Sleeping Duck Mattress

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Sleeping Position
    • Side (719)
    • Back (173)
    • Front (72)
  • Adjustment Period
    • Days (746)
    • Weeks (94)
    • I never got used to it! (15)
    • Months (7)
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (63%) · No (37%)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (6%) · No (94%)
  • Heat Retention Yes (18%) · No (82%)
  • Sagging Yes (2%) · No (98%)
  • Perceived Firmness
    • Medium (604)
    • Soft (124)
    • Hard (99)
    • Very Soft (17)
    • Very Hard (4)

Great bed, super comfy, but a little smelly

Bought this for our daughter and she’s been sleeping great in her first big girl bed! Copes well with being jumped on lots too. I do find that it’s quite warm for me but I do run hot. Only negative for us would be that the “new mattress” smell lasted about a month, but our daughter didn’t seem to mind

Bigalbaby

BigalbabySydney Surrounds, NSW

A very comfortable mattress but not perfect

The sleeping duck mattress has improved our sleep but I find it a hot mattress to sleep on, having a bad back it has improved this situation greatly for me, my wife sleeps like a little puppy on it so that is the main thing. When getting into bed it dips a bit on the side but when you are in, you are in, all ok.

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,480.00.

Sagging Yes
Perceived Firmness Very Soft

JoeP

JoePAustralian Capital Territory

Cloud 9 for a good nites sleep

The Medium firmness mattress was just right for a restful nights sleep.
Excellent all round softness and comfort. No"Dips" or sagging.
You must buy this...trust me you will love the matteress..
joe pinto

Purchased in December 2019 at Dream Drives Melbourne for $1,099.00.

Lynniej

LynniejVictoria

Like sleeping on a cloud

Pre-existing back, neck and shoulder issues have improved a great deal. I had a pain-free sleep the first night! Have been sleeping more soundly...even dreaming! Now purchasing a single for my granddaughter.

Purchased in January 2020.

Why did I look without buying for so long?

Love, love, love this mattress! No more sore back or hips and I wake up feeling rested. I don’t want to sleep away from home because I can’t bare to sleep on another mattress. I love how the mattress holds its shape right to the edge.

CraigS

CraigSSouth East Queensland, QLD

My new resting place

Great product, great service and prompt delivery. A very comfortable matterest that is very easily upgraded for comfort/support firmness at no additional cost. Great communication through out the sale process

Sleeping PositionBack

sound sleeping experience

The best way to find out what is really suited to yourself and your partner is to experience time on the various options and the half and half worked perfectly for us after a few weeks trial. Great support and service through the whole experience.

Purchased in November 2019.

Pottsy

Pottsy

Great Mattress Thank You Sleeping Duck

Great mattress, very supportive the Queen bed (hard) is just right for me. Now sleep right through the night and great for my aching back. Thanks Sleeping Duck. Highly recommended

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,350.00.

Perceived Firmness Hard

the reviews don’t lie - this is a very comfy mattress

Hated my super hot latex king. Bought a queen half-half, preferred the firm, easy swap over. Has not alleviated back pain completely but mattress is super comfy and I look forward to sleeping on it nightly.

Caused Discomfort Yes

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

Can't believe we went so long without one

Mattress is incredibly comfortable. Initially thought medium would be too soft but turned out to be just right.
I have back issues and I certainly noticed i have been waking up less sore and sleeping more soundly. So far mattress has held up terrifically well.

Purchased in January 2020 at Sleeping duck for $1,000.00.

Perceived Firmness Medium

So much better than we expected!

Both my husband and I don’t wake anymore with body aches and pain. We are in our 50’s and we are both very happy with the the comfort support and price of our new mattress. It’s designed to suit our different needs and we both feel it’s the most comfortable bed we have slept in. No sagging noticed but we have only had the mattress for 2 months.

Perceived Firmness Soft

no more sore back

I don't wake up with a sore back anymore. I enjoy getting into bed every night.
My sleep seems to be much more effective.
My wife says she falls asleep a lot quicker.

Purchased in December 2019 at sleeping duck richmond.

THERESA HOWARD

THERESA HOWARDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just Perfect

Extremely comfortable and supportive at all times
Quality of sleep has improved and it’s a joy to get into bed
Completely durable, it has maintained its shape firmness
Should have got one years ago

Perceived Firmness Medium

Love our Sleeping Duck Mattress! Affordable, great quality and service.

We were overdue for an upgrade and I was literally sick and tired of waking with back, hip and neck pain. Thanks to Google, I did my research and took a leap of faith- so glad I did! No regrets! Great quality and comfort second to none. I really appreciated the follow up texts and support from the team. We ordered a half/half. My husband loves his firm side and he has never slept better. My back pain eased significantly but I just felt that I needed a change of firmness to support my back and sleeping style as I like to be on my side. This was no problem, the Sleeping Duck team had all the right answers. It took a good 3-4 weeks for my body to adjust and now I wake with no pain :) Happy Days.

