Sleeping Duck Mattress
4.8 from 1,831 reviews

1,592

Perfect sleep every night

Very accurate and so well to sleep in at nice. My back has gotten better since using the mattress and is still the same quality as I brought it. Have not noticed any sagging as of yet

Purchased in August 2019 at Sleeping duck for $1,300.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Perceived FirmnessVery Soft

Greatness of a Mattress ever

This is a fantastic mattress as the rating I gave it would suggest .I have arthritis in most of my joints and there is no mattress which will stop the pain .The Duck goes a along towards achieving that .
My Wife absolutely loves it ,she has never slept better !!

Purchased for $900.00.

Sandeep V.

Sandeep V.Sydney, NSW

Good Mattress, but not perfect for me.

I bought two mattresses at the same time. One from Sleeping Duck and another from another brand. I must say that while Sleeping duck is much better than my previous mattress, I get a better sleep on the other one compared to Sleeping duck. That is why one less star. So my recommendation is that you will surely not be regretting buying Sleeping duck, but there may be options that may suit you better so test and try before you buy.

Discomfort Yes
Heat Retention Yes

Stephane C.

Stephane C.Perth, WA

Very Happy with our Sleeping Duck Materess

We're very happy with our Sleeping Duck Materess.
Purchased a King Size in Medium, it's firmer than I expected; however, it is very supportive and comfortable.
I no longer wake up sore.
Customer service is unbelievable (in a good way).
Delivery was extremely quick.
The entire process was simple.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,200.00.

COLIN Evans

COLIN EvansSouth East Queensland, QLD

Super comfy

Purchased online and delivered to my door, the whole process is so very easy.
Truly the most comfortable mattress Ive ever owned. 10 out of 10 ... in my humble opinion.
Cheers Sleeping Duck.

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,350.00.

So Confortable.

Supportive but so comfortable. Do not notice any movement from your partner. Good value for money and return policy is reassuring. Easy delivery and assembly. Great support from sleeping duck staff.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,400.00.

Heat Retention Yes

Tired Mum

Tired MumNew South Wales

Every Step Was Easy

Sleeping Duck has been a pleasure. Their communication was prompt and clear. I found their website easy to negotiate and there was no problem with changing from a medium to a soft mattress. I have also found their pillows to be very comfortable - I love jumping into bed knowing I can snuggle down in comfort and will have a good night sleep.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,474.00.

Clare Cowdery

Clare CowderyNortheast, VIC

Great mattress.

Easy delivery and set up. The mattress and bed provide a great nights sleep. We have previously spent a fortune on beds and just wanted to sleep at night. Now we can and we love it. Perfect, thank you

Purchased at Internet for $1,500.00.

Fiona Seers

Fiona SeersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best value mattress for comfort and quality

Exceptional value for the level of quality and comfort. Previously had a very expensive mattress (4k+) and this is just as good. Great service and delivered as scheduled. We didn't experience any smell when unpackaged and found the product to it be true to everything said on their website. Very happy customer!

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,400.00.

Susan McKinnon

Susan McKinnonSouth East Queensland, QLD

brilliant all my family want one now

Brilliant all my family wants one now. Have recommended to friends also. No sagging, very pleasantly surprised and enjoying a great nights sleep. bought one for my Mum and she cannot wait to go to bed at night. Sha suffer with arthritis so this is a Godsend.

Purchased at Direct from company .

Tracey Dalziel

Tracey DalzielGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it!

Loved it from the moment it arrived. We didn't find it took any time to adjust and feels soft and comfy but supportive. Having had lower back issues for many years I was surprised how good I feel waking up. Can't believe we put up with a bad mattress for so many years and the Duck is definitely affordable!

Purchased in July 2019 at Sleeping duck online for $1,350.00.

Sophie Strapps

Sophie StrappsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Its fsntastic

My bed has been very supportive and my lower back has been less sore since I started sleeping in it. Its been the best sleep Ive had. I love it. The only thing is I would give more time warning for people on how long it takes to fully inflate, I would say a week at least to get to full firmness.

Purchased in September 2019.

DianeD

DianeDGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great mattress , very comfortable

Sleeping so much better , less aches and pains .After tossing and turning for months on old mattress there has been a huge difference in quality of sleep. Would recommend to anyone struggling with sleep

Purchased in July 2019.

melissa cue

melissa cueMid North Coast, NSW

Mattralicious!!!!!!

Mattress is totally comfortable and supportive, quality of sleep has increased by 95%, has maintained shape, firmness, no sagging. This is THE best MATTRESS we have ever slept on. We thank you.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Amazing comfort at a great price

We have both loved our mattress from the very first night. It is incredibly comfortable - a perfect balance between comfort and support, and it was a great price for a king size.

Very Happy with our Sleeping Duck

The mattress is definitely comfortable and supportive and there are no hip or lower backaches. We don't feel one another moving at night - so makes for a more restful sleep. Still early days but we have not seen any sagging, so hope the shape and firmness are maintained in the long run. Very happy with our purchase!

Chris Jones

Chris JonesSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Sleeping has never been this luxurious!

We have been impressed with our mattress from the first evening we used it. It felt far more supportive than our old mattress, and more comfortable than most of the matresses we recall sleeping on. An old lower back injury has not given any indication of discomfort during sleeping on this bed. Thoroughly imptressed!

