Simpson SWT8043

Simpson SWT8043

MPN: 36562655

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Absolutely hate using this machine

Worst machine I have ever had to use. You can not adjust the preset cycles, you can't open the lid when it's turned on to check the water or whatever, it's extremely loud to run and now to top it all off when a cycle begins water is gushing out from the bottom of the machine in the back left hand corner and flooding our floors. I've nearly slipped and hurt myself a few times from it.

Ad

Steer clear of this machine

I’ve had this washing machine a couple of years now... keep hoping for it to break down so I have a reason to buy a different one. The beginning of the wash is very noisy, creating water hammer as it drains water from the last wash. If you only want to do a quick wash (20mins) the machine does not give you any wash options.... it is set to auto fill and wash on hot water ... and the auto fill does not cover the clothes with enough water. And most frustratingly, clothes, sheets etc come out crushed and tangled ... my ironing stack is now much bigger as I have to iron almost everything that goes in the machine. This is a photo of my latest wash... sheet and pillowcase tangled together

Val P.

Val P.Sydney, NSW

Computer has already died!

Very disappointed after 3 1/2 hrs the computer has died in the washing machine and will cost $400 to fix and it cost $650 new! Won’t buy a Simpson again!

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys.

Susan M.South-Eastern Region, NSW

DISAPPOINTING

2 days out of warranty and the agitator has stopped working, clothes are tightly wrapped around agitator after spin. Very noisy filling the machine, and too much lint on clothes after wash.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bi-Rite Electrical Physical store for $449.00.

Kerry Cossins

Kerry CossinsAU

Don't buy the SWT8043 Simpson Washing Machine

Purchased in September 2020 at The Good Guys for $795.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Nathan L

Nathan LWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

NOT BUILT TO LAST

We have constant problems with this machine after 2 years of use. Purchased the machine from a local retailer in August 2017. In October 2020 had to replace the pump motor because the machine was not draining water, which cost us $150. 6 weeks later the motor died again because of a hole which appeared in the dispenser hose which then caused water to leak onto the motor. Another $250 to replace the motor and hose again. Unfortunately out of 2 year warranty period and then all the problems start appearing. you would think spending $700 on a washing machine would last you longer than 3 years. Unfortunately they appear to be a low quality product

Purchased in August 2017 at Bi-Rite Electrical Physical store for $700.00.

Steve G.

Steve G.

Would not recommend. Super hard on clothes.

Purchased in November 2020.

JAC

JACCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Wash day is a breeze

Brought one back in 2017 to replace the old Simpson that was 15 years old. The old machine was then the 2nd machine for the feral work clothes of my husbands. It broke down the week before we moved to our new house so what did I do? I used the machine brought in 2017 for the feral clothes and brought the same machine for the good clothes. Never been happier both machines doing a wonderful job and the feral clothes have never been cleaner. There is a little bit of clicking and clacking while the taps are filling the machines but after that its hard to hear them. I run them at night on occasion and they are near the bedrooms but you hardly hear them.
Great Machines.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $899.00.

Reegz

ReegzGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Simpsons been in the family for generations but not anymore......

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

misty

mistyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stop working after 3 year

I have owned this machine for 3 years i used to love my simpson washing machine but after this machine i will never buy one again moldy smell coming from machine even tho i clean it regularly. The buttons are hard to push or need to push a couple times soap dispenser not working takes forever to do
a wash. Loud banging noise but to top it off now it been leaking water and has now it won't spin. I think it's time for new machine i brought it thinking i would get a few more years out of it no please DO NOT BUY this machine.

Purchased in January 2018 at Betta Home Living for $799.00.

Simpson swt8043 terrible top loader washer

I purchased this about 8 months ago.
Issues are in some cases same as others have had.
Cant set water levels, if i use auto water level, clothes are not even in water.
Cant set temperatures i want, it just does its own thing
I tend to fill it by bucket now as even though i set the water level, it sits there banging the taps on and off.
I feel like im using a machine from the fifties! Having to do most things manually for it.
I have called for support a few times only to be told this is normal behaviour for the machine, that's a cop out.
Also been told if they send a tech and no fault found i would have to pay for the visit.
I will pay to send it to the tip first!
Most times i refuse to use it and let the missus deal with it lol

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Jasmine

JasmineEyre Peninsula, SA

Worst machine ever

Consistently breaks down with the same fault. Technician told me it is a design flaw and I refuse to have to fix the same problem over and over. Simpson offered that they would pay for the parts and I pay for the labour. Not good enough! It first occurred during warranty and the same problem keeps happening. My daughters clothes barely even come out clean also. So over this washing machine nightmare.

Following on from this I was contacted by Zaida and she has kindly arranged for my machine to be replaced with a different brand - Electrolux front loading machine. This was done free of charge.

I cannot wait to get my new machine. I’m hoping the clothes come out clean and no faults!

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for $550.00.

NOT HAPPY

NOT HAPPYPerth, WA

Extremely disappointed

Purchased in December 2017 for $650.00.

Tracey

TraceyCentral Queensland, QLD

Wish I had read reviews before I bought this

As everyone else has said, nothing like the old Simpson that we had for over 10 years. The electronic buttons are hard to press, very noisy, the auto levels are not correct so don't use it and whatever happened to it letting you know it has finished, may beep once but that is it. Also the fabric softener apartment keeps blocking even though I am always cleaning it. Today went to get washing out of finished machine to have some of the clothes getting drips of fabric softener on it. If I had of know they had changed the simpson washing machine I would not have bought it. Only purchased in Jan 2020. Terrible machine.

Purchased in January 2020 at Betta Home Living for $699.00.

springside77

springside77Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointing ,not like the old Simpson washers

Purchased in August 2018 at Appliances Online.

Mike

Mikeasked

My simpson swt 8043 will not spin
it gets to 7 minutes and shows E20 error
I have checked and tested the pump and hose and there are no blockages
I turned the switch to spin and I can hear the motor running but it does not not engage to spin.
Any suggestions ?

Susan M.

I had a similar problem, where the spin was only in one direction, so sometimes the E20 error appeared because the clothes were twisted around the agitator. Technician came and said the gears had seized and replacement cost more than the machine. Two years old, took it to the tip. Chinese crap

Hi Mike,
Zaida from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your SWT8043 (and SWT954).
We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised.
If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Zaida Ticket Number 1845402.
Thanks,
Zaida

Mick W

Mick Wasked

My washing machine won’t start I have power and I have been through the diagnostic review and everything seems ok but it won’t start the cycle

Kathy Brian

Kathy Brian asked

My washing machine top loader SWT8043 8kg wont spin

gottaluvit
gottaluvit

yes my machine has just started doing that yesterday. machine about 2,5 yrs old been working good till now pulled everything apart to check and it says an E50 fault on machine. very disappointing as the the machines and quality of the materials are not lasting the yrs like they use to. motor goes to drain but moves a little then stops and makes a noise.

Get an answer from our members and Simpson representatives

CategoryTop Loading Washing Machines