Sleeping Duck Mattress

Sleeping Duck Mattress

Firm, Half-Half and Medium
4.8 from 1,720 reviews

Can’t wait to climb into bed each night!

So far so good in every way. I feel like I’m on a cloud but supported at the same time. I just love it, and can’t wait to get into bed at night

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium

Very flexible and comfy!!

Hasn’t changed since I received it
Was easy to set up and so comfortable best mattress I have had.
I think it could last and I hope it does my partner loves it too

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,400.00.

Heat Retention Yes
Perceived FirmnessSoft

Good value for money.

Good value for money. Would recommend others to try and buy. So far so good - lets how it is going in 5 years time. The test of time will say it all.

Purchased in January 2019.

Heat Retention Yes

Best mattress ever

Its like sleeping on a cloud. I have a medical condition and I now get a good nights sleep. Its maintained its shape and firmness. I would recommend to anyone

Purchased in July 2019 at Sleeping Duck Melbourne for $1,499.00.

So comfortable

We purchased the ultra firm mattress and enjoyed the fitness. So comfortable. The rollers are great for moving the bed. So light and easy. Great work. We Love the bed.

Purchased in August 2019 at Mosman .

Looking for back relief

Bit daunting buying a mattress online without lying on it, but the reviews and cost made it worth a try. Dealing with the company was very easy, ordering and delivery great. No longer waking with lower back pain, still adjusting to side sleeping but very happy with our purchase, loving the comfort and support. Glad we purchased the Medium King.

Purchased in August 2019.

Sleepin duck mattress.

Sleeping really well, with no back pain.
Had mattress for only 6 weeks, so sagging
Does not rate yet. We are both really happy
with it so far. Would Recommend this mattress.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,450.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side

Very comfortable and supportive

After returning from an overseas holiday and sleeping on very comfortable memory foam mattresses, I realised our old mattress just wasn’t cutting it. Six weeks earlier I’d fractured my back and so was looking for support and comfort, a mattress that didn’t sag, and kept my spine aligned as it was healing.

We looked at a few of the large bedding stores, but I wasn’t happy to spend thousands, at if I was unhappy, I would be stuck with the mattress. We decided we had nothing to lose by trying a Sleeping Duck considering the 100 day return policy. My husband was sceptical at first, but we visited the furniture store in Lilyfield, Sydney that had the mattress on display, and after trying it, he was totally onboard.

As he is a back sleeper, he wanted the firm option, but medium best suited me as a side sleeper. We’ve always had a firm mattress in the past, but as I age, I have noticed some hip pain developing on firm mattresses, so again, I had nothing to lose by trying a half half, medium side for me. If I needed more firmness, I could swap it before the 100 day trial ended.

It’s now been about six weeks, and we’re very happy with our choice.

Delivery, quality of manufacturing, and customer service have all been excellent. My recovering back injury is doing really well with this new mattress, and sleep quality has improved, with no more hip aches.

I would not hesitate to recommend Sleeping Duck mattresses to anyone.

Awesome bed

Sleeping 75% better than before
Temperature better, shoulder
Issues better. No sagging yet but only had for 2 months but it is a definite thumbs up for both me and my husband

Purchased in July 2019 at 12 Volt Direct Online store for $2,000.00.

Discomfort Yes

Wonderful!

I am so happy with my purchase, very comfortable and super supportive, I really love it!
Quality of sleep has improved, wonderful experience with the Sleeping Duck Team.
Would highly recommend this mattress.

Comfort and Support

I have along history of back and neck issues and move a lot during the night due to pain. My partner has zero disturbance. I must say the mattress felt softer than I'd usually pick though we purchased the firm. That said, it is very supportive and comfortable. I wouldn't want it any softer. I have always paid top dollar for mattresses in the past but have still experienced a high turnover due to the dipping that always eventuates. I did a lot of researching this time before opting for the Sleeping Duck. This mattress has so far kept it's shape perfectly. I also purchased the pillows and when they arrived I thought they may be too low, but I find it very comfortable and it has kept it's shape perfectly. No more disturbance, not too hot and so far, no dipping. I have nothing negative to say. You can have different support ratings on either side for personal tastes and make changes if you'd rather it softer/harder. Sleeping Duck have certainly gone out of their way to make sure their product can be altered to suit any comfort range. Make sure you have some muscle to get it in to the room (ours is a king) and had to take it upstairs. We had to wait for some help. You have the ample trial period with full refund guaranteed if it does not suit, so absolutely nothing to loose by trying it. Sleeping Duck also follow up with your purchase to ensure all is well. My daughter is about to purchase one for herself after trying mine. I highly recommend this mattress and this company. Sleeping Duck are to be congratulated on a great product and fresh way of running a company. Good on you!

