2Sennheiser PXC 550

Long battery life

Display Name
Display NameBrisbane49 posts

Great headphones

I have had these headphones for over six years now, still travel with them, most recently through South America. The only issue i have really had is that the earpads fell apart about 18 months back. Got a cheap set off pads off ebay and am still quite happy. Have never had any issues with them connectivity wise.
Rebecca J. A.
Rebecca J. A.South East Queensland, QLD
RLGsMum
RLGsMumLismore, New South Wales9 posts

Worked great until today

I have had these headphones for two or three years. Mostly used at home, or at uni for studying (online lectures) or listening to music and podcasts. Until today when they just stopped! Then I took them off and discovered that the ear cup joiner, which is the on/off switch has broken. For the price I would expect a much better lifespan.
They’ve never had hard use, I don’t use them for exercise or let the children use them. Very disappointed. Also, the volume doesn’t go quiet enough, and they stopped connecting to the app a while ago.
Do not buy these. They do not last.
Bought from Harvey Norman.  Show details
Adamsnel
AdamsnelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

Sound is ok. Quality is average for this brand

I listen to all sorts of music on my headphones, and find that the bass is very artificial. Connection is only available on a phone, don't expect it to work on your PC very well at all as it is not designed for that. You will need a $100 adaptor on your USB port in the PC in order to make them work effectively. The advertising for these didn't mention they don't work on all bluetooth devices. These are very expensive headphones for what you get in the box, even at a heavily reduced price as I purchased them. Nope, I wouldn't recommend these. Show details
Mark R.
Mark R.14 posts

Bluetooth connectivity terrible

Headphone sound quality good. Bluetooth connectivity terrible. When connected as a Bluetooth headset holding the button to pair a new device does not work. Constantly disconnecting from windows 10. Half the time when connected to windows 10 cannot use mic. I cannot find a pattern. Out of warranty so I can't return these frustrating headphones. I was left with one option... Show details
Simon A.
Simon A.Sydney, NSW

Great sound, really really bad BT Connection Management!

Cons:
- Really Bad Bluetooth Connection Management - God forbid you have 2 devices connected at the same time! audio loss is only fixed with reboot. Nearly impossible to connect it to a Win Laptops
- No firmware updates!

Pros:
When they work, they work really well;
- great sound
- great noise cancelling
- feel/look great Show details

Hernán C.
Hernán C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

The connectivity is really bad

I've written a review before about these headphones, but back then, only 3 weeks ago, the connectivity was not this bad.
Now, my Dell G3 2019 Windows 10 laptop cannot connect to the headphones, they enter a loop of connecting and powering off and on. It's horrible. And connecting to my iPhone 8, is just as bad: same loop but only one iteration.
I removed the device, restarted the laptop and tried again the first time because the connection was continuously breaking up. Now, the loop, I can't listen to my laptop music.

Sennheiser really screwed up this time. I'm gonna ask for a refund and return the headphones. Show details

Julie
JulieSydney, NSW18 posts

Quality sound that doesn’t last

I’ve had my Sennheisers for 3 years and have enjoyed the sound quality but the battery is no longer holding its charge. I would expect for a product that isn’t cheap to last longer than it does. Probably wouldn’t buy this brand again. Show details
unhappy customer
unhappy customer21 posts

pxc 550 headphones

So i was in the market for a new pair of headphones and i did a bit of reasearch and decided to give the sennheiser pxc 550 head phones ago and have not regretted them comfortable bluetooth to everything unlike boes or sony i also have sony and it has problems bluetoothing to all devices but no trouble with pxc550 and sound just as good as bose and sony for a slightly cheaper price, look into it guys you won't be disappointed.
D3B5 C
D3B5 CSydney, NSW6 posts

Great travel pal

I purchased this noise cancelling machine as I travel by air a lot.
It works well on the plane block out the engine noise I can enjoy watching movie with better sound quality.
When I first tried the headphones on I felt a little queasy. I searched on line it seems some people with the same problem. It's not product related it's more like individuals and the inner ear balance thing. I soon got used to them and the queasiness is less obvious to me. Show details
Ash
AshVIC, 342932 posts

Incredible sound quality - Phenomenal battery - very durable and light

The answers are as below:
- music, movies, news,...
- It is but because I love it, I do not want to make it sweaty so I bought a cheaper one for these activities
- It could be louder
- It is good Show details
Mikef50
Mikef50Sydney, NSW255 posts

Very comfy. Perfect for long flights

Just received today, and was impressed by all facets of these very comfy headphones. Packaged in a travel pouch with cables and adapters for all aircraft, the sound is impressive, clear and full. Certainly an immersive audio experience. Light, and easy to use at the touch or swipe of the right side headphone. Pause, play, FFwd, Next, Back, Volume +/- or answer / mute calls......it's like learning a new language, but very easy using one finger....Easy pairing to multiple devices and easy charging with included USB cable (no 240v charging adapter though) Show details
Trisha
TrishaSydney, NSW7 posts

Fantastic headphones

Have had these headphones for 8 months and have loved them. Fantastic noise cancelling and the touch swipe feature is really handy. I wear them on my commute and they're good for travelling on loud planes. The wireless range is great and the sound quality is fantastic. I've also worn them to the gym and they've been really comfortable. Show details
younggle
younggleSydney, NSW21 posts

Duane H
Duane HGippsland, VIC11 posts

Nidia
Nidia

Can one listen to audio books downloaded on my iPhone on the headphone?

Dr. Crashalot
Dr. Crashalot

Yes. If you pair the headphones with your iPhone via Bluetooth you can listen to all audio. They also come with a cable to use as wired headphones. But if you have a newer iPhone, you will need the lighting to headphone adapter.

Izeth Semmer
Izeth Semmer

Using GarageBand with iPad I tried my PXC 550 sounded awesome listening to recordings , but when I plug guitar in ITrack audio interfacethe sound is delayed and really bad that was Bluetooth then tried the lead into iPad the same terrible sound is there a step I’m missing or doing something wrong?

avi g.
avi g.

Call quality???

Features:

• The Sennheiser PCX 550 Wireless Headphones are designed for frequent travellers, delivering great sound regardless of how noisy the environment is.
  • The triple microphone array system and adaptive noise cancellation ensures uninterrupted listening and high speech clarity.
  • The manufacturer claims that the headphones have a battery that lasts a trip from London to Hong Kong and back on a single charge.
  • These headphones are around-ear (or circumaural), allowing for a comfortable fit while achieving passive noise reduction.
  • They can be folded up, so you can easily store and transport them.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that these headphones had a steady and reliable Bluetooth connection, letting them walk around their house without their phone and still hear their music.
  • They also said that the noise cancellation was fantastic, and greatly reduced ambient noise, letting them concentrate or get peace and quiet wherever they were.
  • Users reported that the battery life of these headphones were great.
CategoryWireless Headphones