Sleeping Duck Mattress

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3,016 reviews

Shoegirl

Shoegirl

Great Mattress!

The mattress is the perfect firmness for me and my partner, it’s very comfortable. The only criticism is that it is a little high off the ground compared to my old mattress and I need to get used to it!

Purchased in May 2020 at Sleeping Duck website for A$1,699.00.

Medium or Firm Mattress

Like the sleeping duck have firm mattress, need to get the softer mattress to really determine which is better for me, can only be determined after at least a mouth on the mattress

Purchased in April 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,500.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Caused Discomfort Yes

GaryB.

GaryB.

The best mattress we have ever had

We bought a queen mattress with half firm and the other side medium for my wife. After about 14 days my wife decided to take up the free upgrade and chose firm. She absolutely loves it. Sleeps all night like a well behave baby, grand kids as well

Purchased in June 2020 at Sleeping Duck online for A$1,499.00.

DavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still not sleeping right through the night but waking up a little more comfortable

I found the mattress very comfortable and offered full body support, but I take medication and I wake up between 3- 4am everyday when the medication wears off, but I find the mattress very good

Purchased in May 2020 at Sleeping duck for A$1,169.00.

Sharon54

Sharon54Gippsland, VIC

Wonderful mattress

I like a firm mattress and had never bought a mattress without testing it, but the money back guarantee gave me confidence. It arrived and is perfect, comfort level 10 out of 10.

Purchased in April 2020 at Sleeping duck.

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

Best mattress we have ever had.

Mattress is very comfortable and the half and half concept has certainly led to improved sleep patterns for both my wife and I. I have hip pain and my wife has back pain and so far the mattress has lessened these problems.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,499.00.

John N.

John N.Sydney, NSW

Relief at last

I've bought 6 mattresses in the last 10 years. They seem good in the shop, but 3 months later when it's delivered, it feels like sleeping on a pile of newspapers. And the shop you bought it from doesn't want to know about it. So I was skeptical about buying a mattress on line, but had to try something different.
As soon as as I put it on the bed, I could tell it was great. It was soft but supportive. I've had it for a couple of months now and I still love it. I just bought another one for one of the other rooms.
I normally don't bother writing reviews, but in this case, I owe it to other sleep deprived sufferers.
Thanks Sleeping Duck - don't change anything!

Purchased in February 2020 at Sleeping Duck Online for A$800.00.

Perceived Firmness Soft

The reviews are real, this mattress is the ... shift.

Purchased in February 2020.

Finally I can sleep!

I have hip and shoulder issues and the support/comfort level is perfection. I can finally sleep at night. Thank you sleeping duck. I have recommended this mattress to everyone I know.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,800.00.

StephenC

StephenCNortheast, VIC

Worth a try!!

Mattress is fantastic. Originally went half firm & half medium when first purchased. After 6 weeks rang & requested another half firm. They obliged no questions asked, arrived in less than a week. Both of us are now sleeping through without any issues. We get much better support from the mattress than we used to with the old one. I no longer wake up with a crook neck which is great!

Maree

Maree

Love love love my Sleeping Duck!

Stacy

StacyVictoria

Half half mattress

I purchased the half half mattress. The firm side is perfect and I no longer wake up with a sore back. It has been 6 months now and the mattress hasn’t shown any signs of wear. A great quality product.

Purchased in February 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Jennifer  Hallahan

Jennifer Hallahan South East Queensland, QLD

Great mattress

Comfortable and supportive mattress of really good quality. My only problem is with its weight, I just find it heavy to lift when tucking in the bed linen. Overall it has lived up to its description and I’m happy with the purchase so far.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,449.00.

lawret1

lawret1Hunter Region, NSW

No More Soreness or Sleep Deprivation

I am a 73 yr man - prior to sleeping duck I rose early every morning through inability to sleep due to shoulder and hip pain. I now don't want to get out of bed - I have half firm and half medium and the bed suits me perfectly. Thank you SD for giving me back my lifestyle.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,400.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
FredS31

FredS31Sun Valley

The best Mattress we have ever had

We heard great things about the Sleeping Duck Mattress and we are very pleased to say that they are all true.
Initially we ordered a 50/50 Medium/Firm but when I slept on my partners side I realized that a medium was for me.
Even before we swapped my side from a firm to a medium I found the mattress very comfortable, but after the swap, it was just perfect!

