Simpson SWT1043

Simpson SWT1043

MPN: 36562656

Noisy noisy noisy and bad lint collector

This is my second Simpson washing machine and I'm really regretting my purchase. It's so noisy!! We live in a big house and I can hear if at the front door.... our laundry is at the back of our house. It was quiet for the first few weeks and then all hell broke loose with the noise. Terrible. I continually have to level the machine as it constantly gets out of balance and literally moves across our laundry floor. Our laudry floor is level by he way and we are a new build. I would really recommend you choose another product, not this machine. Also this machine has the worst lint collector ever. Just like their last model its impossible to clean and lint gets stuck in the fabric. It also gets mouldy even though I clean it after each wash and lift the lid to dry the machine after each wash use. I have no idea why I chose this terrible machine. Mistake!!

Purchased in January 2018 for $779.00.

Good washer, but...

No complaints with the machine, mostly. But, for the love of god, I wish I had known what "active wash" was before I brought this machine. It mixes water into washing powder before dispensing into wash.
It achieves this by turning water inlet ON and OFF in rapid succession. I have issues with water hammer at my place and this thing is a nightmare when it runs. The "feature" cannot be turned OFF either.
So, in closing, if you have water hammer issues, get a machine without "active wash".

Purchased in August 2018 for $800.00.

Noise Level

Not as good as the old one

Just had this machine delivered last week and already I'm noticing little niggly things that make it a bit inferior to its predecessor.
1. There is no soak option -- if you have really soiled items that could benefit from a good soak in Napisan before going through a full wash, the only way you're going to get that with this machine is by running to the laundry and pressing "Pause" once the water has filled up. And then when your load has soaked enough and you're ready to commence the actual wash, go ahead and press "Pause" again. It's only a matter of time before I head out the front door with a load on soak which I've completely forgotten to restart.
Apparently the soak option is only available on a different model but I had to purchase this one to discover that nugget of info because nowhere in the descriptions online or in-store (yes I did both before purchase) did it mention the lack of a soak on this one.

2. The beeping sound to signal the end of a wash has been factory set to barely audible -- our previous Simpson had a really loud reminder beep that went off every few minutes to remind us to hang out the load. And some days even with the loud reminder, we'd still forget to empty the machine.
The instructions on this new machine say the "end of cycle beep" has been factory set to low and you can't override it -- bravo Simpson, for such a stupid move. Why on earth would you set a reminder beep to low?? I can only imagine the amount of re-washing we'll be doing in future as we progressively forget that the machine was even on, let alone empty it.
To Simpson's credit, this machine is whisper quiet compared to our old Simpson -- when I close the laundry door, I barely even realise it's on -- but without an audible reminder alarm in the background of our household noise, there will be days when I will definitely forget that the machine is even on. Hello big water and electricity bill!

Pros: beautiful compact design, with glittery toughened glass lid make it look pretty special in my laundry
Cons: end of cycle beep is way too soft; no soak option

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online for $859.00.

Noise Level

We hope it's as good as our old Simpson.

We have gone back to Simpson after buying 2 other Brands that died straight after the warranty ran out. These were Samsung and just now an LG Turbo Drum, which both were not economical to fix. In fact repair costs on those 2 machines was more than the purchase price new. We had 2 Simpson washers prior to that, which both lasted about 10 years each. Not sure if this one can repeat, but the simple sturdy design seems very familiar. Another thing I liked, was that this 10KG Simpson uses 50% of the Electric and 5 litres less Water per wash than our 8.5KG LG it replaces, whilst costing about the same to purchase. ( 350KW/ Year as opposed to LG's 711 KW's per year). Only downside was that when unpacked, there were 2 dents on the lower body, but luckily are out of sight. There was no obvious damage to the packaging though. Fingers crossed it now lasts more than the average 2 years.

Purchased in January 2019 at Domayne Physical store for $714.00.

Not Impressed!!

I had no problems with this machine until just over 1 year after purchase of the SWT1043 when the machine started leaking out of the bottom. Called Electrolux and was on hold for 30mins only to be told a technician couldn't come out for just over a week. Spoke to technician on the phone before he came and he asked me to explain what was happening and straight away he said he knew what the problem was before looking at it as it was a common problem with this machine. When he arrived he took a quick look and told me that it was a hose that had split because when they made the machine the hose was too rigid and after a period of time had split. He then told me he would have to order a new one and it would be another week before it would come in, I would have thought that hose would be something they stock all the time if this was a common problem. When it came time to organize for him to come back out he was very inflexible with times as I work. I even offered to leave the laundry door unlocked as you can't access my house from the laundry but it still took him a week and half to come back out. Hose was replaced and the first load I did the machine failed saying it was out of balance which seemed like a simple problem. My husband leveled the machine and it still wouldn't work. Called Electrolux again and it took another 4 days for the Technician to come back, he said he didn't even have to look at it to know that it was the motherboard this time and said it was just a coincidence that this failed after he fixed the first problem. Have now been told that he will call Electrolux and have a new machine delivered after already being without one for 1 month. Stay tuned.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
So we never heard back from Electrolux so my husband had to chase it up himself. Turns out they can't provide me with a washing machine until the end of February because they are out of stock that's how bad the customer service is. When my husband told them that wasn't good enough and after a lot of arguing and a lot of expletives we were offered a store credit with Bing Lee to purchase another machine but they had the hide to tell us we would have to pay for our own delivery!! Electrolux would have to have the worst customer service ever, steer clear of them I say. I will be purchasing my own machine this weekend and demanding a full refund and if I don't get it straight away, it's off to Fair trading I go. .