Purchased in August 2019 at Sneaking Duck for $1,449.00.

tigerblues

tigerbluesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

THE BEST MATTRESS EVER

I had my doubts that my sleep would improve too much but how wrong could I be. From the moment I slept on this mattress, I never wanted to get out of bed. I now sleep all night and wake up with no pain at all. I use to sleep hot - not any more. Sleeping Duck mattresses are SENSATIONAL. Their customer service is fantastic also. Ordered and received my mattress and bedding within 1 day. Talk about super fast. I would recommend Sleeping Duck to anyone that has interrupted sleep or just wants to enjoy the time they have in bed. I now sleep like a baby, and wake up free of pain. LOVE IT - BEST!

Purchased in August 2019 at Sleeping Duck for $1,300.00.

Dee

DeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect solution!

We went from a spring mattress to another company’s foam mattress which was still a terrible product. Sleeping Duck was by far a more superior mattress and offered best of both components, not only did they deliver quickly but once I raised my concern of the mattress not being firm enough they sent out the firmer inserts within a couple of days. My husband and I are now having restful sleep as well not waking up with any aches. Fantastic product!

Purchased in July 2019.

EmmaW

EmmaWCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Absolutely the best sleep I’ve ever had

Mattress is so supportive I have no sore spots, no lower back pain and wake up feeling refreshed each day. My sleep has improved dramatically. My dogs love it too

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,400.00.

Sleeping PositionFront

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Sumpy Dexter

Sumpy Dexterasked

Hey SD.

Im pretty keen to purchase one of your mattresses for the wife and I.
Im pretty heavy (185cm tall and 170kg), and the wife is the opposite (156cm tall and 70-75kg).
What do you recommend, or am I wasting my time.
Im happy to sacrifice my sleep for her comfort.

TIA.

Cheers, Sumpy.

Mo

Moasked

We are feeling rather hot with this mattress - should we add a sheepskin cover? We
are concerned with Summer around the corner.

Hi Mo,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We tend to see a spike in heat related questions as the seasons begin to change, as people switch bedding. However there are a few things you can do to help minimise with the heat in the mattress.

From our experience, we wouldn't recommend adding a sheepskin cover as this can be quite thick, which can contribute to the heat in the mattress.

We recommend using light breathable layers all year round. Remove any large and bulky mattress toppers and protectors and opt for a waterproof cover using natural fibres such as Tencel, bamboo and cotton.

Using the correct slatted base will also optimise the airflow through the mattress. Also keeping your room well ventilated, opening windows for as long as possible during the day.

If you find you're still feeling quite warm, please get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Get an answer from our members and Sleeping Duck representatives

While Sleeping Duck have been in the boxed-mattress game for as long as any of the other titans, the 3rd quarter of 2019 has seen them really pick up steam in terms of popularity and brand recognition. We've taken a cut of 284 reviews who answered some of our optional questions to get an idea of what people think of their Sleeping Duck mattress.

The segment of reviews we have taken data from is comprised of 284 reviews published between Feb 15th and Aug 20th 2019. At the time of writing, this represents roughly 18% of the total number of Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews.

Is the Sleeping Duck Mattress good value for money?

Our reviewers gave the Sleeping Duck Mattress an extremely positive average rating of 4.7 for Value for Money. Most of the positive ratings came from users who also gave the mattress a high overall score. Of the 15 surveyed reviewers who gave an overall rating of 3 or lower, the average Value for Money rating was only 1.46.

Suitability for those with neck or back issues.

Of the 284 users surveyed, 158 stated they had pre-existing neck or back issues and 149 of them (94%) said that their Sleeping Duck mattress did not cause any additional discomfort.

Sleeping Hot

Only 15.5% of respondents (44 people) felt that their mattress retained excessive heat.

Sagging

Only 9 of 284 reviewers (3%) said they had noticed significant sagging in their mattress. This low rate may be due to Sleeping Duck's mattress design which uses both pocket springs and foam, while many other boxed-mattress providers use solely foam.

Sleeping Position

We didn't find a big difference between Front, Back, or Side sleepers enjoyment of the Sleeping Duck mattress - they all rated theirs very positively. Note: reviewers were able to select more than one preferred position.

Sleeping PositionAverage RatingNumber of Respondents
Front4.9627
Back4.6862
Side4.78205

Longevity

Mattresses should be designed to last, but even a well-made mattress can take some getting used to, especially if it's a different type than one you've previously used. 74% people indicated it only took them a few days adjust to their new Sleeping Duck mattress, while 13% took a couple of weeks. As is typical for this category, we did find indications of a trend where reviewers who give a lower overall score tend to have owned their mattress for longer than those who gave a higher score.

Wrapping Up

The Sleeping Duck range of mattresses are some of the highest-rated mattresses on ProductReview, and they offer a few unique features to stand out from other boxed-mattress companies such as a variety of firmness options and not going with an all-foam construction. The main gripes from the small number of negative reviewers seem to centre around the longevity of the mattress, which is a common theme across the entire mattress category. As always, have a read through the reviews, and if you have any questions, you can post them in our Q&A area and a Sleeping Duck representative or a helpful member of our community will get back to you.

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm King Single

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium Queen

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium Queen

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium Double

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium Double

CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $899$1,449$799$1,349$1,449$1,349$1,099$899$799$1,449$1,349$1,099
Type Pocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket Spring
FirmnessFirmCustomisableMediumCustomisableFirmFirmFirmMediumFirmMediumMediumMedium
SizeKing SingleKingSingleQueenKingQueenDoubleKing SingleSingleKingQueenDouble
Thickness30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)