Sharp R80A0S

Buying Guide Banner

SLK

SLKSydney, NSW

Please bring this Model back

I had this oven for 4 years and it died recently in Dec 2020. I looked everywhere for a replacement, but to no avail. I bought (and returned) two replacements so far (including an updated Sharp model) but it failed to reached the desired convection temperature, as per design specification. I subsequently found an identical model at a seconds-shop which had minor scratches and bought it instantly (without any box or packaging). It now works just like my old oven. Please SHARP, bring back this great model.

Purchased in December 2020.

PatsDad

PatsDadGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great unit.

I've had this about 7 months and it has performed flawlessly. Simple controls even I can work out without having to run off to the instruction book. Versitile multi function means I rarely use the big oven any more. My wife is happy with the look of it as well.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers.

Mai N.

Mai N.Sydney

Multifunction

This microwave has microwave, grill and convection oven built into one unit. It's space saving for a small kitchen. Each module works great considering it's a multifunctional unit although wouldn't compare to a full-size oven. I was told the handle is better than the button to open the door as the button can get broken quickly.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Lois

Lois

Does the job

This microwave does not cook evenly. When I cook potatoes, they seem to be overcooked in one section and under cooked in another. I bought it for the multi function, but I would never use the grill to cook meat. Although it is good for making pizzas. You can't bake in it, everything burns on the top. It does work well on combo though and use this function a lot.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Beth K

Beth KBrisbane

Great convection microwave for the price!

We have had this Microwave for almost 12 months and cannot fault it. It gets used quite regularly for reheating and grilling. We use all the features - it heats and browns a frozen pizza perfectly and in half the time! More economical than using the oven for re-heating and baking. Very quiet, easy to clean and looks great in my kitchen. It's an excellent convection microwave for the money!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Stephanie

Stephanie

Multi Functions!

I picked this microwave as it has got grill and oven function. But to be honest, they dont work very well. But the heating function is alright. it is stylish and easy to clean. So overall it is a good microwave which can meet your daily usage needs. If you have a big family, it might not be big enough for you

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Cher

CherSunnybank Hills

Heats nicely

This microwave cooks well, heating my food adequately. The one-touch system of quick cooking is easy to use and saves time. It's not too noisy when heating and it has a reminder alarm after it finishes cooking, so you won't forget to open it. It's solid and performs as expected.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

the old one was better

I had a sharp convection microwave for many years....it actually died of old age and it was absolutely outstanding so I bought a new one. Yeah ok, it cooks.....BUT the elements are exposed so your forever cleaning them or you smell burnt food stuck to them.
Also, if my son is using the WiFi when the microwave goes on it blocks the signal.
Like I said, it cooks, but it has issues. I'm going to try a Panasonic next time.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

JasonSouth Australia, 5113

Can't do the basic functions its made for

Can't microwave and grill. This is 2 separate functions. You can only oven and grill

The double grill is a complete joke it doesn't do anything and you actually have to turn food when it prompts you.

Very disappointed and our other Belling model does more functions and better for less cost!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Jason

Unless you can reprogram it the microwave/grill option isn't going to change.

The double grill needs a rotating wire rack to be useful.

Lisianthus

LisianthusAlbany

Small space unit

I bought this unit after a more expensive competitor's brand started making funning noises within 4 years. In this model you get what you pay for. One min jumps should be 30sec and the food using different configurations just doesn't cook the same as my original convention oven. If your kitchen is limited by space then you'll probably like the unit.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Excellent convection - grill and M/Wave

Date PurchasedJune 2016

very poor indeed

This $310 microwave is less than 2 years old. It stops before the set time. All the lights go out on the control panel so it is not possible to reset it.
It is out of warranty so Sharp provides no assistance. A lot of time and money has been wasted installing it into our kitchen.
I will certainly never buy another Sharp microwave.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Unhappy with the product :(

It was working well for 8 months, then its stopped heating the food.
Smoke came out when the grilled turned on.
The heating sound and light is working perfect and we are
getting fooled again and again.
Lucky I didn't throw my old one, managing now with the old one .
I am also suggesting the sharp people to recall the product.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Mani
Mani

I lives in NZ, are you able to help me.

Anna

AnnaBrisbane

Does it's job

Bought this as a fill in while I waited for my wall oven.

As a microwave, it does its job and is more powerful than my previous one, so I am happy with that.
I feel that the convection part isn't as intuitive to use as it could be.
Also I don't like that the carousel turns for convection, it really limits the size you can pop into the oven.
Nonetheless, I have been happy enough with results for the dishes I have cooked.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Disgruntled

DisgruntledLaunceston

Don't waste your money! !!

It was faulty from day one.
The grill element comes on during convection cooking, causing burnt offerings.
It is a fire hazard..
I think Sharp should recall this model.
We had to convince the authorised repairers to try cooking something.
They did and sure enough, the fault appeared.
Pity they didn't believe me the first time I made the complaint.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Satdeo

Satdeoasked

My microwave oven model is R8080 S. The oven lamp has failed . How canit be fixed

Peter H

Peter Hasked

My R80AO(S) has an intermittent fault! - the timer knob sometimes works, and sometimes it doesn't! It is used only occasionally, and I have lived with this problem for sometime now - using mainly just the one minute reheat button. Clearly it is not "fit for purpose"! I am based in NZ, and the item was purchased from Briscoes, Kerikeri. Remedy please.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Peter, we are concerned to hear of your experience with this product. We have forwarded your email address to the concerned team, they will be contacting you soon.

Bec

Becasked

Hello,
We just unpacked our new model
R-80A0(S)
There is a slight curved dint on the left hand side top of the microwave over the door hinge. Is this supposed to be there or is the item damaged
Many thanks
Rebecca

Hi Bec,

If you could please send your contact details through to ccare@sharp.net.au, referencing this CRN 526802, a member of our team can troubleshoot and assist you accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Sharp Australia

Hi,
On my Sharp, there is a curved cutout at the hinge on the left-hand side of the Microwave. It's more a curved cutout than a dent, per say but it looks like a dent but is a cut-out at the hinge.
Cheers, Pete
oh, I took a photo of mine but there seems to be nowhere to post photos on here.

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

CategoryMicrowaves