6Sleeping Duck Mattress

Adjustment Period
  • Days
  • Weeks
  • Months
  • I never got used to it!
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes · No
  • Hard
  • Very Hard
4.9
Equally comfortable and supportive
Can customise your mattress feel
Good customer service

5,453 reviews
Stu
Stu2 posts
  Verified Mattress Firm Queen

Outstanding

Outstanding mattress. Total value for money. Rate this mattress very highly Show details ·  1
T B.
T B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC
  Verified Mattress Firm Queen

The Best

Jumped into a sleeping duck and it’s the best mattress I’ve had. The ability to change comfort levels is fantastic. Love the Duck Show details ·  1
VFSV6
VFSV62 posts
  Mattress Firm Queen

Sleeping in the clouds

Did research and seemed sleeping duck was the one and a visit to the Prahran showroom where 4 test beds on display to try in various configurations.
Was thinking medium but we went with firm after a lie down and couldn't be happier. Configuration options for either side was good & 100 day satisfaction nice touch, wont be using it though. Not the cheapest around but its an investment & free delivery to regional Victoria. Show details ·  1
Karen Rainbow
Karen Rainbow
  Mattress Medium King

Very satisfied

The sleeping duck mattress has helped our backs and gave us a better sleep Show details ·  1
Kim Jessen
Kim Jessen
  Mattress Medium Single

Great mattress from a great company

Perfect delivery experience. The mattress is firm but comfortable and very supportive for the whole body. I am glad I bought a sleeping duck. Show details ·  1
Phil W

Amanda P.
Amanda P.2 posts
  Mattress Medium Queen

Easy as

Very swift delivery of a great Aussie product. Sleeping without a saggy mattress Show details ·  1
Geoffery Wilson
Geoffery Wilson2 posts
  Mattress Half-Half Queen

Very satisfied

I am very happy with my new mattress two years after purchase. It has lived up to all the advertising and unlike my previous purchase I am not sleeping in a valley. My wife was also very happy until her passing late last year. Thank you Sleeping Duck from both of us. Geoff Wilson. Show details ·  1
Karina
KarinaPeel, WA13 posts
  Mattress Medium King Single

Comfortable Mattress

Lovely, comfortable mattress much improved on my old one. I feel supported from edge to edge. I also liked delivery to door, though mattress is heavy the wheels on bottom of the box make it easy to manouver. One needs to heed warning on mattress (wrapped) to ensure room around for expansion. Show details ·  1
Kari
Marian A.
Marian A.2 posts
  Verified Mattress Half-Half Queen

Great nights sleep

We love our new mattress, firm/medium. We both sleep really well. When we do toss or turn over we do not disturb each other. It is a heavy mattress when making the bed but overall very happy. Show details ·  1
Adam
AdamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
  Verified Mattress Half-Half King

As good as it’s reputation

I was hesitant about spending good money on a mattress I couldn’t see first however the reviews and reputation of Sleeping Duck were overwhelmingly good, plus of course the 100 nights free trial.
I must say, the new mattress lives up to its high reputation and I am happy to have made the purchase. Show details ·  1
Annamaria
Annamaria2 posts
  Verified Mattress Half-Half King

Very happy

This matteress is great for us. We both get a great night’s sleep. Feel totally supported. The buying experience and follow up have been great. Show details ·  1
Michael C.
Michael C.Peel, WA
  Mattress Medium Queen

Great mattress, great night sleep

I am sleeping the entire night for the first time in a long time. My mattress is so comfortable, I am a side sleeper and wake up feeling great. I purchased the basic bed base and in hindsight I should have spent a bit more and got an indestructible frame with a head board. Show details ·  1

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Adam B.
Adam B. · Mattress

I’ve been looking at these mattress in a box option for some time. I fractured t12 just over 10 years ago and often get back pain. I’m now sleeping on a single due to poor sleeping with my wife. So I decided to get a new king single as that’s all I could fit in our spare room. I bought a standard ensemble but it’s a firm mattress. And I wake up most morning with sore hips. I sleep on my side as a general rule.