Best machine

I’ve always had a Simpson -my first one lasted 10 years then I purchased a different model just to update as it started to go yellow and I had a new renovated laundry-I bought a heir and that was the worst mistake I ever made - it lasted 2years- I went back to get my good Simpson and now it’s been 2years and I’m loving it

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Interrupt the wash without 'dumping'!

I looked at all the large washing machines generally available to me, and settled on this SWT1043 because it could handle my large wash requirements....and.... it was the only brand that I could find that would allow me to interrupt the wash cycle at any point, without the washing machine 'dumping' it's wash load. Some machines even start the wash completely over again if interrupted ! (Grrrr!). It has a good choice of wash cycles, and has been operating well for the last 11 months.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

New washing machine - bottom of price range.

So far, so good. It's easy to use and washes well, but a bit slow for regular cycle with extra rinse. But the real test will be whether it is still OK after 10 years. Only my wife and myself, so not heavy use. I will report back in 10 years or sooner if it fails.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Simpson washing machine.

Very disappointed with this machine. Machine starts to fill up only just wets the clothes before starting cycle with no water in it. I paid for extra warranty and although it’s still under it’s normal warranty I have to go through the process of contacting the extra warranty team. I had to leave work early because the mechanic won’t come after 3 pm. He then arrived at that time anyway. Looked at machine I put a load on showed him what’s happening. He ordered parts. Yesterday after 1 week he came back. Replaced the parts I’ve now put a load of washing on still having the same problem.when your paying $1000 for a machine this shouldn’t be a reacurring problem. The mechanic said this is a problem with this model. So if that’s the case replace my machine with something that will work and take this model off the market. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Nye, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.auwithreference 71033 attention Rumana We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, RumanaStill having the same problem with machine not filling up. Tech came out on the 6.12.18 with new parts again and the problem still occurred while he was here. He left to go back and request a new one for me. Then closed down for Christmas break so I was left one month without any information or a working machine until today 7.1.19 when they opened and I contacted them now want to come out again with more parts. I want a refund I want this machine out of my house. Very poor customer service I’ve been put on hold continuously paperwork has gone missing and no help what so ever.Noises are getting louder everytime the tech fixed another part sounds like a plane taking off in my house

OK

We have recently purchased this machine & so far it has been average / a bit disappointing.
The size is great - suits our clothes & linen! The range of wash cycles is great as well although we have had to stop our loads mid wash due to the movement/noise from the machine. It has been levelled / checked 3 times and it continues to move and even chipped our wall! We are waiting to hear back about a refund

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi, Julie from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the machine. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Julie. Thanks, JulieThank you Julie, I have just emailed customer care

Do not trust your new washing machine against flooding your house

Purchased new Electrolux/ SIMPSON Whirlpool SWT1043_15/9 from Mornington Vic Harvey Norman store with $3k other items. All delivered and machine installed. First wash machine flooded laundry bedroom and hallway of our newly laid expensive carpets. Rang Electrolux immediately who sent out a technician the next Monday. Unable to repair and he wanted to organize replacement. We do not want another Electrolux product - no confidence so requested full refund. Their customer service advised we could have a machine refund but not the $2k plus repair bill including $500 insurance excess.
The ELECTROLUX customer service rep [name removed], advised that we could not even have machine refund until I send them an original bank statement to verify our account numbers, and the machine is picked up-its been 3 weeks and they will not get it out of our laundry!!- More hoops to jump. I find this company a bad representation for Harvey Norman company and hope you consider carefully dealing with this product. Chinese crap not checked properly before delivery. No longer australian made beware!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Baz, Julie from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Julie? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Julie

Worst machine ever with even poorer customer service

Worst machine i have ever owned, with even worse customer service.
- Clothes come out the machine with dry patches
- leaves lint all over clothes
- machine stopped working after 16 months, motor failure and circuit board failure. Took several weeks for a mechanic to come and look at it. Currently at 5 months and counting awaiting for the machine to be picked up and my refund processed. Currently in discussions with Fair Trading Australia due to failure to reply to emails and phone calls

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi Rhonda, this is Zaida of Electrolux Customer Care. I'm so sorry to hear that this has occurred for you and will give you a call now to further discuss. Kind regards, Zaida

Good family workhorse

We have been using this for over two years without complaints. It a big and simple washer that can take a large load. Its probably NOT the world most water efficient due to being a top loader and large in size. I really prefer this style as I can adjust the wash as it goes through and ad bleach etc. I just use regular wah and let it do its thing. Clothes are spun quite dry for a top loader at the end of the cycle. It is not fancy but its good and reliable.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

This machine is awesome!

