Skyscanner

SKYSCAMMER!

Firstly, it is not a myth that prices of the flight increase if you repeat the search - i have proof of incremental increases in price each reload of the flight search - it is not associated with airline increases because if you repeat the search on another IP address, it correlates to the original price.

Secondly, I have made multiple attempts to book flights and it takes you to processing payment stage, even processes payment and then the site rebuttals the booking ! i call the airline after receiving a confirmation number and email and they state the booking has not gone through.

I find it hard to believe how such a popular site can get away with such scamming activity.

Booking Type Accomodation

Easiest and most efficient way to book whilst sitting in my pjs with a glass of wine.

No additional problems simple to navigate and compare flight times and prices. It was also easy to compare prices against other airlines with the ability to do multi cities when touring.

Booking Type Flights

Used to be the Go-to site to get cheap airfares, but less so now.

Search Skyscanner on WHO flies WHERE, note the prices and form a budget but expect to pay upto 50% more. Find a trusted agent (airline is best) and buy there.

Great website

Almost always accurate about prices and predictions. Eat to book and keen on feedback on how the booking has gone. Additional features to the website as the prices traffic lights and alerts made booking so easy.

Booking Type Flights
Hey Kamal, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that finding flights through Skyscanner has been an easy process for you -- that's what we're all about :) - Chantae

Thumbs up from me

Have used Skyscanner a dozen or so times over the past couple of years and I have almost always found the cheapest flights around through them. I first like to search google flights to find the cheapest dates then jump onto Skyscanner to see if they come up with a better price.

Booking Type Flights
Hey Math, Thanks for the five stars! We're glad to know that you've found cheap flights through Skysanner. If you ever have any ideas on how to improve even further, we'd love to hear them :) - Chantae

Great app

Constantly use Skyscanner for flight and hotel deals
Used it to book our 2019 flights
Managed to get great deals and surprisingly some were the deal without extras
Offers a great variety of travel deals

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights
Hey Matt, Thanks for the five stars! We're so happy to know you found some great deals for this year's travels! - Chantae

Prices Inaccurate and not available

Been on this sight for over a month and the cheap flights just don't exist. They either change and are marked up by $200 or are not available. I have tried 4-5 different offers and the same thing every time no matter what time of day or night. Adelaide to Phuket in late Sept/Early Oct this year.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Derek, Thank you for your review and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't found a deal that works for you to Phuket. In this case, we recommend setting up a price alert - that way, we can notify you whenever flight prices change. Here is a little more information on how to set up a price alert: https://www.skyscanner.com.au/news/get-best-air-fares-skyscanner-price-alerts Best, Chantae

Skyscanner experience

Very upset that Skyscanner can still promote MyTrip (one of their flight suppliers) on their website. I paid for tickets, credit card charged, but never received tix from MyTrip. If you google MyTrip, nothing but BAD reviews. Skyscanner needs to step up and remove these suppliers immediately. A refund would be appreciated too.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Flyingkiwi, I'm sorry that you've had trouble with MyTrip and that you are still waiting for your tickets after being charged. Could you please contact our Help Team so that we can contact MyTrip on your behalf and see what has happened? https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new Best, Chantae

Skyscanner and Bravofly the joint scam!

Beware what is on offer here! I booked flights through Skyscanner with Bravofly on Cathay Pacific flying Osaka-Hong Kong. Cathay cancelled our flight and Bravofly has taken over 3 months to confirm the alternative flight we accepted. Despite many emails they keep confirming a flight we never never accepted until Skyscanner intervened a week ago. Lastminute née Bravofly tonight confirmed this accepted flight. But, this was after again attempting to confirm the wrong flight and delaying several more days. So after 3 months and their repeated failures I won’t be recommending them. I am happy this is resolved. I thank Skyscanner for becoming involved but feel they could chose their 3rd party sellers more wisely !

Booking Type Flights
Hi Roscoe, Thank you for your review and we are concerned to hear about the problems you've had with Bravofly. I believe our Help Team member, Emma, is currently investigating this problem and has been in contact with you through email. Could you please check our email inbox to see if you've gotten our latest email, sent yesterday? If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply to us directly over email or through the Help Site. Best, Chantae

This is best

Easy to search, alarm settings, no cookie! Price is sometimes different (a little bit more expensive) but depends on the offering company. Tells us how to get cheaper ticket and information.

Booking Type Flights
Hey there, Thanks for the 5 stars! We're glad to hear that you find Skysanner useful for finding cheap flights. If you have any feedback on how we can get better, we'd love to hear it at https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new? Best, Chantae

Cheap prices on skyscanner do NOT exist on the real sites

Used skyscanner years ago and it was quite good. But it's now just a cheater.
Have been searching air tickets from SYD to HND for the past a couple of months and decided to buy since this week. But when I clicked the cheap prices on skyscanner, whether it's edreams, gotogate or expedia, it turned out to be a much dearer price on the real sites. If it's just one or two sites doing this, I'd assume it's just the sites, but they're all like that, the cheap prices simply did not exist! There must be something wrong with skyscanner. What's the point when you show $1018 but it's actually $1451?

Booking Type Flights
Hi Sydneytoyota, Thank you for getting in touch and leaving us a review. We're concerned to hear of your experience with these flight price changes. Could you please contact our Help Team with details on the dates of travel so that we can investigate what has happened? You can reach us at https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new? Best, ChantaeWhy dont' YOU investigate this, but ask me to contact your help team? The link you provided is not that helpful. Just checked syd to hnd on 20/09, hnd to pek on 16/12, pek to syd on 21/12 and skyscanner showed $1060 on edreams. But on edreams it turned out to be $1508. That's almost 50% more expensive!

