Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker CPE300

Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker CPE300

MPN: CPE300

Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker CPE300 Showcases

Official material from Crock-Pot.

Read now

• Sautéing
  • Rice Cooking

Chris
ChrisGold Coast

Nice Multi-cooker... failed after two years

Nice device.

Failed after two years, and now trips the circuit breaker if turned on. Tested in a second house and trips their too.

Anyway, it cooked quite a few nice meals, but I expect an appliance to last at least 5 years.

I've picked up a 2nd one on Ebay for half price - opened box, but never used.

If that lasts longer, I will revise my review to 4 stars in a couple years. There are multi-cookers for half this price, that would last longer.

It is possible I have just been unlucky. If my next one fails early, I'm done with this brand, and will be switching to Phillips, albeit at twice the price.

n/a
n/aSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Sad to give this rating - Was working well then had issues

Purchased 12 months ago, have to say I loved it, easy to use and clean. I noticed that the silver was wearing around the control panel. The past few weeks the pressure was taking more than 20mins to build. Then e6 error came up and burnt the bottom of the food. Will be replacing with another brand.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

Ewa
EwaSydney, NSW

Makes my life so much easier!

I love using it for stewing and pressure cooking. Makes my life so much easier as I can make delicious ribs within 30 minutes or one of my favourite curries and leave my house without worrying about it. Very often I would leave it on overnight to wake up to a delicious smell of slow cooked beef. There is so many good recipes online or on crockpot’s social media channels- my new favourite one is potato’a and egg salad which you can cook together in 10 minutes!
I wish it could have a glass lid but I guess the build is restricted by pressure cooking.
Minimal maintenance as it’s very easy to keep it clean.

Purchased in August 2020 at Appliances Online for $119.00.

Pressure Cookers

Find out how Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker CPE300 compares to other Pressure Cookers

RobS
RobSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product has a poor design

In the first 3 days, I ended up on my third one as they first 2 were faulty. The third one worked twice before the lid seal kept falling out. Taking it back for a refund to go to another brand. Also the extra capacity doesn't seem accurate as it holds exactly the same as the 6L to the max line.

Purchased in February 2021 at The Good Guys Online store for $170.00.

Lewy
LewyPerth

DOESNT DO EVERYTHING WELL

HAVE TRIED A FEW THINGS
1.The vanilla cake was a disaster..didnt rise and inedible
2.Cooking a casserole steak curry required 1 hour on pressure cook mode
Would have been simpler and better slow cooking
2.Pea and ham soup good but needed longer cooking than Rx says
Have yet to try slow cooking or pressure cooking lentils..hope this is better because I could have bought a standard Sunbeam slow cooker for $39 instead of paying $169 for Express 300

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $169.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Bryce N.

Never got to use the junk

Put the lid on in the lock position, never came off again.

Now waiting to hear from CrockPot on what to do next. The device didn't even get turned on so there is no pressure issue involved..

Purchased in July 2020.

Bryce N.

Note, it got a 5 for safety because you ain't ever going to get that lid off. Will never explode on you! The blisters on my hands trying to open the bloody thing though are another safety matter!

Paul
PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tried 2 - both faulty

Bought one in May, was great for 2 months then had an E5 error caused by left side buttons. Retailer replaced with new and same fault within 3 weeks. Avoid!!

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $169.00.

Dave
DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast, Efficient, Easy clean quality

Quality product in a size large enough to make family sized meals. So far have made a great corned silverside and a beef ragu, both in record time. Meat was succulent and easy to pull. Pressure builds very quickly. Cleaning is hand wash, but the non-stick surface of the internal pot makes it easy. Pressure lid and seal break down quickly to allow through clean. Looking forward to trying slow cook and rice features. Recommended!

Purchased in June 2020 at Target Australia.

ginw0001
ginw0001Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it! Makes cooking fun again

I was so impressed, I bought two. One for me and one as gift. The pressure cooker is definitely the most used component as it saves so much time and I am working my way through the online recipes and loving them. They work out like I am an expert chef. I had my original crockpot for 41 years and I am hoping this one is as reliable. The wash up is easy. It is the most used appliance in my kitchen. I am loving all the winter meals and soups that are made so much easier. I am about to do smokey BBQ pork ribs. Can't wait. Did the thai pumpkin soup last night - it was delicious. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in June 2020 at Myer for $199.00.

caseyJ
caseyJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I absolutely love it!

This pressure cooker has come in handy so many times on nights when I don't feel like cooking. Being heavily pregnant with a toddler, I haven't had to put that much effort into making dinner as you can just throw everything in and wait. The best thing i find about this pressure cooker is your able to use just the one pot for everything (Browning meats, cooking the onion beforehand) it's been very useful! The rice dish only took 10 minutes in the cooker!

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $169.00.

I love it!

Edit: As you can see from the exchange with customer service, I now have the information that I need. I have thus revised my rating from a 3-star to 5-star. This was the only limitation I had and it has been resolved (left the comments in case someone encounters the same 'issue').

I would add that a clearer manual for newbies like myself would be ideal!

After buying this, I discovered that you can't pressure cook anything for less than 5 minutes. This is a limitation for things like quinoa, which should cook on pressure for 1 minute and then naturally release.

I don't understand why this limitation as been imposed. It's rival the Instant Pot has no such limitation.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bing Lee for $130.00.

Hi less,
I will pass this on.

1ess

Does it function as a pressure cooker and in the same way? It still seems strange that the pressure setting is limited.

paulybabeAdelaide

Great device for the kitchen but no customer support.

Purchased in September 2019 at Myer for $169.00.

Hi paulybabe,
We do have a list of Spare Part Agents on our websites for Sunbeam and CrockPot or you can Google the Model number and you will find online agents that can assist as well.

paulybabe

Really? I just checked your website and it just has the phone number and fill out a form. No, how about YOU Google a spare parts business that sell sealing rings? Then tell me?

Hi paulybabe,
So sorry for all the hassle.
These are not available at the moment but will be coming in the New Year.

Carlo
Carlo

Works well...if you follow the few recipes provided

Purchased in July 2019.

Hi Carlo G,
Thanks for the great review! Your feedback has been passed onto our product manager. We at CrockPot are always trialling new ideas and suggestions. As they say - "Watch this space.." :)
Kind Regards
CrockPot

Bron L
Bron LNew South Wales

A new way of cooking - will take time but its worth it!

Hi Bronl,
Thank you so much for the great review! We love the CPE300 too. Enjoy.
Kind Regards
CrockPot

Dee
DeeSydney, NSW

Great for Soups !

We have used the pressure cooker 3-4 times and have found it great for 'one pot' meals like soups or meats you may usually slow cook. I'm a very ad hoc cook so I do find it a bit hard to not be able to adjust recipes as I go. It's more, throw it all in, set the timer and hope for the best! which I'm sure a lot of people would love. I will continue to use for stews, soups or any thing else of that nature.

Purchased in July 2019.

Hi Dee,
Thanks for the fabulous review!!