Simple Pure Soap

Simple Pure Soap

See the Best Hand Washes & Soaps in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Simple? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5

Tallowate ingredient is animal fat from cows and sheep. I will never use.

Tallowate ingredient would never use a product from animal fats on my skin. Never bought the horrible soap but now my mother will not ever again either. Read the ingredients and research but I knew from the smell of a relative why they needed to stop buying it.

Purchased in January 2019 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store.

Dave MacPhailWestern District, VIC

Used for 40 years

I have very sensitive skin and suffered acne as a lad. I found simple soap was the only soap that didn't agitate my skin. The good thing about this soap is that you can use it with a razor and lather it up with a shaving brush. You will need nothing else if you have this soap. I am 61 now and people cannot believe that's how old I am. I definitely put it down to using simple soap.

This is great for sensitive skin.

Have not been able to buy this product in a long time. Great to see it available at Chemist Warehouse once again. . A great soap for sensitve skin problems

Curley
CurleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good price

I brought this soap from the Chemist Warehouse for $1.99 for 3 cakes.I haven't use it is before so I am hoping that it does my skin good because I have very sensitive skin

lovelylegs
lovelylegsAngle Park

very good soap

We have been using this soap for a long time and it doesn't dry out my skin like some other soaps I just love it. and i would not change it.

Been using it for years

Great soap,
I have been using it as skin/body soap and instead of shampoo for years
Recently i bought it online at kogan.com at a pretty good price:
6 twinbars for $12 plus $9 delivery.

Simple soap

I love this soap. My skin reacts to most others. I have been unable to buy it at Woolworths for some time. Now even the pharmacies have stopped stocking it. Please bring it back.

Recommended by skin specialist. Am desperate to find something as good.

This soap changed my life.. Coming out of the shower I felt that my skin was completely cleansed of everything that causes irritation. Please advise if there is anything similar.

bring back simple soap

we my sisiter and i have not seen it in a while we use to buy it from the fragrance pop up shops but they are not stocking it .please big supermarkets bring it back for people like us who have sensitive skin.

Where is it???????

Now not available at Priceline, not even on line. Only in overpriced chain store chemists. Even then only in small quantities. It's needed for European skin in Tropical countries. Cleanses without drying the skin like parchment.

washedup
washedupAU

We need to bombard Woolies/Coles to get this back!!!

This is the ONLY soap that doesn't make my face break out! It was discontinued in Aus/NZ due to no longer being ordered by the big supermarkets. There are so many people like me who are desperately trying to source it. We need to bombard Woolworths and Coles with emails to get them to re-order from Unilever. Can't believe such a popular product has been discontinued . . . PEOPLE POWER!!! Use your voice to get it back!

Simple soap twin packs from uk supplier

I recently ran out of my stockpile i bought from chemist wharehouse last year when they had stock for a short time, i found a supplier in the uk and ordered 20 two packs, after a few days of using the UK supplied bars my skin is now reacting, the crazy itching all over has started. I was sceptical of the UK bars as they had a slight smell and have a different feel when used.
Clearly although the package says they have the same ingredients they DO NOT or the formula has been changed without changing the packaging.
If you buy online get a small amount you will know right away by the scent of the bar if it is the same as the old GOOD bars

Ruth
Ruth

Bring it back we need it, there is a difference between want and need!

Available at Chemist Warehouse

You can now buy Simple Soap at Chemist Warehouse at $1.99 for a pack of 2 bars and it's available online if that helps. My parents love it and won't use anything else

Pam FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Here's hoping

I stocked up on a less expensive brand of non-irritating soap some time ago and I have now run out. I'm going back to Simple soap because it's not as expensive as it was. Here's hoping they haven't changed the formula in some way to make it less expensive. My review is based on the Simple soap I used about five years ago.

Jon
Jonasked

So it appears Unilever have stopped making Simple soap. A disconnected line. What a pity and it goes to show the impact a multinational has when they have massive market share.

Take Simple and the bars of soap. It was a premium product with great loyalty. I cannot recall a single advertisement in the last decade. Yet it sold. Far inferior products in UL range are still available and deliver market share (probably at the expense of unit margin).

It is times like this that I hope for a divestment. Please UL, give Simple to a company that will appreciate the products and continue making and selling it.

Dave MacPhail

I know the soap was unavailable in Australia for a time but I have been able to purchase off and on through Evay and cheap as chips shop

tonia g.
tonia g.asked

Are you all using another ingredient in your soaps? I am from the Caribbean and I always buy your soap this batch I have a different smell which I don't like

William C.
William C.asked

Is the tallowate in simple soap of animal origin?