Sleep Republic

Do I have the same mattress and sheets?

Wondering if I have the same mattress as everyone is talking about. As a solo sleeper who sleeps in the middle of the bed, after 18 months I now roll into the middle if I try the sides as it has sagged. As for the sheets, I found the bottom sheet to ball up after first use. It was great initially, but sadly I very much regret this purchase.

Purchased for $1,200.00.

OK
OK
Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes
Heat Retention Yes
SaggingYes
Perceived FirmnessMedium
We are sorry to hear of your concerns and agree it doesn't sound like the same product experience our customers usually have. We take product quality and performance very seriously and if you can make contact with us directly on 1800 753 371 we will gladly address and resolve your concerns. SR

Can't sleep on anything else now!

We had been searching for the most comfortable mattress on the market for a long time before finding sleep republic. Sleep republic have awesome reviews for their mattresses and sheets for a reason! We have ordered 6 or so mattresses from SR and each time we have been blown away with their customer service and follow through. Sean really cares about the experience of the customer. We have also received sheets from SR- we were devout Sheridan sheet customers but no more! The bamboo sheets are incredible and we are ordering more!! Lana and Steve

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thank you Lana and Steve. We know our customers have a choice and when they choose us we appreciate that, even more so when like you they select us again and again! We do take customer service seriously and thank you for your kind feedback. We agree our Sleep Republic bamboo sheets are pretty special and a cut above what is normally available. We feel a bit sad for anyone who doesn't have them! SR Team

Brilliant Sleep Republic Team, Amazing Mattress, Mindblowing besdsheets

I bought a Queen mattress from Sleep Republic two months back. And I am pleased to write a feedback about my experience. First up the communication with SR Team has been tremendous. Sean went up and above to make sure all my queries are addressed and I had the most personable experience ever while dealing with him. No stupid tailor made cut paste emails or chats, communication that makes sense. Regarding the product, The packaging was somewhat damaged, looked tampered to me however wasnt the case from inside. The mattress was brand new and probably the box got smashed up during transportation. So I will give 2.5 stars in presentation from the outside but 5 for inside. The mattress did not had any smell, rolled out nicely and although seems to me smaller than Queen but expanded over time, so no issues there either. Now coming to the comfort level, perhaps the most important questions of all. Well this mattress is firm to start with and you wont sink in thats for sure. Its firmness was something I was seeking as I am a side sleeper with on and off back pain. Ever since I started sleeping on it, i am having great relief in my pain and improved sleeping conditions, and to add post waking up feeling has never been better. My partner however wanted a softer one so she isnt a 100% happy with it, she is just compromising considering I am liking it. So for folks who are after the super soft ones, this isnt for you. And when I am saying it, I am saying it in all goodness because to have a mattress that just sinks you in isnt a long term thing you can enjoy all your life, sooner or later you would turn to firm/semi firm mattress like Sleep Republic ones. I will give my purchase experience, communication and quality of mattress (and my sleep quality) an overall 5 star. Sean and his team rocks..And the white bedsheet that came with this purchase...OMG the best free gift ever. Actually shouldn't be free its that good. Trust me it softness is something that you have never experienced in your entire life I challenge you. For the Readers: I am not sure if your purchase qualifies you for a free bedsheet or not, if not do order it separately, trust me you will not be disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Ankit thank you for your kind review and feedback, we are so pleased the mattress is working for you and that you love the sheets as much as we do! SR Team

Great Mattress!!

I brought a king mattress with a base and I'm sleeping better than ever! My wife has back problems and is waking up for the first time in years without any pain!! I already have and will continue to recommend Sleep Republic to anyone looking for a new mattress!! Thanks guys!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks Lawrence, we appreciate the recommendations and are happy that the mattress is working well for you both. SR Team

Purchased a double mattress and love it!

