Simpson EZIset SWT6541

Simpson EZIset SWT6541

SWT6541 (White) and SWT6541M (Black)

THROW AWAY PRODUCT

Seems to be a common issue with this machine. Purchased new machine (5.5kg) in 2011 and thankfully took out the extended warranty. Machine had to be replaced in 2015. Replacement machine was than put into storage for 14 months and has only been used for 3 years. Seems to be a common fault that Simpson are not prepared to admit. Controls started flashing and beeping when the lid is put down and you can't change any of the settings. Lift the lid and you can change the settings, it stops flashing and beeping, put the lid down and it again flashes and beeps. Cost to repair $380 + labour. I contacted Customer Service but all I got was that there is only 2 year warranty on item. Thought they may have covered because it does appear to be a known fault. Live and learn, never again.

Purchased in April 2015 at Harvey Norman Physical Store.

Didnt last long

This has been a good machine , but after 4 years the digital display started flashing and did not work anymore. Repair estimate about $300. Im very disappointed, Ive always bought Simpson washers. The last one with manual controls lasted 20 years. I used it for general washing, nothing excessive.

Purchased in January 2015 for $500.00.

Noise Level

Works well for a time!!

Worked well over the warranty period, if you look at the questions on this site, there seems to be a faulty batch of machines where they scream to a halt and it seems to be electronic in nature. I have overseas visitors coming in the next few days and I want to offer them washing facilities so I'm forced to get it fixed. I hope it's a better price than one person who had a quote of $450 to repair theirs. So they are ok when they work, just don't rely on them. Undependable.

Edit: Just checked with a repair company and was told that this is a common problem with the Thailand built Simpsons and it was likely the main board - $300-400 to repair, about two thirds of the purchase price of $590. While looking for information I have seen this machine advertised as a clearance sale item, I'm not surprised. I'd think twice about buying this machine.

Purchased in July 2015 at Appliances Online for $588.00.

Noise Level
Hi GrumpyOldMan, Shannan from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the washing machine. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Shannan and quote ticket reference 865933. Thanks, Shannan

Not built to last .

Machine is only 38 months old. I only wash for myself and one child, so it certainly hasn’t been over used. it’s bedn looked after, clean the lint filter after every load. Always done a tub cleaning cycle on it regularly.
Machine has decided to flash and beep all control buttons on the panel while the lid is down and cycle has been selected. Lift the lid and it stops and correct cycle time displays. Put the lid down and the beeping starts again. There are already posts on here for this problem as well as a stack more when you google it- looks like a design fault that Simpson are not acknowleding. Definitely wouldn’t purchase another after this experience.

UPDATE Upon posting this I got the option to have Simpson contact me to resolve the issue before I published it. Okay, I thought I’d give them the benefit of trying to rectify this and show show customer support.
How wrong! I replied to their email on 4 Feb with the reference number if been given. No reply back. 48 hours later. I email again. No reply back. So I call the ‘customer care centre’ on 6 Feb
On hold 28 minutes.
Spoke to someone who was going to ‘speak to her manager when she returned to her desk’ and contact me back. That was 9.15 Wednesday morning 6 Feb It’s now nearly midnight Thursday. Nothing.
So it appears their ‘customer care’ is as poorly working as their machines.
Very disappointing Simpson.

ANOTHER UPDATE
14 Feb. I get a call. I’m at work and can’t talk. The lady said oh well we called you on 4 Feb and you didn’t answer. ( double checking diary I see I called them on 6th )
I said- well it’s now the 14th!!
And I can’t talk . Could you call me back please?
She said well if I don’t call you- you call me back.
Wow!!! This is just AMAZING service.
Sure I’ll call you from the laundromat I’ve been parked at for the past 2 weeks since your machine with a fault that has been reported on this ( and other sites) sits idly in my laundry!!

Having a fault with a machine is one thing. And these things happen.
Everything could have been worked out if the customer service team were doing some sort of job.
Absolutely disgraceful Simpson. And I’ll let everyone I ever meet know.

Purchased in November 2015.

Perfect size

I moved out of home roughly 6 months ago just bought a cheap one until I saved enough for a decent one. I was tossing up between the 6.5kg and a bigger one. I live by myself so I just went with the 6.5kg. So many different washes to choose from. Only thing you have to remember to clean the lint catcher every wash

Date PurchasedOct 2018

I am so happy to havevthis machine. Was facing so many issues with my previous lg washing machine. This is so easy to use. Even my mom can run this machine. It cleanistains and marks very nicely. I suggested my friend to upgrade her washing machine from samsung to simpson
I will highly recommend this to everyone in future. Thanks

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Good Basic Washing Machine

Does what it says. Minimal controls. I just need a washing machine that washes - bells and whistles not needed. Perfect for my requirements. Seems to take a long time to complete wash - over an hour - but maybe all washing machines are like that. I put anything and everything in this machine - although not together!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Terrible machine

We bought our machine from good guys after looking at the reviews in their website three weeks ago. Every time we wash clothes we have to level it. It rattles during the spin cycle start moving. Big sound come out and we had to stop 3 times before finish the cycle. Really unhappy and decided to wash clothes by hand. Contacted the Eloctrolux and mechanic is coming to have a look. Never ever buy again a simpson . Shame ... Australian made brand.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Shandi, Marina from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised with your Simpson washing mahcine is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Marina

