Sleeping Duck Mattress

Sleeping Duck Mattress

Firm, Half-Half and Medium
4.8 from 1,431 reviews

Good for couple of years then sags

Had my Sleeping Duck Titan mattress for 3 years and had to replace it due to too much sagging. My partner and I felt like we were constantly rolling into the centre and we're not that heavy. I think the Titan was okay for the first 2 years but my guess is there's too little supporting material (springs, strong foam etc) to last the long term. The foam only mattresses are attractive because they can be compressed easily and packaged for mailing direct to the consumer at a decent price but they lack the long term support you get from stiffer materials.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Our comfy fluffy duck.

Our mattress has been so comfy and supportive giving me a solid 7or8 hrs sleep and my wife who has been struggling for years having a good night sleep even has a good 6hrs which is great for her.It might be early to tell but my side of the bed does not feel as firm as the day we got it but if it stays as is for years to come I will be happy. Great value for money and I would recommend this mattress to anyone.

Sleeping PositionFront

Best mattress I've ever had! So comfortable & supportive

I needed a new mattress and heard about the Sleeping Duck mattress in a Choice review. Since there's a 100 night trial/guarantee, a 10 year warranty, plus free delivery, I figured I had nothing to lose (and much easier than buying/choosing one in a shop!). I bought the Queen size Medium Mattress - I'm both a side and back sleeper.
My old mattress (which was about 8 years old & cost me about $700 when I bought it) was uncomfortable and waking me up throughout the night, every night. I was waking up with a sore lower back every morning and throughout the night. This mattress is so comfortable and very supportive! The first night that I slept on it I had the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. My back pain was almost completely gone in the morning. I only woke up maybe once during the whole night (I was waking up every hour or so with my old mattress).
The mattress is very durable. It has maintained its firmness, and has not sagged any more than you would expect.
It is a bit heavy, and for me it was definitely a two person job to set it up. I don't know whether it's the pocket springs that make it heavier (my old mattress was a regular spring mattress). On saying that, when you order the mattress it very clearly stated that the queen weighs 48kg and is a two person job. It also clearly says that the courier cannot bring it inside your house, and if that is a problem to give them a ring and talk to them about it. You also receive an email with a video guide on how to set it up. It was easy to set up. There was a bit of a smell for a few days, but it didn't bother me too much; I am very sensitive to smells (eg. perfumes, chemical smells, etc.), but I was able to sleep on it straight away. It has two solid/large handles on each the sides of the mattress which makes it much easier to lift it to change the sheets and rotate the mattress.
The customer service was excellent - since buying it Sleeping Duck have contacted me twice to check in & see how the mattress is going.
I highly recommend this mattress! So much easier and less stressful than going into a store to buy one. It doesn't make you feel too hot either.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,349.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium

Great bed. Very comfortable!

Very comfortable and supportive mattress. Better sleep than before, with back problems. Only a couple of months but seems to be holding its shape and firmness. No sagging as far as we can tell.

Comfortable +++

My husband and I both like a firm mattress but I can’t sleep on something hard.It is nice and firm yet soft to cushion my frame.Its seems very dense and there is no spring noise or movement felt by the other person at night. I was sceptical but I’m sold, love my duck.

Purchased in March 2019 at On line for $1,500.00.

Fantastic

It took a week or two to get used to it. Our last mattress was so old that it was a lot softer. I needed to by a higher pillow due to the mattress being firmer. Now after 6 weeks or so its really comfortable. I don't wake up every time I turn over like I did before with the old mattress. I wake up without any aches and pains. I scored it a 4 but really is a 4.5.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,300.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

A Relief!!

I have put off buying a new mattress for many years cause i was afraid I would still be uncomfortable after spending so much money. The 99 night trial persuaded me. I have to say I LOVE it.!! At first I thought uh oh a bit firm but once lying on it it's been perfect for my aching back and still is. It really is a great product. Customer service also good.Thankyou Sleeping Duck.

Purchased in February 2019 at On internet.

Sleeping PositionBack

Best sleep ever

This is the best mattress by far. Hard to please my wife but the Duck did it. No problems with sagging. My only issue is my wife hogs the mattress. Never buy any other mattress

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Great improvement on what we had

Comfortable and main benefit is the split of sides so we each have our own options for firmness of the mattress. Will be keen to know how the mattress lasts.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,300.00.

Best bed ever

Very comfortable, we love our mattress. I don't feel my husband moving around and he hasn't snored since we started using it. I highly recommend this bed, inexpensive and convenient.

Purchased in April 2019 at Sleeping Duck for $3,000.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Very comfortable. I can sleep right on the edge of the mattress and it doesn’t slant - makes the bed feel even bigger. Fast delivery and great value. I recommend it

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,789.00.

Perceived FirmnessSoft

Great mattress - dog not happy

We were impressed with how easy it was to order our new mattress through your website. It arrived in good time and was easy (and fun) to unpack. At first it seemed soft compared to our old mattress but now it seems really comfortable and we have slept well. The only one not happy is the dog. She used to be able to jump up onto the old mattress which was a lot lower but can’t quite make it up to the sleeping duck. Maybe that’s contributing to our better sleep!

