Sirius SL906-L 850

Sirius SL906-L 850

Yet to install but was definitely best in store.

While I'm yet to install this range hood I can honestly recommend that anyone interested in a quite extractor should take a look at this unit. I know my opinion only holds so much weight as I'm yet to live with the appliance but we didn't hesitate to purchase it based on the in-store demonstration and I encourage others to check it out. I'm certain that it will perform fantastically.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Powerful and good looking

I needed real suction for our new kitchen as I make lots of stir fries and soups- this product is super efficient and also looks sleek and tidy - fits discretely under our cabinets. The motor for this is outside so very minimal noise from the fan. It is easy to clean - am really happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Love the ease of Cleaning

Just purchased this product after looking at and comparing other similar products we were sold on this one because of the ease of cleaning and maintaining the product.It also looked great and was very functional.The price was also very competitive and the promotional cash back offer was also very appealing

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Can't wait to use it

Have seen great reviews on this product and went out and purchased it. It is about to be installed in our new home. Love the bright LED light on it and the fact that I can wash the vents in the dishwasher to keep the clean. Compared to other range hoods out there I am exceptionally happy I chose this one.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Awesome looking, great product!

I love the fact I can clean vents in the dishwasher, and the lovely chrome finish. I also like the single strip lighting rather than the spot lights in other range hoods on the market, it lights up the whole cooking area without dark and light areas. I would recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Really great product

Bought this on a retail sales person recommendation and couldn't be happier. The free upgrade to the double motor didn't hurt either. Really gets the job done and is nice and quiet which suits our needs. The light feature and the removable baffles are an excellent design feature that we really like.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good product, quiet, good quality

Good quality product, you pay for what you get - quality. Looks good, efficient, good lighting and easy to clean. Not the cheapest rangehood but definitely the best. Needs extra ducting and some standard clips to complete the package and to be eligble for the extended warrantee. Overall very happy.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good performance, lousy instructions

This range hood is nice, quiet and efficient, however there are a few areas for improvement:

1. The user manual/ installation instructions are atrocious. The wiring diagram for the SEM 1 model completely ignores the earth -it's not even shown! The manual actually says the unit "must not be earthed", despite the wiring harness from the motor being supplied with an earth wire. When you ring Ariston technical support, they confirm that actually you do need to earth the unit using a screw that is not supplied. If you followed the poorly interpreted installation instructions, you could end up with an electrified range hood and ineffective electrical safety circuit. I wonder how many units have been installed in this manner and are an accident waiting to happen?
2. There are three manuals - one for the duct, one for the unit, and one for the motor. Each is equally confusing, poorly written and missing information. For example, the user is left to determine how to affix the plastic non-return butterfly duct transition on top of the undermount unit, with gaps left at front and back that require silicone. The duct flashing instruction is incomplete and does not detail how to fold the corners of the flashing under the tiles to prevent wind and rain ingress. Luckily I have done this before once or twice! The ducting kit only comes with two band clamps when four are needed. But for some reason they provide a 125-150mm adaptor which you don't require!
3. The screws at the back of the unit are very very difficult to access. The screws at the front of the unit can deform the stainless steel facing if done up too tightly, and the countersinking provided is not sufficient for the screw heads to sit flush.

Our unit was supplied with damaged buttons. Thankfully this was repaired under warranty. It is hard to see how the damage occured after leaving the factory, since the packaging is some of the best I have ever seen! The box has triple or quadruple cardboard layers and foam. And it was an undamaged box.

All up, I am hoping that the operation of the unit is far more trouble-free than the installation!

On the plus side, the LED light is excellent, the unit is quiet and provides good clearance of cooking fumes, and looks pretty good.

Overall I give the range hood 4 1/2 stars for operation and aesthetics, 2 stars for ease of installation (which would be improved by better instructions and better factory quality assurance).

Someone from Ariston really should address the wiring diagram and manual.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

So glad the salesperson suggested this unit!!

We had done a lot of research on appliances for our kitchen reno and narrowed the range hood down to either the inboard or outboard motor version another local brand (S*******n). After discussing with my installer the merits of both models he was hard pressed to justify the extra costs for the outboard motor version. I approached Harvey Norman for a price on these units and they also suggested the SL906-L 850 which they did a killer price on. When I compared the Sirius against my previous choice the decision was a no brainer even with it being about $200 more expensive. Quieter running (based on comparison in store), timer delay facility, better LED lights, commercial grade baffle filters and superior style, looks and finish. Even the way the unit is packaged displays Sirius quality and attention to detail. I just can't find anything I don't like with this product!
Looking forward to getting the unit installed when the new kitchen is ready. I know I won't be disappointed.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Update.. Now installed, looks and works great.

