Sleeping Duck Mattress

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Sleeping Duck Mattress In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

3,035 reviews

Allan

AllanPerth, WA

Couldn't be happier

Since buying the sleeping duck I no longer have aches and pains. I wake up refreshed and rested and couldn't be happier.

Buying a new bed/mattress can seem to be expensive BUT the investment in Sleeping Duck is rewarded time and time again. Allan

Purchased in May 2020 at Factory Direct for A$1,900.00.

DanielMac

DanielMacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Damn this is a FINE mattress!

This thing is so damn good. I ordered the medium as recommended for side sleepers. I generally go between side and back sleeping. And it is amazing. Soft, yet supportive. Perfect amount of firmness to feel supported, yet soft like a cloud. I wake up way more refreshed and relaxed now. My old mattress wasn't old (5years) - it was an expensive sealy, and we upgraded to a king size sleeping duck. Best move ever. Highly recommend this mattress. It's well made, it feels like it will last. Does not feel cheap in any way (other than price).

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Eva L.

Eva L.

So glad we made this decision

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Sleeping PositionBack

BrianV

BrianVGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Improvement on previous mattresses and I've had a few. I worked for Dunlopilo/Sleepmaker for a number of years.

I have both neck and back issues as well as sleep apnea but find Sleeping Duck very comfortable. The combination of the high resilience and pocket springs a comfort I haven't experienced before.

Purchased in May 2020 at 28mobile Online store for A$1,349.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

DavidH

DavidHPerth, WA

Excellent product and after purchase support.

All mattresses should be made this way, with the ability to adjust the firmness after purchase to suit personal requirements. We initially selected the medium option, but after the initial use changed to half soft and half firm. The after purchase support was outstanding when we changed the firmness at no additional cost.

Purchased in March 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,400.00.

Almost fantastic!!

I love the mattress and I have tried medium and firm. I found the medium just a little too soft for me but the firm was much better. I found my back ache improved so much with the firm but I do believe with the extra firm it will go away completely. Sleeping Duck are so helpful and the mattress is of such a high quality it’s ridiculous to believe the price is so good and affordable. I truly love this mattress

Di Todd

Di ToddMorayfield

It's like sleeping on a cloud

From the moment, I lay down on this mattress, I was truly amazed at how comfy it was and it suited my sleeping habits and pattern so well. It is a dream bed. I have shared this with many others as I just love this product.

Purchased in April 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$2,500.00.

David Pollock

David PollockGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never slept better

Have never slept better. The mattress is extremely comfortable and supporting. It provides support around the middle of your body without sagging and doesn't cause any shoulder pain at all. Never want to get up in the morning anymore.

Heather P.

Heather P.Southwest, VIC

First encounter - love at first sleep!

First impression was 'so soft' yet firm underneath. If you can snuggle into a mattress you can with this one! Best investment I have made recently. It is a bit higher than the previous one but a minor point.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,499.00.

Sleeping on a ☁️

The medium queen mattress provides the right amount of support and cushioning from head to toe. The quality of my sleep has definitely improved. You will not be disappointed in purchasing this mattress!

Tasha S.

Tasha S.Perth, WA

Extremely comfortable and luxurious

My husband and I have both experienced a much better nights and Hubby no longer wakes up with a backache since we purchased our Sleeping Duck Mattress. although unfortunately it hasn’t stopped his snoring lol :)

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,599.00.

Simply the best

The best mattress my partner and I have ever slept on. We are in absolute bliss as soon as we hop into bed. My lower back pain has disappeared and I’m sleeping the best I ever have. Highly recommend

Very good customer care

I bought Sleeping duck mattress three month ago. The next day delivery was promised and happened. I chose firm mattress but changed my mind two times and they sent me soft and semi soft in a very reasonable time without any hesitation. I’m very satisfied with high level of after sales service and hopefully will experience high quality mattress in a few years. This guy us highly recommend

Purchased in April 2020.

Thundercat

ThundercatPerth, WA

Yaaaasssss.....

This matress has offered me more comfort than my husband ever has. Left my husband, gained a matress. I Wake up every morning feeling completley satisfied. Im in love with my Sleeping Ducky!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,500.00.

