Sleeping Duck Mattress

1,748

JMJ

JMJVictoria

A great purchase

Purchased in October 2019 at Sleeping Duck for $1,349.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Great comfort and excellent

it maintained its shape and firmness so far i only had for about 3 weeks but has been nice to sleep in i hope i have years use so far so good

Purchased in October 2019 at richmond sleep duck for $1,099.00.

Lenny03

Lenny03Safety beach

Much more comfortable.

My wife and I purchased a queen sized firm sleeping duck mattress, at first we were comfortable but then decided the firmness was to hard. We then contacted sleeping duck and had the firmness swap to medium done with no fuss at all, now we are much more comfortable and sleeping way better and waking with no aches and pains.

Purchased in August 2019.

Marianne Conner

Marianne ConnerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best sleep in 35 years

Great comfort great support had a bad back great support. Sleep right through the night Instead of waking every few hours. Have not noticed any sagging to date only had for 3 months though.

Comfortable & Easy to order

Very snuggly mattress . Hubby had sore neck with old one so time to update!
Very happy with purchase.
Would recommend wholeheartedly.
Ordered this from word of mouth & it definitely paid off. Good buy.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,349.00.

Perceived FirmnessHard

Spro

SproSouth Australia

Out with the old

Had previous mattress for at least 25 years so it was time for a new one, shopped around and finally decided to give Sleeping Duck a go because of all the positive reviews it received.
The whole process from ordering to delivery was so professionally done and the final test was sleeping on it which it passed with flying colours.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,300.00.

Adam Tambakau

Adam TambakauGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Feels like sleeping on a cloud

3 months in, and I can't recommend Sleeping Duck more. With the top layer being so cushy, it feel like I'm melting into a cloud everytime I go to bed, yet the solid base at the bottom helps keep my back from feeling cramped or strained.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,349.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side

RobCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Poor after sales service.

Purchased this mattress in king size with half medium half firm, didnt not realize just how firm it would be! Now after trying the soft side and finding it much much more comfortable we asked to be sent another soft insert. Customer service told us to wait another couple of weeks for the firm side to firm up more! Terrible after sales service, seems once they have your money they want nothing to do with you despite their promises.

Purchased in December 2019.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Perceived FirmnessVery Hard
KarenA

KarenAGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A great mattress, a great sleep

Since getting the Sleeping Duck mattress, both I and my partner are sleeping much better. No aches and pains other than existing medical conditions. Not overheating, no sagging of mattress so far. Excellent decision to buy Sleeping Duck

Probably too comfortable....

Being a well traveled couple, we happened to stay in a Queensland Motel where a famous mattress company had provided one of their top of the line (expensive) mattresses for customer evaluation. It was different from what we were used to at home, but too soft on top and felt hot. Shortly after, we happened to be travelling into Melbourne and heard a Sleeping Duck radio advertisement, so stopped off at the showroom to satisfy our curiosity. Needless to say we ordered one and three days later our sleeping experience has changed forever. Both of us are sleeping better, less disturbed and waking refreshed without the occasional back pain I would experience.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,300.00.

Jenna

JennaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing! We absolutely love our new sleeping duck mattress. We have not slept this well in years.

Mattress is so comfortable and supportive, I have had less headaches and back aches since having it. It feels like it moulds to your body perfectly. Looks and feels super durable.

Sue Hill

Sue HillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Why did I wait.........

Purchased in November 2019 at On line for $1,500.00.

Amaazzziiinnnggg

So comfy but firm. As soon as you get in you just wanna stay there. We tried other mattress companies but returned them. As soon as I saw this I knew it was gonna be fantastic, and it is!

Daniel Grasso

Daniel Grasso

Loving the Sleeping Duck mattress

My wife and I love our new Sleeping Duck mattress, and will be buying more for our children in the future. The only negative I have is that the product is assembled in China with Australian materials, and would like to see the assembly return to Australia in the future.

Elizabeth

ElizabethSouth Australia

Single bed mattress option

My firm option mattress was the correct choice for me. My back and spine are well supported and sleep has improved so much. My back will never be that of a young person...but sleeping on a good mattress choice has so many benefits...and I am very pleased with my choice.

Fiona Gillen

Fiona GillenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love it. Never want to leave my bed!

Very comfortable and yet supportive. I'm a side sleeper so got the medium - best sleep I've ever had and no more sore back! I highly recommend this bed and this company.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,000.00.

Charles Donnelly

Charles DonnellyHobart, TAS

Yes it's bloody brilliant

You won't regret buying this bed. Exercise care opening it and consider buying their custom base as it's an unconventional size. You also need to consider using different size sheets for the fitted sheet as it's bigger than a normal one.

Purchased in June 2019 at Sneaking Duck.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side

Tessa H.

Tessa H.

Love the zero partner disturbance

Love my mattress, I can finally sleep without my partner waking me up. The mattress feels firm and supportive and also soft and comfortable. Would recommend this mattress to friends and family.

Purchased in September 2019 at Sleeping duck for $1,499.00.

David C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wouldn't have anythingelse

Feel reallwell rested and notice a difference the next day. No more Poppa naps. The service was great and highly recommend sleeping duck over thr more expensive brands from overseas.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,800.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
David C.

Thanks and all the best for the future.

aderfinn

aderfinnCentral Queensland, QLD

Great Company and Mattress

Purchased in September 2019 at online for $1,500.00.

Perceived FirmnessVery Soft

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Amanda B.

Amanda B.asked

Hi we bought the sleeping duck mattress in medium. It is great for my husband but for me it still feels a bit hard. I have back and hip pain and find sleeping on my side makes everything sore. Is there any softer insert or some suggestion. I do want to keep it if possible.

Masters C.

Masters C.asked

Hi we bought our sleeping duck mattress and was delivered yesterday, the comfort was amazing, however we felt it created heat, can you advise why!
christine masters
christinemasters21@gmail.com

Chris Bird
Chris Bird

It does feel warmer, I think with the foam your body heat stays a bit longer than what you may be used to. Do you have a summer doona? Hope you get comfortable with it,sleep well.

Hi Masters,

Thanks for your query!

Our mattress is a Hybrid design - a combination of pocket springs and foam, is going to be much cooler to sleep on than a full foam mattress. This is due to the production, as we use a process called pressure expansion(as compared to chemical expansion) which makes the foam 8x more open than standard.

However in comparison to a traditional full spring mattress, you may find the Hybrid design slightly warmer. This is also subjective to the individual as many find the mattress to be cooler, though some find it to be too warm.

There are a few things you can do to help minimise with the heat in the mattress.

We recommend using light breathable layers all year round. Remove any large and bulky mattress toppers and protectors and opt for a waterproof cover using natural fibres such as Tencel, bamboo and cotton.

Using the correct slatted base will also optimise the airflow through the mattress. Also keeping your room well ventilated, opening windows for as long as possible during the day.

Let us know how you go in the next week or so and if you're still experiencing quite some heat, please get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Em.asked

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Get an answer from our members and Sleeping Duck representatives