Purchased in June 2019 at Sleeping Duck for $1,449.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Love it !

Purchase a Sleeping Duck mattress in July and we couldn't be happier.
Having spent thousands of dollars on mattresses over the years ( The previous mattress purchased from Snooze $2500,00 doing the "Bed Match" system and we were uncomfortable from night 1. Mattress now in spare room)
We have been super impressed with Sleeping Duck from the Ordering to Delivery and watching the mattress spring to life from a box. ( Who would of thought - a mattress in a box)
I have found the mattress a little on the warm side and will purchase Bamboo/Tencel sheets in the near future,. My husband finds the mattress perfect and uses an electric blanket.
Thankyou Sleeping Duck for an awesome product at a great price
Jenny

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,349.00.

Best of both worlds

great mattress with half firm and half medium. Tried plenty of mattresses and the ones I liked, my wife was not so keen on and vice-versa. Saw the half half with the 100 night trial and thought that was a great option.
We both love the mattress and will consider them for the kids when they need to be changed.

Purchased in May 2019 at sleeping duck for $1,449.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard

Second 'mattress in a box' we've bought - this one much better

We had a 'koala' mattress for a little over 12 months but found it had formed grooves where we slept (we are tall and slim). The warranty covered the grooves and after researching through choice, decided to give sleeping duck a go, based on the best 'sag' ratings. So far so good! Incredibly comfortable and no sign of indentations yet. Mattress is much heavier and 'sturdy' than the competitors and also more supportive at the edges. Value for money is very high and with the trial period there really isn't a reason to shop for a mattress the 'traditional' way/

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium

New standard in customer support & satisfaction

Sleeping Duck sets a New standard in customer support, ensuring you get the best value out of your new mattress. they followed up to make sure I'm happy and did not hesitate to send me extra foams to get the right firmness. the outcome was better than I could have dreamed of, my chronic back pain has eased considerably and I now enjoy deep sleep every night... thanks team duck!

Purchased in April 2019 at Online for $1,450.00.

I love it . very comfhy

I find the mattress very comfortable and I am sleeping much
better. I find the mattress keeps its shape and I love I don't slip off the edge, . was wondering if I have to roatate the mattress

Purchased in July 2019 at The Sleeping Giant for $1,099.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Great mattress. Sleeping so much better.

Very comfortable I have a medium and am a side sleeper helped with shoulder and hip problems.
Best mattress we’ve had only 100 nights so far but as good as new and so supportive.

Purchased in June 2019.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hi Mfromsydney, Thanks for the great review. That's so great to hear that the mattress has helped with your shoulder and hip pain, and that you're feel so well supported! Please get in touch with our team if there is anything we can do to help you. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck

ZZZzzz

I am sleeping so much better than I have for years. A lot less nerve pain and not getting disturbed by my partner moving. Very happy with mu Sleeping Duck!

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hi DanielleK, Thanks so much for the review. We're so glad the pain and disturbance you've been experiencing has been alleviated since sleeping on the Duck! You can thank our pocket springs as they work completely individually to minimise partner disturbance whilst still offering great support. Happy Sleeping! Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck

Happy Customers

A real good experience right from the start - Our delivery man was fantastic arriving on time and most helpful explaining the mattress. Only negative was assembling the solid base we purchased - just took a bit longer than I expected but it was worth it
The mattress is very comfortable and a pleasure to sleep on - we would thoroughly recommend Sleeping Duck Mattresses

Purchased in July 2019 at Sleeping Duck.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Hi Bones, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. That's great to hear delivery went well and you're enjoying your mattress! However we're sorry to hear about that you base took quite a bit of time to assemble. If you have any suggestions on how to improve this, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team so we can try simplify the process. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duckthe main problem was the actual labeling of the parts - for the layman i thought it had to be clearer what parts were in the bag - then there were extras which didn't help when i was trying to sort them out. i rang your office and the girl was most helpful :-)

Sleep is so much more enjoyable

Both my husband and myself haven’t slept so well for a long time. I use to wake up with my back aching every morning but not anymore. The mattress has maintained its shape very well and don’t see it changing anytime soon. To watch the mattress take shape when we opened the box was a real experience. I couldn’t believe that such a comfortable mattress would be the result.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Sleeping Giant Online store for $1,000.00.

