Samsung Galaxy S10

Samsung Galaxy S10

128GB and 512GB

Samsung S 10 upgrade amazing phone.

I recently upgraded from my S7 to a Samsung S10. I am very pleased with my purchase. The S10 is very easy to use. Very camera takes nice quality photos, still playing with the settings.
Had no trouble transferring from S7 to S10.

Purchased in August 2019 at Telstra.

S10 like the S9 is beyond belief [Worth every treat]

I bought my wife the Samsung S10 for my wife who had no idea at the time of the purchase.

Initially I was going to buy her the S9 however JB HI-FI had a long weekend special to purchase the phone at $1000.00 which i jumped on straight away without any hesitation.

I don't use the phone only because my wife wont let me go near it [should of got it for myself lol] but the Camera quality like the S9 is by far the best when taking photos as the quality is crystal clear.

The main feature which I love about this phone is the ability to charge my S9 but any Samsung device at the same time.

The slick design of the phone, colour scheme, internal memory makes it a worth while impulse purchase which I havent looked pass back on.

When it comes to phones there is always competition on whether I phone or Samsung, but coming from a I phone who was gratefully turned over to Samsung I cannot look back and will never want to.

You will not be left disappointed with with Samsung S10 purchase.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,000.00.

Software

Fast and just the right size

The camera of S10 is incredible. I use the live focus and wide angle a lot. Even at night time the quality of photos aren't too bad. The display of S10 is way brighter than my previous phone, S8. I am using a UAG case so its safe from drops. I have everything in this phone. Emails, video chats, social media, playing games and watching movies. Apps run smoothly on this phone. The speaker is a big plus, and finger print scanner is big move and very handy than the one on the back. I still dont want to use Bixby as she's so hard to train compare to Google Assistant.

Purchased in May 2019.

better than the note 5

to start off with I thought to have 3 cameras were not going to be anything special but oh my gosh do my photos come out amazing and clear. even the front camera is amazing and with the use of an otterbox case I haven't had to worry about the durability of my phone so I suggest a case the first day of buying the phone the brightness can be controlled so at night it automatical dims and in sunlight, it goes brighter. I use my phone for everything from emails to video calls and tik tok videos. the speed of the 5g phone is amazing too when everything loads quickly and smoothly. if you have had a Samsung before you know how good they are and a lot of apple users are converting to Samsung. 10/10

Purchased in July 2019 for $69.00.

Best phone ever!!

The quality camera is great (photographer wannabe here) lol all applications run very smoothly. I got the pearl white and its beautiful. I have dropped it a few times already but no cracks in the screen or anything yet. It's the best phone I've ever owned.

Purchased in March 2019 at Optus for $1,200.00.

Alternative to the Iphone

I have used an Iphone for the last 5 years and decided to make a change. Although, it took a little time to get used to. It has been amazing and can do things the Iphone can't do.
Great job Samsung

Purchased in May 2019 for $950.00.

Great Phone!

Very happy with my samsung galaxy s10. I recently upgraded from an S7, and am very happy with the quality of the camera (both front and back) and the display - easy and comfortable to use and looks good. No issues so far.

Purchased in May 2019 at BecexTech Australia for $968.75.

Great

Phone is good, needs work on how things layout on apps like fb. Otherwise camera is great, bar the zoom that always seems to be on no matter what. Great quality though

Purchased in May 2019 at Vodafone.

Love it

Can't give enough praise for the camera. I love the camera/photo assist and quality of photos my kids love playing with the virtual emoji on the camera. Screen is really sleek and smooth. More them enough phone storage and apps seem to run smoothly so far. No complaints overall.

Purchased in July 2019 at Optus.

Software

Phone is good but camera quality is worst

purchased this phone because of camera. Advertising is over promote this phone for camera quality but my experience is very bad with camera quality. Lots of noise in image and pathetic image and video quality...

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,050.00.

Software
SES RESPONSE I’m really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far and that we didn't meet your expectations. If you think there’s a fault with your device, we recommend heading into a Samsung Studio so our tech team can check this out. Please see the link below to locate and make a booking at your local studio. https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ If you wish to discuss this further, our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Beautiful phone, smooth and seamless operation, perfect slimline design with a screen that makes gaming easy on the eyes

Love the feel, however it is slippery, and I dropped it in the first week, cracking the glass on the back! Unfortunately before I discovered it came with a plastic cover in the box. Definitely a must to protect from accidents. Heartbroken :(
Its operation is quicker than any phone I’ve owned previously and the screen is so perfect that it looks like you can walk through it!
And did I mention the camera? It has stunning depth of field and light adjustment, which allows you to take portraits against a light source with perfect clarity. The first phone I have instantly bonded with, and here’s hoping we’ll have a great future together!

Well Meh. Nothing too ground breaking.

The phone is good but nothing ground breaking imo. Maybe for me, cz I bought it fr it's camera, but it's just ok, I'd prefer IphoneX (just for pics) . In general I m an android fan, and had high hopes from it. Maybe it's a great phone in other means but I wasn't very impressed by the camera.

Purchased in March 2019.