Anyone who sleeps on the mattress always comments on the how comfortable and supportive it is. We recently had the grandparents stay for a few days and they commented on the support and what a great night's sleep they had.
The mattress is easy to unpack and still looks the same as the day I got it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Thank you Dee. Great to hear that the guests enjoy the mattress. SR Team

the term Sleeping on a cloud never made much sense to me till my first night sleep on a Sleep Republ

Must say, this is the first time I've ever given a review for any product. however it was just something I had to do purely due to the fact we live in a time where quality customer service is so hard to come by.

Tom and Sean at Sleep Republic first class, there commitment to there customers where clearly obvious. patient with our 101 questions ( it's a Mattress in a box right, naturally we had heaps of questions lol) attentive and informative, these guys know bedding. big shout out to you guys Thank you!!

Took me some time to convince my wife to try this new mattress in a box idea but with the Sleep Republic 100 nights money back commitment this made making the switch pretty easy and she LOVES IT!! its not every day you can tell your wife I told you so...

We Purchased our 1st King Sleep Republic Mattress at least two years ago now, every time I jump into bed it's like the 1st night all over again, Quality is amazing, premium at the highest standard. Brilliant!

In the last two years we've purchased another two Sleep Republic Mattresses, the common conversations around the breakfast table when friends and family stay over is all about the the mattress.

Since we have also we've purchased another Mattress for my inlaws, elderly couple with constant back issues that seem have resolved them selfs now lol..

we've recommended Sleep Republic to at least 5 others who have since purchased and the results and feed back are nothing less the amazing.

Product 10/10
Customer Service 10/10
Delivery 10/10
Durability 10/10

Thank you Sleep Republic we're customers for life, so easy didn't have to spend my whole weekends at bedding stores :)

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Thanks for a great recommendation Soner and for the service feedback. We're honoured that you chose us for your first product review! SR Team

Sagging/back pain after 10 months

We purchased a King sized mattress, and experienced no hassles with the ordering and delivery process. However after sleeping on it for nine months it has gone saggy. There are visible divots in the top where my partner and I sleep that get more pronounced if we don't rotate the mattress once a fortnight. As a 60kg woman and a 85kg man, I don't feel that our size is a contributing factor. We are both experiencing back pain as a result of the mattress sagging. At first I thought that maybe my back pain was the result of spending more time at a new desk job, but after sleeping in a different bed for a week with zero back pain, it's definitely the mattress causing the problem. Considering this mattress cost $1400 I had expectations that it'd last us for a few years at least before needing replacement but it appears that's not the case. I'm disappointed with this purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
We are sorry to hear of your concerns with the mattress and would welcome the opportunity to address these for you if you can contact us. All mattresses have excessive body impression and sagging covered under our warranty. SR TeamHi Lou we have been trying to contact you to ensure you are enjoying the replacement mattress we delivered on 29 November. Any feedback would be appreciated. SR Team

Excellent product, excellent service

The pillow in particular was a fantastic addition for my purchase. My sleep has markedly improved, I intend to purchase all beds/bedding from Sleep Republic in future. Customer service was outstanding - very prompt and responsive to my questions.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you for your feedback. Helping you love bedtime is our purpose!

Very good so far.

Ordered this mattress on a Wednesday and it arrived the following day.
Needed help to unpack and put on bed.
Had for three weeks now and am extremely pleased and surprised.
Sleep well at night and really didn't realise how bad my last mattress was!
Don't have any aches or pains now, which I thought were a normal ageing thing.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you Suzley, we hope the mattress continues to give you a great sleep for many years to come. SR Team

Mattress in a box

I was very wary about buying a mattress in a box. I read lots of reviews and finally chose sleep republic.
I must say the ordering process and delivery were first class.
The box was a bit beat up which caused me some concern but the mattress was fine. It unfolded in a few hours and looked immaculate and well built. I thought the wife wouldn't like it as she prefers a softer mattress and I prefer a little firmer one. She thinks it's great as do I!
It's soft yet firm which was a bit of a suprise. We are both now sleeping well on this.
We got some free bamboo sheets which are great!
I will be buying another shortly for my daughter.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you for your kind feedback Willyeckerslike. We hope you and your partner enjoy the mattress for years to come! SR Team

This is actually a very good mattress

This is the first mattress I've had where you have NO back pain. I've been on it about 2 weeks now, but from the first night, it was excellent. When it came, I was a bit concerned that it was too firm, and when you lie on it, it doesn't have that overtly soft and comfortable feeling about it. but I sleep through the night with no tossing or turning, and often wake in the same position I was in when I went to sleep. It must be the foams, plus the zoned springs.

