Samsung Galaxy S10

Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019)

128GB, 512GB

3.9

• Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
  • Software
Kat

Kat

good phone but poor updates

the phone is pretty good, it has mp3 slot unlike many other phones, very good phone in general. The only problem is that after Samsung update I started to experience issues with the phone. So, it would be a perfect phone if Samsung company wouldn't ruined it with new updates that brakes the phone.

Mel

MelPERTH

Plain and unremarkable

Bought from JB Hifi last week for $999 on special. It is pretty much exactly the same as my S8. I expected the camera to be better but it's still average, just like its predecessors. The only good thing is the storage on this one, as my S8 only had 64gb plus an external storage card. I should've gone the iPhone 11.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$999.00.

hangry dinosaurs

hangry dinosaurs

Good photos

Got it as of plan with Optus.
Good quality camera, very beautiful and clear, shutters effect, slow-mo video. Can almost compete with Huawei camera
Good decent battery life
Sleek
Fast

Happy with purchase

Purchased in September 2019.

Razor96

Razor96Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good phone. Not great.

It was a good flagship phone. But the camera is not up to the expectations. Low light selfies and front camera is not worth for the price. As pros, Spectacular display and smooth running. Hoped for a better camera.

Purchased in May 2019 at Samsung Online store for A$876.00.

Laos Zehra

Laos ZehraPilbara, WA

Cheated by samsung

Adam

AdamWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

samsung S10 128g

very impressed with this samsung phone, purchased it on a plan from telstra online for my mother..
Since turning it on she can't stop playing with it...extremely long battery ....the camera is just amazing pictures are crisp and very clear.
Its sleek construction is just a beauty to hold.
Being an Android phone operating system you can download and install all your favourite apps well done samsung

Purchased in May 2020 at Telstra.

KathSamsung

Great to hear you are enjoying your Samsung S10, Adam. We really appreciate the time spent to share your feedback on this product with us and I will be sure to forward this on to the team.

Zoe C

Zoe CPerth, WA

Loved it

I loved this phone, beautiful sleek design, curved edges, runs smoothly and fast. However, the glass that covers the camera cracked one day and I have 0 idea how, it wasn't dropped or anything of the likes, I just pulled it out of my bag and it had shattered, upon further research apparently this is a common issue. Aside from this, great phone and I would recommend it.

Purchased in September 2019 at optus for A$1,300.00.

kingshopper

kingshopperNSW, 2071

Excellent Phone

Purchased in September 2019 at Optus for A$1,704.00.

KathSamsung

Fantastic to hear you are currently enjoying your Samsung S10! We really appreciate the time spent to share your feedback on this product with us and I will be sure to pass this on to the team :)

Adam

AdamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good flagship phone

Have had no major issues, camera and other functionality is very impressive. First time switching from the google phones (previous was Pixel 3) and it performs as well as those.

ShaxpierSydney, NSW

Bought For Work And Play

Purchased in November 2019 at Optus for A$1,200.00.

KathSamsung

We really appreciate your feedback on this and I will be sure to share this with the team. If you have any issues or questions, you are more than welcome to send us a private message on Product Review or via the link above :)

alamctoukley

Has a few glitches,

had to reset phone to factory settings after Google maps navigation kept crashing at the worst possible moment, now i discover it also crashes and powers off when i tether it to a pc running Ubuntu, hmm what next?

Purchased in March 2020 at optus for A$720.00.

alamc

Updated reset updated again the s10 instantly dies when tethered to a pc running Ubuntu

luke

lukeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Absolute Garbage phone

Purchased in August 2019 at Samsung for A$1,600.00.

juan camilo v.

juan camilo v.Sydney, NSW

I love my phone!

I've always have had Samsung phones and they are simply phenomenal. You can easily get the most powerful and complete phone in the market for way less price than an Iphone

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,080.00.

Abbie

Abbieliverpool

Its pretty good. No major issues yet.

The phone was purchased from optus in May of 2019, it's still running quite strong. Sometimes it gets hot though, and can glitch and or run slow but that's very occasional

Purchased in May 2019 at Optus for A$2,000.00.

LibbyCanberra 2600, ACT

Absolutely appalling!

Bought a brand new one in January 2020. Since then any phone call I make they could hear me but I could not hear them and then the phone would just end. It was sent away twice and it both times came back with the sane issue. 4 months later (with many phone calls and visits to telstra) they gave me a new S10 with exactly the same issue. I am furious!

I now have an apple

Rafael Levy E.

Rafael Levy E.Sydney, NSW

Best android phone

Best android phone there is. I can't imagine going back to flat phones. I love the curved edges and the edge side bar that you can use to access favorite apps easily.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for A$1,200.00.

mandyj

mandyjPerth, WA

This phone is nothing but a headache

I have had this phone since August last year, cant charge it , tried different chargers I have purchased myself, right now with covid19 and having to be in lockdown, the last thing I need is this phone stuffing up yet again.
Will never get a Samsung again

Purchased in August 2019 at Vodafone.

Pablo Z.

Pablo Z.Sydney, NSW

A powerful phone

Purchased in October 2019 at eBay for A$1,099.00.

brooke

brookeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I've converted

Usually an apple iPhone person however my husband has always wanted to make the switch to Samsung, I was hesitant at first but am so glad I did. The phone is a great design and much easier to use than I expected. No complaints.

Carty

CartyQueensland

Say good bye to iPhones

Sleek, fast, elegant and easy to use. Compared an iPhone 11 at a Queen concert. The camera is great superior to iPhone in zoom and low light. Battery lasts all day and then some. The stereo sound is great coming from the top and bottom. The oled screen colours and detail superb. It's light and only 7mm longer than an iPhone 6 yet much more screen. The ringtone volume is excellent the iPhone X was hardly heard from a pocket not so with the S10. Use older galaxy phones for work this is next level.
Telstra only sell single sim models buy at JB HiFi get a better price and still be on the next work of your choice.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$1,399.00.