Perceived FirmnessSoft

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Can I see one and in Western Australia
Can you use a phone?Hi John, Thank you for your question! Unfortunately at this point in time we do not have any showroom locations in Western Australia, only in Melbourne and Sydney. We do offer a 100 night guarantee on all our mattresses. This way you can try it in the comfort of your own home, night after night! Firmness swaps within your 100 night trial are free of charge, so you can't lose with whichever firmness you choose. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything else we can assist with. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck

Will normal fitted sheets fit on your mattress?
No, the mattress is 30cm high and needs deeper sheets.Hi Marce, Thanks for your inquiry! Our mattress is 31cm in height. We would recommend sheets that are 35cm in depth or more. If you have any further questions, please get in touch with our team on 1800 667 196 or info@sleepingduck.com Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck :)

While Sleeping Duck have been in the boxed-mattress game for as long as any of the other titans, the 3rd quarter of 2019 has seen them really pick up steam in terms of popularity and brand recognition. We've taken a cut of 284 reviews who answered some of our optional questions to get an idea of what people think of their Sleeping Duck mattress.

The segment of reviews we have taken data from is comprised of 284 reviews published between Feb 15th and Aug 20th 2019. At the time of writing, this represents roughly 18% of the total number of Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews.

Is the Sleeping Duck Mattress good value for money?

Our reviewers gave the Sleeping Duck Mattress an extremely positive average rating of 4.7 for Value for Money. Most of the positive ratings came from users who also gave the mattress a high overall score. Of the 15 surveyed reviewers who gave an overall rating of 3 or lower, the average Value for Money rating was only 1.46.

Suitability for those with neck or back issues.

Of the 284 users surveyed, 158 stated they had pre-existing neck or back issues and 149 of them (94%) said that their Sleeping Duck mattress did not cause any additional discomfort.

Sleeping Hot

Only 15.5% of respondents (44 people) felt that their mattress retained excessive heat.

Sagging

Only 9 of 284 reviewers (3%) said they had noticed significant sagging in their mattress. This low rate may be due to Sleeping Duck's mattress design which uses both pocket springs and foam, while many other boxed-mattress providers use solely foam.

Sleeping Position

We didn't find a big difference between Front, Back, or Side sleepers enjoyment of the Sleeping Duck mattress - they all rated theirs very positively. Note: reviewers were able to select more than one preferred position.

Sleeping PositionAverage RatingNumber of Respondents
Front4.9627
Back4.6862
Side4.78205

Longevity

Mattresses should be designed to last, but even a well-made mattress can take some getting used to, especially if it's a different type than one you've previously used. 74% people indicated it only took them a few days adjust to their new Sleeping Duck mattress, while 13% took a couple of weeks. As is typical for this category, we did find indications of a trend where reviewers who give a lower overall score tend to have owned their mattress for longer than those who gave a higher score.

The table below shows the average number of nights the reviewer had owned their mattress for each star score given.

Star RatingAverage Number of Nights OwnedRangeNumber of Respondents
1 Star433 (~14 months)23 - 1,32629
2 Stars569 (~18.5 months)171 - 1,34819
3 Stars100 (~3 months)40 - 17611
4 Stars71 (~10 weeks)46 - 11518
5 Stars90 (~13 weeks)26 - 850153

Wrapping Up

The Sleeping Duck range of mattresses are some of the highest-rated mattresses on ProductReview, and they offer a few unique features to stand out from other boxed-mattress companies such as a variety of firmness options and not going with an all-foam construction. The main gripes from the small number of negative reviewers seem to centre around the longevity of the mattress, which is a common theme across the entire mattress category. As always, have a read through the reviews, and if you have any questions, you can post them in our Q&A area and a Sleeping Duck representative or a helpful member of our community will get back to you.

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium SingleSleeping Duck Mattress Medium King SingleSleeping Duck Mattress Medium DoubleSleeping Duck Mattress Medium QueenSleeping Duck Mattress Medium KingSleeping Duck Mattress Firm SingleSleeping Duck Mattress Firm King SingleSleeping Duck Mattress Firm DoubleSleeping Duck Mattress Firm QueenSleeping Duck Mattress Firm KingSleeping Duck Mattress Half-Half QueenSleeping Duck Mattress Half-Half King
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $799$899$1,099$1,349$1,449$799$899$1,099$1,349$1,449$1,349$1,449
Type Pocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket Spring
FirmnessMediumMediumMediumMediumMediumFirmFirmFirmFirmFirmCustomisableCustomisable
SizeSingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingSingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingQueenKing
Thickness30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)