I have in the past suffered badly from nerve pain in my back, and pressure point soreness, and I'm getting neither from this mattress. It's on a hard slatted Ikea bed base (a Mandal bed, rigid slats).

This was a good risk to take, with the return guarantee thing. And as others say, the box containing it is very heavy. They've reinforced it with plywood, but if you need to pull it up any steps, I'd recommend having a removalist's trolley handy. And it is quite a bit heavier than a normal spring mattress in the same pricerange... I figure that means it holds the sheets in place better, but I'd hate to try and move it somewhere by myself. But it's a very good mattress, and I suspect it would suit most people.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thank you for your review Palerang, we are glad the mattress design is working for you. More than double the normal number of springs does add weight but the benefit of better support is a worthy one. SR Team

Excellent mattress from Sleep Republic

Had waited 1.5 years before writing this review just to be sure to be sure. Had tried other memory foam mattress such as Koala and Lazybed, they don't suit me or my wife.This one is different as it offer pocket springs, so it feels totally different, it offers the support needed for our backbones, yet not too soft to sink in like those foam mattresses. No backache, no sore backs. It is just one excellent mattress. My wife still find it too soft for her comfort (- 1 star), however she still sleep through alright, maybe she is just being picky.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Jason, Thank you for your feedback we hope your mattress gives your wife and you many more years of great sleeps! SR Team

Impressive comfort, wonderful service!

I had a very special visitor coming (mother who'd been terribly sick) and wanted to make everything perfect. Just moved house, no spare bed.. living in regional Vic, I thought my options were limited but embarked on a mattress conquest, with days to spare. Finally purchased one, which I returned the following day, having been very uncomfortable & not what it felt like in the shop (company had removed memory foam layer in the new shipment and failed to notify the shop salesman). Retuned the mattress on the Friday morning, mum due on the Monday.. I had started to notice and research these bed in a box mattresses.. Sleep Republic seemed like the best option with its hybrid design of both pocket springs and comfort foam layers, and it's uber high spring count - well made all round and great reviews! So I rang them Friday mid day, spoke to Sean, explained my situation and asked if it was within the realms of possibility to get it here by Monday. He went over and above to ensure that I had my mattress here, despite being in Regional Vic. I asked for a mattress protector instead of the sheets and he was very obliging and then at the end, offered to throw in the sheets anyway! Sure enough, Monday afternoon the mattress arrived (15 mins early!) - the courier even brought it into the room for me. Later on when my family guests arrived, we had the fun of watching this marvel come to life as it expanded on the bed base. Great experience all round - very impressed with the service. The bed is seriously a dream to lie on - didn't wanna get off! Mum loves it and said it's like 'sleeping on a cloud'. When my guests depart, this bed will be coming to my room to replace my old thing... can't wait for the sleep it will bring! Thanks to Sean and all @ Sleep Republic for such a seamless and drama free experience. Will never buy one of those over priced big brand rip offs that are far less comfortable again!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Thank you Shelly for your very kind feedback and review. We work hard on our service and deliveries and it was a pleasure to try even more in a good cause! SR Team

Such a comfortable mattress!

