Shindaiwa 452s

Shindaiwa 452s

Well built powerful saw!

Bought this saw new just over 12 months ago and have cut approx 3 tonne of fire wood and limbed trees etc and have found this saw to be surprisingly powerfull and reliable seems the more i use it the more i like it ! Own other big name saws and the qaulity is on par with and some parts better than them and so is warranty 5yrs instead of 3 .so all in all very happy .

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Cuts redgum like butter

I only cut a small amount of timber, maybe two or three 7'x4' trailer loads per year. I have had the saw for a few months now to cut this year's timber (mostly redgum). It has been excellent. Dust from dry timber is no problem. I even had to cut some green timber from a large branch and the wet wood was no issue.

If there is one negative, it is that it doesn't start first pull when cold. I found the trick was about 3-4 pulls with full choke till you hear it start to engage, then 1-2 pulls half choke would normally start it. Once warmed up, it starts first pull every time.

Saw is very easy to clean and service and seems very well built. I see no reason why this shouldn't last me a lifetime.

Date PurchasedApr 2018