Perceived FirmnessSoft

Ducking love it

Partners sore back & my own sore neck have greatly improved!
Super durable
Very comfortable, I look forward to jumping into bed each night!
Really loving the sleeping duck, value for money is incredibly high and this is the best mattress I have ever owned. Love it guys keep up the good work.

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,100.00.

Just beautiful x x

I am thrilled with my Sleeping Duck mattress and base. So thrilled. I feel like a queen as I get into bed every night! The service was also personalised and excellent. Thanks so much, Sleeping Duck!

Sleeping PositionFront
Perceived FirmnessVery Soft

Luxurious sleep every night, a joy to go to bed.

My new mattress of two weeks is so comfortable/soft but supportive! I’ve had lower disc surgery (x2) & it’s been such a relief to sleep on, enabling me to wake with no back pain. I’d previously bought from a reputable mattress company (firm) & it was uncomfortable & unforgiving from the beginning, always waking sore & tired. It was spring based so partner disturbance was terrible.

Fantastic mattress

This is the most comfortable mattress I’ve owned - I no longer wake up sore and it’s really stable which is great as a light sleeper. I did quite a bit of independent research to work out what was likely the best mattress to buy (based on sleeping position and other preferences) before I settled on Sleeping Duck and I couldn’t be happier.

Purchased in March 2019.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Soft and cosy top layer, and firm at the same time. So comfortable!

I bought this to help with the lower back pain every morning when I woke up. It’s really improved how I feel after a nights sleep and my favourite thing is that it is has a soft and cosy top layer so even though the support is firm, it feels so nice getting into bed each night. Service and delivery was again great this time- I bought my kids king singles from this company back in 2016 and pleased to say still very happy with them!

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,099.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard

Bloody brilliant.

I have back issues and have always had problems with sleeping as a result. This super firm mattress from Sleeping Duck has made my days by making my nights. At first I thought it may have been a little too firm. But a few weeks in, I think the mattress has given just enough that now it is simply perfect.
We had bought a mattress that was double the price prior to this one and I had thought it was good. But this one is great. One night on the other mattress now and I get an ache in my back. The Sleeping Duck RULES!

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,250.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Perceived FirmnessVery Hard

A perfect night sleep.

Thank you Sleeping Duck. We love our mattress which is half medium & half firm (my side). I have bad back pain & with our other mattress I would frequently wake throughout the night in pain. Not now.
I also don't feel the mattress move when our children creep in during the night. I can't recommend the Sleeping Duck enough.

Purchased in March 2019.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side
Perceived FirmnessHard

Life changing

I had been using sleeping tablets and pain meds for the passed 8months to sleep... since getting this mattress I haven’t used medication once (-; . it’s changed my life ... I was suffering from bursitis in the hip lower back pain and getting numbness in my arm ( I’m
a side sleeper ) .... Do yourself a favour buy one !!!!

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,400.00.

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Hi can you use an electric blanket with the sleeping duck mattress

I suffer with allegies, latex and some foams do not suit have a strong petrol smell to me. Will this mattress suit me
Jen, we have had our mattress for nearly 2 months. We felt it had a strong Latex smell after we unpacked it, so we did not use it for 3 days...just let it air with the bedroom windows open. After the 3 day airing all smell was gone, and we have been using it, smell free, ever since. We are very happy with it. Regards DennisHi Jen, Thank you for asking! Our mattress does not contain any memory foam or latex, however it will have a smell when first opened due to vacuum sealing. As Dennis has mentioned this should dissipate over the first few days, however people who identify as particularly sensitive may find it lingers a bit longer. We recommend getting in touch by calling us at 1800 667 196 or emailing us at info@sleepingduck.com, as we can always provide tips and tricks to help speed up the airing process. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck

I am wondering what sort of base these mattresses are designed to work with I need a new mattress for my slatted base bed and suffer from lower back issues - imagining the firm sleeping duck the way to go but wondering about it’s response when placed on a slatted base? Thanks
Do we have to buy specialised sheets or do the standard fitted sheets work with the Duck?Hi Sue, Thank you for getting in touch to ask! Our mattress is compatible with mostly flat or slatted bed bases, but it does vary based on how the bed base is constructed. We have the requirements outlined at the bottom of our warranty page at https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/ with some diagrams to help. If you're not sure if your bed base is suitable, feel free to email us through some photos at info@sleepingduck.com so we can take a look for you. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck

Medium SingleMedium King SingleMedium DoubleMedium QueenMedium KingFirm SingleFirm King SingleFirm DoubleFirm QueenFirm KingHalf-Half QueenHalf-Half King
Price (RRP) $799$899$1,099$1,349$1,449$799$899$1,099$1,349$1,449$1,349$1,449
Type Pocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket Spring
FirmnessMediumMediumMediumMediumMediumFirmFirmFirmFirmFirmCustomisableCustomisable
SizeSingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingSingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingQueenKing
Thickness30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChinaChina
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)

Similar listings