6Sleeping Duck Mattress

Adjustment Period
  • Days
  • Weeks
  • Months
  • I never got used to it!
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes · No
  • Hard
  • Very Hard
4.9
Equally comfortable and supportive
Can customise your mattress feel
Good customer service

5,424 reviews
Deb17
Deb17Melbourne12 posts
  Medium Queen

Everyone should have a Sleeping Duck

Honestly the best mattress we have had & we had spent considerably more on our precious one. The Customer Service is second to none. Quick delivery, changed over the firmness on one side as soon as we asked & we got to keep the previous one too. The hype about Sleeping Duck is 100% the truth. Show details ·  1
Kristeen M.
Kristeen M.

Sooooo good

Best mattress ever. Sooo comfy.
Was sceptical about the online quiz suggesting firm but it’s perfect.
My partner thought a didn’t need a new mattress & was worried it would be too hot. But we’re both sleeping so well it’s amazing waking with much less stiffness in my back and hips!! Show details ·  1
Cameron Grant
Cameron GrantGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Firm King

Mattress so comfortable I could build a nest on it and never leave

Both my husband and I were nervous to spend such a large sum of money to end up with a fail. We were also worried the firm would be to firm, however with the return policy thought it was worth a try. From the first night in we loved it. Sleep improvement has improved. Morning pain has decreased. We are only a month in but if it's still like this in a year + we will be extremely happy. Show details ·  1
Christine Webb
Christine WebbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Brilliant experience ongoing!

Delivery, true to description, quality of materials and firm support as promised. Value for money Show details ·  1
mark steinhardt
mark steinhardtSouth East Queensland, QLD

the best sleep ever SD

don't wake up tired and sore anymore .just want to keep sleeping the besttt mattress iv'e ever had thankyou.sd mach 11 Show details ·  1
michelle
michelleSouthwest, VIC
  Medium Queen

MOST COMFORTABLE MATTRESS EVER AND I AM 60

I have enjoyed the sleeping duck so much , I have purchased a king size only because my husband is a bed hog!!
The mattress is most comfortable no back aches at all. It has maintained its shape very well, we are putting it into our caravan, and installing our king very soon. Show details ·  1
Jeremy I.
Jeremy I.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC
  Verified Medium Queen

This should be illegal!

Making a mattress that is this hard to get out of should be a crime...! No joke, this is the comfiest mattress my partner and I have ever slept on.
Our only negative is that the mattress weighs an absolute tonne, so changing sheets is a bit hard. But it is well worth it for the comfort and sleep quality we have been getting!!
Highly recommend! Show details ·  1
Rochelle
Rochelle

Amazing. Just amazing

Best mattress I have ever had. I sleep more soundly, wake up more rested and without those creaks and stiffness in my back. Its supportive but soft. I just cant explain it and I can't say enough - love it! Show details ·  1
jerry
jerryLyndhurst18 posts
  Firm King
gregol02
gregol02New South Wales6 posts
  Half-Half King

Best Mattress Ever!

Best mattress I've ever owned. My husband has the firm side and I have the medium side and we love the fact that we both got what we wanted. The reason we chose sleeping duck was because it provided so much flexibility in comparison to other mattresses. You can tailor it to suit your individual needs, you can wash the cover easily and you can replace the foam if it loses it firmness after a long period of time. There is no other mattress that provides all these benefits. My husband has a bulging disk in his back and has not had any issues since we got the mattress. I often get tension pain up the side of my neck into my head and have not had this occur since I started using the mattress. Love love love my new Sleeping Duck mattress. Show details ·  1
Gregory R.
Gregory R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Verified Half-Half Queen

Very happy with my SD Mach II mattress

I am very happy with my Queen Half-Half (firm-medium) SD Mach II mattress. I felt the difference the very first time I lay on it. I no longer wake up with aches and pains. I sleep on the medium side, and it conforms to my bony body, but is still very supportive. Sleeping Duck staff were very helpful, also. Show details ·  1
Karlie Keating
Karlie Keating
  Medium King

Sleeping well

Happy customer; good delivery;good set up; excellent sleeps ever since. Show details ·  1
Steve D.
Steve D.
  Verified Medium Queen

Sleeping the dream

Ordering on line easy Delivery and construction excellent. Sleeping better and less body aches (especially back) Show details ·  1
Jemma W.
Jemma W.Perth, WA
  Medium Double

If you are considering, I say buy it!

Absolutely buy this mattress. Especially if you have aches in your back or hips. It’s helped me immensely and the whole process from ordering to delivery was seamless.