Software
Hi there, thanks for sharing your opinion about the Galaxy S10! You can follow the link below to find some tips & tricks to make sure you capture the best snaps on your device! >https://www.samsung.com/au/getstarted/all/ Lisa Samsung AU

Frustrating and Difficult to Use

The title for my initial review for this product was "Total Dog". I did withdraw that review and will now present an edited version.

This phone is a brilliant piece of technology but it is difficult and frustrating to use. It also seems to have endless features available that I will never use or want to use.

It's basic purpose as a phone is just satisfactory, it is necessary to depress the ringtone adjust button to answer an incoming call, this in my opinion is less that satisfactory.
Making a phone call is straightforward but if the called party requests prompts (press # or 1 etc) this is difficult because the keypad simply disappears! Also, for some reason it is too easy to hit the mute button which is extremely annoying for the called party.

Text messaging is extremely difficult; 1; The keyboard is far too small. 2, Instructions for finding the called party can be ambiguous and the whole process seems to depend on the correct sequence of taps and swipes. hey, taps and swipes,this is the 21st century! 3, Predictive texts while brilliant often give strange results, words I have never heard of. 4, The edit function is too vague, again relies on taps and swipes that are frustrating and unpredictable. 5, If you are not extremely careful you can make an unwanted phone call instead of a text. (You need to get those swipes and taps just right!)

Email; This is a total failure, it simply does not receive most of my e-mails and attachments will not download. Send emails will just not send, or may send after several attempts or placing them into drafts and then followed by several more attempts.

Facebook. This is probably the best feature of this device. Images are clear and easy to view. It is also very easy to send pictures taken on this device.

Camera. This is capable of taking brilliant pictures, BUT, it needs to be set up correctly, again it is too easy to get unwanted focusing or zoom results because the whole control and operating system is too vague and fluid.

Maps. Quite brilliant up to a point, but all of a sudden the screen disappears or the map is replaced by an advert for some totally unwanted product or service. This is extremely frustrating. Don't depend on Google maps on a smart phone for serious direction finding, get a real map.

Battery Life; Not good, my observation is that it is generally less than 8 hours, unsatisfactory for a day out where you may want to take pictures etc.

Instruction Book. Surely a device as complex as this should be issued with a hard copy instruction manual. This would stop a lot of frustration on the part of users and even prevent reviews such as this being written.

Purchased in May 2019 at Telstra Hurstville for $1,200.00.

Software
Thanks for reaching out to us, we’re really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far. To select a ringtone, open settings > Sound and vibrations > Ringtone If you're having issues with the touchscreen of your device, we would suggest heading into a Samsung Studio so our techs can look into this. Please see the link below to locate and make a booking at your local Studio. https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ We’d be more than happy to investigate further into this – Our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AUI few days later on I received some further help from a friend who is a very experienced IT professional, even he was having problems making sense of this device, but to keep long story short I now can connect with Facebook and e-mail. I still have much to learn. I think one of the main problems with these devices is that they are provided to customers who just don't have the technical skills to use them. I also find that I get eye strain using my device because it just too small and it does not help that on-screen keypads just disappear when you need them. AND it would be of enormous help if these devices could be supplied with an instruction manual. It is not always convenient to go on-line. When I acquired this device (on a lease plan) I requested a device that was easy to use and would perform some basic requirements for me while on a proposed holiday, these are allow me to access email, stay in touch on Facebook, have the Google map facility as well as the basic function of a quality mobile telephone. Yes, all of these seen to work, and possibly quite well, BUT it is just too tricky to use. New and unwanted screens appear all the time or the wanted screen simply disappears. I am not happy, I almost hate the thing. I have one new concern, the charger connection seems very flimsy. (Please note I have had 3 mobile phones prior to this) As for the camera, it appears to give satisfactory results but it will certainly not take the place of my Leica.

Love it

Upgrading from my S8, the S10 is so wonderful. Very polished, fast and takes some great photos in all kinds of lighting. Tad expensive but worth every penny. Very happy!

Purchased in April 2019.

Great phone

Super fast, great camera, great support, awesome looking screen as long as you don't mind the hole punch design. Ordered from the Samsung Education store, was shipped really fast, arrived within 2 days.

Purchased in February 2019 at Samsung Online store for $1,000.00.

It's fantastic

Its a great phone specially when i upgraded fro S7 edge. The Cameras are beautiful, specially the three positioning. I am very happy with my purchase. Battery runs a bit quickly as my display is always on.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,399.00.

Perfect. Can't live without it

The product is good but 128 gig s seems to be a little less for my usage. The camera is good but brightness could be better. Use the phone for generic gaming and watching movies. No issues with performance

Purchased in March 2019 at Samsung Online store for $675.00.

Software
This is what we love to hear! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy S10 and thank you for leaving your positive feedback. If you have any questions, you can reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Good upgrade from an S8+

I was running an S8+ and decided to upgrade to the S10 and to my delight the size of the screen is equal on both phones. Also to my liking is that the fingerprint sensor has been moved onto the screen so its way more easier in scanning your finger.

