Sleeping Duck Mattress
Listing monitored by Sleeping Duck

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Equally comfortable and supportive

• Can customise your mattress feel

• Good customer service

Thank you!!!!!

After extensive research my husband and I decided on the Sleeping Duck mattress and with a few tweeks we have got it right!!! Thank you so much for all your help and guidance.

Purchased in June 2021 for $2,000.00.

Nicole v.
Nicole v.

Happy Sleepers

Once I got the correct firmness which is medium and my husband needs firm - we are both sleeping better and not waking each other up turning over. Very happy sleepers!

Emma  Limburg
Emma LimburgGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do it!!!!

Don’t think twice!!! Best bed ever!!! Worth every cent!!! You really can’t feel your partner move on the other side!!! Wake up with no aches or pains will never buy another mattress again!!!

Purchased in March 2021 for $1,999.00.

Unhappy Jan
Unhappy JanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best Bed and After Sales Service Ever

Finally bought a bed worth having. Well made and the sales staff really care. Cannot fault the product or the after sales service which unfortunately is lacking from our previous bed buying experiences. Cant recommend them highly enough. Thank you Choice for recommending this company

Purchased in May 2021 for $2,000.00.

covo
covoMid North Coast, NSW

1 Year review

We bought the Sleeping Duck mattress about 12 months ago. It was really comfortable when we first got it as most mattresses are when you first get them.
I am not a light weight. About 120kg. I don’t really like laying in bed as my back generally gets pretty stiff. After 12 months on this mattress I actually don’t mind just laying there a bit as it is still very comfortable. I have spent well over double what I paid for this on other mattresses and they don’t compare. Would I recommend or buy again? Yes definitely.

Purchased in June 2020 for $1,499.00.

KD
KDCanberra 2600, ACT

Sweetest of sweet dreams!

I never write reviews on anything - so to be writing a review means I REALLY BLOODY LOVE IT! Do not deliberate as long as I did about buying a new mattress, I can't believe I didn't buy this sooner. With the flawless reviews on product and customer service plus options to modify and return I felt I couldn't lose out from this situation, and boy I haven't looked back. I could not recommend more highly, it's one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. THANK YOU!

Purchased in July 2021.

MaggieSouth East Queensland, QLD

JUST WOW

Purchased at Sleeping Duck online.

Ashley Evans
Ashley EvansVictoria

Best mattress ever, worth the money

The medium mattress is perfect for me and my partner as we both sleep on our sides. So soft and comfortable, always look forward to getting into bed after a long day. My quality of sleep has improved massively and am yet to find any faults. I love that the sleeping duck has soft handles on the sides, makes it so easy to change the bed sheets.

Purchased in June 2021 for $1,999.00.

great sleep

such a great mattress, easy to unpack, peaceful nights sleep every night. not too hot not too cold. i was dubious at first that the delivery would be as quick as it was but we were kept informed every step of the way and it arrived when it was expected.

Purchased in June 2021 at sleeping duck online.

Stanley X
Stanley XNew South Wales

The right mattress for me and excellent customer service

I hurt my back about six months ago and my old mattress was too soft and didn’t help with the back pain. I tried Sleeping Ducks half medium/half firm mattress, and found the firm half was still not hard enough for me. I called the service centre. They sent me an extra firm insert straight away. Delivery was quick and swapping the inserts were easy. Now I have peaceful sleep and my back is getting better. I am thinking of buying another Sleeping Duck mattress for the back up bed. Highly recommend!

Sleeping like a baby!

Excellent value and very comfortable supportive mattress. Initial issues with discomfort were quickly dealt with by customer service staff. The mattress took about a month before it felt comfortable. No more tossing and turning overnight.

ChrisR
ChrisRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loving more time in bed

Really good service and delivery.
Excellent instructions and comfort level with options to alter the mattress if we required after sleeping on the mattress in our bedroom is a great incentive to buy Sleeping Duck.
Only surpassed by how much better we both sleep thanks to a great mattress.

Purchased in April 2021 for $1,700.00.

Tashi
TashiPerth, WA

Believe the hype!

The best mattress I have had. So good being able to customise each side. Hubby is using firm, and I have medium. Great customer service, quick to send out firmness adjustments with in the 100 day timeframe.
Well worth it.