Love my sleeping duck! Show details ·  1

Suz
SuzGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

The best mattress

We love our Sleeping Duck. From the very first night we have slept better than we have in a long time.
We chose firm which is great - not overly hard - very very comfortable.
Delivery was amazing, setting up the mattress was easy. Highly recommend. Show details ·  1

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Adam B.
Adam B. · Mattress

I’ve been looking at these mattress in a box option for some time. I fractured t12 just over 10 years ago and often get back pain. I’m now sleeping on a single due to poor sleeping with my wife. So I decided to get a new king single as that’s all I could fit in our spare room. I bought a standard ensemble but it’s a firm mattress. And I wake up most morning with sore hips. I sleep on my side as a general rule.

All I wanted was a SD but I keep seeing other brands but can’t decide. That said if I choose a SD am I still better with the medium foam to start

Anna Aranci · Mattress Firm

Hi there. I've had a Sleeping Duck mattress for a couple of years now and LOVE it. My problem lays in after moving house. Somehow my mattress arrived at my new home with a large hump in the middle of it and I haven't been able to flatten it back out.
Is there anything I can do to flatten my super comfy bed out again?

Anna Aranci

Thank you so much! I gave it a try and tonight I can sleep comfortably in the middle of my bed again. Glad I thought to ask!

Sleeping Duck   DM

No problems at all Anna! We're glad it was an easy fix, and that it's sound sleeping from now on. Sweet dreams!
SDHQ

FTC · Firm Queen

We are relocating to London and currently have and love our sleeping duck mattress. Can a new mattress be sent with our shipment still rolled up? Or do you ship to UK. Cheers.

FTC

Thank you for your prompt reply. If I sent a SD mattress in my consignment, would it be ok vacuum sealed for the three months it take to ship? Cheers, FTC

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress questions

Mattress materials

The Sleeping Duck SD Mach II is the second generation of the Sleeping Duck Mattress, and is designed with 4 layers.

• A knitted bamboo cover is soft, breathable, cooling and naturally hypoallergenic. It’s combined with ‘AntiGravity Surface Foam,’ which is soft and porous, which allows for easy breathability. The cover is also made to resist pilling, and is removable and washable. This allows for easy cleaning.
  • The second layer of the mattress is made from high density PU foam that’s supportive and environmentally friendly, being approved by GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia).
  • The third layer is also made from PU foam, which is available in either medium or firm comfort levels.
  • The mattress foundation is a multi-zoned spring system that’s crafted from twice-tempered steel springs. The springs function independently, which increases individualised support to specific body areas, and minimises partner disturbance.
  • The perimetres of the mattress are protected with the same steel springs in the mattress base, which Sleeping Duck states provides an extra 20% extra support, as you can squeeze right up to the edge of the mattress without feeling like you’re going to fall off.

Sleeping Duck mattress options

Sleeping Duck is unique because it allows you to get a half-half mattress (please see above in the Questions & Answers section for more information).

If you try both the medium and firm comfort levels, and neither of them is suitable, you can buy Precious Foam Pads later to turn the mattress feel into either Soft or Extra Firm.

The Sleeping Duck Mattress comes with a 100-night guarantee. During this period you can get free returns, and free firmness adjustments if you find the mattress (or your mattress half) is too firm or too soft.

This mattress is available in 5 sizes: single, king single, double, queen and king.

Price

The Sleeping Duck mattress costs $999 for a single mattress, and goes up to $1, 999 for a king size mattress.

Points of Praise

Reviewers were big fans of the Sleeping Duck mattress. The majority opinion was that this mattress greatly improved the overall quality of sleep. The mattress was described as plush and comfortable, while providing the right amount of support.

To many reviewers’ delight, sleeping on this mattress helped to alleviate neck, shoulder and back pain, as well as other bodily aches and stiffness after waking up.

The ability to customise mattress feels was also appreciated. When it came to choosing a more suitable firmness level, for example switching from a medium to a firm feel, the exchange process was described as quick, easy and problem free.

Reviewers also enjoyed the Impressive customer service they received from a friendly Australian team, including excellent after-sales service and fast delivery.

Compare all Sleeping Duck Mattress listings
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $1,999$1,649$1,649$1,999
Type HD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket Spring
FirmnessMediumMediumFirmFirm
SizeKingQueenQueenKing
FeaturesRemovable CoverRemovable CoverRemovable CoverRemovable Cover
Weight65 kg52 kg52 kg65 kg
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChina
Thickness31 cm31 cm31 cm31 cm
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Awards 2017, 2021, 2022 and 20232017, 2021, 2022 and 20232017, 2021, 2022 and 20232017, 2021, 2022 and 2023

Visit Official Website