Quality

The Sirius SL906-L850 has added a streamlined finish to my newly renovated kitchen. Great consideration went into my choice of rangehood. The LED light, easy clean baffle filters which are excellent for induction cooktops, quality stainless steel and the long warranty. I am very pleased with my purchase and highly recommend this rangehood.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Quality and looks great

SIRIUS SL906-L850 - The stainless steel grill with no greasy filters to clean won me over when purchasing this undermount rangehood. You just pop the stainless steel grills in the dishwasher. I compared other brands relating to power/suction and quality material and the additional great appearance, for me this was a great choice, so much so I bought a 2nd one SIRIUS SL906-L520R for my butler's pantry to compliment the one in the kitchen.

Thanks for the great review, Gemini. We appreciate your positive feedback. Kind regards, Sirius Brand.

Excellent performance

Replaced another well known brand with this one. Very quiet operation works perfectly with my 90cm stove with tempanyaki plate. Would highly recommend.
Harvey Norman at Domayne great to deal with! Staff were well informed patient & happy to demonstrate. it was an easy decision when comparing with other brands.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

As quiet and efficient as promised.

I did a large amount of research before purchasing a rangehood as we cook daily for a big family and our kitchen is open plan and part of a bigger living space. It was important to me that the rangehood I chose extracted strongly and quietly. Ours sits above a 6 burner 90cm gas cooktop, has an onboard motor and is ducted to the exterior of our house, approx 1.5 m away.
So far, I am very happy with my choice. It extracts extremely efficiently even on the lowest levels - I can see the steam disappearing towards the baffles and there are no residual garlic etc smells in the living space - and it is very very quiet. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is noisier on the highest suction setting but you would need to use this rarely if at all, as it extracts so efficiently on the lower settings. The LED light is far better than I had expected, so good in fact that we have decided not to put strip lighting under the cupboards above, as we had planned to do. The other factor I was keen on was longevity, fingers crossed it won't disappoint in this regard.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Baffle filters are great

The baffle filters look great and are easy to clean - just pop them into the dishwasher.
I have the on board motor so I didn't expect it to be whisper quiet, however the unit is a lot noisier than I thought it would be. I rarely put it on level 3 as it's too loud.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Hi ACDC, thank you for your review, we are happy to see you have rated the product well.! The rangehood will be very efficient at levels 1 to 2, level 3 to 4 is for strong smoke from bbq meat as an example. Your rangehood shouldn't be loud unless the incorrect ducting has been used. Thank you Sirius brand.

We debated over the cost initially however we are glad we spent a little extra as this is fantastic.
the salesperson assured us it would be worth it and we aren't disappointed, the suction is fantastic and the other features are great also, you can't see it underneath the cupboards and the filter comes out and goes straight into the dishwasher, , we will recommend this to everyone who comes to our place or asks.

Powerful Residential Rangewood & Beautiful Design

Beautiful slim line design, easy to take off for washing and ease of cleaning, excellent product. Also happy with the 4 years warranty with the installation of the Sirius ducting. Very satisfied customer. For our kitchen renovation we wanted an under mount range hood to keep the clean look of the design. We thought we needed to compromise performance for this, but now it is very productive

Amazing

i just recently installed this, and i love the baffle filters and the quality is just amazing. would recommend this anytime

See all Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850 reviews

Hi Sirius Team, I am about to purchase a SL906-850 unit and instal in an old house with a brick chimney. The exhaust would be routed directly to the chimney with free ventilation to the existing chimney cowling. Could you please advise weather ducting is required, and if so, what purpose would this serve as I have been getting conflicting information. Many Thanks, Mick

I am looking at renovating my kitchen. Looking at getting a 60cm induction cooktop. Salesperson recommended the Sirius SL906-L Excel 850 or SL906 EM-L 850 (offboard motor version). Would like feedback on this rangehood in regards to use with induction cooktops. Has anyone had issues with condensation? The salesperson recommended a twin motor but my partner is adamant that only a single motor is required. Thoughts?
Hi Mel we purchased the 520 with single motor for 60cm induction cooktop. These rangehoods are designed for induction cook tops and should prevent induction rain. We have not installed ours yet. But we believe this should be adequate for 60cm induction cook top.

Dear Sirius, We are building a new home and I have to very quickly choose an under-mount rangehood to sit over a 90cm (5 zones) Induction cooktop. Our electrician has already installed ducting ready to go, and the builder does not want to change this. It's also a skillion roof, so there's very little room in the roof cavity. I'm stuck as to which is the best unit to go with that will give great suction (I do a lot of stir frys), but also with the least amount of noise if we cannot have the motor outside. Please help. Regards, Karinda

SL906-L 850