2Scanpan Pressure Cooker

3.5

Greg
GregMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
  22cm/6L

Was losing pressure, and cooking until dry, Replaced valve, good now

Boiled it dry thee times until I realised, it will do it every time, cooks dry, leaks pressure if you dont physically lift the centre pressure valve once its up to pressure, then you hear the outside presure relief valve lift into position and seal.
It's an expensive pressure cooker, and you shouldnt need to have a work arround to use it.

Have just replaced the main centre pressure relief valve, worked perfectly. I must say the Distributors hve been fantastic since I posted this review, and have requested I send the cooker back, as an easier option I was sent replacements for all the 4 pressure relief valves, so far so good Ill run it a few times and then change this review Show details ·  9

JLozz
JLozzGold Coast16 posts

Baby pressure cooker v

My filo mother in law always raved about using an old school pressure cooker and how my cooking would be something shorter if I used one. I was always interested but freaked out about the quick release. Fast forward 5 years I decided to give it a go and wow what a difference. Soup, stews, pork just gets soooooft, even from frozen. My only negative is don't pressure cook chicken. The product itself is very sturdy, well but, easy to clean and doesn't have hot spots. I would recommend to everyone as itcan be used also as a normal pot for pasta.  Show details
Pressurising Speed
Vkoio416 posts
Julii_B
Julii_BSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

First time pressure cooker

Worked straight out of the box. Other reviews who complain about a broken machine before it's first use is just dumb, of course its not going to work so take it back, perhaps it broke in transport.

Comes with a steaming thing and some sort of prong that I haven't figured out yet.

Heavy but that's a good thing, straight sides so heat is evenly distributed.

Brushed finish is good, no finger prints.

6l cooks for 4 to 6 people and feels like it's built to last. Show details

Pressure cooker
Pressure cookerSydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible. Broke immediately

Terrible and broke immediately. Came with spare piece and doesn’t explain how to set up. After figuring it out the other steam valves have broken within a single use and was an overall terrible product. Show details
Jacqui L.
Jacqui L.Perth, WA

terrible

once I managed to get it to work, pressure just blows out of the valves, and doesn't pressurize, when I returned it to scanpan, they tried to tell me it was me!!! but they only tested it with water in????? no food!!! and once out of 3 it didnt work, huge waste of money, my last scanpan lasted 15 years and I'd gave it away having got a new one! thats it for me Never again will I buy scanpan, it will go in the bin once I get it back Show details
Loldie
LoldieSouth West, WA2 posts

Terrible

I spend more time trying to get the lid to seal than I do cooking. It took half an hour to get the pressure valves to lock. I am going to throw this piece of rubbish in the bin and buy a different brand. The instruction manual didn’t give enough troubleshooting information.

kim_t2_au
kim_t2_au3 posts
Susana
SusanaSouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts

The best Mexican Rice

I have been using pressure cooker all my life. I am Mexican. I am sure that if you don't have a clay pot you can use this extraordinary pressure cooker and the rice will be delicious. It is very easy to work with and the taste and flavours will remain for all the time.

Angela L
Angela LMelbourne26 posts

Perfect pressure

This is by far the best pressure cooker I've purchased !!!!! Easy to use ! Cooks everything really quickly ! Don't have to wait ages for pressure to release ! Easy to clean ! Mine goes in dishwasher ! Storage not a problem !! I LOVE MY SCANPAN PRESSURE COOKER

Debbie
Debbie

Scan pan 8ltr beauty

Hubby got this after I had a really old one blow it's lid off..it's the best. It states to replace the ring seal every 12mths which I don't like.. Trying to see the marker for pressure is hard at times.. Besides those 2 things, I love it..make sure u read the instructions & do not place lid on top when in storage, turn lid over otherwise u will damage the seal..

Aqui
Aqui
  24cm/8L

The pressure valve is a trouble spot in design

The safety valve rubber ring keeps falling off and going awol. Without it, the cooker is useless. Ours has been sitting in the kitchen cabinet for over 2 years. We must have been able to use it only for a few months at most.

Apologies for this review, but i thought people should know about this.

fanaticcook
fanaticcookGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC43 posts

kudos to scanpan

we bought dual scanpan pressure cookers 6 years ago and notified scanpan when the handle of one cracked. guess what? they asked us to return postage prepaid and mailed back to us these new model replacements, an 8L and a 6L! needless to say, we are blown away by this exceptional customer service and are now die had scan pan pressure cooker fans.

thank you, scanpan!

April 29th 2016 Update:

we have started using the new replacement scanpan pressure cookers and am blown away by how the product has improved in 6 years.

quiet as ever, it no longer make a racket when cooking and best of all, the bottoms no longer burn! we also found that loosing less steam, we needed to use less stock/water to cook.

well done, scanpan!

Stace
StaceMelbourne
  24cm/8L

Love love love my pressure cooker

I'm really surprised with some if the bad reviews, absolutely love mine and don't know how I've lived without it! I rave to everyone I know although not great for trying to lose weight especially when you now cook ribs all the time! Oh and the shanks soooo good, melt off the bone in less the 35 minutes. Use mine at least three times a week and no issues at all!

Pipex