Sennheiser PXC 550

Sennheiser PXC 550

See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sennheiser? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sound Quality
  • Noise Cancellation

RLGsMum
RLGsMumLismore, New South Wales

Worked great until today

I have had these headphones for two or three years. Mostly used at home, or at uni for studying (online lectures) or listening to music and podcasts. Until today when they just stopped! Then I took them off and discovered that the ear cup joiner, which is the on/off switch has broken. For the price I would expect a much better lifespan.
They’ve never had hard use, I don’t use them for exercise or let the children use them. Very disappointed. Also, the volume doesn’t go quiet enough, and they stopped connecting to the app a while ago.
Do not buy these. They do not last.
Bought from Harvey Norman.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Adamsnel
AdamsnelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sound is ok. Quality is average for this brand.

I listen to all sorts of music on my headphones, and find that the bass is very artificial. Connection is only available on a phone, don't expect it to work on your PC very well at all as it is not designed for that. You will need a $100 adaptor on your USB port in the PC in order to make them work effectively. The advertising for these didn't mention they don't work on all bluetooth devices. These are very expensive headphones for what you get in the box, even at a heavily reduced price as I purchased them. Nope, I wouldn't recommend these.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $299.00.

Mark R.
Mark R.

Bluetooth connectivity terrible

Headphone sound quality good. Bluetooth connectivity terrible. When connected as a Bluetooth headset holding the button to pair a new device does not work. Constantly disconnecting from windows 10. Half the time when connected to windows 10 cannot use mic. I cannot find a pattern. Out of warranty so I can't return these frustrating headphones. I was left with one option...

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $300.00.

Simon A.
Simon A.Sydney, NSW

Great sound, really really bad BT Connection Management!

Cons:
- Really Bad Bluetooth Connection Management - God forbid you have 2 devices connected at the same time! audio loss is only fixed with reboot. Nearly impossible to connect it to a Win Laptops
- No firmware updates!

Pros:
When they work, they work really well;
- great sound
- great noise cancelling
- feel/look great

Purchased in December 2019 for $499.00.

Hernán C.
Hernán C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The connectivity is really bad

I've written a review before about these headphones, but back then, only 3 weeks ago, the connectivity was not this bad.
Now, my Dell G3 2019 Windows 10 laptop cannot connect to the headphones, they enter a loop of connecting and powering off and on. It's horrible. And connecting to my iPhone 8, is just as bad: same loop but only one iteration.
I removed the device, restarted the laptop and tried again the first time because the connection was continuously breaking up. Now, the loop, I can't listen to my laptop music.

Sennheiser really screwed up this time. I'm gonna ask for a refund and return the headphones.

Purchased in September 2020 for $499.00.

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
best-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020
Julie
JulieSydney, NSW

Quality sound that doesn’t last

I’ve had my Sennheisers for 3 years and have enjoyed the sound quality but the battery is no longer holding its charge. I would expect for a product that isn’t cheap to last longer than it does. Probably wouldn’t buy this brand again.

Purchased in August 2017 for $639.00.

unhappy customer
unhappy customer

pxc 550 headphones

So i was in the market for a new pair of headphones and i did a bit of reasearch and decided to give the sennheiser pxc 550 head phones ago and have not regretted them comfortable bluetooth to everything unlike boes or sony i also have sony and it has problems bluetoothing to all devices but no trouble with pxc550 and sound just as good as bose and sony for a slightly cheaper price, look into it guys you won't be disappointed.

D3B5 C
D3B5 CSydney, NSW

Great travel pal

I purchased this noise cancelling machine as I travel by air a lot.
It works well on the plane block out the engine noise I can enjoy watching movie with better sound quality.
When I first tried the headphones on I felt a little queasy. I searched on line it seems some people with the same problem. It's not product related it's more like individuals and the inner ear balance thing. I soon got used to them and the queasiness is less obvious to me.

Purchased in July 2019 at Amazon for $349.00.

Ash
AshVIC, 3429

Incredible sound quality - Phenomenal battery - very durable and light

The answers are as below:
- music, movies, news,...
- It is but because I love it, I do not want to make it sweaty so I bought a cheaper one for these activities
- It could be louder
- It is good

Purchased in January 2018 at E-Global Digital Cameras for $348.46.

Mikef50
Mikef50Sydney, NSW

Very comfy. Perfect for long flights

Just received today, and was impressed by all facets of these very comfy headphones. Packaged in a travel pouch with cables and adapters for all aircraft, the sound is impressive, clear and full. Certainly an immersive audio experience. Light, and easy to use at the touch or swipe of the right side headphone. Pause, play, FFwd, Next, Back, Volume +/- or answer / mute calls......it's like learning a new language, but very easy using one finger....Easy pairing to multiple devices and easy charging with included USB cable (no 240v charging adapter though)

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in January 2020 at Qantas FF Rewards.

Sound Quality
Trisha
TrishaSydney, NSW

Fantastic headphones

Have had these headphones for 8 months and have loved them. Fantastic noise cancelling and the touch swipe feature is really handy. I wear them on my commute and they're good for travelling on loud planes. The wireless range is great and the sound quality is fantastic. I've also worn them to the gym and they've been really comfortable.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $241.96.

younggle
younggleSydney, NSW

Very good 'phones let down by battery failure

Purchased in August 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

Duane H
Duane HGippsland, VIC

So glad I listened to the reviews and bought PXC 550's

Purchased in November 2019 for $349.00.

Miranda T.
Miranda T.Sydney, NSW

Great sound quality

great sound quality. Bass in particular is good. I find it a bit uncomfortable but its ok for a few hours at a time.

Overall - very happy with my purchase!

Jatboy
JatboySydney, NSW

Perfect headphones for Flight travels

Sound - great
Comfort - great
Build - great
Price - average
Overall, a good quality product which comes at a cost but proves its worth. You will not regret this purchase. Touch interaction on the sides. Noise cancellation works good.
A great deal.