Shindaiwa T260X

Shindaiwa T260X

J.JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome

Wicked power and great speed feed function make trimming a breeze. Love this machine.
Make sure to be used with ordinary fuel, and not high octane stuff. It doesn’t like to run as good on the high octane. I like to go with 2.7mm line also, destroys even the toughest weeds!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Freddy

Freddynorth lakes, 4609 Australia

Disappointed

Bought the machine one year ago. About 1 month ago, it became harder and harden to start the engine. After servicing the machine and eliminating all usual suspects, the only thing left is to change the starter coil. Too bad that the distributor change means, that I have to wait for another 4 weeks or so. I just hope my spare machine won't let me down. Otherwise the performance has been average. It looses power when turned upright, which is very annoying. Won't buy another Shindaiwa.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

DruSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shindaiwa t260x review

The shindy t260x is an awesome whipper snipper/line trimmer/brushcutter/weed wacker/weed whip/weed eater/ very power full with the 24.1cc engine. Has heaps of grunt to tackle the toughest of brush. And is metal blade compatible nice and light for the home and commercial user. I love mine is the best. whipper snipper/line trimmer/brushcutter/weed wacker/weed whip/weed eater I’ve ever user.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Shindaiwa T260X compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Unreliable and inconsistent

Date PurchasedDec 2017
David B
David B

Average at best.

Purchased the T260x based on others experiences after owning both Stihl and Tanaka. I find the Shindaiwa average at best, especially when turned upright to do square edging, it loses power and torque. I would suggest it's great for a domestic product, but definitely not commercial. Look around you'll find better at its price.

love my shindaiwa

I have had my t260x for 7 years and worked it merecisely in my business. It has done approximately 3000+hrs,gone through 8 speedfeed assemblys and the only'major' has been a burn't out coil a primer bulb.Still goes hard,simply outstanding reliability,heaps of power for 98% of work most people would do . Can't do better

ecas1234

ecas1234

Brilliant

Greatest product I have ever owned. I have flogged mine in my lawn mowing business every day for two years with no problems.
I bought one as a spare but not sure if I will ever need it ! Why people buy cheaper heaps of crap from Bunnings and hardware stores I will never understand. This product will last 3 lifetimes of domestic work.
Buy one.

Find out how Shindaiwa T260X compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

gardener george

gardener georgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable hard working strimmer

I've had mine 13 years, the handle came loose about 6 years ago, and the lawn mower shop inserted an allen screw, to repair, had a new spool as the old one was really stiff, had a new primer build fitted !! had a break from using the strimmer for about 7 years, when i used a stilhl 32cc 4 stroke strimmer and then hondas umk425u 25cc 4 stroke strimmer, returned to using the shindaiwi as the honda wasn't really powerful enough, i use it daily for a couple of medium size gardens, strimming the lawns edges and the occasional whipper snipping
Reliable, quite powerful for a small machine
Minor maintenance , expected, repaired satisfactorily

How does the T260X perform

This is a great machine, starts easily, especially compared to others I have used. It runs perfectly and does the job very well.
I am not a fan of back breaking work, but I actually look forward to using this tool around the house and in the orchard. Its as pleasant as it can get.
reliable and easy to start.
Does not seem to have the fuel mix labled on the machine.