Sleep Republic

Incredible Customer Service, High Quality Mattress but Medium to Soft

I returned my Sleep Republic mattress but I still give it 5 stars.

After extensive research and the SR team answering all my questions with complete honesty and transparency, I ordered the mattress. I ordered at 11am and it was delivered by 4pm the next day! I was very impressed by this living in Adelaide where same day delivery or even next day delivery was not guaranteed.

After delivery, I found that it was easy to unwrap and I liked the presentation of the instructions and cutter in the calico Sleep Republic bag. The addition of the eye mask was also a nice touch. It was heavy to carry, but not more so than any other spring mattress, and with two people we easily got it upstairs and onto the bed frame. The box had wheels and a handle. In fact, in retrospect, this mattress was much easier to set up than some other “mattress in a box” beds. I commend SR on their thorough instructions and attention to detail (eg the wheels, handle and nifty cutting tool).

Initially there was no off gassing smell however a few hours later, a mild but obvious chemical smell was there. I expected this with the memory foam and 30% synthetic latex layers. Nevertheless, the smell didn’t persist for very long with the windows open. I put the sheets on about 5 hours after opening and when I went back into the room a couple hours later, I couldn’t smell anything at all.

Appearance wise, I liked the cashmere cover. I also liked the pattern on top that showed the 5 different pocket spring zones, a nice touch! The Sleep Republic label was sewed on back to front so it didn’t actually read Sleep Republic, but that isn’t an issue as the mattress would be covered in sheets anyway. I just hoped it wasn’t telling of the attention to detail in other areas of construction! It did appear very luxurious though, similar or perhaps even nicer than the 5k+ mattresses I had tried in stores (mattresses always on sale for 1500-2500 but without the 100 day trial).

Initially, the mattress was quite firm with a nice cushioning feeling on the surface from the cashmere quilting. I loved it as I like a firm mattress. However after about a month, I found it softening and I didn’t like how much my hips sunk and I began to worry about a body impression. At this point, I rotated the mattress and slept on the other side (I sleep alone). The difference in firmness was very obvious and again I enjoyed a month of sleep on this side until again I began to find it too soft. I found myself seeking the edges where the foam hadn’t broken in yet. Ultimately, I realized I had to return the mattress. I don’t think it was a quality issue at all and I would recommend SR to anyone who likes a medium to soft mattress. All mattresses have a break in period and are initially firmer than they will end up. This mattress was just too soft for me. I am a 45kg stomach sleeper so not only do I like a firm mattress because of sleep position, I also don’t have very much weight to sink in to the comfort layers and feel the firmer support layers. I could really only feel the thick soft comfort layers. Bigger people may find that the softness is more on the surface as they sink in to the coils and begin to get a bit more support. I also realized that memory foam was not for me. While initially medium firm on lying, it softened within a few minutes from body heat and I hated that sinking in feeling. I like to sleep on top of the bed. All of these issues meant it wasn’t the right mattress for me, but certainly would be perfect for others.

My only suggestion is that I wish the comfort layers were in a separate pillow top. Not only does this allow the mattress to be flipped, prolonging the life of it, but flipping the pillow top so that the latex was on top may have been enough to prevent me from returning the mattress. Alternatively, I could have just ordered a different pillow top and kept the springs. Nevertheless, I feel comforted knowing that it is being used by salvos and not in land fill.

The return process was simple and easy. I contacted SR around day 95, still very unsure as it wasn’t awful but I worried about the level of softness increasing any more than it was. They offered me a further 60 day trial, which was much appreciated. I did still return the mattress though and it was no questions asked. They organized for salvos to contact me very quickly and the mattress was picked up a week later. I had the refund in my account less than 48 hours later. Additionally, the customer service team gave me some suggestions on what to look for in my next mattress based on my concerns with this one. I thought that was very helpful and shows their dedication to each person having the best mattress for them.

All in all, while the mattress wasn’t successful for me, I have no regrets purchasing through SR. They went above and beyond with all levels of customer service, the return process was easy and the mattress was high quality. I would never buy from a brick and mortar store without a 100 night trial again. If you’re looking for a medium mattress and like the feeling of memory foam pillow tops, look no further, this is the mattress for you. Oh, and I kept the bamboo sheets, they’re amazing. I’ll never go back to cotton! Thanks Sleep Republic :-)

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,199.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Discomfort Yes
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thank you for your comprehensive feedback and recommendation it is appreciated. We are of course sorry that the mattress didn't suit you but are happy that the comfort guarantee and our service met your expectations. We do what we can to help our customers to get the sleep they need, hopefully on our mattress but we understand that's not always possible.