ErinJ

ErinJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great

The mattress has so far been wonderful, no movement when my husband moves about and the firmness is felt right to the edge. Temperature is good and we have been sleeping well.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Sleeping PositionFront

Find out how Sleeping Duck Mattress compares to other Mattresses

Great Support from this heavy queen

We love sleeping on our new duck mattress bed. The springs provide an evenly distributed support. Our only drawback is that it's so heavy, it's difficult to make the bed. Both my husband and I are going to have to develop our muscles with weight training to be able to lift up the corners of the bed so we can tuck in the sheets easily.

Perceived Firmness Hard
Ross

RossSouth East Queensland, QLD

EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,200.00.

VickiS

VickiSGippsland, VIC

Now look forward to going to bed

Initially deciding between firm or medium topper was difficult as my husband likes firm and I prefer a little softer but with the option to exchange either side we went with a firm top.
I was pleasantly surprised as I no longer wake with back or shoulder pain.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,499.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Corina Davis

Corina DavisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect choice

My medium firmness mattress is firm and comfortable, thankfully not too soft. No more waking aching and no sore shoulders from side sleeping. Have moved the mattress once and no dips in the bed. My only issue is that we feel a little hot so hoping it will be ok for summer. My husband wanted to get a firmer foam on his side to see if this will help with the heat.Sleeping Duck were more than helpful to send us the firm foams. Customer service has been amazing, I ordered our mattress at 4.30pm online and received it the next day. We have two levels, the mattress is extremely heavy, a minimum of two people required to lift it. Highly recommend this mattress.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,449.00.

Shoegirl

Shoegirl

Great Mattress!

The mattress is the perfect firmness for me and my partner, it’s very comfortable. The only criticism is that it is a little high off the ground compared to my old mattress and I need to get used to it!

Purchased in May 2020 at Sleeping Duck website for A$1,699.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Robert

Robertasked

Medium Queen

Hi there ,
I would like to buy the Queen Medium Mattress , and send it to overseas.
Now the problem is if the person didn’t like the Medium feeling and prefers the hard 1 this will be a big problem to send again the hard 1.
I was wondering if it’s possible to include the hard 1 too if possible and how much $$$ extra do I have to pay.
Thank you !
Best regards
Robert

David
David

Ask the customer service person as i don't believe it to be a problem but there will be another package to send and I am not sure about the price

GaryB.
GaryB.

i agree with the above comments. Ask customer service, My wife found the medium, not supportive enough. We had a firm mattress before, that is why i ordered firm on my side and the wife wanted to try the medium. She kept on moving closer to me as she said the firmness felt better. (her words) good luck with your purchase you wont a better mattress in my opinion

Anthony Vince

Anthony Vinceasked

Mattress

Can I still put my mattress protector on or does it spoil the mattress performance?

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for the question Anthony!

We would absolutely recommend the use of a mattress protector! This will keep your Duck looking nice and fresh and protect the foams.

One that is waterproof and made from a lightweight, natural material such as bamboo or tencel would be best, this will limit any heat retention and will not affect the performance of your mattress :)

Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

Kind regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Helzasked

Pro Mattress Half-Half

Hi we’ve had our half half mattress delivered today! We’ve unwrapped it but how do we know what half is which? We’ve unzipped it but that reveals two different coloured foam, but not white or purple as we’d expected!

LesleyG
LesleyG

I suggest you contact Sleeping Duck directly as l don’t know if they have changed their colour coding. Purple from memory is hard.

Helz

Thanks Lesley, appreciate that. I’d like to think that when we lie on it we can tell the difference but we’re in the 3 hour wait so we’ll wait til later! Are you a happy customer? Can’t believe how it fits in that box!!

Hi Helz,

Thanks for the question.

Oh, it really is exciting to watch the Duck hatch!

We have actually been testing out different dyes for our foams, we understand it can be a little confusing as you were expecting to see purple and white foams.

The Medium foam will be a light grey and the Firm will be a darker grey.

This colour change will not affect the performance or functionality of your foams, the only difference is the colour :)

Don’t hesitate to let us know if we can help with anything else!

Kind regards,