Super Comfortable

I was sceptical of the quality of a mattress in a box, but after trying i would recommend to everyone. So comfortable, firm yet super soft, could stay in bed all day. Customer service is top notch too.

Sleeping PositionFront
Perceived Firmness Soft

David W

David WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service and delivery.

Purchased in February 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Caused Discomfort Yes

Lisa Bradley

Lisa BradleyPerth, WA

Great sleep

Sleeping is so much better and back has improved greatly. The bed is very supportive and we are very happy that we chose the firm. Online process and delivery was fantastic

Purchased for $1,500.00.

Sleeping PositionFront

Fantastic Service & Very Comfortable Mattress

Firstly the ordering of our mattress was incredibly easy and efficient, it was ordered online on a public holiday and delivered the very next day!! The mattress has been very comfortable from the first night, absolutely no dipping or sagging and no partner disturbance. We are very happy with our new mattress, thank you Sleeping Duck!

Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can’t live without my duck!!

From the compact packaging this mattress has more than impressed my husband & I!
We have spent over $5000 on mattresses and we could not believe the quality of the Sleeping duck mattress. And this king mattress was $1500!! Yes $1500 !!!
It’s perfectly supportive in all the right areas which my back & shoulders love. My husband moves during the night & I don’t feel him move at all, no shock waves on this mattress!! Priceless!! Never had a better sleep and wait for it ...... it has a removable top cover which u can pop in any front loader easily. Too easy.. so Mr & Mr Sleeping Duck we thank you for all the wonderful sleep we are having and you know, the extra bits too!
Love love love the customer service team absolutely fabulous!!

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,500.00.

Sharree

SharreePerth, WA

Sleep Changing!

My wife and I bought ourselves the Sleeping Duck King Size Mattress (and 2 of the pillows) as our Christmas gift to each other. BEST GIFT EVER! We are both enjoying a cozy, restful, comfortable and supportive nights sleep and are both waking up feeling so much better. I found I needed the firmer support whereas the lady liked the softer. Sleeping Duck were only to happy to accommodate this need and send us a firm insert for just my side of the bed which has been perfect so far. From the ordering process to the delivery and after sales support I cannot fault this company nor their product. Quality at a great price! .. PS: The pillows exceeded our expectations, they don't look like your average pillow but they are a dream in disguise.

Purchased in December 2019 at Sleeping Duck for $1,449.00.

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

christina b.

christina b.asked

We would like to purchase a super king mattress from you and want to know the next step?
Email address is Christinabatsoukas@live.com.au

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for the question Christina. We have also sent you an e-mail, but we'll outline it here as well!

Unfortunately we don't currently produce a Super King Sleeping Duck mattress.

Due to machinery limitations we can only make our Ducks in traditional Australian sizes from Single up to King.
Additionally, because our mattresses are pre-made in these standard Australian sizes with designated levels of firmness built in, we are also unable to offer custom sizing.

For those looking to get their hands on a Duck you have the option of placing your order via our website (sleepingduck.com), and by giving us a call on 1800 667 196.

If you were to purchase over the phone you would be able to pay via card (we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express). If you were to order online, payment could be processed via card, PayPal, or an online financing option through ZipMoney.

Graham D.

Graham D.asked

The smell on my new mattress is so bad that I've had to stop using it and have pulled out the foam to try to air it. The foam feels almost greasy, is this normal?

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for reaching out to us Graham.

When opened our mattress will have a bit of an initial smell as it has been vacuum sealed for transport.

The smell definitely isn't toxic, and although most customers report that it dissipates after approximately 3 days, it should definitely disappear after at most few weeks or so.

However if you were struggling with that initial odour, our first recommendation to help speed up the process is to air the foam outside (as you have now done) out of direct sunlight, and ensure that pillow cases or linen (for example) are being washed as the smell can linger on these.

If you had any further concerns about any aspect of your Duck, whether about the smell or the feel of the foams, feel free to get in contact with us via a Direct Message here on Product Review. We can then have a look into the issue for you.

Tajstar

Tajstarasked

I’m wondering if anyone has had this mattress for longer than 12 months and can tell me if they are still happy with it and has it sagged at all? Thanks

Bonnie
Bonnie

We have had ours almost 18 months, and still absolutely love it. No sag, no discolouring, no deterioration in the foam or latex inside. So much better than all our previous mattresses. We have a king sized medium firm, and the base as well.

Hi there!

One of the best things you can do to get the absolute most out of your Duck is ensure that you are diligent in rotating it in order to disperse the wear and tear it receives, and to use a bed base that provides the necessary support.

We recommend rotating our Ducks head to toe (180 degrees) once a month for the first 6 months, and then quarterly after that. You can also find some great examples of the necessary base support and warranty conditions on the warranty page of our website.

Get an answer from our members and Sleeping Duck representatives