We decided to buy a Sleep Republic mattress after trying to get used to a very firm one we had bought elsewhere. It had no guarantee so we were stuck with it. After two months, we couldn't take it anymore, so I started researching beds again. A friend had purchased a bed in a box, and although she wasn't happy with hers, it was an interesting concept so I checked it out. I bypassed the company my friend bought from and looked at the other alternatives and reviews. The price was right and the 100 day guarantee was the clincher. I was also happy that I wouldn't have to wait for the mattress to be made and then hang out at home waiting for it to be delivered. Our mattress came within four days and we were very intrigued as to how such a big mattress could fit in a little box, and opened it up. It was easy to pop onto our frame and was expanding in no time. We slept on it that night, and it was absolute heaven! I love the pocket springs and how the bed doesn't move every time my husband turns over during the night. It's just the right firmness and height. I would highly recommend a Sleep Republic mattress to anyone. Also, their customer service is fantastic. If I could give it more than five stars, I would!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thank you for your feedback and review Andy. Hopefully you can now put the mattress shopping behind you for quite a few years! SR Team

Great mattress, great service

Over a year ago we bought our SR mattress. Still no complaints. By far the best mattress I have slept on. We like this mattress so much yesterday we purchased another for the spare room. We were going to buy a cheaper branded mattress but couldn't bring myself to throw way the money when I could invest in another SR mattress. We live in rural SA and the mattress was delivered to our door in less than 24hrs. I know everyone has preferences to firmness, I always preferred plush, but although this is medium to firm it just feels comfortable and there is no movement or roll in when the partner moves on their side of the bed. Thank you SR for an amazing product and though the price mybe a couple hundred dollars dearer than some other brands it is by far more superior.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Thank you for your kind review and buying from us again! We couldn't agree more that when it comes to sleep don't cut corners on quality. SR team.

Sleeping Excellence

I'd like to note that I'm a bit of a nerd so before making a purchase I like to dig as deep as possible into the ins and outs of the products industry and make my decision from others and my own experiences rather than what a salesman tells me irrespectively.

Experience:

Ordered the King on Tuesday evening arrived in Brisbane Wednesday morning free delivery a plus. Although unexpectedly fast it was a welcome surprise as I've just moved into a tri-level apartment and an inflatable wasn't cutting it. Having my bedroom on the 3rd floor there was no way physically getting a king bed up the tight corners so the bed in a box idea for me was well received. So the mattress arrived at my door first off is this box is heavy! It's tightly packed but you will need a hand getting up a flight of stairs but on the flats the inbuilt wheels helped. So mattress in room, removed from box, opened the vacuum seal with the opener provided and voila! The bed expanded like a transformer and began to decompress; left it for the afternoon and was ready by evening.

So from experience to product itself, bed feels beautiful to the touch being knitted cashmere. The design for me was well thought out and tasteful, from the embolden motto on the facade "Where Dreams Are Made", a well placed side tag in navy with raised white lettering "SR" for me echoes quality that I felt in my first nights sleep.

So the mattress itself, you feel the initial softness which is amazing then underneath supportive pocket springs which provide backbone. For me the firmness is just right about 6.5-7/10 think medium rare, soft with substance and plenty of it.

Lying down I had no points of body tension where I typically do sleeping on a traditional mattress, namely my lumbar-sacral region (vertebral disc issue) and shoulders. The mattress contoured to my body yet didn't give me that sinking sand feeling that I was afraid of with other foam/latex composites. Partner wise no disturbances which was a quality feature so no waking each other up with tossing and turning or midnight mictruition run.

I'm happy my bodies happy and it beat the 3.5k mattress I was going to buy at sleepmaker out of the park so two thumbs up from me. :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thank you Derek for taking the time to share your review. It is always great to hear our customers loving bedtime, and saving money into the bargain!

Great Mattress :)

I did quite a bit of research before taking the plunge to buy a 'bed in a box' mattress. As we wanted pocket springs, it came down to Sleep Republic and Sleeping Duck. After realizing that Sleeping Duck pay for their reviews (hence why there's over 1000) and seeing what one of their mattresses looks like after a couple months of use, we decided to go for Sleep Republic.

In a nutshell, it really is a great mattress. It is a bit firmer than I was used to, but it has a great pillow top and as soon as my wife started sleeping on it she noticed a lot better nights sleep and less back pain. I was a bit more skeptical at first, but can now say it's a pleasure to get into bed every night. The 90 day money back guarantee was also fantastic and offered peace of mind while we tested it out.

