Sanli SLBV260

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good value, Good Quality

Purchased from Masters at bargain price. Blower works really well. Vac works good not brilliant. Takes a few minutes to swap from one to another. Awkward to empty vac bag while connected to motor unit. Motor runs hotter on vac setup due to restricted air flow. For 2 stroke mix I am using premium unleaded 95 and a high quality motorcycle 2 stroke oil (for premix) @ 33:1 ratio for extra peace of mind, as when in use its at full throttle most of the time. Runs clean on this fuel mix, very little smoke, if any. Modern 2 stoke engines/oils are more than likely less damaging to the environment over a life time than 4 stroke counterparts. The noise label is a farce though, it's only ever close to 70 db at idle, probably under it. Noise level would be closer to 90db+ in use.
Price, performance.
Air filter comes dry, needs oiling prior to use. Swapping from blow to vac is in the changing of tubes.

I bought this to suck up leaves from my gutters a job that it does very well many times. I have never used it as a blower so I cannot comment on how it handles that task
It was great value for money. It starts first time. Good build quality and for a two stroke it does not stroke very much
Nothing major here. I would like it to have a little bit more suction power but that would require a bigger engine which would make it heavier. So I guess it is a bit of a balance.

It has been almost two years on from my review of the sanli blwervac during which the manifold cracked and was relpaced under warranty and the sticing on the collection bag needed some repair. Of late it has become very difficult to start. You get what you pay for, I guess.

Good

For what I purchased it for it works fine. I don't know how it would perform in a commercial situation but then there are plenty of other higher priced machines for that application. My total running time would be no more than a half hour per week in total. This replaces several hours of sweeping if I could be bothered. In summary it is fast and efficient as a leaf blower and does what I expected it to do.
I hadn't used a leaf blower before so I didn't want to spend too much in case they wern't effective. The Sanli was relatively inexpensive and appeared to be well made. The plastic casing was finished well finished with no sharp edges. The unit was supplied with a few basic tools, shoulder strap, bag and additional ducting to convert it into a vacume. I followed the instructions and it started and ran as expected.
The blower attachment is hard to remove as it requires a twisting action and it is hard to get a grip. The Vacume apparatus is cumbersome, I tried it once and have not used it since. The 25 to 1 mix is diffferent to my lawnmower which uses 40 to 1. Being a 2 stroke it has oil residue around the engine which attracts dust and looks messy.