This machine is just brilliant. 10kg capacity means less loads per week for me. Has delayed start, can create favourite washes, reasonably quiet, simple and straight forward to use. Love the soft closing lid. It premixes the detergent with water before applying to wash, great idea! DOES NOT GO OUT OF BALANCE!!!! Well worth the money. I cannot have a front loader as I cannot bend and lift weights and this top loader is brilliant. I am not experiencing the pipe banging other people have mentioned. It has done at least a dozen loads since I got it and they have come out clean, untangled, spun almost try and no marks or residue. Wished I had bought one before the crappy FP I had which I was extremely glad to see the back of! Would 100% recommend this machine.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

A good all rounder.

This machine cleans very well so long as you don't over load it. It is a quiet machine, probably too quiet because l always forget l have it on and have to re-rinse clothes before l hang them out, to stop wrinkles. My fave feature is the easy to access and clean lint collector. Well done Simpson!

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Give me the old Simpson's anyday

Bought the SIMPSON 10 KG SWT1043 12 months ago, and day one, the thing played up.....Would not fill up! Had to turn it off at dial, and power point, and reset it! Harvey Norman then bought out a huge F/Paykel machine, that was faulty....Lid locked, and you couldn't unlock it, unless you turned it off and fiddled around with the settings etc. They came out and got that one, and bought back another Simpson 1043. From that day, machine has never filled up properly., what ever setting, and yes, machine is very level. I complained so much, H/N let me keep the machine, gave me my Funds $$$ back, and voided all warranty etc! Now today, the 21/7/18, the machine just 1 yr old, the water inlet hose has split in 2 places! Very poorly built machine, nothing, nothing like the old ones! My last machine, Simpson, lasted 10 yrs! So, this has really turned me off the brand! On the plus side, i had no complaints about the state of the clothes that were washed. And it couldn't wash bigger quilts, unlike the older model.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Worst appliance and service from Electrolux

Do not buy one of these washing machines. The front panel on our new machine failed within 3 days from new, after being on hold with Electrolux service for 35 minutes, they arranged for a service person to come out. The service person determined it needed replacement so a replacement was organised. The replacement was delivered where the installer did not set up the machine, left the plastic straps underneath which caused the machine to bounce all around our laundry and the hot water hose now leaks. Mud was left in our laundry from their boots and they broke our soap holder, which they offered to pay for but at the time I said it was ok. I later found they left the all the broken glass from the soap holder on the floor under the machine... This is the worst appliance and customer experience ever received...

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Craig C, Zaida of Electrolux here. I am sorry to read of your experience and appreciate the feedback. If you would be willing to discuss this further with us, could you please email customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Product Review Feedback | | Please call to discuss." Please include your full name and number, copy and paste your comments above, and once received, we'll give you a call. Thanks in advance.

The instruction book is written in gibberish

I have just had this machine installed today and, like a good customer, consulted the User Manual to find out how its operation differs from that of my previous Simpson washing machine The instructions have obviously been partly lifted from an existing booklet, and new bits have been added by someone without a command of even Standard English. The result is not only irritating but incomprehensible in parts. There is a Delay End feature which mystifies me: "You can set your washing machine to nish your wash at a later time you specify....'. On the diagnostic help page, the first description is "Not lling with water." On page 14 there is a sentence "it will disable power on sound also'. I have no idea what this means. Every single page is scattered with spelling and grammar errors. It is not only an embarassment to read, but, as I said above, incomprehensible in parts.
Why has Electrolux allowed this garbage to be released? Don't they even care enough to have someone edit and polish their instruction booklets so they are of a professional standard? This is a long way below what we should be able to expect from Electolux.
I tried to call Electrolux to complaint about the User Manual, but all that happened was that I was put on hold for half an hour.
OH, and I haven't had a chance to use the machine yet.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

I m a fan of top loaders!!!

This machine is amazing short and long cycles leave your clothes intact, doesn't waste water or electricity is absolutely the quietest on the market and even delicates come out intact!!! You would not find another one as efficient for this price, I have tried, Bosh and Hoover and they were too noisy for my liking, clothes came out nice but also used too much electricity !!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Does the job.

This machine was a replacement for our old simpson that lasted 10 years. We hope that we can get the same out of the new one. One of the problems that we have found with this one is the cap that sits on top of the agitator has split after only the first week, apart from this great machine quite and efficient.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Crackers Marina from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Marina