Samsung WF16J9000KW

Samsung WF16J9000KW

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.8

Allie181Melbourne

Great washing machine except rubber goes MOULDY and Samsung refuses to fix

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
    Samsung AUSamsung

we had a good start, but completely worn out after 5 years,

we had a good start, but completely worn out after 5 years,
    the shock absorbers are week and the control panel crazy. I have taken her to the dump.
    I think they have forgotten the good old qualitative way of machine building.
    fortunately, I still have mine LG 25 year old washer he is ugly but still working hard .

Date PurchasedDec 2013
    carinnef

carinnefpenrith

OMG!!!!! Love it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung WF16J9000KW compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Gary M

Gary MRaglan

Perfect wash every time.

We have a big family and this machine handles the big loads well.
    Cleans the clothes well every time. Runs quietly and has a cycle program for everything.
    Very easy to use. Uses less water than our old top washer, this is definitely the best washing machine we have ever owed.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
    Derick

DerickAdelaide

Nice and user friendly

This machine is ready to use and requires less cleaning. You don't have to clean the filter as offer as it is needed for the top loader. However the down side is the detergent tray. They tend to get mouldy after some time. It also lets you know if it needs a drum clean. The quick wash setting is a bit too fast. Just 15 mins. I wish it would be a bit longer.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Dee DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Is it possible to be in love with a washing machine?

We run an accommodation business and this machine has just cut my washing time in half. So far, I love everything about it. I just keep piling the washing in and still there's more room. My towels and bedding have never looked cleaner and whiter. The settings are practical and easy to use with so many options. I understand some reviewers find the little song at the end annoying, but for me, it says "I have just done another great wash" and not only that, it then turns itself off!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
    nettie

nettieHobart, TAS

Do not buy !

Not worth the money. Great to have a 16kg but just do not think the technology is up to standard for these bigger machines just yet.. Purchased 12 months ago.. leaking water all over the floor for last 3 months/clothes smelling. Technician report - 2 major problems with internal leaks. Major repair. I requested new machine. Samsung were great and offered 4 options including full money replacement, new machine, store voucher or repair. I opted for store voucher so I would not loose my ext. warantee with Harvey Norman. Today my new Samsung arrives.. time will tell!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Poor customer service

Great machine and washers all our household items. Machine was purchased from a major retailer on a cash back bonus had to wait months to receive the $400.00 and required the assistance of Consumer Affairs. I would suggest that if I his is the way Samsung treat consumers that if you had an issue with warranty it would be very hard going with this company. Very poor follow up all functions seem to be out sourced and no one seems to care (give a damm is broken) unable to contact anyone at Samsung Australia head office only a Victorian sales rep who couldn't or wouldn't help.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
    Paul Saviti

Paul SavitiMelbourne

reliable and easy to store

Got this as a gift when I first moved into my new place. It's quiet but the thing I noticed the most was it's lightweight. It was easy to move in and out of my apartment but still looked like it had a sturdy feel to it. I recommend it if you are space conscious.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Tony MFrankston

I would give it 4.8 stars but I can't so I rounded up to 5

Kapitoshka

KapitoshkaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints thus far

Colinasked

Can the melody that plays at the end of the cycle be turned off by pressing and holding the "Bubble" button for 3 seconds (or maybe another button or 2 buttons)? Pressing and holding the "Bubble Soak" button is what apparently works for current "WF16N8750KV", according to the manual. Why they hide some of these functions I don't understand - even worse if they don't give you the option to turn off the sound.

AdaSamsung

Hi Colin, just to let you know, the notification sound of this particular washing machine model is unable to be turned off unless the unit itself is off.

Jo
    Samsung AU

Colin

Thank you Jo for your answer. How hard is it to disconnect or disable the speaker? Any idea of the cost if a technician did it? I'd like to buy the machine because it's cheaper than the other 16kg machines, but you can turn off the sound on the others. Regards, Colin.

AdaSamsung

We are unable to provide possible costs or steps to do so as we don't recommend for this to be done, Colin.

Hope you understand.

Jo
    Samsung AU

jmmecraig

jmmecraigasked

How long is the quick wash and how much weight will it take at this load?

Long Suffering

Quick load takes about 20-25 mins but the machine will weigh the size of the load and work out wash time.

Most weight we have had in the machine would be 10-12kgs and had no issues.

krystle

krystleasked

dose this machine heat its own water and would i fit a king size quilt in it and wash it well? dose this machine come in any other colour?

Tony M

I would assume it does heat it's own water as there is a 90C temperature setting and you cannot get water that hot out of the tap. I only have king sized beds in my house so yes it washes King Size Quilts very well. No other color I am aware of.

One update. I have noticed a drop off in cleanliness in my gym clothes since switching to a front loading detergent. I used to use Kirkland brand powder 1 scoop, 1 scoop of napisan and downy fabric softener (all purchased from Costco) and everything came out perfectly clean and smelling fresh. Since switching, I have noticed the gym sweat smell has started to come back into my clothes and I have switched back to the Kirkland and everything is back to normal.

Sorry
    For the delay in sending my reply this machine will not heat it's own water

Colin

From the machine's user manual, top of page 31, for the "Sanitize" cycle: "this program heats the supplied water up to 95 °C to eliminate bacteria." - so the machine apparently heats (or can heat if required) the water on at least this cycle (hot water systems usually have a maximum of 60 - 70°C) - don't know whether it can heat on any other cycles.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryFront Loading Washing Machines