Sennheiser PXC 550

Sennheiser PXC 550

See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Miranda T.

Miranda T.Sydney, NSW

Great sound quality

great sound quality. Bass in particular is good. I find it a bit uncomfortable but its ok for a few hours at a time.

Overall - very happy with my purchase!

Jatboy

JatboySydney, NSW

Perfect headphones for Flight travels

Sound - great
Comfort - great
Build - great
Price - average
Overall, a good quality product which comes at a cost but proves its worth. You will not regret this purchase. Touch interaction on the sides. Noise cancellation works good.
A great deal.

terrasprite

terraspriteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fun and easy to use

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys for $345.00.

wolffram

wolfframGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome!

These headphones are extremely comfortable and offer some great features. They stop what your'e listening to when you take them off, you can adjust the volume by sliding your fingers along the side of them, the amount of noise cancellation is adjustable, the wireless range is fantastic, and the battery life is great. I use them for music and movies, and can't fault them. The only minor criticism I have is that I would like to be able to turn them up louder. I chose these over the Bose QC35, and I am more than happy with my choice.

Purchased in March 2018 at Quantas online store for $275.00.

Upali

UpaliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great headphones noise cancellation ok sounds awesome

Sennheiser PXC 550 sounds great with pretty much everything once you make a few adjustments via the CapTunes app (go into the Director Effect Mode and make adjustments).

I have for instance set the customisable Director Effect Mode as:

Boost = Thump
Spatial = Near
Reverb = High
DLC = On

You can then press the Effect Mode Control button (on the right ear cup) and a Director Effect Mode will be added to the available options. Noise cancellation is ok not as good as the Sonys or the Bose but these do look better for mine. Very comfortable as well. Highly recommend.

Purchased in April 2019 at Amazon for $262.00.

George

GeorgeDarwin

Great Sound

Great headphones the sound is great and is something i was expecting from a brand like sennheiser, the noise canceling is very effective & the battery life seems to be very stable. I would happily recommend these to other people.

Purchased in January 2019.

JulesP

JulesPPerth, WA

Excellent noise cancellation & sound quality with only minor issues

Purchased in October 2017 at Addicted to Audio for $380.00.

Leroy D.

Leroy D.

Great pair of headphones.

I use these for long flights (7 to 8 hours) and it doesn't hurt. They are really comfortable. Sound quality is decent. Battery life is great too.
The only thing I find annoying is that when the battery is low, around 20%, you get this annoying battery low message every few seconds.

Purchased in December 2017.

Nic

Nicbrisbane

Ooh yeah - the Barry White of headphones.

Man I love these things. It's just a sunshine-on-a-crisp-winter-day feeling when they hug your ears and deliver smooth audio goodness.

They worked out of the box. The battery life is awesome. They connect really easily. Are simple to use. Noise cancellation is wonderful. And they sound great! Honestly they're that good that I want to finish my review here. There's just no more to add.

If you're thinking of purchasing wireless headphones, as of 2018/19 these are hard to beat. Best Christmas gift ever :D

Purchased in December 2018.

Oz.travels

Oz.travelsSydney

Liked them, if only...

Very happy with the sound, quality and build. Used these with laptop. Recommend trying these on instore. I made the mistake to buy online without trying them on. I have a wider head, the earpads clamped and gave me a headache. My brother is very happy with these though!

Purchased in May 2018.

Vannoath

VannoathNarrabundah 2604, ACT

The quality is incredible

The sound quality on these headphones are incredible. Much better than the Momentum 2.0. Also very comfortable, but it can get a bit sweaty sometimes so they aren't great for the gym. Bluetooth capabilities are also amazing, I've gone downstairs without my phone with the music still playing.

Purchased in December 2018.

SamSpade

SamSpadeSydney, NSW

Great set of headphones...

They are clear with good range and the Bluetooth connection is handled well. I use them during flights for my devices or plugged in for onboard entertainment and the noise cancelling is fantastic. Possibly not as good as my old Bose headphones but close enough. Music sounds great and is reasonably balanced. I would prefer if they were a little louder but this may be a requirement these days for safety reasons.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Nathan

NathanNewcastle

Love the sound, just cant go the distance

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Titus

TitusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent long haul travel headphones. Awesome sound.

4 return trips to Europe with these headphones.
Comfortable, long lasting battery, has the 2 pin adapter to connect to aircraft headphone output.
Excellent noise suppression. Worth the cost.
Dropped them, sat on them, knocked them off tables with no issues.
Touch pad controls are great after some practice.
Takes a while to charge but lasts for 12-14 hours.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
rabs

rabsSydney

Amazing. Better than the previous product I owned

These are amazing and I have used them on many long haul flights for many continuous hours without getting any headaches or ear pressure problems. Absolutely love them. The best investment for any frequent flyers. Had the Bose Quiet Comfort QC35 II before these and they gave me headaches whenever I used them. Also the Bose always defaulted to noise cancelling mode on and you had to connect to your smartphone app to switch off or switch to halfway. Bose said it was by design but it was just plain poor user experience. Sennheiser have a traditional toggle switch for noise cancelling on-half-off meaning switching between is easy.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
feefo

feefo

Fantastic in almost every way, not great for exercise

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Dr. CrashalotSYDNEY

Uncomfortable and fiddly controls

I bought these headphones for a long-distance fight. They had great sound quality and certainly cancelled the flight noise. However, I found them extremely uncomfortable. After a couple of hours, the top of my head was very sore and had an indentation, despite adjusting them to the largest head size possible. The volume controls and on/off switching were also quite fiddly. It was also difficult to tell when they were fully charged.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Theo

TheoPerth

Perfect fit

The headphones are really worth it. I use this whenever I travel and it gives me such a huge comfort and convenience. Online Meetings become manageable as well because I was able to multi-task between discussions and writing some notes or making my brekky. I will definitely get another one for my family

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Austin

AustinCLOYNA

Great Product

These are very comfortable, and very easy to use. I love the touch controls for volume, play, next tune, last tune.The sound isolation and noise cancellation is really good, sometimes I'll just put the set on for some quiet in my noisy work environment. I'm very pleased with my purchase and would buy them again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Jaxon

JaxonPara Hills West

Nice Sennheiser quality

These are very good noise cancelling headphones. Judged solely on that scale, they get 5 stars for their ability to hear content during a flight. They are also comfortable though people with very large ears may notice the pads more than I did. They can make your ears sweat a little too in humid conditions.
Notably useful is the PXC 550s ability to pair to two different devices and receive notifications on the first device while listening to music on the second device, allowing calls to come through and mute the music so you can talk.

Date PurchasedJun 2018