Purchased in April 2021.

Great Quality Mattress

The Sleeping Duck mattress is probably the best thing we have ever bought for the bedroom.
Highly recommend the Sleeping Duck and have told everyone we know who is thinking of buying a new mattress.
Great value for the quality of sleep we are now getting.

Purchased in April 2021 for $1,999.00.

RobW
RobWNorth Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Taylor Made Bed Options

We started out with a Queen Duck half/half - Firm/Medium, but I found I slept best on a soft due to sleeping on a water bed for years. Previously both waking up with lower back pain and stomach pain were realised our previous mattress had sagged. It wasn't a cheap mattress either but things change. Very happy you can tailor make your fitness half/half. No other mattress provides this and with the option and customer support is fantastic. Well worth the money.

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,649.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Cathie
Cathieasked
Medium Queen

Hi Has anyone compared the Firmness of the SD Medium to the firmness of the NOA Mattress Medium. I bought a Medium mattress from sleepy head over a year ago, it felt spongy and comfortable in the shop. But on purchasing it I found it to be very hard, I would have sworn it was a firm and never got used to it. I am currently trialing a NOA Medium ( They don't have a soft or hard) I find this one also to be incredibly hard. Before trialing a SD and making the same mistake I thought I would put the question about firmness out there. I know it is subjective , but I like to feel of sinking in and softness but also supportive. Any advice would be appreciative
Thanks Cathie

Maggie

Hi Cathie, We have a SD King Mattress Half and Half. My husband's side is a Medium which he loves, and I have a combination Soft and Medium, as I found the Medium a little firm and the Soft a bit too soft in certain areas. I am very happy with my combo now and am having a lovely restful sleep. I know my Sister likes a soft, but supportive, mattress; she two bought a SD in a Queen half and half, She has the soft on her side and medium for her husband and they are very happy with that. It really is an individual thing. I have found SD team to be very supportive of me in finding the right level of comfort and support. We are now well out of our 100day trial and are so glad we went with the SD mattress. Hope you find the right fit for you, best of luck. M

Hi Cathie,

That is a completely valid question!

While we're not familiar with the exact qualities and firmnesses of other brands, we find that what helps our Mattress to stand out from the crowd is the ability to change the firmness levels of the Mattress as you need, for a truly customised sleep.

You have two starting options to choose from - either Medium or Firm. (We also have a Half-Medium/Half-Firm option available for our Queen and King size Ducks)

If you are used to a softer mattress, we'd generally recommend starting on the Medium, as this will provide extra cushioning for the points of your body that sink into the Mattress.

We then ask you to try your initial firmness for as close to 21 nights as possible - after this time if you are still not 100% comfy we can then arrange an adjustment for you. This way you are not locked into a firmness that doesn't work!

The great news is, we also have a Soft option that we can move you to if you're still finding it a bit too firm after this time. All you'd need to do is get in touch with our team, and we'll send out some interchangeable inserts so you can adjust the firmness yourself at home.

Any firmness adjustments are free of charge during your 100 Night Guarantee, and you also have the option of returning your Mattress if it's just not right for you.

You can find out more about how it all works on our FAQs page here:

If you need any firmness advice, that's what our team is here for! Just give us a shout on 1800 667 196. We'd love to chat. :)

John J.
John J.asked
Medium Queen

Is the BreatheTech a Topper or en integral part of the bed ??

DeborahS
DeborahS

Just a topper - it's interchangeable from my understanding (haven't done it yet).
But ask Sleeping Duck to confirm - they are very helpful.

Hi John J,

What a great question!

Our Breathe Tech Cover is just as integral as any part of our modular design, as it's the sleep surface that your body is in direct contact with. This is why we've designed it to be super soft and breathable, allowing you to feel benefits of the AntiGravity foam underneath without compromising on comfort.

Made of an elastane and bamboo blend, it is created using a unique vortex twist method to minimise pilling over time, and increase longevity.

We've tested it to be washable more than 100 times, so you can refresh your Mattress regularly throughout its lifespan to keep it hygienic and clean. All you need to do is put it in the washing machine on a cold gentle cycle, and air dry it flat out of direct sunlight.

Not to mention that it's fully interchangeable so if you need a spare one handy, you can purchase an extra BreatheTech cover so you don’t have to factor in the drying time. We also have a waterproof version available if you need something with added protection.

If you're curious to know more, please sing out to our team on 1800 667 196.

Yuli R.
Yuli R.asked
Mattress

Hi guys, we are a couple who both work as chefs with the long hours of working standing our body always end up with lots of pain at night which mattress would u recommend for king bed? Thank u

Hey Yuli R,

Thanks so much for leaving us a question. We totally understand how important it is to make sure you're getting a decent nights rest after working a long day on your feet!

In terms of the best firmness to start with, we usually suggest one based off your sleeping styles (whether you sleep predominantly on your side, back or stomach) and any pain points you might have.

We usually find that most side sleepers have luck starting on the Medium, as it provides extra cushioning for the pressure points to offer ideal spinal alignment. Many back sleepers have success on the Firm, as it offers extra back support and helps prop your hips up.

Everyone is different though, so we usually find that good old fashioned trial and error is the best way to figure it out.

The good news is, if your initial firmness isn't working, you have the option of adjusting your firmness during your 100 Night Guarantee period. After you've tried the Medium or Firm for as close to 21 nights as possible, we also have a Soft and Extra-Firm option available, along with further customisation options later down the track.

You get unlimited free adjustments during this time, and our SDHQ team will be here to help guide you throughout your firmness journey. There's no need to worry about being stuck with something you don't love!

If you need any further firmness advice, our team would love to chat. Just give us a bell on 1800 667 196. :)

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress questions

Get an answer from our members and Sleeping Duck representatives

Sleeping Duck Mattress

Mattress materials

The Sleeping Duck SD Mach II is the second generation of the Sleeping Duck Mattress, and is designed with 4 layers.

• A knitted bamboo cover is soft, breathable, cooling and naturally hypoallergenic. It’s combined with ‘AntiGravity Surface Foam,’ which is soft and porous, which allows for easy breathability. The cover is also made to resist pilling, and is removable and washable. This allows for easy cleaning.
  • The second layer of the mattress is made from high density PU foam that’s supportive and environmentally friendly, being approved by GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia).
  • The third layer is also made from PU foam, which is available in either medium or firm comfort levels.
  • The mattress foundation is a multi-zoned spring system that’s crafted from twice-tempered steel springs. The springs function independently, which increases individualised support to specific body areas, and minimises partner disturbance.
  • The perimetres of the mattress are protected with the same steel springs in the mattress base, which Sleeping Duck states provides an extra 20% extra support, as you can squeeze right up to the edge of the mattress without feeling like you’re going to fall off.

Sleeping Duck mattress options

Sleeping Duck is unique because it allows you to get a half-half mattress (please see above in the Questions & Answers section for more information).

If you try both the medium and firm comfort levels, and neither of them is suitable, you can buy Precious Foam Pads later to turn the mattress feel into either Soft or Extra Firm.

The Sleeping Duck Mattress comes with a 100-night guarantee. During this period you can get free returns, and free firmness adjustments if you find the mattress (or your mattress half) is too firm or too soft.

This mattress is available in 5 sizes: single, king single, double, queen and king.

Price

The Sleeping Duck mattress costs $999 for a single mattress, and goes up to $1, 999 for a king size mattress.

Points of Praise

Reviewers were big fans of the Sleeping Duck mattress. The majority opinion was that this mattress greatly improved the overall quality of sleep. The mattress was described as plush and comfortable, while providing the right amount of support.

To many reviewers’ delight, sleeping on this mattress helped to alleviate neck, shoulder and back pain, as well as other bodily aches and stiffness after waking up.

The ability to customise mattress feels was also appreciated. When it came to choosing a more suitable firmness level, for example switching from a medium to a firm feel, the exchange process was described as quick, easy and problem free.

Reviewers also enjoyed the Impressive customer service they received from a friendly Australian team, including excellent after-sales service and fast delivery.

Compare all 12 Sleeping Duck Mattress

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium Queen

4.9
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $999.00$1,099.00$1,349.00$1,649.00
Type HD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket Spring
FirmnessMediumMediumMediumMedium
SizeSingleKing SingleDoubleQueen
Thickness31 cm31 cm31 cm31 cm
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare all 12 Sleeping Duck Mattress