Simpson SWT8043

Simpson SWT8043

MPN: 36562655

Worst washing machine I have ever had

I replaced my wonderful 7.5 KG Simpson EZI washing machine 3 months ago with this useless Simpson 8.0 KG machine.
I find not enough water fills when on automatic, mainly for sheets and towels. I wash in cold water but I can't use the regular wash of 45 minutes as it won't allow me to fill the machine to full, the automatic chooses how much to fill. I have to use a cold water wash which takes 1 hour and 2 minutes, that is crazy for a wash to be that long, a 45 minute wash is great. My previous machine allowed me to choose whichever load I wanted. If I choose a load and decide to change it, it pumps any water which is in the machine out and refills. I am so disappointed with this machine, I would not recommend it to anyone

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Blacktown for $857.00.

Dear Jane, Zaida of Electrolux here. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your SWT8043 washer and would love the opportunity to assist. Could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Product Review Assistance Required | Ticket 935431" Please include your full name and number, and once received, we'll give you a call. Thank you in advance.

High quality construction.

Have just taken delivery and am very impressed with the ease of operation and function and quality construction. Simpson/Electrolux products are always high quality and a fair price. I will give it some months of operation and will report back.

Washing machine is ruining our clothes! School uniforms are looking rough from it!

It has not collected one speck of lint since we bought it two months ago. It is wound too tight and rough with clothes. Clothes are profusely wrinkled after a wash.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

Noise Level

Noisy and internal hose split - water all over floor. Only 18 months old!

Terrible machine! VERY noisy...and after only 18 months the internal hose has split putting water allover the floor. Ill bet it is not a quick cheap fix.... never again! My old washing machine lasted 12 years!! They make them badly now on purpose, so you have to buy new ones. Won't be a Simpson!

Purchased in May 2017.

Noise Level
Hi Tez M, Zaida of Electrolux here. I'm sorry to hear this has occurred with your SWT8043 washer. Would you mind PRIVATE MESSAGING me your number and I'll give you a call to discuss? Thank you and kind regards, Zaida.Hello Zaida... where do I personal message you? This looks like a public platform. Also, before I give you my number, how do I know you are from Electrolux? Kind regards, Tez M

Best top loader

We are a household of 6. We wash things from Single bed sets to King bed sheet sets, double bed dooner, kids clothes, delicate clothes, work clothes covered in iron ore dust. Our machine hasn't skipped a beat. Its so easy to use. Controls are very clear and straight forward. I always wash delicates in bra bags but from how I wash my delicates I have had anything damaged. Cycle times are great. We have gone from a front loader to a top loader and I absolutely love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Clean all round

This washing machine is large 7kg and easy to use even for the beginner it has 11 settings regular, fast wash, colours, heavy duty, bedding, woollens, drain and spin, cold wash, delicates, hand wash, rinse and spin, all wash cycles take around 100 mins but the fast wash is 40 mins the spin cycle dry clothes amazing and washes clothes great very good washing machine long lasting

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Good for the price

Good for the price price range, dose the job! Just remember to un plug it after use, in case of a storm! Washes well . We are very satisfied with it. The lid closes automatically and it a has an alarm that lets you know the load is finished, 8 kg.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

do not go near it, i real dud

not worth reviewing , wish i could take it back ,solenoid cuts in and out for auto and eco, if you have strong pressure you get water hammer, 20 min cycle crinkles clothes,45 min cycle auto more clunks and squirts trying to figure out load size , normal cycle to long 1hr +clunks and squirts, if it last 1year i will be surprised with all the automation , wont bother with warranty will chuck out, simpson you have lost the plot, old machines way better.you can figure out a load size .

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi John, Kathy from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Simpson Washer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Kathy. Thanks Kathy

Very happy with this washing machine.