Tamiasked

Hi Samsung,

I was a Samsung customer since the release of the Galaxy SII and have upgraded every year since then. I even have my parents using my old phones each time I upgrade because I've had such a great time with Samsung.

That's all changed since your software upgrade that took away the icon notification numbers if the notification was swiped from the banner; a feature that seems like it has minimal impact but as someone with OCD, it's impossible for me to view notifications in the banner and keep them there until I'm ready to action them. It is also incredibly inconvenient to miss text messages and calls because you decided the icon numbers were too hard to incorporate into the new updates.

I had decided to switch to iPhone since Samsung no longer meet my needs and will be replacing every single Samsung product in my house (TV, phones, etc.).

I'm very disappointed.

AdaSamsung

Your feedback has not gone unnoticed and will be passed on, Tami. App icon badges are displayed on apps that have notifications clearing the notifications will remove the badges.

If you are not receiving app notifications on your Messages and Phone app, please check that these settings are enabled:

1. Open Messages app > Tap 3 dots on the top right > Settings > Notifications > turn on 'App icon badges'

2. Settings > Notification > see all (apps) > all > toggle on notifications for relevant apps

Hi Ada.

The problem is the badges being removed when a notification is swiped away from the notification bar.

It was an unnecessary "upgrade" and the reason I will no longer use Samsung products.

EBGasked

Galaxy S10 (2019)

why do my settings keep changing at random.
Why don't you Answer my questions above.

AdaSamsung

If you are experiencing any troubles with your S10, we recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

You can make a booking via the link below:

EBG

it has been back to Samsung 4 times already. why should I waste any more time on this piece of crap!!!!

EBGasked

Galaxy S10 (2019)

still waiting for an answer as to my settings keep changing at random. how can I lock my settings ???????????????

AdaSamsung

Hi, if you are experiencing troubles with your S10, we recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Customer Care team on 1300 362 603 for further assistance.

please read below.
This mobile was never set up correctly, the screen keeps going blank even while dialling, the brightness seems to be permanently set on energy saving mode, the Samsung shop has never heard of enhanced volume, the phone keeps signalling that there is a message but there is no message, There was a fault that the other party could not hear the caller so the first party would have to redial.
There are just too many faults that cost the owner time and money in lost time. I never had any problems with a former Galaxy s4. The customer service is 1/10. Why is it not possible to speak to someone in Australia. The user manual is not helpful.
This phone has been back to Samsung 3 time and back to Telstra 3 times. How much more time do I have to waste?
Kath from Samsung
Sorry to hear of the connectivity issues you are experiencing with your Samsung S10. I understand that you have visited our store three times previously and I would like to look further into this interaction. Would you be able to forward your enquiry over to us via the link below as it is our main point of contact?
EBG I don't have Facebook.
ADA from Samsung
If you are unable to reach the Social Team via our social channels, you can also reach out to our Customer Care team on 1300 362 603 for further assistance.
EBG
Just back from the Samsung phone shop (for the 4th time), getting my settings reset (again) to what I want. Why do my settings keep changing at random?
The 1300 number is in the Philippines. Why can’t I speak to someone in Australia? I spent 1 1/2 hours talking to the Philippines 2 weeks ago and got nowhere. They are far more concerned with verifying one’s identity than actually problem solving.
Kath from Samsung
Multiple factors could be the cause, EBG. This may include but not be limited to third party applications downloaded on your Samsung S10. If you would like further support, I would recommend contacting the number provided or alternatively, you can visit your nearest Samsung service centre to get a member of our team to help look into this for you! You can find your nearest authorised service centre via the link below:
EBG
just wasted 35 minutes talking to someone in the Philippines and achieved nothing. The suggested I take my phone to the nearest service centre at Olympic park Sydney .great I live in Adelaide.!

ADA from Samsung
Your feedback has not gone unnoticed and will be passed on.
You can however, find your nearest service centre via the link below:
If you don't have time to visit, or can't get to one of our Service Locations - you also have the option to drop it off at your local Australia Post office. For more information, please see below:
Problems of random setting changes.1. This phone permanently set on energy saving mode. The screen brightness keeps going dim while I am trying to take pictures for work out doors .
2. The volume keeps doing down. I am partially deaf and have to keep setting the volume back to max. Samsung customer service centre has never heard of enhanced Volume.!
3. I wanted the battery charged to show on screen but the manual does not show how to set this up.
4. The screen keeps going blank after 10 seconds even while I am still dialling.
5. The picture settings keep changing at random ie the photo size and shape.
6. Today the photo mode keeps reversing to Selfi mode instead of picture mode
7. The screen rotation would not work for more than 1 week.
8. There has been a persistent problem where after 5 minutes the call partially drops out I can hear the other party but they can]t hear me. No one at Samsung has ever addressed this problem. This means I have to make more calls than necessary.
9. I want all my pictures stored in one place. I don’t want them stored under separate headings or in separate files.

10. Why does Gallery open in edit mode?

11. There is something wrong with the screen sensitivity in theat one has to swipe the screen up to 10 times just to answer a call.

12. And many more problems with random setting changes. This phone cannot do even the most functions ie take a picture then send by either email or SMS. With this This phone there is no guarantee that I can complete a call without the call dropping out.
13. This phone is now costing me time and money both in lost calls and visiting your Samsung agents . I am a civil engineer and I charge $A75 per hour. So far you have wasted more than 10 hours of my time. so what are you goinh to do about it ???????

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives