Scanpan 6 / 8.5L

Scanpan 6 / 8.5L

6, 8.5L

See the Best Pressure Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Pressurising Speed
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Rarely (1)
  • Safety

DottiDi

DottiDiPerth, WA

Faulty Scanpan pressure cooker

I also have a seal scanpan pressure cooker and have not used it more than 4 times, it always leaks out where the bulge is on the lid, does not seal properly and hence does not get to pressure, any suggestions on how to fix this problem

Purchased in October 2010 at store now closed for $200.00.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Rarely

Russell Begg

Russell Begg

Could not be happier

Upgraded to a scanpan and it works so much better than my old encore pressure cooker ever did.
Sorry I did not upgrade years ago. Hope I will still be able to buy gaskets even though this model has been discontinued. I did not know at the time of purchase this model was being discontinued.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
ObewanAU

ObewanAU

Having sealing issues

I purchased this pressure cooker when I arrived in Australia and have had nothing but problems with it. I would have returned it but living in country WA the hassle of sending it back to the shop was just to much. I have tried to get the seal to work but have now given up. Will contact Scanpan to complain about the emergency gap in the lid. This is where the seal bulges out and the pressure never gets high enough. Waste of money. Hopefully others will do there research before spending money on Scanpan. All my other Scanpan products are great.

The seal does not hold and pressure is never reached. Not really a pressure cooker.

SO Frustrating

I Have used it a few times it worked great 2 days ago .
today it fired out the emergency valve after serching in the kitchen for some time i have found the part but not sure what to do with it !!!
Meanwhile dinner is very slowly happening
Its nothing but trouble .Have had replacement parts fixed it for a bit
it feels sturdy
it does not work most times

leah

upon calling scanpan the whole uint was replaced with a new one , I was very happy with there after care service & the new unit is fantastic

buick1946Perth, WA

Design Fault Dud, cant work

As other reviewers have said the seal bulges from a missing bit of the rim of the lid that is referred to as a "Safety Window" in the manual. I suspect that this is because the rest of the product is of such low quality that the company does not trust this "pot" (its not a pressure cooker) to hold pressure safely. Only gets one star because the site does not allow less.
Looks nice
Not a pressure cooker as doesn't hold pressure.

GrandSimon
GrandSimon

BCat2AU

Good but sealing rings don't last long

I love cooking with a pressure cooker - they rule. I got this one as a gift and for a while I was on cloud nine. It was all fun and games until it failed to seal/cook on the day I had guests over. I have been through two sealing rings despite cleaning and drying them as per the instructions. The second one only lasted for about five uses! If you are going to get one of these cookers I suggest always having a spare sealing ring on hand. The seals cost about $20, so it ends up a bit exxy. I ended up buying another brand which works better so far but unfortunately it isn't as big/versatile as my 8.5L Scanpan.
Good size
Only comes with high pressure regulator (low pressure one needs to be bought separately), bad seals

Cooking again
Cooking again
BCat2

It's been a while since I've looked at product review ... thanks for the advice, I'll have to dig it out and have a look. I now have 4 pressure cookers, one of which is the scanpan gathering dust in the garage.

Never worked from new

Faulty seals, works great as a pot but I might as well throw the lid away. I would never buy one again and should have read these reviews before buying a pressure cooker. My mum always used a pressure cooker and I brought this to show my wife how well they worked. Well we will never be able to use one again.
Nothing at all. At best it is a good pot to boil dog food in
It is meant to be a pressure cooker not a pot. A very expesive pot at that

Shonky workmanship

Do your research before buying a Scanpan cooker. As other users have said, it doesn't seal properly. Valves not working and moreover, the handles also fell apart! Shonky workmanship... Buy a Fagor or a Sitram or even an Aldi number and they would work better than this! Now we use the pot as an extra stock pot.

Doesn't seal properly, valve issues and handles fell apart after first few times.

D_nire

D_nireWA, 6105

Excellent Cooker - I love it

I love this pressure cooker and have had no problems at all. Some other reviews say that there are problems with pressure leaking but I have not had any issues at all. I love, love, love it! The manual could be a bit better as I cannot for the life of me work out how to get the steamer basket inserted correctly :) and a few more recipes in the manual would be good as they are hard to find online. But these issues are not with the cooker itself. My husband and I use it for some many things, I just wish I could get the steamer basket to sit correctly as I have just started using it as a steamer.
Everything, its fast at cooking and works perfectly. And we didn't need a second mortgage to purchase it

buick1946

Manufacturer or distributor comment? sounds like BS to me

buick1946

Note that the only other "Excellent" review (Roses66) has commented on her own review to say she would re-rate the product as terrible now that she has had more experience with the product. Unfortunately this site does not allow re-rates.

KetZer

KetZerPerth

Don't scrimp on one of these if you want a pressure cooker.

jamwin

jamwin

Seal doesn't work

This worked the first few times, but after a couple of months it doesn't seal properly, so steam comes out the side through the 'emergency gap'. The only online shop that seems to carry stock charges well over the recommended retail price for parts, meaning replacement seals can cost nearly half the price you paid for the cooker.
Was good when it worked
It doesn't seal, can't find parts.

tiredofoverpricedjunk

tiredofoverpricedjunkAU

Continual problems

Philbe
Philbe

It doesn't seal properly and so pressure isn't ever reached
Nightmare - do not buy it!!
Their saucepans are great
Their pressure cookers NOT great

Joan40
Joan40

I am having the same experience with the steam coming out of the emergency valve and out of the gap between the pot and the lid. Every time I use it it is a gamble and so many dishes have lost all their liquid and been ruined.

duggsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

doesn't operate as expected

agree with previous user, seems to leak from under the small handle before the valves do what they're supposed to,but in saying that, it still does cook vegies ok. Haven't tried any caseroles as yet. No matter how i adjust the flame, all of the steam release is out of the valve on the small handle, and nothing from the main valve
thought price was reasonable for a scanpan product. looks good
doesn't seal properly

duggs

well roses66, i'm feeling pretty dumb right now. i wondered what that washer was for . another appliance with great instructions. thanks heaps, glad you saw this thread

Your welcome. :)

Roses66South East Queensland, QLD

Very impressed

I put off buying a pressure cooker for years because I was not sure it was something I would use. I have had mine for a month now and I have to say I am just loving it! I am so surprised by how many things you can cook in it and it has certainly lived up to the Scanpan reputation... it's fabulous!
Ease of use, easy to clean and it looks great!