Simpson SWT8043

Simpson SWT8043

MPN: 36562655

Worst purchase ever

Takes way to long to fill. Draws on the pipes for no reason. extremely noisy and clunky. Auto level is wrong and you cant change it afterwards to add more water. Hard to press buttons. Nothing like the old simpsons.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $697.00.

DawnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very unhappy with this machine

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $697.00.

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst. Experience. Ever.

Bought a Simpson washing machine from E & S Trading, and it turned up completely banged up and scratched. So we waited another week for another unit to be delivered. After one use that unit started to leak water all over our laundry floor. We got a full refund. Never buy from E & S trading or this model.

Purchased in September 2019 at e&s.

Noise Level

Dont buy - not a good machine

Would agree with many reviewers - very noisy machine, washes are preset and not able to change cycles and water levels. Wash cycles are very long. Nothing like my previous machines. Have had mine for three weeks and dial and error codes started appearing after one week. Now have to have a service call - would not recommend this machine.

Purchased in August 2019.

ELECTROLUX ..Simpson

Worst washing machine I have ever used

Purchased in December 2018.

Trishamama

TrishamamaPerth, WA

An absolute shocker of a washing machine. I'd love to return it as it's still in warranty.

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $636.00.

Heidi

HeidiPilbara, WA

Unhappy

Twice now the hose has split and has flooded my laundry. This is in only 8 months of purchase and adhering to the weight size guide with all loads of washing. Disappointed is an understatement.

Purchased in November 2018.

JohnWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

WHAT A LEMON

Had my new machine for 1 day could not even complete 1 wash.When attempting to spin it twists clothes around agitator and bundles the rest to one side.Displays code EFO despite being perfectly level and firm. At the same time what I assume to be the gearbox creates a terrible grind.Bought it Saturday be asking for a refund Monday.JOHN from Gympie

Purchased in August 2019 for $650.00.

Worst washing machine I’ve purchased

I purchased the Simpson SWT8043 a year ago, water now leaks on the floor as soon as it starts to fill as I live in a remote area I contacted our local white goods repair man who told me that the water intake hose inside the machine will have a split in it, he said he’s fixed several of these machines with the same problem. Not good enough I say, unfortunately he has had an accident & can’t work the closest authorised service agent is over 100km away & will not come here as I have no way of taking my machine to him I’m stuck with a machine I can’t use.

Purchased in June 2018 at Home & timber hardware, Jurien Bay, for $855.00.

KelNSW, 2325

Very Disappointed

I took delivery of my Simpson 8kg top loader SWT8043 yesterday 3/7/19. It's the noisiest washing machine I've ever experienced. The laundry is at the back of the house, I close the laundry door & the back door & I can still hear it in the lounge room at the front of the house 12 meters away, I need noise cancelling earmuffs. It makes very loud banging & clunking noise & grinding noise as though the gears are not meshing.
When filling it stops & starts takes forever to fill & as for the auto fill it's a waste of time it under fills & I have to turn the machine of than back on to select manual filling level. 1hr + to do a load is a bit long. I wouldn't recommend this washing machine!!!

Purchased in July 2019 at Betta Electrical Maitland NSW for $678.00.

Livio

LivioPerth, WA

Hate it!

Took delivery today. First wash and the thing will not spin, keeps coming up with out of balance error. Redistribute the clothes in the drum, restart the cycle and goes out of balance again. Lift the lid and the clothes are all bunched on one side of the drum. Have tried at least a dozen times to event he clothes out in the drum but no matter what I do it goes out of balance and throws all the clothes to one side of the drum! Had to reconnect my old machine to do the spin dry. NOT HAPPY!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $499.00.

oneteaspoon

oneteaspoonVictoria

Highly disappointed

We replaced a 16 year old Hoover with the Simpson 8kg top loader. The old machine would wash a full cycle in 35-40mins now it takes 1 hour & 4 mins. When filling with water it stops & starts, can take over 5 mins to fill, even on auto fill. The machine is sooo loud making like clunks & it sounds very sick. Once started you cannot change cycle options. You can’t see what stage the cycle is at. Very disappointed.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Ron

RonPerth, WA

Hate it!

My first Simpson lasted 20 years and I loved it. This was followed by a Whirlpool for the next 20 years, so I thought it time for a new one. My focus was on size and price and the only reason I give this product one star if for those reasons. Why do I hate this machine? Stop start water fill which is unnecessary and bangs pipes, the auto fill where some clothes don't even get wet so always choose manual fill, can't open the lid to see what's happening (check water level etc), can't change mind about cycle once started. Most of all, a quick (ha ha) cycle is 45 minutes!! A normal cycle is more than an hour!! I do 4 or 5 loads on a Saturday. Kiss my weekend goodbye for a stupid bl--dy washing machine. I wished I'd repaired my old machine

Purchased in March 2019 for $800.00.