The pictures are great - im not expert photographer so I find them to be vivid and clear and lighting works out great, it has 3 cameras on the back which i think it is an improvement to the previous versions. The screen size is fantastic as i was familiar with the s8+ and the resolution is great alongside with the color and brightness and im also glad they lessen the curve to previous models for the edge.

I do everything on my phone and play many games and its great with the ram they provide and the cpu performance is great - its fast and precise and dont find anything that really lags on it. Call quality is improved and due to the OS i find there are some nifty treats in the operation of it - Some of the features it has i wont ever use - like the recharging of other devices as really I prefer to keep my battery but i do see it would be useful with some people.

I do recommend this phone and the only draw back to it is the price - I think this really falls down to us all cause we go out and buy it at the price they charge and if we hesitate on things then maybe that would bring the prices down - i do feel the price for this phone should have been 300 less as 1300+ for it is a bit pricey. Also it should have incorporated 5g into the phone

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,350.00.

Upgraded from s8 to s10 - its ok

I only really use my phone for much other than social media, work, and occasional photography.
I didn't feel like I needed to upgrade my phone however I broke the s8 one morning so I picked up the new s10 on the release date.
It doesn't feel that different to me - maybe because I use a launcher rather than the default.
The camera options are great - the camera clicks on when you launch an application that turns the camera on - I thought mine was broken until I read other reviews.
I hate the fingerprint sensor.
The idea is great - but it never unlocks on the first go. I gave up and started using swipe to unlock.

Purchased in March 2019.

Software
Hi Ling, we're glad to hear you're enjoying your S10 for the most part. In relation to the issue with the fingerprint sensor, there are some troubleshooting steps I would be happy to take you through. You can reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Lisa Samsung AU

Kills it in every category

A beautiful piece of hardware supported by Samsung's (now days) very useful version of Android. The camera is fast and takes great pics. The only downsides are that it's fragile looking and i'm always accidentally touching the top of the edged to edge screen. A case fixes this.

Purchased in March 2019 at Telstra for $1,349.00.

Software
Hey there, Thanks for the review. We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your S10! It’s exactly what we like to hear!If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us We can also be contacted via our Facebook page, simply drop us a PM with your review copy and pasted. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Stuck between s10 and s10+. I’m happy to get s10 as I don’t like bigger phones but battery concerns me, as all the reviews I have seen reported it. Kindly advice.
Hi Kamal, the main differences between the S10+ and S10 include battery size, camera specs as well as internal storage options. We have provided a link below to assist you with a side-by-side comparison of the two models. > https://www.samsung.com/au/smartphones/galaxy-s10/compare/ Jo Samsung AU

I upgraded from my trusty s6+ to the s10. It has been a whole heap of trouble for two main reasons 1, The proximity sensor is faulty, so my ear keeps putting my calls on hold, (grrr), and 2. The voice conversion software is really ridiculously hopeless. This feature is used multiple times daily by me making notes, constructing texts on the go. I returned to Telstra for assistance, they did factory reset, seemed to fix the proximity sensor, (but not the voice conversion) however wo mins later, proximity sensor faulty again. Returned to store (120 km round trip) and was given replacement phone......same issues repeated. Not happy. What to do? I have reverted to my trusty s6+ for the present and confidence is very low. Telstra have offered me a free choice in an alternative phone brand..... we have two S9+ phones in the family so I would like one of these, but Telstra say none are available anywhere. Looking at Google phones but many unhappy owner's reviews so just a bit glum about the whole experience. Ideas?
the pixel just going by reports gives you a slightly better picture - return the phone to swap it with another s10 with any product you buy some trivial errors happen on some - error margain is i think about 5% as its impossible to test every single product - this means you could get a pixel and errors happen or a sony and errors happen and even iphone the errors or faults you describe sound like manufacturing fault so you should be able to swap the phone immediately without chargeYou have a comment on the pathetic voice to note/text conversion performance?

Samsung Galaxy S10 128GBSamsung Galaxy S10 512GB
CategoryMobile PhonesMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $1,349$1,699
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging Port USB-CUSB-C
Operating SystemAndroidAndroid
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Display
Pixel Density550 ppi550 ppi
Screen Size 6.1"6.1"
Screen Resolution1440 x 3040 pixels1440 x 3040 pixels
Display Technology
Camera
Max Video Resolution 2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Front Camera(s)10MP Wide10MP Wide
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide, 12MP Telephoto, 16MP Ultrawide12MP Wide, 12MP Telephoto, 16MP Ultrawide
Hardware
ProcessorOcto-core 2x2.73 GHz, 2x2.31 GHz, 4x1.95 GHzOcto-core 2x2.73 GHz, 2x2.31 GHz, 4x1.95 GHz
Internal Storage128 GB512 GB
Battery Size3,400 mAh3,400 mAh
Memory (RAM)8 GB8 GB
Build
Colour / Finish Prism Black, Prism White, Prism GreenPrism Black, Prism White, Prism Green
Dimensions 149.9 x 70.4 x 7.8 mm149.9 x 70.4 x 7.8 mm