Really happy with the mattress, base, sheets and customer service

I purchased the mattress and base bundle with free sheets and mattress protector. I've been sleeping on the bed for a week now. The bed is comfortable, medium firm with a soft pillowy top and the the sheets are incredibly luxurious.

The base assembly was straightforward and the mattress unwrapping easy. On the customer service side I received an apology that the mattress wouldn't be arriving until the next day - even though I technically ordered by 11am - 10:57 to be exact :) so I wasn't expecting it that day anyway. I asked for a delivery before 11am the next day and it arrived on time.

I subsequently asked to swap the mattress protector for some more sheets as I didn't really need it. It was promptly swapped with no questions asked after I paid the small difference in price. I really cannot fault the customer service team, they are helpful, prompt and well... nice!

Purchased in May 2019 at Sleep Republic.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thank you for taking the time to review your bundle purchase and give generous feedback on our service. We are always pleased to help where we can, even if things go awry!

It was fun to unpack and watch it grow

We bought King Size mattress
It was fun to unpack and watch it grow
Cashmere Knitted Fabric top layer is like the $7,000 mattresses you see in the bed shops.
The product finish is just beautiful and so luxurious like the expensive hotels.
My partner and myself sleep very hot, we haven’t found this bed to be hot at all.
We wanted a bed with springs this mattress has a whopping 2250 springs
The customer service is brilliant with great communication.
If you are looking to buy a new Mattress
I would recommend you give this mattress a go with the 100 night trial you can’t go wrong.
The customer service was excellent.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,399.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thank you for your kind feedback and recommendation Liane!

Sleep Republic demonstrates integrity

:: Australian designed and manufactured with a focus on non-toxic components
:: 3 months plus return guarantee, which means you can trial and return for a full refund if the mattress doesn't suit. This attests to company integrity!
:: Free delivery anywhere on the continent
:: Firm and supportive; and can be pivoted on base

Purchased in June 2016.

Thank you for your kind feedback Heloise! SR Team

Brilliant service but mattress didn't suit - too soft

I would like to give this company 5 stars because the service was absolutely amazing, responsive, easy refund and no-fuss. But the mattress didn't suit us. The good things: mattress seems to be great quality, lovely fabric, NO smell, no partner disturbance, easy to get out of box etc (we bought the King size). The not so good things (for us): the mattress was too soft, not supportive enough and on the 'hot' side. It's one of those mattresses that you sort of sink into on top. We prefer to sleep on top of a mattress rather than have that sink-in feeling. My back was aching after a week of sleeping on the mattress. That being said, it has a similar feel to many many other pocket sprung medium/firm mattresses that you can buy at the big stores which are typically at a FAR higher price (plus you have to put up with all the nonsense that the salesperson spins). I'm torn about whether we would ever purchase a mattress in a box/online again without first trying. If we had tried this in a store and had the option to compare it side by side with a couple of other mattresses at the same time we would have known straight away it wasn't for us and that we preferred something firmer (or at least, without that 'sink-in' feeling). However, the advantages of buying online are that you don't get any of that unbearable mattress industry nonsense or have to deal with the ridiculously inflated prices or "half/price" / "all sizes for the price of a single" nonsense sales. (Do people actually fall for that?). Anyway.. back to the sleep republic mattress: it's great quality and if you like that sink in feeling but relatively medium/firm-ish support underneath then I recommend giving it a try. Thanks Sleep Republic for being so easy to deal with.. it would be great if you added a pillow top 'firm' version to your offerings; we would definitely buy it!

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,399.00.

Discomfort Yes
Heat Retention Yes
Perceived FirmnessSoft
Thank you for your feedback and comprehensive review. Naturally we are sorry the mattress firmness not suited for you but pleased that the quality, service and return process met your expectations. We hope you have now found your ideal firmness. SR Team

Do I have the same mattress and sheets?

Wondering if I have the same mattress as everyone is talking about. As a solo sleeper who sleeps in the middle of the bed, after 18 months I now roll into the middle if I try the sides as it has sagged. As for the sheets, I found the bottom sheet to ball up after first use. It was great initially, but sadly I very much regret this purchase.

