clear picture and is easy to use.
The camera is 8mp so not a bad photo phone
Runs on 4G or below as expected
And finally it has 16gb memory. That's enough for my use but it can be expanded if needed with a micro sd card.
Personally I think you like this phone. I guess the it's best suited for older people and kids but thats just my opinion as I got it for my mum.

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $89.50.

Sharkus

SharkusDarling Downs, QLD

J2 Pro. Look elsewhere.

I always bought Samsung. At first this phone was great. In this last month have had continual warning about "Storage dangerously low" I have removed all app's to clear this annoying message hoping to reload them after that message has gone. I am down to 3 photos now, no outlook e mail, no wikicamps, no videos. Will not allow me to re-upload any apps at all - "not enough storage space". Never again, phone device itself takes up most of the space. This is just a phone, nothing more. Tried everything, all advice clearing files, cache. Don't buy this phone. You will have issues.

Purchased in September 2018 for $200.00.

karenfffnsw, 2323

Affordable and reliable

siouxsam

siouxsamPort Philip

storage issue

Galaxy J2, I have been using this for a while.

PROS: 1) Camera 2) good sound clarity 3) easy device maintenence 4) spam caller detection 4) Micro SD card support 4) battery backup -comes for a day

CONS: 1) Doesnt allow whatsapp storage on microSD card 2) out of 1GB RAM 800 MB is occupied by native apps 3) 11GB of 16 is occupied by operating system and other default apps.

Decent basic phone, but struggles if too many apps are open. Performance become sluggish. This is as basic phone with no much expectations

Purchased in January 2019 for $220.00.

Faypa

FaypaAU

Excellent Phone For Basics But Still Want To Browse Internet

Purchased in November 2018 at Target Australia for $188.00.

Jesse L.

Jesse L.South East Queensland, QLD

Good budget smartphone

Low specs are to be expected as this phone is under AUD250. I have one of these and they can sometimes be a bit slow but it is a good phone still. Great for a first phone as it is my first phone. Still, there could be a bigger bang for your buck, you just have to search for them.

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $230.00.

Lisa K.Samsung

Karen CAssidy

Karen CAssidySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst ever

This slow as a snail phone has managed to put me off Samsung forever. Sad slow excuse for a cheap nasty phone. I've always had a Samsung and for personal use I have a Note 3. The new J2 was to be a work phone. Far too slow and hopeless to cope. When upgrading my note 3 it will as sure as sh!t NOT be for a Samsung.

Purchased in November 2018 at Vodafone.

Melissa

MelissaCanberra

Good cheap phone

Purchased in January 2019.

Lisa215

Lisa215AU

Decent solid cheap phone

I picked this phone up as a backup while my S7 was being fixed and it is a nice solid little phone. It has SD card capabilities so storage isn't an issue, it runs all the same android apps as my S7 (a little slower but still ok) and it is a nice sturdy little phone. For the cheap price, this is a great Samsung starter phone. Battery life has started to diminish but I also use lots of battery packs which doesn't help. The camera is pretty poor quality however so don't think you'll be taking any nice photos with it.

Purchased in September 2018 at Australia Post Offices for $120.00.

Problems with phone

Have only had it for 6 months and am unable to download any apps as it keeps coming up with low on space. Havnt actually got any of my apps on it...

AdaSamsung

This phone is complete crap.

I've had my j2 pro for just under a year and already it's shutting down while I'm using it glitching all the time which is highly frustrating when doing work or research always having to restart or pull the batteryout to start back up and it also says you can add a memory card but when I did it did not work none of my files pictures or music etc would show up unless saved to the phone itself. Overall im highly dissatisfied with this phone would recommend picking another type.

Purchased in September 2018 at Thewarehouse for $250.00.

Lisa K.Samsung

KrossOva

KrossOvaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good value for money

It's a Samsung so it's good. The J2 Pro is my replacement to the S5. This phone does everything just as well as the S5 did. For me, it is g8 value, as smartphones are not cheaply repairable. The memory size is a bit light on, but for the price and quality if too good to pass up.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $178.00.

Brian

BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unhappy 6 months + 1 day and the LCD dies

Phone worked well, unsure what happened. Unhappy, almost cost of phone to repair. Treated carefully, looks like new. Liability changed from 'vendor' to 'consumer'. Reason: Impact damage to LCD, Repair Quote: $150.00 Notes: LCD replacement.

Purchased in December 2018 at Officeworks Physical store for $197.00.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, Brian. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Alex

AlexAdelaide

Good value for money. A little slow

Very good value phone. The LCD is very good for a phone this price. Apps can get a little slow though if too much is opened at once. Home button has started to feel a little worn even after a short period of ownership.