Terrible program

I have had several previous Simpson washing machines and always happy with them. This machine however seems to have a nonsensical program. It stop starts, stop starts through the whole program for no apparent reason. Even when filling up, it stops and has a think for no reason. The "Regular Wash" cycle takes a ridiculous 1hr and 10 minutes. Surely this can't be right for a top loader. My previous Simpson machine took less than 40 minutes. Even the "Fast Wash" takes 45 minutes and with all the stop start, stop start, it only washes for a very short time and only one minute rinse. Also, you can't change the program at all after starting it. You can't decide to give a larger wash or a larger rinse etc. I gave feedback to Simpson and their warranty department contacted me to say it is working correctly. They didn't want to listen to my disappointment in their programming. So it isn't going to change. It seems whoever did the programming for this machine hates top loaders and wants it to take the same amount of time as a front loader. It seems to wash OK, but I have noticed my clothes wearing out much faster.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Andy, Julie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your washing machine. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with your washing machine. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Julie Thanks Julie

Best home appliance

Love this exactly like the old model I had reliable n uses small amount of water just set n forget quiet economical washes doonas as well as blankets amazing capacity gentle spin as well as ground in dirty clothes come out clean n fresh love the button settings as well as dial

Date PurchasedApr 2017

EZI washing !

Great little machine. Does the job well. A whole load of settings and has an option for every need. Stainless steel drum. Easy to clean the debris as well. Only negative about this machine is that the outer body seem to be made from very thin metal sheet. Will Recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Love doing washing

The name says it all, it’s very easy to use. Lots of settings but still so simple. I love how quick it washes it when I need a quick wash. And if I want a proper long wash it does it efficiently. It’s not very noisey either even when it beeps to let me know it’s finished. This washing machine is cost friendly and reliable!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Excellent and does the job

We are very happy with this machine it it so easy and simple to use it is gentle on the clothes of course you have to put plenty of water in giving the clothes room to move around the machine is reasonably quite it certainly no louder than other makes and it is just set and go so very simple it even lets you know when it is finished the wash

Date PurchasedJul 2011

Doesn't wash clothes and constantly stops working

Have had this machine for a few years, finally got sick of it and calling a technician to come and "assess" and I will be requesting a different machine replacement.
Constantly get clothes coming out dirtier then they go in and covered in lint. I empty the lint bit every time and have tried the instructions "tub cleaning" options. Doesn't help.

Machine has leaked & also takes twice the time stated on the machine to finish a load.

Would not recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Not too bad!

Cleans really well without ruining the clothes. My husband and I work pretty dusty and oily area and our work clothes are cleaned nicely by this brand without a worry. It can get sometimes loud but i think i fill it too much.
The only downside of it is that is water consumption. It meant to save water and energy but even in low water cycle, it takes almost 15 litres. We collect the water to use it in our garden...

Date PurchasedNov 2014

1 month after warranty is up, BANG.

This has been an easy to use machine and doesn't have any bells and whistles (which I didn't want in the first place) however machine now won't even turn on, It tries to, but it shuts down in less than half a second... hmm... check the warranty and... it ran out a month ago. How convenient for the retail industry... Never again Electrolux... bye now...

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi The Batman, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your SWT6541. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Super quiet and simple and cheap and light!

Positive : Very simple to use, looks clean and neat, very light, I love the plastic lid compared to my old steel one. Most important it is quite quiet.At the time of purchase it came with free detergent.
Negative: does get dirty quite easy, and is a bit expensive when i got it compared to now.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

My wife`s satisfaction and praise

The machine washes and rinses perfectlyand doesn`t wear out clothes.The machine is reasonably quiet.The controls are easy to read and simple to operateThere are so many settings on it you can`t go wrong,just set and forget.The lint collecter works a treat and the drawer for the washing powder makes it easy to put the exact amount in.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

I love this washer!

Have had this for 3 weeks and love it! It's VERY quiet (even on spin cycle) which is great 'cos I live in a unit. It's compact, easy to use and has a lot of wash options. It does take longer than my last washer, but only marginally. I would recommend it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Update on this post....... a week after writing this review the washer started making a racket on spin cycle! So much so, I couldn't hear the tv (I live in a small falt). I called customer service and organised for a tech to visit. A week later a new washer arrived. It's not as quiet as the 1st one was initially, but I can deal with it. I must also say the helpdesk person I spoke with was rather flippant. Maybe having a bad day, but I had a genuine complaint and deserved better service.

OK...BUT would source another machine

Bought this as it was on sale and it does wash the clothes very clean..but it is loud and there is no cycle under 40+ mins even the fast wash! When I say loud I mean like really loud the spin cycle sounds like some sort of engine and I actually rang to check that this was normal and it is!!! Also you can't change your water temps etc mid cycle which is frustrating if you want to change to cold for rinsing. Another irritating thing is the beep that tells you the washing has finished...it keeps beeping at intervals until you turn it off, meaning you can't put it on before bed (given the loudness of spin as well). The other thing I noticed is that auto water level is not always correct and it does tend to unbalance quite a bit with blankets.

Date PurchasedJun 2017