Simpson SDV Series

Simpson SDV Series

SDV401, SDV501 and SDV601

Best dryer!!

I’ve owned this dryer for years now, used every single day and never had an issue! They’re very reasonably priced and I’ve never had a massive power bill from them either. Highly recommend!!

Purchased at The Good Guys for $350.00.

Noise Level

Great

I thought my Hoover was good for lasting 31 yrs but this one is so much better at drying and doesn't blow dust everywhere like the last one. Good on electricity too. I'm a happy customer thus far. Can recommend to anyone needing a new dryer or wanting to update their old one. Price was reasonable too.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Reliable, quiet, quick drying and good price

Bought this new Simpson Clothes Dryer six months ago on special at $295.00. It has a capacity of 4 Kg. Very easy to mount on the wall. It has been very reliable with no fault so far. It has a front lint filter which is very handy to remove for cleaning. The internal drum tumbles clockwise and counter clockwise evenly through that helps the clothes from bunching and tangling together when dried. The rotary dial control with timer is very easy to operate. It also has an auto cool down feature which reduces creases in your clothes. Would recommend to anyone buying a new clothes dryer.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

A good product for the $ you spend

Purchased the 601 a few months ago and I have been happy with it so far. Our need was for washing and drying baby/children's clothes on muggy, rainy, non-sunny days.

Pros:
+ It handles the clothes with care
+ Easy to wall mount/inverted
+ not as loud as other vented dryers I've seen (when in operation)
+ Value for money/good price

Cons:
- Needs a venting kit or lots of ventilation (as with any vented dryer). Else it will soak up the walls and even leave puddles on the floor
- Dryer sheets are ineffective. Spits out the dryer sheets to the lint collector
- Even manageable / right loads take a long time to dry (the 150 minute cycle seems less)
- Does consume a fair bit of power (as compared to not having one. not when compared to other vented dryers)

On the whole a good purchase - value for money for anyone who needs to wash loads often.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Bigger than I thought

I dry everything, from my work clothes to sheets. I originally bought the dryer as I only had a couple of uniforms and when I have a night shift I needed to sleep not spend time doing laundry. But we discovered that it gets all the dog and cat fur off everything. For any delicates I use the cooler function setting so that it doesn't get damaged. I love how the dryer stops and turns the other way, sheets no longer get balled up and dry quicker saving money.

Can try it

If you are looking for dry dryers, you can try them. It's perfect for our needs. The drying machine has the basic control device, the use is convenient. Mainly in rainy days with my dryer. It has a very small voice and dries quickly. You can set the time you want it to run so that it can be manipulated on one side.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great dryer

I've found this dryer to be really reliable especially at it's price point. It's not ideal for really gentle requirements but for a family of 4 with loads of clothes to dry it does an excellent job. Does create a lot of moisture in the air though which is the only downfall. It's now 8 years old and going strong.

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Pretty good so far

Pretty good so far as I’ve had it for a month. It is 4kg and slightly longer to dry clothes compared to a smaller clothes dryer I’m use to. Although, these vented dryers are cheap, great for apartments and not too noisy. Very easy to get flint out which is in the machine unlike previous dryer which was on the outside. Dryer goes both ways which is fantastic so clothes will dryer well. Usually use higher temp and 90mins for a load of washing towels.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Simple machine and thus hopefully reliable

This is a basic machine, works well and takes us 90 minutes to fully dry an average load. Being simple is advantageous, as another reviewer puts it, it's just a drum, motor and heater element. No microcomputer board to fail and leave the machine useless and face uneconomical repairs.

We only owned it for 2 months thus far, however it's seen almost daily use (usually several loads) and hasn't skipped a beat. I do not see this machine letting us down until the motor burns out which will hopefully be a long way off.

The noise it makes is acceptable and its construction appears of a decent quality. Made in Thailand.

Quiet and quick drying.

I mainly It is so much use my dryer on rainy days. I also like to finish off my towels too leave them soft and fluffy. This dryer has easy to undrstand controls. The settings give you numerous options. I have dried heavy jeans to really delicate garments and it has done a marvelous job. It is so much quieter than my previous one.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Reliable family dryer

We have had this for many years and it has never failed us! Its only the 4KG version but its all we need. I try to air dry at least a little bit, even in winter and this gets used to finish off. Always arts up and gets nice and warm and its never needed a service after four years. Good reliable unit

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Great Product

Quite, easy to use and mounting it on the wall was a breeze. Clothes dry within a reasonable time, lint filter is easy to clean. Great price, no complaints at all. This is actually the 3rd Simpson dryer I have owed over the last 12 years, all 3 dryers have never let me down

Good dryer

First dryer we’ve ever owned, but it does the job. Dries the clothes in a reasonable amount of time. Quite light so easy to mount on the wall. Lint filter is easy to clean. Reasonably quite with the door closed. Good price, no complaints. Give it a try if you are looking for a new dryer.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Does its job

Im not a fan of drying clothes with an electric dryer, its an expensive way to do it.

So I use them when absolutely needed and try to hang clothes out first to take out as much moisture from them.
The machine does its job and considering it has only been used infrequently , I guess mine does not suffer as much stress each year.

Had it since 2015 , no problems developed but it had one issue. I inverted the unit to hang it up on a wall and this put the door out of sync a bit. Gravity made the hinges lower the door a bit so it needed to to be lifted up to merge with the door lock mechanism. This is a fault with the door bushing in my opinion, In the oriignal mounting or floor standing not an issue , only when turned upside down.

It has not made an issue with operation but seems to me they could have designed or tested it out better.
This is an appliance that gets used as least as possible , so from my opinion while I rate it well for what it does , it does not suffer the loading of other appliances

In fairness to the review and using it, the machine has worked ok for the time it has been used.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Excellent product

WE have had our Simpson clothes dryer for a couple of years. It is ideal for what we need. We had our daughter and her family staying with us and it was able to dry all the clothes and towels for 5 people. It is very economical too as it takes a shorter time than our old one. Love it. 10/10

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Easy to operate, good value, dries clothes

Had thie dryer for about 8 years. Cost about $300.
Actually dried things -full load of clothes within 1hr, towels/sheets 90min, baby clothes 45min. Used for multiple loads per week for its whole life.
Finally died this week. Bought one exactly the same.
Have used sensor dryers while on holidays and waited 6h plud for things to dry.

Date PurchasedMar 2010

Very effective dryer

My dad got us this and its brilliant. Perhaps the best thing about it is that its reverses as it tumbles - it means that towels do not end up wrapped in a hot ball after two hours! Its actually pretty quick as far as dryers go. It's a little smaller size so this may have something to do with it (less space to heat) controls are very simple and Simpsons are a reliable brand so i am very happy!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Best dryer I have ever owned

Dries the cloths in a shorter time than any other drier I have used. Doesn’t seem to cause as much condensation as others and I like the dial control. Simple to use and effective. I use it to dry a lot of large towels daily and it never skips a beat. Strongly recommend

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Big Dryer at a great price

The Dryer is the large size model. When buying a dryer you need to forget all the fancy electronics and go basic otherwise you will be forever replacing circuit boards. This dryer has all you really need, it drys your clothes with no fuss or fanciness. The dryer is quiet and has a reverse spin function to stop creases and tangles. the dryer has basic controls and is easy to use.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great 'classic; dryer - works well

This is our second Simpson dyer. I bought the last one in the late 90s and it has worked continuously until now. The only trouble we ever experienced was the belt slipping off after it was in storage. Great reliability! We have just bought pretty much the exact same one but in 6kg size . They are robust and simple. If this does 20 years of work too, I will be well and truly happy

Date PurchasedJun 2018