Slumberland Somerset

Queen, King, Double, etc...

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.4

Elliott G

Elliott G

Feels uncomfortable & is not supportive

I am a side sleeper and feel uncomfortable after 2-3 hours.
I wake feeling unrefreshed and at times aching
I would not recommend this mattress as a permanent mattress to sleep on

Purchased for $1,600.00.

Ad

I love it ,the best sleep ever

I For the first time in 37 years in now can sleep the whole night on my side as I am a side sleeper and hade the best service from snooze in taylors lakes victoria . it's the best mattress I have ever owned I highly recommend this mattress to you if you are a side sleeper like me .

Purchased in March 2020 at Snooze.

Review123

Review123Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bed retains heat and makes body too hot to sleep

Have had bed for a few years and although i find the pillow top very comfortable and supportive it is far too hot. The matress retains heat and makes your body hot. Sometimes I have to get out of bed to let the bed and myself cool down. Wake up at least once per night because hot. After a few years the mattress has dips in it where we sleep. Doest bother me yet. The heat is what makes me want to get rid of this mattress.

Heat RetentionYes
Mattresses

Find out how Slumberland Somerset compares to other Mattresses

customer45454

customer45454Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very disappointed

Very disappointed. This mattress was the biggest waste of money ever.
We purchased this mattress about 18 months ago. Initially it was great and we loved it. However, after 12 months it deteriorated quickly.
The mattress lost its support after 12 months and now causes great back and neck pain.
The 10 year warranty not worth the piece of paper it is written on; there are too many exclusions and most things are simply not covered by warranty.

Purchased in May 2018 at Snooze.

Interstate truckie

Interstate truckieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Wouldnt waste your money

Probably the single biggest waste of money out I purchased about 3 years ago and only been slept in a handful of times the mattress is all dipped in abs stained because I sweat so badly in it and it makes me feel like I have no support and causes me great pain in my side and back.

Purchased at Snooze for $1,500.00.

unhappy customer

unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

terrible

mattress less than 2 years old
It is sagging and giving us both backpain
It felt great in store but deteriorated quickly
having trouble getting any assistance with warrent and they want pics and the sagging doesn't show in pics

Purchased in October 2017 at Snooze.

baz

bazCentral Queensland, QLD

Good value and comfy

Good value price for the mattress very Comfortable indeed. Bit firmer when we first got it but after a couple weeks great. Love it. Should have bought one sooner instead of waiting.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,499.00.

taku

takuMelbourne

Very comfy but HOT

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Pink

PinkPerth, WA

Feels too soft on one day. My husband got more back pain and has partner disturbance

We bought this mattress after tried many mattresses in store and found it was the best medium one suitable for our back support. We purchased and it arrived in around 20days. We couldn't wait to sleep on that due to having back pain from previous one. I felt first time, seems too soft than in store. I thought may be better when sleep but it came actually softer feel than store. My husband waking up with back pain and saying every morning may be it's wrong mattress they send to us. Very disappointed after spending heaps of money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Mattresses

Find out how Slumberland Somerset compares to other Mattresses

So so happy with our slumberland summer set mattress

We previously owned a very expensive mattress that had sagged terribly. We purchased the slumberland summer set about two months ago and both my husband and I have never slept better. I have an long list of back problems and I find that it is the perfect balance of support for my lower back but equally as comphortable like sleeping on a cloud. I also noticed I don’t wake up every time my husband roles over any more. I would highly recommend. FYI the first nights sleep it feels quite firm but softens perfectly.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Terrible

We have a queen on slat base. Our mattress is 5 years old. This mattress is comfortable for 1 person only. If there are two people in the bed the heavier person creates a hole which the other has to fight out of all night. This was something we were very specific about when choosing/purchasing this mattress and have been very disappointed. We have done all the right things with rotation etc. 10 year warranty not worth the piece of paper it was written on!

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Greenrock

GreenrockSydney

I love these mattresses

I bought two Slumberland Somerset mattresses two years ago in King Singles for two older boys and I'm about to buy another one for a younger child. They are the most comfortable mattresses I've ever laid on. My boys are around 70+ kilos and we've had no dipping issues. I do love a soft plush luxurious mattress and these pillow top mattresses have been perfect for us. They are heavy to move around though, which just means they are a solid mattress.

Hot And Uncomfortable

I too have depressions in my mattress (even though I sleep alone) and, even more concerning, is the heat it generates. This is the most uncomfortable mattress. It also has a strong odour from the base which has not dissipated and the base had wooden 'parts' that were not attached when it arrived. The delivery men returned to reinstall but they quickly came loose again. I have only had this mattress and base for six months. I have never had a problem with a bed before and am so disappointed.
(Edit: It is now a couple of years Since the purchase and the mattress has settled so it seems there is a long 'settling in' period.)

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Don't buy

Have had this mattress for less then five years and I need to get a new mattress. There are hollows on both sides of this queen size mattress from where we sleep. However, the pillow top hides these hollows, so are unable to have it returned. The mattress is regularly rotated to try and prevent such depressions, but it has not worked.