Easy to navigate their website.

It was an easy, time saving and cheapest deal! We needed 6 tickets and Skyscanner was the most user friendly of all the sites I have been through. Very happy!

Booking Type Flights
Hey MMM, Thanks for the five stars! We're happy to hear that you find our website easy to use and navigate. - Chantae

Ripoff

I just did a fare comparison between opening the airline directly vs opening it through flight scanner, oh boy did I find that the prices get marked up on flight scanner.

Booking Type Flights
Hey Vincent, Thank you for your review. Could you please get in touch with our Help Team about this price discrepancy? We take pride in being as accurate as possible and would like to investigate what has happened: https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new - Chantae

Excellent site, very easy to compare and navigate. Having tried other sites,I would definitely use this one again. I found prices accurate and was able to find a good deal.

Booking Type Flights
Hey Sharon, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review. We're so happy to hear that you've found a good deal. Happy travels! - Chantae

Skyscanner can't stop cheaters! Reliability is a big question now!

Nowadays I found that Skyscanner's partners can cheat with prices on the page. They can show low prices, getting people to their pages where they confirm your order, but not allow you to go to payment, online process is cut at this point with order confirmation. They send you email with order confirmation instead. Next they get in touch with you directly and say sorry, give you some explanation about technical problems and cancel the cheap price order (which never was real) than they try sell you flights with much higher prices. They use at least 2-3 links on Skyscanner page, so it looks very real, all with very low price at same level, betten than all others with real prices. This way they can eliminate real competition on price, get in touch with buyer and if luck, they can sell with high margin.

How do I know their price is not real? When I did my claim, they corrected price to almost 3 x times higher original price. They refuse to serve me, but next day they offer again similar low price on the Skyscanner page - suddenly the same price was available again, no matter they already reported me that is not working.

The reliability of prices on Skyscanner with this cheats are gone.

So sad, Skyscanner was a good idea....
Finally I bought my ticket at higher price from other partner.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Thomas, Thank you for your detailed review about your experience using Skyscanner and the online travel agents we link to. Could you please get in touch with our Help Team about what online travel agent that you believe is doing this? We strive to be as accurate as possible. This way, we can take a closer look at why prices have changed when you went to book the flight. We'd really appreciate you reaching us at https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new? Best, Chantae

One of the best websites to check and buy your ticket

The first I went to Flight centre to buy my ticket and they told me the price is $1795 but I didn’t buy it I back home and again I checked the price with skyscanner and I found nice price which was $1575

Trip Completed No
Hey Mark, We're so happy to hear you were able to save over $200 using Skyscanner :) - Chantae

Unexpected add-ons. Terrible

Unexpected add ons. Baggage and seats cost me an extra $65 making the price actually paid way more than booking directly with qantas. And now I have to provide my email for junk mail in order to submit this review.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Wendy, We're sorry that you were surprised about the extra charges for seat selection and baggage. At Skyscanner, we note that additional baggage fees may apply at the top of each page of our search results. We also show a bold link that says "Read before booking" that highlights additional baggage, meals, and seat selection may apply before directing our users to book. Thank you for your feedback and we will look at how we can make this information even clearer in the future. Best, Chantae

good one

It is a great website. They just need to filter the companies which scam people. Apart from it most of the companies on skyscanner are good.
Also, I would love to see last minute feature

Booking Type Flights
Hey Lexer, Thanks for the review! The last minute flight feature is a great idea. If you ever have problems with one of the online travel agents or airlines that we redirect to, could you please contact our Help Team about it? We take all complaints against them very seriously as they are held to a high standard. You can always reach us at https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new? - Chantae

Always my First Choice

Yes very often on going to landing pages to booking flight.
pretty easy to scan and spot one one page.
Need minute to minute updating on daily basis on your website.

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights
Hi Haniff, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! - Chantae

Skyscanner why use anything else when it comes to booking flights etc. Excellent app.

The most simplified app to search for a flight and at the best price. So easy to see what airlines are offered with there tail logo. Pricing very accurate no hidden costs.

Booking Type Flights
Hey Karl, Thanks for the five stars! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Skyscanner's search engine :) - Chantae

Hi I tried to find some flights from Sydney to paris. Found some good flights via trip.com. tried to pay but was blocked. Was returned to Skyscanner to just find that the flight once of a sudden had gone up by 200 dollars per person. Searched on other device to once again get offered the same cheaper rate to get denied at payment and again here get a rate 200 higher once returned to Skyscanner. How can I actually lock I this rate and physically pay?
Hi Ernst, I'm sorry that you're having trouble booking your flight -- this does sound like a frustrating experience. Could you please let our Help Team know the details of this flight so that we can take a closer look at what has happened? You can reach us at https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new? - Chantae

why Skyscanner advertise SAS to Eu and flights are not existing? time and time again.
Hey Jack, Could you please contact our Help Team so that they can look into this? https://help.skyscanner.net/hc/en-gb/requests/new? - Chantae

Hi Team How can I select the option of checked baggage before I put my payment details in? Thank you Nathalie
Hi Nathalie, At Skyscanner, we are a flight search engine and do not book flights ourselves. Each airline and online travel agent should have a section where you are able to add on baggage, meals, and seat selection before payment. Best, Chantae

Similar listings