Purchased in May 2017 for $1,200.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Heat Retention Yes
SaggingYes
Perceived FirmnessMedium
We are sorry to hear of your concerns and agree it doesn't sound like the same product experience our customers usually have. We take product quality and performance very seriously and if you can make contact with us directly on 1800 753 371 we will gladly address and resolve your concerns. SR

Can't sleep on anything else now!

We had been searching for the most comfortable mattress on the market for a long time before finding sleep republic. Sleep republic have awesome reviews for their mattresses and sheets for a reason! We have ordered 6 or so mattresses from SR and each time we have been blown away with their customer service and follow through. Sean really cares about the experience of the customer. We have also received sheets from SR- we were devout Sheridan sheet customers but no more! The bamboo sheets are incredible and we are ordering more!! Lana and Steve

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thank you Lana and Steve. We know our customers have a choice and when they choose us we appreciate that, even more so when like you they select us again and again! We do take customer service seriously and thank you for your kind feedback. We agree our Sleep Republic bamboo sheets are pretty special and a cut above what is normally available. We feel a bit sad for anyone who doesn't have them! SR Team

Brilliant Sleep Republic Team, Amazing Mattress, Mindblowing besdsheets

I bought a Queen mattress from Sleep Republic two months back. And I am pleased to write a feedback about my experience. First up the communication with SR Team has been tremendous. Sean went up and above to make sure all my queries are addressed and I had the most personable experience ever while dealing with him. No stupid tailor made cut paste emails or chats, communication that makes sense. Regarding the product, The packaging was somewhat damaged, looked tampered to me however wasnt the case from inside. The mattress was brand new and probably the box got smashed up during transportation. So I will give 2.5 stars in presentation from the outside but 5 for inside. The mattress did not had any smell, rolled out nicely and although seems to me smaller than Queen but expanded over time, so no issues there either. Now coming to the comfort level, perhaps the most important questions of all. Well this mattress is firm to start with and you wont sink in thats for sure. Its firmness was something I was seeking as I am a side sleeper with on and off back pain. Ever since I started sleeping on it, i am having great relief in my pain and improved sleeping conditions, and to add post waking up feeling has never been better. My partner however wanted a softer one so she isnt a 100% happy with it, she is just compromising considering I am liking it. So for folks who are after the super soft ones, this isnt for you. And when I am saying it, I am saying it in all goodness because to have a mattress that just sinks you in isnt a long term thing you can enjoy all your life, sooner or later you would turn to firm/semi firm mattress like Sleep Republic ones. I will give my purchase experience, communication and quality of mattress (and my sleep quality) an overall 5 star. Sean and his team rocks..And the white bedsheet that came with this purchase...OMG the best free gift ever. Actually shouldn't be free its that good. Trust me it softness is something that you have never experienced in your entire life I challenge you. For the Readers: I am not sure if your purchase qualifies you for a free bedsheet or not, if not do order it separately, trust me you will not be disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Ankit thank you for your kind review and feedback, we are so pleased the mattress is working for you and that you love the sheets as much as we do! SR Team

Great Mattress!!

I brought a king mattress with a base and I'm sleeping better than ever! My wife has back problems and is waking up for the first time in years without any pain!! I already have and will continue to recommend Sleep Republic to anyone looking for a new mattress!! Thanks guys!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks Lawrence, we appreciate the recommendations and are happy that the mattress is working well for you both. SR Team

Purchased a double mattress and love it!

Anyone who sleeps on the mattress always comments on the how comfortable and supportive it is. We recently had the grandparents stay for a few days and they commented on the support and what a great night's sleep they had.
The mattress is easy to unpack and still looks the same as the day I got it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Thank you Dee. Great to hear that the guests enjoy the mattress. SR Team

the term Sleeping on a cloud never made much sense to me till my first night sleep on a Sleep Republ

Must say, this is the first time I've ever given a review for any product. however it was just something I had to do purely due to the fact we live in a time where quality customer service is so hard to come by.

Tom and Sean at Sleep Republic first class, there commitment to there customers where clearly obvious. patient with our 101 questions ( it's a Mattress in a box right, naturally we had heaps of questions lol) attentive and informative, these guys know bedding. big shout out to you guys Thank you!!

