Scotts Lawn Builder All Purpose

Scotts Lawn Builder All Purpose

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Scotts? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.1

Plzy
PlzySYDNEY, NSW

BEWARE this product kills your lawn

Before and after photos - taken 2 days apart. I applied as recommended. It's safe to say I am more than disappointed. Stay clear of this product or use at your own risk.

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Kevin
KevinFar North Queensland, QLD

Lawn killer, weed promoter

I bought a 15Kg bag and the recommended Scotts Drop Spreader from Bunnings Smithfield (Cairns) Qld. I assembled and calibrated the spreader to the recommended spread rate, and applied about a month ago. My mostly cooch with some broader leaf lawn grass has now mostly died off and the weeds have exploded. We have received a lot of rainfall since I applied the fertiliser. I am bitterly disappointed with the result given the glowing reviews from other users.

Purchased in February 2021 for $80.00.

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

I Love This Fertilizer - Just Don't Overdo It

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $77.09.

Willoughby Lawn Lover
Willoughby Lawn Lover

Burnt lawn and turned in brown

I was excited to use this product having been recommended it from a Bunnings sales person. I followed the instructions and distributed it on my lawn and watered it the follow day (as per the directions on the packet). Within 48 hours my lawn turned yellow-y, followed by big brown burnt patches everywhere. Incredibly disappointing feeling to pay top dollar to effectively kill your lawn. I held off writing this review for 7 days in the hope it would improve, but it's unfortunately only gotten worse over time. Be warned future buyers of this product.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $40.00.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Scotts Lawn Builder All Purpose compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Antony
AntonyAdelaide

Careful..!!!

I have used this product on my Kikuyu lawn a few weeks back. However, within a couple of days, most of the lawn become yellowish and eventually brown...!! Contacted the company (quickly got a response) and been told that this is due to the over application. I might have used slightly higher quantity than recommended (~25%), but didn't know it is so critical (especially as it is a slow release fertilizer). After four weeks and a lot of watering, some part of the lawn is growing back..

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Kat
KatSydney

Love this stuff

I’ve been using this product for 2 years now, my lawn is a deep green, thick and luscious. All my neighbours ask what I use and I tell them. They now have the beautiful green lawns also. This is such a great product and it doesn’t smell like some manures. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good stuff !

My grass turned not only green but thick and healthy. Easy to apply does not burn lawn, use 2 or 3 times a year.. even the bare patches all gone and grass has grown over them ! Highly recommend this product for my buffalo lawn and not expensive at all, good value for money !

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Excellent Lawn Fertiliser

This is the best lawn fertiliser that I have ever used. It thickens the lawn quickly and drowns out the weeds over time. Although you can get away without watering it in until the next rain, I highly recommend to at least give the lawn some water after application. Especially if applying on hot days.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
AllanO
AllanOSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent product, delivers on all aspects of sales information

I can highly recommend the product, keeps my lawn of Queensland Blue Couch in top condition, even in the cooler winter months. The product certainly delivers and well worth the investment in ensuring a pleasing garden environment. Definitely out performs any other product I have previously been using. Looking forward to another great season with the product in 2017.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Less Weeds

I tried Lawn Builder fertiliser because it said it would thicken the lawn and reduce the number of weeds. I had lots of bare patches on my lawn and have noticed now they have grass over them. Slowly the weeds have decreased while the grass has spread and thickened. I would highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Suzy
SuzyBrisbane

Punish your lawn

Prepared ground as instructed and watered twice a day for over a week and all I have is a dozen holes in the ground. My lawn actually looks worse and my purse is down $30! Off to return to Bunnings and buy some turf. Suggest you all do the same!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
HappyCustomer
HappyCustomerSydney, NSW

Just killed the lawn, turned it yellow

I wouldn't recommend. Seemed to burn my grass and the fertiliser did too. Just water the lawn safer that way. Maybe it's better in winter but def killed my lawn...........
Not much more to say but it's asking for fifty words so I'm rambling. Four to go no two more days

Date PurchasedDec 2016

jjacer
jjacerForest Lake

Great slow release fertiliser.

Having a reasonable lawn of thick blue couch already I didn't want a fertiliser which would accelerate growth (height) because that would mean more mowing and it was hard to find something that wouldn't be fast acting and cause my lawn to shoot up. This slow release fertiliser is perfect for my situation, that is to say an already well kept, thick lawn which just needed a slow feed to keep it green.
Great product when used for it's intended purpose. Excellent!

Thomatbr
ThomatbrSydney, NSW

Didn't Work for me

Didn't improve growth of grass. It only fed the weeds, the dandelions and small leaf clover. Now I have to rip up half of my garden to get rid of the weeds. The grass is now weaker as it is overrun by weeds.

In all areas where I applied the fertliser, the growth of grass didn't improve. In areas that were patchy, non existent, medium or thick areas of grass, the grass growth didn't improve, even 3 months on. The grass was watered or rained on at least once a week during this period.

I live in Sydney with heavy clay soil, might have something to do with this.