Wendy N.

Wendy N.North Queensland, QLD

Not impressed...

This machine won’t allow an override on cycles so that I can change the time, water level or load capacity. Not enough water on auto fill and cycles are too long. Loved my previous Simpson with manual controls this machine is very inflexible . Now it is leaking water when filling and is only 4 months old. All hoses seem to be intact ... would not recommend .

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $879.00.

JaneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst washing machine I have ever had

I replaced my wonderful 7.5 KG Simpson EZI washing machine 3 months ago with this useless Simpson 8.0 KG machine.
I find not enough water fills when on automatic, mainly for sheets and towels. I wash in cold water but I can't use the regular wash of 45 minutes as it won't allow me to fill the machine to full, the automatic chooses how much to fill. I have to use a cold water wash which takes 1 hour and 2 minutes, that is crazy for a wash to be that long, a 45 minute wash is great. My previous machine allowed me to choose whichever load I wanted. If I choose a load and decide to change it, it pumps any water which is in the machine out and refills. I am so disappointed with this machine, I would not recommend it to anyone

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Blacktown for $857.00.

navag

navagSouth East Queensland, QLD

High quality construction.

Have just taken delivery and am very impressed with the ease of operation and function and quality construction. Simpson/Electrolux products are always high quality and a fair price. I will give it some months of operation and will report back.

Charlotte W

Charlotte WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Washing machine is ruining our clothes! School uniforms are looking rough from it!

It has not collected one speck of lint since we bought it two months ago. It is wound too tight and rough with clothes. Clothes are profusely wrinkled after a wash.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

Tez MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Noisy and internal hose split - water all over floor. Only 18 months old!

Terrible machine! VERY noisy...and after only 18 months the internal hose has split putting water allover the floor. Ill bet it is not a quick cheap fix.... never again! My old washing machine lasted 12 years!! They make them badly now on purpose, so you have to buy new ones. Won't be a Simpson!

Purchased in May 2017.

ELECTROLUX ..Simpson

Hi Tez M, Zaida of Electrolux here. I'm sorry to hear this has occurred with your SWT8043 washer. Would you mind PRIVATE MESSAGING me your number and I'll give you a call to discuss? Thank you and kind regards, Zaida.

Tez M

Hello Zaida... where do I personal message you? This looks like a public platform. Also, before I give you my number, how do I know you are from Electrolux?
Kind regards,

Kaylene Rogerson

Kaylene RogersonPort Hedland

Best top loader

We are a household of 6. We wash things from Single bed sets to King bed sheet sets, double bed dooner, kids clothes, delicate clothes, work clothes covered in iron ore dust. Our machine hasn't skipped a beat. Its so easy to use. Controls are very clear and straight forward. I always wash delicates in bra bags but from how I wash my delicates I have had anything damaged. Cycle times are great. We have gone from a front loader to a top loader and I absolutely love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

not happy

not happyHobart

Clean all round

This washing machine is large 7kg and easy to use even for the beginner it has 11 settings regular, fast wash, colours, heavy duty, bedding, woollens, drain and spin, cold wash, delicates, hand wash, rinse and spin, all wash cycles take around 100 mins but the fast wash is 40 mins the spin cycle dry clothes amazing and washes clothes great very good washing machine long lasting

Date PurchasedSep 2016

David

Davidasked

Good afternoon Team, can you please provide advice on our Simpson SWT8043. The machine goes through the wash cycle but will not advance to spin cycle. I have checked the pump and hoses and they are clear with no blockages. I have also attempted to run just the spin cycle but again no luck. Can you please provide advice on how to resolve this issue. All the best. David

Dawn

I'd ring Electrolux and the store that you bought it from and get them to come out and have a look at it if it's still under warranty. I posted a review last week about the problems I had with mine. Can't seem to find it now!

Hi David,

Linda from Electrolux here.

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the washer.

If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda Ticket Number 154367.

sundra T.

sundra T.asked

Can you please show (photo to show the part) where is the water intake hose inside the machine split?
Can we repair it ourselves ?and where to buy the hose?
Please reply soonest.

Cheryl Anderson

No I don’t have a photo of the split hose you won’t be able to repair it yourself Electrolux exchanged my machine for a new one if the washer is still under warranty they have to repair or replace your machine as I live in a remote area they replaced mine I’m hoping this machine doesn’t have the same fault.

Bevasked

Why has our Simpson SWT8043 lid totally shattered this morning. Only bought it one month ago.
So very disappointed.

Hi Bev,
Zaida from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about your appliance.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact us at customercare@electrolux.com.au quoting reference ticket 1009181.
Thanks.

Bev

Hi Zaida Ticket No. 1009181 Just letting you know we are still waiting for a replacement lid to arrive. Hope it turns up soon as been advised not to use the machine as is

Get an answer from our members and Simpson representatives