Shindaiwa 285S / 352S

Shindaiwa 285S / 352S

285S and 352S

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Well balanced saw, fit for purpose without all the fancy branding hype and marketing

I was looking for a smallish saw suit for pruning and limbing but hesitant about buying the sub 35cc Stihls and Huskies (as much as i like their mid range saws) both the service guys in Stihl and Husqvarna outlet ( rightly or wrongly) said the current range of <35cc saws were really designed for low domestic use. Talking to municipal workers they recommended the Shindaiwa and I was fortunate enough to find a Shindaiwa 352s thats both made in Japan and with a bit more metal than the Stihl and Huskie.

Just powered up and even without being fully run in it seems to have sufficient power for a 16” bar. ... fingers crossed it remains a keeper

Purchased in July 2019.

Safety

This is perfect for me

Bought a 352s in 2007 and have it used it continually since... I heat with wood. I have had no trouble with it and its lightweight , for me, 83 years. Still going strong. The saw that is. I would definitely recommend buying another one. I live in the north eastern USA.

Date PurchasedSep 2007
moussa_t

moussa_tAU

Indestructible?

Hape

HapeHeelweg

Nice little saw

Very light saw, I have it for about 8 years now and its not used very much. However its been tortured by me on some occasions.
Other than new chains and bars no parts have been changed and it runs like new.
One star down because when its been laying around for a longer time you need to pull about 8 times even with choke on. This is because it needs to prime the fuel to the carburator.

Best Quality

Buy the origonal shindaiwas like the 352s and not the rebadged echo models and you will have a faultless saw. Look at them side by side, if you can't spot the difference in build quality right off you probably shouldn't be handling a chainsaw in the first place.

Keith

KeithHamilton

Stihl /Shindaiwa competition

Iv'e had 2 Shindaiwas. The first was stolen:0(.
My friend has a 20 inch Stihl chainsaw and told me how great it was.
We had a little race through some Australian tea tree.My shindaiwa went through 3 or 4 seconds quicker without any heavy pressure.I have an easy sharp 16 inch bar and chain which is a big help.
It's nice and light and well constructed. Great sales team in Hamilton
Nothing so far.

Mark Fort

Mark Fort

In comparison with many others it is a good design, easy to maintain, no oil leaks,

Have had a 352s for three years of 8 weeks x 4-5 hrs per day of 50-200 mm all angle cutting and have not found any faults yet. best is the twin air cleaner system and ease of maintenance.
Strong well made construction, easy starting every time. best air filter I have seen on any one of around 8 brands inc Swedish and German.
For use in very cold (frozen timber) conditions I would use a Swedish heated handle model.
Cannot fault it
The chain bar oil tank had a cork seal leaked which I replaced with 20 cent 'o'ring

Terrible

see above totally fed up, spent good money to buy a supposed good quality saw and got crap, and NO SPARES are available to the dealers
light easy to start
The service is non existant, they have been bought out by ECHO and the distributor has been changed, so NO SPARES are available to the dealers, I have had to have 2 Carbies replaced, and it has taken over a month in the shop they cannot get parts from All Power, they say tey dont have any [parts to send out.
I am totally pi..sed off will never buy another Shindaiwa product, should have stuck to my Stihl

coonrod1
coonrod1

I too purchased a Shindaiwa. It is junk. Every time I used it, it went to the shop. Will never buy another Shindaiwa or Echo product.