Delivery was very quick, however as others have mentioned the mattress is heavy, so unboxing is a two person job! But I'd prefer a heavy pocket spring mattress over a light piece of foam any day and unboxing isn't hard if there's two of you.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thanks for the review Callum, to help you love bedtime that's our driving purpose! SR team

Works for us 6 months in

TL~DR

- Check your base can support this heavy mattress.

- Reconsider if your a renter and will need to move this often.

- Supportive yet comfortably soft.

- Wife’s leg pain has reduced from the pillow top, and I no longer get pins and needles in my arm.

- Material seems as good as my old mattress which cost $1000 10 years ago.

- It has quite deep valleys in the pillow top, about 2.5xm deep, which annoys my feet not being flat, but don’t notice it on the heavier parts of my body.

Ok into the full review...

Mattress delivered on time. Would have been nice for the delivery guys to take it up stairs.

Unboxing was uneventful. Kept the plastic as a convenient cover for kids art projects, but the wrap did smell for a while!

Left mattress to air out in lounge overnight, and off gassing was not noticeable when we used it the following night.

It’s heavy and there were no handles on the mattress to help move it like my old one has.

Slept with a pillow top for the first time. It was nice. I felt supported yet light, but the valleys where the stitching was really annoyed me for the first two weeks.

The springs on the side are noticeably firmer. I don’t like when half my body is on the edge springs and the other half on the softer center springs. Feels like I’m slightly leaning to one side.

The above two point are why I’m not giving this mattress a 5 star rating.

I do fine I’m sweating in it a lot, but last night got rid of the mattress protector my wife used when baby slept with us, and it was great!

Am thinking of getting one for my daughters bed, however she has a solid base, not slat base, so this mattress is not appropriate.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi James, Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We are glad the mattress is working for you. If we can help with your daughter's mattress and base please don't hesitate to contact us. SR team

Third time lucky

I was just about to give up and was highly disappointed after trying 2 other foam bed in a box mattresses both described as medium firm but one was like a rock and the other too soft and both had no support for my bad back. I had decided to give it one last go with one with springs and had decided on another brand as it has many more reviews and is more active on social media... I somehow came across SR and it seemed their mattress was what I was looking for and something that didn’t need to be customised as it was good enough as it is. I am so glad I went with SR, I have only had it a week but I absolutely love my mattress and look forward to going to sleep every night. It’s super comfortable and soft but has very firm support so my back and hip pain disappears after sleeping on this mattress. It is also not hot like other foam mattresses can get. I highly recommend trialing one of these mattresses as mine will not be going back if it stays this good and it just goes to show the companies that are the loudest and have the most reviews aren’t always the best. Sleep republic does not need any showy adverts and reviews as their focus is obviously in making sure the mattresses are the best quality and comfort they can be and don’t need the hype. I am so pleased it was third time lucky and I made the right choice.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're pleased you chose us too, and to hear that our customers look forward to bedtime again is our ultimate objective! SR Team.

10mths in.. getting a sagging feeling

Overall. I have to say the experience was very easy. Delivery and product was exactly as described. Soft but firm and generally comfortable.
We've had ours since February this year (2017) and I feel like the sides are really starting to sag. When you wake up and sit in edge, it really sinks. And I'm questioning what it will be like moving forward. Once you're on an settled it's fine. But given we're ten months in.. it is what it is.. I suppose. As a couple. I'm 70kg and my wife is 60. We're not big people so I had expected more sadly.

Comfortable and easy but I'm worried that I'll be replacing it at some point soon.
Maybe it's just ours? Can't fault the service though.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi D. Thank you for your feedback, it's good that you find the mattress comfortable however we are concerned to see your comments regarding the edges. No mattress should have any sag especially after such a short time and we have separately reached out to you to identify and resolve any fault, and replace if necessary. SR TeamThanks guys. Have replied this afternoonI wanted to update this post. Without hesitation Sean and the team arranged for the matter to be sorted out asap. We've worked it out and honestly. Their customer interaction and aftercare is 2nd to none.