All I wanted was a SD but I keep seeing other brands but can’t decide. That said if I choose a SD am I still better with the medium foam to start

Anna Aranci · Mattress Firm

Hi there. I've had a Sleeping Duck mattress for a couple of years now and LOVE it. My problem lays in after moving house. Somehow my mattress arrived at my new home with a large hump in the middle of it and I haven't been able to flatten it back out.
Is there anything I can do to flatten my super comfy bed out again?

Anna Aranci

Thank you so much! I gave it a try and tonight I can sleep comfortably in the middle of my bed again. Glad I thought to ask!

Sleeping Duck   DM

No problems at all Anna! We're glad it was an easy fix, and that it's sound sleeping from now on.

Sweet dreams!
SDHQ

FTC · Mattress Firm Queen

We are relocating to London and currently have and love our sleeping duck mattress. Can a new mattress be sent with our shipment still rolled up? Or do you ship to UK. Cheers.

FTC

Thank you for your prompt reply. If I sent a SD mattress in my consignment, would it be ok vacuum sealed for the three months it take to ship? Cheers, FTC

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress questions

Mattress materials

The Sleeping Duck SD Mach II is the second generation of the Sleeping Duck Mattress, and is designed with 4 layers.

• A knitted bamboo cover is soft, breathable, cooling and naturally hypoallergenic. It’s combined with ‘AntiGravity Surface Foam,’ which is soft and porous, which allows for easy breathability. The cover is also made to resist pilling, and is removable and washable. This allows for easy cleaning.
  • The second layer of the mattress is made from high density PU foam that’s supportive and environmentally friendly, being approved by GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia).
  • The third layer is also made from PU foam, which is available in either medium or firm comfort levels.
  • The mattress foundation is a multi-zoned spring system that’s crafted from twice-tempered steel springs. The springs function independently, which increases individualised support to specific body areas, and minimises partner disturbance.
  • The perimetres of the mattress are protected with the same steel springs in the mattress base, which Sleeping Duck states provides an extra 20% extra support, as you can squeeze right up to the edge of the mattress without feeling like you’re going to fall off.

Sleeping Duck mattress options

Sleeping Duck is unique because it allows you to get a half-half mattress (please see above in the Questions & Answers section for more information).

If you try both the medium and firm comfort levels, and neither of them is suitable, you can buy Precious Foam Pads later to turn the mattress feel into either Soft or Extra Firm.

The Sleeping Duck Mattress comes with a 100-night guarantee. During this period you can get free returns, and free firmness adjustments if you find the mattress (or your mattress half) is too firm or too soft.

This mattress is available in 5 sizes: single, king single, double, queen and king.

Price

The Sleeping Duck mattress costs $999 for a single mattress, and goes up to $1, 999 for a king size mattress.

Points of Praise

Reviewers were big fans of the Sleeping Duck mattress. The majority opinion was that this mattress greatly improved the overall quality of sleep. The mattress was described as plush and comfortable, while providing the right amount of support.

To many reviewers’ delight, sleeping on this mattress helped to alleviate neck, shoulder and back pain, as well as other bodily aches and stiffness after waking up.

The ability to customise mattress feels was also appreciated. When it came to choosing a more suitable firmness level, for example switching from a medium to a firm feel, the exchange process was described as quick, easy and problem free.

Reviewers also enjoyed the Impressive customer service they received from a friendly Australian team, including excellent after-sales service and fast delivery.

Compare all Sleeping Duck Mattress listings
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $2,099$1,749$1,749$2,099
Type HD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket SpringHD Polyurethane Foam and Pocket Spring
FirmnessMediumMediumFirmFirm
SizeKingQueenQueenKing
FeaturesRemovable CoverRemovable CoverRemovable CoverRemovable Cover
Weight65 kg52 kg52 kg65 kg
Country of ManufactureChinaChinaChinaChina
Thickness31 cm31 cm31 cm31 cm
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Awards 2017, 2021, 2022 and 20232017, 2021, 2022 and 20232017, 2021, 2022 and 20232017, 2021, 2022 and 2023

Visit Official Website