22cm/6L and 24cm/8L

terrible

once I managed to get it to work, pressure just blows out of the valves, and doesn't pressurize, when I returned it to scanpan, they tried to tell me it was me!!! but they only tested it with water in????? no food!!! and once out of 3 it didnt work, huge waste of money, my last scanpan lasted 15 years and I'd gave it away having got a new one! thats it for me Never again will I buy scanpan, it will go in the bin once I get it back

Purchased in October 2018 for $179.00.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Weekly

Terrible

I spend more time trying to get the lid to seal than I do cooking. It took half an hour to get the pressure valves to lock. I am going to throw this piece of rubbish in the bin and buy a different brand. The instruction manual didn’t give enough troubleshooting information.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

I absolutely love it but two minor grizzles about the accessories

I purchased this pressure cooker after I was told I could no longer get a replacement handle for my "vintage" pressure cooker. For goodness sake, it was only about 25 years old :( I did quite a bit of research and found the article/review at the American Test Kitchens very helpful in determining what qualities to look for in a pressure cooker. The Scanpan ticked most of the boxes, plus it was on special so that was an added bonus. I find It so quiet I barely know it is on; so different from my previous cooker which I thought had been quiet as I had always compared it to my Grandmothers pressure cooker. I also love that I do not need to have different weights for different pressure levels, that the two levels are marked on the same indicator and when the desired pressure is reached all I do is turn down the heat to maintain that pressure. No more hunting around in the draw for weights for the cooker.

I also like that the heavy duty base plate on the bottom of the pan goes right to the edge of the pan rather than leaving an area around the edge. If the base plate is smaller than the base of the cooker it is far to easy to burn food.

There are only two things I am not particularly impressed with in this pressure cooker and that is the trivet and the steamer basket. I prefer a trivet that is more like a raised plate with holes in it than the one which is piece of folded metal from Scanpan. I have found that it is too narrow and a number of things topple off of the trivet.

The other thing that could be improved is that the steamer basket only has one central handle which means it tips over VERY easily when you lift it out of the cooker, sending hot food everywhere (including into the water in the cooker). My previous basket had had two handles which meant you could lift it up without it tipping.

Other than those two minor grizzles I am really pleased I bought this pressure cooker.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

The best Mexican Rice

I have been using pressure cooker all my life. I am Mexican. I am sure that if you don't have a clay pot you can use this extraordinary pressure cooker and the rice will be delicious. It is very easy to work with and the taste and flavours will remain for all the time.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Perfect pressure

This is by far the best pressure cooker I've purchased !!!!! Easy to use ! Cooks everything really quickly ! Don't have to wait ages for pressure to release ! Easy to clean ! Mine goes in dishwasher ! Storage not a problem !! I LOVE MY SCANPAN PRESSURE COOKER

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Scan pan 8ltr beauty

Hubby got this after I had a really old one blow it's lid off..it's the best. It states to replace the ring seal every 12mths which I don't like.. Trying to see the marker for pressure is hard at times.. Besides those 2 things, I love it..make sure u read the instructions & do not place lid on top when in storage, turn lid over otherwise u will damage the seal..

Date PurchasedJul 2016

The pressure valve is a trouble spot in design

The safety valve rubber ring keeps falling off and going awol. Without it, the cooker is useless. Ours has been sitting in the kitchen cabinet for over 2 years. We must have been able to use it only for a few months at most.
Apologies for this review, but i thought people should know about this.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

kudos to scanpan

we bought dual scanpan pressure cookers 6 years ago and notified scanpan when the handle of one cracked. guess what? they asked us to return postage prepaid and mailed back to us these new model replacements, an 8L and a 6L! needless to say, we are blown away by this exceptional customer service and are now die had scan pan pressure cooker fans.
thank you, scanpan!

April 29th 2016 Update:
we have started using the new replacement scanpan pressure cookers and am blown away by how the product has improved in 6 years.

quiet as ever, it no longer make a racket when cooking and best of all, the bottoms no longer burn! we also found that loosing less steam, we needed to use less stock/water to cook.

well done, scanpan!

Love love love my pressure cooker

I'm really surprised with some if the bad reviews, absolutely love mine and don't know how I've lived without it! I rave to everyone I know although not great for trying to lose weight especially when you now cook ribs all the time! Oh and the shanks soooo good, melt off the bone in less the 35 minutes. Use mine at least three times a week and no issues at all!

Hugely disappointing

The lid is a hassle to get on. It may cook quickly but it takes forever to cool down so you can get the food out.
My old pressure cooker- not Scanpan- was fantastic. I just can't get replacement parts for it. It had a twirling weight on the top which when the cooking time was up could be tipped a little to one side whilst still on the lid of the pressure cooker to let the steam escape quickly and then the lid removed. Meanwhile you could spend a couple of minutes attending to other things. It could also be run under the cold water tap- it was OK to have the water run all over the lid to let the steam out and voila cooked food.

This silly Scanpan takes far longer to cool than to cook and the instructions are that you should stand with a wooden spoon in hand to depress the pressure knob!!!!!! Even then it takes forever and if you take it to the sink to cool it only the edge of the lid can be run under warm water.

It has too many inaccessible parts on the lid to be sure it is totally clean- another negative- I like to make sure anything to do with food Is scrupulously clean.

I am going to sell it and buy one with a rotating pressure weight that can be tilted and then removed and also with more manageable handles that swivel easily to make one handle when the lid is in place - rather than stubby handles either side of the pan.

Pressure cookers are fantastic so ask around - especially to older cooks who have been using them safely,efficiently and happily for years and also read reviews and get one that you are comfortable with and that really DOES cook the food fast and have it available to eat quickly not 20-30 minutes later after you have spent another lump of time trying to get the pressure down!

Scanpan Pressure Cooker

I have bought the dual pressure cooker package after my previous other brand passed away after 35 years of trouble free service. I am not pleased with its performance., its leaks I think from condensation both ends plus it does not cook as efficiently or quickly as my other pressure cooker. As I own a number of other Scanpan products I thought there would be as good result, this is not so, very disappointing both cost and name prestige.
Dual sizes
Leaks water while cooking

What's the return/ exchange policy just in case if customer is not satisfied with scanpan pressure cooker ?

I need a manual please ....plus the cooker has been in cupboard couple of years and button on lid now seems stuck - i have cleaned oiled and wiggled - should i undo nut on inside of lid and retighten? Any advice welcomed
I’ve lost my manual but I wouldn’t remove any screws just give a really good clean . Maybe ring the dealer or Australian maker

I have a scanpan pressure cooker and no manual,unable to get the lid on, can someone help me, please?
Like you raggy, I too am loking for a manual. Did you or anyone give lead?Have you tried to DOWNLOAD a Manual on the net? I always do this for everything I buy as the printing on most Manuals these days is so darn small -- just make sure you put the right info re the Model etc in.

Pressure Cooker 22cm/6LPressure Cooker 24cm/8L