Took me some time to convince my wife to try this new mattress in a box idea but with the Sleep Republic 100 nights money back commitment this made making the switch pretty easy and she LOVES IT!! its not every day you can tell your wife I told you so...

We Purchased our 1st King Sleep Republic Mattress at least two years ago now, every time I jump into bed it's like the 1st night all over again, Quality is amazing, premium at the highest standard. Brilliant!

In the last two years we've purchased another two Sleep Republic Mattresses, the common conversations around the breakfast table when friends and family stay over is all about the the mattress.

Since we have also we've purchased another Mattress for my inlaws, elderly couple with constant back issues that seem have resolved them selfs now lol..

we've recommended Sleep Republic to at least 5 others who have since purchased and the results and feed back are nothing less the amazing.

Product 10/10
Customer Service 10/10
Delivery 10/10
Durability 10/10

Thank you Sleep Republic we're customers for life, so easy didn't have to spend my whole weekends at bedding stores :)

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Thanks for a great recommendation Soner and for the service feedback. We're honoured that you chose us for your first product review! SR Team

Sagging/back pain after 10 months

We purchased a King sized mattress, and experienced no hassles with the ordering and delivery process. However after sleeping on it for nine months it has gone saggy. There are visible divots in the top where my partner and I sleep that get more pronounced if we don't rotate the mattress once a fortnight. As a 60kg woman and a 85kg man, I don't feel that our size is a contributing factor. We are both experiencing back pain as a result of the mattress sagging. At first I thought that maybe my back pain was the result of spending more time at a new desk job, but after sleeping in a different bed for a week with zero back pain, it's definitely the mattress causing the problem. Considering this mattress cost $1400 I had expectations that it'd last us for a few years at least before needing replacement but it appears that's not the case. I'm disappointed with this purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
We are sorry to hear of your concerns with the mattress and would welcome the opportunity to address these for you if you can contact us. All mattresses have excessive body impression and sagging covered under our warranty. SR TeamHi Lou we have been trying to contact you to ensure you are enjoying the replacement mattress we delivered on 29 November. Any feedback would be appreciated. SR Team

Excellent product, excellent service

The pillow in particular was a fantastic addition for my purchase. My sleep has markedly improved, I intend to purchase all beds/bedding from Sleep Republic in future. Customer service was outstanding - very prompt and responsive to my questions.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you for your feedback. Helping you love bedtime is our purpose!

Very good so far.

Ordered this mattress on a Wednesday and it arrived the following day.
Needed help to unpack and put on bed.
Had for three weeks now and am extremely pleased and surprised.
Sleep well at night and really didn't realise how bad my last mattress was!
Don't have any aches or pains now, which I thought were a normal ageing thing.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,000.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium
Thank you Suzley, we hope the mattress continues to give you a great sleep for many years to come. SR Team

Mattress in a box

I was very wary about buying a mattress in a box. I read lots of reviews and finally chose sleep republic.
I must say the ordering process and delivery were first class.
The box was a bit beat up which caused me some concern but the mattress was fine. It unfolded in a few hours and looked immaculate and well built. I thought the wife wouldn't like it as she prefers a softer mattress and I prefer a little firmer one. She thinks it's great as do I!
It's soft yet firm which was a bit of a suprise. We are both now sleeping well on this.
We got some free bamboo sheets which are great!
I will be buying another shortly for my daughter.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you for your kind feedback Willyeckerslike. We hope you and your partner enjoy the mattress for years to come! SR Team

This is actually a very good mattress

This is the first mattress I've had where you have NO back pain. I've been on it about 2 weeks now, but from the first night, it was excellent. When it came, I was a bit concerned that it was too firm, and when you lie on it, it doesn't have that overtly soft and comfortable feeling about it. but I sleep through the night with no tossing or turning, and often wake in the same position I was in when I went to sleep. It must be the foams, plus the zoned springs.

I have in the past suffered badly from nerve pain in my back, and pressure point soreness, and I'm getting neither from this mattress. It's on a hard slatted Ikea bed base (a Mandal bed, rigid slats).

