Scotts Lawn Builder All Purpose

Scotts Lawn Builder All Purpose

See the Best Garden Maintenance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Careful..!!!

I have used this product on my Kikuyu lawn a few weeks back. However, within a couple of days, most of the lawn become yellowish and eventually brown...!! Contacted the company (quickly got a response) and been told that this is due to the over application. I might have used slightly higher quantity than recommended (~25%), but didn't know it is so critical (especially as it is a slow release fertilizer). After four weeks and a lot of watering, some part of the lawn is growing back..

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Love this stuff

I’ve been using this product for 2 years now, my lawn is a deep green, thick and luscious. All my neighbours ask what I use and I tell them. They now have the beautiful green lawns also. This is such a great product and it doesn’t smell like some manures. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good stuff !

My grass turned not only green but thick and healthy. Easy to apply does not burn lawn, use 2 or 3 times a year.. even the bare patches all gone and grass has grown over them ! Highly recommend this product for my buffalo lawn and not expensive at all, good value for money !

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Awful! Ruined my lawn

I can’t believe these other posts on the product results. I purchased this in Spring and applied as per the instructions. The weeds went yellow BUT so did my entire lawn. I spoke to Bunnings and to no avail! What got my lawn back in shape was the Munns Lawn care products. Just check them out... they are the best on the market and an Aussie brand.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent Lawn Fertiliser

This is the best lawn fertiliser that I have ever used. It thickens the lawn quickly and drowns out the weeds over time. Although you can get away without watering it in until the next rain, I highly recommend to at least give the lawn some water after application. Especially if applying on hot days.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent product, delivers on all aspects of sales information

I can highly recommend the product, keeps my lawn of Queensland Blue Couch in top condition, even in the cooler winter months. The product certainly delivers and well worth the investment in ensuring a pleasing garden environment. Definitely out performs any other product I have previously been using. Looking forward to another great season with the product in 2017.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Less Weeds

I tried Lawn Builder fertiliser because it said it would thicken the lawn and reduce the number of weeds. I had lots of bare patches on my lawn and have noticed now they have grass over them. Slowly the weeds have decreased while the grass has spread and thickened. I would highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Punish your lawn

Prepared ground as instructed and watered twice a day for over a week and all I have is a dozen holes in the ground. My lawn actually looks worse and my purse is down $30! Off to return to Bunnings and buy some turf. Suggest you all do the same!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Just killed the lawn, turned it yellow

I wouldn't recommend. Seemed to burn my grass and the fertiliser did too. Just water the lawn safer that way. Maybe it's better in winter but def killed my lawn...........
Not much more to say but it's asking for fifty words so I'm rambling. Four to go no two more days

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great slow release fertiliser.

Having a reasonable lawn of thick blue couch already I didn't want a fertiliser which would accelerate growth (height) because that would mean more mowing and it was hard to find something that wouldn't be fast acting and cause my lawn to shoot up. This slow release fertiliser is perfect for my situation, that is to say an already well kept, thick lawn which just needed a slow feed to keep it green.
Great product when used for it's intended purpose. Excellent!

Didn't Work for me

Didn't improve growth of grass. It only fed the weeds, the dandelions and small leaf clover. Now I have to rip up half of my garden to get rid of the weeds. The grass is now weaker as it is overrun by weeds.

In all areas where I applied the fertliser, the growth of grass didn't improve. In areas that were patchy, non existent, medium or thick areas of grass, the grass growth didn't improve, even 3 months on. The grass was watered or rained on at least once a week during this period.

I live in Sydney with heavy clay soil, might have something to do with this.

I applied Scotts lawn fertiliser all purpose and my lawn is greener and healthier but I did so in Start of July - when do I wait to reapply - can I apply early September spring in the areas that are more patchy and grass is just starting to grow or should I wait till end of september (3 months time)

I have fertilised my lawn a week ago, can I now apply Scotts lawn thickener, or do I have to wait.
Hello, Highly recommend trying the Munn’s range. Based on your lawn variety they have all the options and advice. Their website has the family of lawn experts there to help. I use the Buffalo Booster and it’s the BEST. I had lawn envy from the neighbours last year