Purchased in March 2019 at Optus for $149.00.

silvergirl1

silvergirl1Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Back keys and Recents Keys don't light up on this model.

I just purchased this phone and when I set it up at home I realized there were no lights for the back keys and recents key near the menu button. So if you want these keys to light up they wont on this model. Otherwise its a good phone so far.

Purchased in May 2019 for $179.00.

Cyn

CynSouthern and Hills, SA

It does everything I need it to do

Great storage and quality but the camera needs to be way better..a good phone needs a perfect camera. If I put too much in my phone. It freezers or goes silly. An upgrade would be good.

Purchased in February 2017 at Big W Retail Stores for $250.00.

micholas

micholasmelbourne

Garbage

Phone was great to start but Internet continually dropped out and would need a restart of the phone to start working. When the internet did work, it was very slow. Had the phone for about 6 months before one morning the battery went 50% to 10% in about 3 hours and wouldn't charge. I was told the battery was faulty by the local repair shop and told to go to samsung. Nope went and bought a new phone and will never use a samsung again.

Purchased in November 2018 at Vodafone for $189.00.

Failed within a month

I bought the Samsung J2 Pro on a recommendation of my local Telstra Shop. While I was initially please with the phone - clear display, impressive battery life, good volume through the speaker and the Bluetooth car kit - it was only a few weeks before the display started to flutter and have horizontal bands moving down the screen.
I went into the Telstra Shop only to be told that there was no stock availability from Samsung Australia so I had the choice of hanging onto the phone until stock became available or to accept a loner phone with no internet access - so no emails or mobile hotspot for my Ipad and laptop while travelling.
Not happy as the phone is really Not Fit for Purpose and Samsung, by law, should be doing something more.

Purchased in March 2019.

Lyall G
Lyall G
Samsung AUSamsung

We're sorry to hear this, Lyall. Just to let you know, we have sent a PM for further information so that we can look into this.

happyrabbit

happyrabbit

Good price Smart phone

The Samsung J2 Pro is my first ever Smart phone, after much research on the Reviews, including this Product Reviews Forum. What I like: 1) price is within $200 - for my limited budget. 2) Has removable battery which means cheaper maintenance long term. 3) An established brand name. Outcome: I am not disappointed, even though I needed to visit Samsung Clinic initially to get help to set it up. Great viewing for catch up TV and check email on the go. Happy with the purchase and the quality of the product.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $189.00.

AllisonGippsland, VIC

Disappointing :(

Love it at first. Then it overheated in an air con car :( .... that was ok cooled it down... phone only bought 3 1/2 months ago through Telstra... now there's something wrong with the home key and the bloody stupid Google assistant keeps taking over any app in use and freezes me doing anything... turned the assistant off and it keeps telling me to turn it on. Try the home key and it won't work...have never dropped it and it has protectors on it... yet the screen has now got a slight crack.... most disappointing phone yet... I only buy budget phones and I have never been so let down before...

Purchased in December 2018 for $160.00.

Allison

Be great if you had a service centre within a 100k's of me.... but you Don't...

Dawn Craig

Dawn Craigasked

In the last two weeks I have suddenly not been able to access internet when away from home. How can I fix this?

karenfff

how are you accessing the internet away from home? are you using free wifi or your mobile data? if it's mobile data you need to contact your provider. if it's free wifi I have found that it doesn't matter what phone you have. some free wifi can't be connected either because it's congested or there is an issue with the way they authenticate or some other issue. at times my sister can access the free wifi in the Westfield shopping centre and I can't.

AdaSamsung

Hi Dawn, if you are experiencing troubles with using your mobile data, we recommend for you to reach out to your service provider for further assistance with this.

Marie C.asked

How can l down load apps ? For instance lm going on a cruise and l want the princess medallion app

karenfff

Below is the closes link I can find. you need to create a google account. Google annoyingly won't let you use playstore without a google account. Make sure when it asks you for payment or creditcard that you select something like "voucher" I forgot what I did but i need to do it for one of my devices recently for a family member.
If you are reading this from your phone. clicking the link below may help to open the playstore with the app. Search for "medallion cruise".
_https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carnival.gxi.ocean.compass.OceanCompass&hl=en

AdaSamsung

You can download apps from the Google Play Store via the steps in the link below, Marie.

Marie C.

Thank you for your help and information, cheers Marie

Andrew M.

Andrew M.asked

My phone calling and messages are not working

AdaSamsung

Hi Andrew, we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your J2 Pro. I recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Download manual