We both agree our sleeping duck is the best mattress we have ever had. The bonus is that it was also very affordable and the whole purchase experience was great.

Purchased in May 2020 at sleeping duck online for A$1,599.00.

Anna Dezic

Anna DezicGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

perfect very comfortable

very comfortable and supportive having the best sleep since started using this mattress. Mattress has kept its shape not sagging in anyway to date. Would recommend it anyone looking perfect.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Greg S

Greg SWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Better Mattress.

I had purchased a well known Australian brand of mattress for the same price as a Sleeping Duck but it was of poor quality and provided little support also was sagging after laying on it for only a few months.
Very disapointed with this and there is no after sales service you simply have to wear it and buy another mattress.
So I did some research and decided to give Sleeping Duck a go such a pleasure to do business with them after sales service fantasic and responsive.
This mattress is fantastic to sleep on I am now getting a much better nights sleep thank you Sleeping Duck.

Purchased in April 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,449.00.

Holly H.

Holly H.South East Queensland, QLD

Love!! So happy I bought this mattress!!

I love my sleeping duck!! The only thing is Kmart fitted sheets don't fit so you do need to pay a little more for sheets that are tall enough but that is literally the only thing slightly negative thing I could say about this mattress! However, I do love how tall the mattress is so I don't mind having to pay a bit more for taller fitted sheets haha. I got the medium and it is perfect, not too soft but not too hard.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,599.00.

Wayne

Wayne

A goodnight's sleep

Sleeping better and comfortably. Mattress firmness is just right for me. While looking for a new mattress i came across advert for sleeping duck on my Facebook page. Decided to have a look at sleeping duck website. I was interested in one of there mattresses but had never had one from sleeping duck previously. Had a look at the reviews for sleeping duck on the internet and was pleasantly surprised. The CHOICE recommendation finely sold me on buying the mattress. I am pretty happy with my purchase.

Purchased in May 2020 at Sleeping Duck website.

Comfy bed

We have had our mattress for a couple of months now. Initially we ordered the medium one but my husband felt it was a little too soft for him so requested the firm one. We couldn’t be happier and are very pleased with the service given to us.

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Robert

Robertasked

Medium Queen

Hi there ,
I would like to buy the Queen Medium Mattress , and send it to overseas.
Now the problem is if the person didn’t like the Medium feeling and prefers the hard 1 this will be a big problem to send again the hard 1.
I was wondering if it’s possible to include the hard 1 too if possible and how much $$$ extra do I have to pay.
Thank you !
Best regards
Robert

David

Ask the customer service person as i don't believe it to be a problem but there will be another package to send and I am not sure about the price

Anthony Vince

Anthony Vinceasked

Mattress

Can I still put my mattress protector on or does it spoil the mattress performance?

Sleeping Duck
Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for the question Anthony!

We would absolutely recommend the use of a mattress protector! This will keep your Duck looking nice and fresh and protect the foams.

One that is waterproof and made from a lightweight, natural material such as bamboo or tencel would be best, this will limit any heat retention and will not affect the performance of your mattress :)

Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

Kind regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Helzasked

Pro Mattress Half-Half

Hi we’ve had our half half mattress delivered today! We’ve unwrapped it but how do we know what half is which? We’ve unzipped it but that reveals two different coloured foam, but not white or purple as we’d expected!

LesleyG
LesleyG

I suggest you contact Sleeping Duck directly as l don’t know if they have changed their colour coding. Purple from memory is hard.

Helz

Thanks Lesley, appreciate that. I’d like to think that when we lie on it we can tell the difference but we’re in the 3 hour wait so we’ll wait til later! Are you a happy customer? Can’t believe how it fits in that box!!

Sleeping Duck
Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Hi Helz,

Thanks for the question.

Oh, it really is exciting to watch the Duck hatch!

We have actually been testing out different dyes for our foams, we understand it can be a little confusing as you were expecting to see purple and white foams.

The Medium foam will be a light grey and the Firm will be a darker grey.

This colour change will not affect the performance or functionality of your foams, the only difference is the colour :)

Don’t hesitate to let us know if we can help with anything else!

Kind regards,