Simpson SWT1043

Simpson SWT1043

MPN: 36562656

End of wash buzzer not audible, need to buy a kitchen timer.

Purchased in June 2019 for $800.00.

Hi Wendy,
Narelle from Electrolux here.
If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Narelle (Ticket 1097736)?

yvemarieSydney, NSW

Simple to use but a great top load washer!

I bought this top Load washing machine SWT1043 2 years ago in Bing Lee. Until now it never let me down. It washes all types of clothes from my working, sensitive, delicate to simple clothes. Its a 10kg one so even my Queen size heavy bedding it is giving me good results. I am satisfied with the water rating and it has a product feature called Active Boost wash system that uses less amount of water and is more energy efficient during th washing process. I am satisfied with the cycle time feature, as well. My advise to my fellow consumer is that read the manual well and follow the advises on how to maintain a product. I recommend this top load washer.

Purchased at Bing Lee.

Daniel MCCullough

Daniel MCCulloughPerth, WA

Large, Efficient, Easy to use

I got this washing machine for my parents as there's had blown up.

It was a massive improvement from the last one (size wise and efficiency)

It has an amazing water rating and consumes very little power.

The size of the machine being 10KG allows us to fill the machine with 10KG of washing, this has cut our washes per week down by almost half !

The only issue I have with it is, the sound output, it isnt as quiet as the last one, however you get used to the noise, and the agitator is a bit large, I would've liked it if it didn't have one.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $795.00.

MarnieB

MarnieBSouthwest, VIC

Top loads for a top wash !

Wonderful machine with great wash results no matter how light or heavy the load. Have never had to rewash one item ever. It handles soft wash to heavy bedding. Washes & rinses perfectly. Many choices of cycles with easy to use settings.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $830.00.

Dryer TypeElectrolux EDV5051 / EDV6051 / EDV7051

Monty1089

Monty1089Sydney, NSW

A good washing machine but with a lot of negatives. Please read my full review!!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $795.00.

Gracee

GraceeSydney Surrounds, NSW

It terrible will not do as it is told

It is terrible will not do as it is told, the product's features/controls.
It is slow & stops for no reason, locks and reset is nearly impossible.
When you wash clothes you sort the load you want to turn a knob and the machine works.
It also leaves marks on dark clothes. I bought the 10kg as my previous 9.5k was a very good machine yes electronic but this model has gone to far. Previous model had a low wash that was low, on this machine low is where medium should be. The old machine was low, medium, high & extra high. Would love to get my money back.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $945.00.

Bad Experience

Purchased in May 2019.

Dianne.Albert Hotel

Dianne.Albert HotelWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

THE WORST WASHING MACHINE ON THE MARKET

Purchased in July 2017.

Louise

LouiseQueensland

Noisy noisy noisy and bad lint collector

Purchased in January 2018 for $779.00.

Brad

BradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good washer, but...

No complaints with the machine, mostly. But, for the love of god, I wish I had known what "active wash" was before I brought this machine. It mixes water into washing powder before dispensing into wash.
It achieves this by turning water inlet ON and OFF in rapid succession. I have issues with water hammer at my place and this thing is a nightmare when it runs. The "feature" cannot be turned OFF either.
So, in closing, if you have water hammer issues, get a machine without "active wash".

Purchased in August 2018 for $800.00.

Mel

MelPERTH

Not as good as the old one

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online for $859.00.

Downunder 01

Downunder 01South East Queensland, QLD

We hope it's as good as our old Simpson.

Purchased in January 2019 at Domayne Physical store for $714.00.

mozz67Sydney

Not Impressed!!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Samar

Samar

Best machine

I’ve always had a Simpson -my first one lasted 10 years then I purchased a different model just to update as it started to go yellow and I had a new renovated laundry-I bought a heir and that was the worst mistake I ever made - it lasted 2years- I went back to get my good Simpson and now it’s been 2years and I’m loving it

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Pip S

Pip SAU

Interrupt the wash without 'dumping'!

I looked at all the large washing machines generally available to me, and settled on this SWT1043 because it could handle my large wash requirements....and.... it was the only brand that I could find that would allow me to interrupt the wash cycle at any point, without the washing machine 'dumping' it's wash load. Some machines even start the wash completely over again if interrupted ! (Grrrr!). It has a good choice of wash cycles, and has been operating well for the last 11 months.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
gward1211

gward1211Sydney

New washing machine - bottom of price range.