This is a 8 kg washer - top loader. Simple to operate and I find it an excellent product. Has an agitator which I wanted Very happy that I purchased this washer.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Noisy machine- regret purchase

Makes a loud “wa wa” sound during the wash. And when it change cycles it sounds like something is broken. Another thing is you can’t tell at what stage the wash is at. And if you lift the lid and forget to press the start button your wash will not resume.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Relaible and washes well

from Doonas to work clothes the Simpson just keeps on going. It is reliable and was a good price when I bought it. I would consider staying with SImpson due to cost and reliability and it does the job. I can put it on gentle or hard working and it is easy to use.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Terrible Washing Machine

This Washing Machine was the worst washing machine I have ever owned...the switch inside the lid constantly stuck so machine would not work on ringing Simpson customer service you are put on hold for ages then they are rude and dont seem to care.. had my machine repaired 3 times for 3 different faults and it was only a couple of months out of warranty...sent it to the tip and bought a second hand hoover...Beware of Simpson 800 series..

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hi Jan S Shannan from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Washing Machine. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Shannan. Thanks, Shannan

SIMPSON ROCKS

Simpson never die! Mine is 100 yrs old and going strong, my mum purchased the recent model and I am trying to kill my simpson so I can purchase the new one too, hers is brilliant. But
Mine just won't die. It is fantastic! It has not ruined any of my delicates and it washed our modern cloth nappies with ease.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Water drips after machine is off

I have just had my new Simpson 8kg washing machine for approx. 6 weeks. Recently I have notice after I have used the machine, that an hour or so later, there are a few drops inside the machine. I even wiped it down at times after using it. I have put a bowl inside just to see, and yet see a few drops inside hour or so later. Have checked hoses etc.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Josie, Kathy from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Simpson Washer. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Kathy. Thanks, Kathy

Simpson Washers Forever Reliable

Recently purchased a 6.5litre Simpson washer for my elderly mother to replace her fault ridden American made washer. Washer easy to use with range of cleaning options. Operates quietly, cleans, rinses and spin dries clothes perfectly. Does not wear clothes out as other washers or leaves stains. Includes a delicates option which is essential. Washer was also very economical compared to other brands. Would not use any other brand in future.

washes well

Washes well, only problem most cycles are too long. Can't shorten spin cycle if you only have a few things to spin that have been hand washed. Able to take large loads so not washing as often. You can select a favourite cycle but it takes an hour to do the washing.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Worst purchase I have made in years

Took delivery of this yesterday as My old Hoover just cant be rebuilt any more .
What a piece of garbage this new machine is .
* You cant change water levels once cycle has started .
* You cant manual fill with a hose (We have gravity hot water) as the initial part of all cycles is pump out the bowl .
* Detergent dumps straight into bowl from dispenser as you close it (yes back flap is down) .
* Softener dumps straight into bowl from dispenser as you close it (yes syphon cap is pushed down) .
* If you miss putting the softner in at final rince good luck on trying to get a fill , rinse and spin cycle .

Simpson needs to supply a comfy chair with this product as you need to sit and watch it so you dont miss the critical stops .

Not sure it will do a drip dry wash either .

Do not waste your money buying one of these.

No responce from Simpson complaints line .

Thanks for reading my review , I hope it saves at least one person from the grief I have gone through today .

Brad McAlpine .

Date PurchasedJul 2018
The goodguys did offer to discuss . I need the manufacturer to respond .Hi Brad, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the SWT8043. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, RumanaThis discussion would be so much more effective if was in the public domain instead of hidden behind emails .

avoid it like the plague

Simpson is not what it used to be. The present one's are garbage. The first lasted me one week and it couldn't even handle 3 kg's without the motor screaching. On hearing a recording of the racket coming from it the rep from Retravision gave me a new one. lt too had weird noises coming out of it that l played to the rep again and this time l got a store credit. l now have an LG 8.5KG and so far so good. lt's the old story "You get what you pay for"
Another great brand gone down the gurgler unfortunately.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

No issues so far!

Relatively quiet. Digital display counts down how many minutes remain in the selected cycle. Cycles can be manually altered to different water temp etc. slightly sparkling gloss finish on lid looks classy. Lint filter is easy to access and clean. It is a Great size for a family of four!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Large Basic Style Washer

This is about as simple as washers get, yet it does a very good job. I don't know what all the other review are on about. Maybe the construction is not as heavy duty as they used to be but my one works flawlessly. It's huge and can take a weeks clothes no worries and always does a sterling job of cleaning. The spin is not as fast as a front loader so drying time is a little longer. Every Simpsons product I have owned has lasted many years and I expect the same from this.

Date PurchasedMar 2017