This was a good risk to take, with the return guarantee thing. And as others say, the box containing it is very heavy. They've reinforced it with plywood, but if you need to pull it up any steps, I'd recommend having a removalist's trolley handy. And it is quite a bit heavier than a normal spring mattress in the same pricerange... I figure that means it holds the sheets in place better, but I'd hate to try and move it somewhere by myself. But it's a very good mattress, and I suspect it would suit most people.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thank you for your review Palerang, we are glad the mattress design is working for you. More than double the normal number of springs does add weight but the benefit of better support is a worthy one. SR Team

Excellent mattress from Sleep Republic

Had waited 1.5 years before writing this review just to be sure to be sure. Had tried other memory foam mattress such as Koala and Lazybed, they don't suit me or my wife.This one is different as it offer pocket springs, so it feels totally different, it offers the support needed for our backbones, yet not too soft to sink in like those foam mattresses. No backache, no sore backs. It is just one excellent mattress. My wife still find it too soft for her comfort (- 1 star), however she still sleep through alright, maybe she is just being picky.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Jason, Thank you for your feedback we hope your mattress gives your wife and you many more years of great sleeps! SR Team

Impressive comfort, wonderful service!

I had a very special visitor coming (mother who'd been terribly sick) and wanted to make everything perfect. Just moved house, no spare bed.. living in regional Vic, I thought my options were limited but embarked on a mattress conquest, with days to spare. Finally purchased one, which I returned the following day, having been very uncomfortable & not what it felt like in the shop (company had removed memory foam layer in the new shipment and failed to notify the shop salesman). Retuned the mattress on the Friday morning, mum due on the Monday.. I had started to notice and research these bed in a box mattresses.. Sleep Republic seemed like the best option with its hybrid design of both pocket springs and comfort foam layers, and it's uber high spring count - well made all round and great reviews! So I rang them Friday mid day, spoke to Sean, explained my situation and asked if it was within the realms of possibility to get it here by Monday. He went over and above to ensure that I had my mattress here, despite being in Regional Vic. I asked for a mattress protector instead of the sheets and he was very obliging and then at the end, offered to throw in the sheets anyway! Sure enough, Monday afternoon the mattress arrived (15 mins early!) - the courier even brought it into the room for me. Later on when my family guests arrived, we had the fun of watching this marvel come to life as it expanded on the bed base. Great experience all round - very impressed with the service. The bed is seriously a dream to lie on - didn't wanna get off! Mum loves it and said it's like 'sleeping on a cloud'. When my guests depart, this bed will be coming to my room to replace my old thing... can't wait for the sleep it will bring! Thanks to Sean and all @ Sleep Republic for such a seamless and drama free experience. Will never buy one of those over priced big brand rip offs that are far less comfortable again!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Thank you Shelly for your very kind feedback and review. We work hard on our service and deliveries and it was a pleasure to try even more in a good cause! SR Team

Such a comfortable mattress!

We decided to buy a Sleep Republic mattress after trying to get used to a very firm one we had bought elsewhere. It had no guarantee so we were stuck with it. After two months, we couldn't take it anymore, so I started researching beds again. A friend had purchased a bed in a box, and although she wasn't happy with hers, it was an interesting concept so I checked it out. I bypassed the company my friend bought from and looked at the other alternatives and reviews. The price was right and the 100 day guarantee was the clincher. I was also happy that I wouldn't have to wait for the mattress to be made and then hang out at home waiting for it to be delivered. Our mattress came within four days and we were very intrigued as to how such a big mattress could fit in a little box, and opened it up. It was easy to pop onto our frame and was expanding in no time. We slept on it that night, and it was absolute heaven! I love the pocket springs and how the bed doesn't move every time my husband turns over during the night. It's just the right firmness and height. I would highly recommend a Sleep Republic mattress to anyone. Also, their customer service is fantastic. If I could give it more than five stars, I would!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thank you for your feedback and review Andy. Hopefully you can now put the mattress shopping behind you for quite a few years! SR Team

Great mattress, great service

Over a year ago we bought our SR mattress. Still no complaints. By far the best mattress I have slept on. We like this mattress so much yesterday we purchased another for the spare room. We were going to buy a cheaper branded mattress but couldn't bring myself to throw way the money when I could invest in another SR mattress. We live in rural SA and the mattress was delivered to our door in less than 24hrs. I know everyone has preferences to firmness, I always preferred plush, but although this is medium to firm it just feels comfortable and there is no movement or roll in when the partner moves on their side of the bed. Thank you SR for an amazing product and though the price mybe a couple hundred dollars dearer than some other brands it is by far more superior.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Thank you for your kind review and buying from us again! We couldn't agree more that when it comes to sleep don't cut corners on quality. SR team.