So far, so good. It's easy to use and washes well, but a bit slow for regular cycle with extra rinse. But the real test will be whether it is still OK after 10 years. Only my wife and myself, so not heavy use. I will report back in 10 years or sooner if it fails.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Simpson washing machine.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Nye

Noises are getting louder everytime the tech fixed another part sounds like a plane taking off in my house

E SmartBaldivis

OK

We have recently purchased this machine & so far it has been average / a bit disappointing.
The size is great - suits our clothes & linen! The range of wash cycles is great as well although we have had to stop our loads mid wash due to the movement/noise from the machine. It has been levelled / checked 3 times and it continues to move and even chipped our wall! We are waiting to hear back about a refund

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Thank you Julie, I have just emailed customer care

BAZ

BAZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not trust your new washing machine against flooding your house

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Rhonda

Rhondaocean grove

Worst machine ever with even poorer customer service

Worst machine i have ever owned, with even worse customer service.
- Clothes come out the machine with dry patches
- leaves lint all over clothes
- machine stopped working after 16 months, motor failure and circuit board failure. Took several weeks for a mechanic to come and look at it. Currently at 5 months and counting awaiting for the machine to be picked up and my refund processed. Currently in discussions with Fair Trading Australia due to failure to reply to emails and phone calls

Date PurchasedOct 2016
ELECTROLUX ..Simpson

Hi Rhonda, this is Zaida of Electrolux Customer Care. I'm so sorry to hear that this has occurred for you and will give you a call now to further discuss. Kind regards, Zaida

Tanasked

Hi there my machine is showing error E40
Please help

yvemarie

HI Tan..If you have your user manual with you, its on page 32. The E40 means Lid cannot lock or unlock so that is a problem . It says if the problem is repeated, call Service. I hope this information may help you.

Cheryl P.

Cheryl P.asked

Hi purchased a simpson inverter swt1043 washing machine 10kg from the good guys was delivered 23/7/2019 ok so I'm having trouble with the fabric dIspenser i put softener in this section as have measured it so I would know if it is getting used or not I have tried many ways of doing this with the plastic cap on and with out it off with softener filled to the max, half way , even very low I'm running the cycle quick 20 and after many washes still no fabric softener is getting used I rang the company and was told to push down the plastic cap as I told them I have done this many times with it on and with it of with it pushed down and still no fabric is getting used on the quick 20 cycle so I went back to good guys with the whole dispenser and was given one from a display model and was told not to use fabric softener at all and do not use the plastic cap at all so I did what the sales man said with the cap of but did put in fabric softner as i want to use softener and again not working this is not right I should be able to use it if I want to he said dont use it to me it was bad for machine and my cloths couldn't believe what i was hearing he said this statement to get rid on my problem and me so I came home and use the replacement dispenser I was given with and without cap on, full and not so full levels of fabric softener still using the cycle quick 20 this is not right payed near $900 for machine that is a few days old and get this problem not sure what to do if this cycle does not use fabric softener well that would fix the problem but if it is supposed to I would like to know have hunted down the net for answers seen pictures of the dispenser with the plastic cap on as well as fabric softener in dispenser but no info on my problem how do I solve this could you please help like I said above if this cycle quick 20 does not use the fabric softener liquid then so be it please could some one help thank you very much

Ruth W.
Ruth W.

You need to push the cap down before putting fabric softener in the dispenser. No fabric softener is used for eco or fast rinse options.

wazasked

Has anyone else had issues with the machine creasing clothes excessively? Our machine spins long and hard to a point that the clothes are almost dry when the spin cycle after the wash cycle finishes. Then it does the same again after the rinse cycle. As a result even wash and wear clothes have to be ironed. Adjusting the spin speed seems to have little affect. Any ideas?

Giovanna C.
Giovanna C.

Mine has the same problem, have you found a solution?

waz

After emails back and forth to Simpson where I was basically told you need to iron your clothes anyway and the program is set and Simpson cannot do anything about it, I did find a solution to my problem. I still cannot believe that Simpson believe a 16 minute spin cycle is necessary and a 6 minute rinse cycle is sufficient and they cannot change a computer program to adjust the settings. Anyway, I am wiser for the experience and hopefully will not get caught again in the future. My solution was to program a favorite to wash in cold water with no spin. This means the clothes cannot go straight into a dryer but that works for me. The other option I found is to put everything through a dryer after they are spin to within an inch of their use by date. That also seems to get most of the creases out as long as you do not overload the drier and the clothes can move around freely. Just another added expense in terms of electricity. Hope that helps you.

Get an answer from our members and Simpson representatives

CategoryTop Loading Washing Machines