Shindaiwa 452s

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Well built powerful saw!

Bought this saw new just over 12 months ago and have cut approx 3 tonne of fire wood and limbed trees etc and have found this saw to be surprisingly powerfull and reliable seems the more i use it the more i like it ! Own other big name saws and the qaulity is on par with and some parts better than them and so is warranty 5yrs instead of 3 .so all in all very happy .

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Cuts redgum like butter

I only cut a small amount of timber, maybe two or three 7'x4' trailer loads per year. I have had the saw for a few months now to cut this year's timber (mostly redgum). It has been excellent. Dust from dry timber is no problem. I even had to cut some green timber from a large branch and the wet wood was no issue.

If there is one negative, it is that it doesn't start first pull when cold. I found the trick was about 3-4 pulls with full choke till you hear it start to engage, then 1-2 pulls half choke would normally start it. Once warmed up, it starts first pull every time.

Saw is very easy to clean and service and seems very well built. I see no reason why this shouldn't last me a lifetime.

Date PurchasedApr 2018