Smeg 50's Style BLF01

See the Best Blenders in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Smeg

• Product is used
  • Safety
Karz
KarzGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So hard to get the lid off and middle of lid will not budge to come out.

Really dissapointed in this product. It was so expensive and thought i was buying quality. I often make iced coffee or chocolate in this and end up with spilt all over my front as i have to hug the jug to prise the lid off. The lid sticks so hard and takes real muscle to get it off. Really annoying and messy. I now wish i hadnt given my old moulinex blender away.
Looks nice as a prop in the kitchen and that is all, not user friendly.

Purchased in December 2020 at David Jones Retail Stores for $235.00.

I couldnt agree more.

I bought the blender and after about 3 months had a small leak. 1-2 years in and its a virtual waterfall. The problem is that the blade unit has worn in its shaft and the drink or whatever you are mixing just leaks straight into the the motor unit. Im really upset because I would have thought that paying a premium over a cheap blender would get me something that would last.

After contacting SMEG Sweden (Where I bought It from), they despite designing a faulty blender refused to accept my bank statement as proof of purchase. I will not buy anything made by this company EVER.

Purchased for $250.00.

Jim C
Jim CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unacceptably poor design and execution

2 years in and this machine leaks fluid at any attempt to use it. I have disassembled the chassis and re-assesmbled, checked the gasket, nothing appears out of place yet it leaks smoothie through the engine and out the bottom. This is possibly hazardous with mains power supply into the unit where fluid is leaking. Appalling and unacceptable. Further, the design is so flawed that it requires disassembly of the blade from the unit to clean. This requires a large amount of force to undo and refit. Father in law's ancient hand me down Kambrook was far superior. This product is not fit for commercial release.

Purchased in March 2018.

Steve C.Smeg
Kath
KathHunter Region, NSW

Blends Great But Stopped Working

Terrific blender and Smeg has been fantastic in resolving my problem. It's tricky to assemble after washing and leaks if not reassembled 100% which requires strong wrists! Leaking into motor might be why mine broke (?)

Purchased in January 2019 at David Jones for $240.00.

Sadly, very disappointing.

As others have suggested, this was a very disappointing product. It leaks constantly no matter how I try to readjust the bottom! It’s also very difficult to clean, especially around the lid. I have three other Smeg appliances (which I love dearly) but this product has really made me lose faith in the brand.

Purchased in December 2019.

Taff Bang
Taff BangCentral West, NSW

Good & Bad

After 3 months it’s leaked, flooded the sideboard went all through the machine and countless attempts to fix no joy. Very disappointed as we thought buying Smeg was buying quality.

Anyway, I contacted Smeg and within 24 hours of contact, with ZERO FUSS they have a new one shipped out to us. They asked me for my details and a receipt and next minute I get an email saying it’s shipped. Now that sort of service can not be argued with. Very impressed. Thankyou Smeg Australia.

Purchased in October 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse.

Pretty, but useless

It’s beautiful, but your ingredients will immediately pour through the machine. I’ve tried tightening the bottom with the lid, but it won’t move. Back to my ugly kitchenaid. So disappointed.

Purchased in August 2020 for $215.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Miri. Thank you for your feedback, can you kindly email us your full name, address and a contact telephone number and we will contact you to discuss this matter. Our email address is diamondservice@smeg.com.au Thank you so much Smeg Australia.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Katie V.New South Wales

Leaks!!!! - but excellent prompt response from SMEG

Update - SMEG promptly replied to my complaint and replacing the product as it is under warranty and my blender was faulty. Absolutely delighted with the marvellous and quick customer service offered by SMEG.
I bought my blender over a year ago from David Jones. I thought it was aesthetically very pleasing. I rang Smeg as the first attempt to unscrew the bottom using the lid insert was almost impossible. I was informed by a very helpful and polite woman that it would be easier as time went on. Eventually it was. Poor design. It leaks appallingly. I have tried every location for the blades insert being screwed in at base and it leaks at every section.

Purchased in February 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $250.00.

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear Katie V.,
Sorry to hear about your blender. Could you please email diamondservice@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number? Once they have this information, they will be in direct contact with you.
Regards

Katie V.

Dear Rodney, thank you for such a quick reply! I have just emailed as directed. Kind regards, Katie

MRR
MRRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing blender :(

Purchased in November 2019 at David Jones for $220.00.

Jacqueline Y
Jacqueline YIngleburn

Good looking but NOT for USE

I bought everything smeg for my kitchen, everything is perfect only the blender is not very good, only used couple times and the spin is not working when i am about to make a smoothie. Very disappointed ~

Purchased in May 2020.

Kristen M.
Kristen M.South Australia

Faulty product

Unfortunately the blender we received appeared to be faulty. It wouldn't stay on even with just water it in! I found it difficult to navigate the controls in general, not sure if that's just because it was faulty though. The retailer was accommodating and accepted a return for full refund. We didn't hear anything further about whether it was faulty or not.

Purchased in March 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $249.00.

CrankyMumWTF
CrankyMumWTFSydney

Ridiculously hard to dis- and re-assemble which is necessary to clean it!

This blends fine. But the blades need to be removed from the jug to clean it, which is difficult and requires too much wrist strength to do easily. Same strength is required to reassemble it - and if you don't fully twist it back on it leaks through the motor and out the base. I've done this 3 times now and am dispatching this poorly designed appliance to the bin!

Purchased in December 2019.

Tamsyn Johnson
Tamsyn JohnsonIllawarra, NSW

Love it and looks great!

Love my Smeg blender!
Looks great and is easy to use.
The motor is Quite and the blender is efficient to use.
I use this daily for my protein shakes
Would recommend this product.

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for $299.00.

Amber
AmberGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

OK blender, better look than function

It is a really good looking blender, it will cover your basic needs if you want to make some ice cold juice. It is not easy to blend anything else apart from fruit. Not really easy to clean up though.

dave
daveGreat Southern, WA

terrible promotion offer

Fantastic blender. Use it every day without issue.
We purchased this over another model because of the promotion "Bottle to Go" attachment.
Still have not received bottle after 7 months.
Conned!!

Purchased in May 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Paul and Hannah U.
Paul and Hannah U.asked
50's Style BLF01

thinking of buying this product but seems to be an overwhelming number of bad reviews mainly to do with the blender leaking into the motor so am wondering if this problem has been rectified

Mary
Maryasked
50's Style BLF01

How do I remove the base of the glass blender for cleaning purposes. I have tried using the lid insert but it doesn't budge

Marcia G.
Marcia G.asked
50's Style BLF01

My blender has stopped working,it does not blend at all, can I fix it?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Marcia G . Thank you for your review. It is indeed unfortunate that you have experienced this problem. Have you contacted us to discuss this? We would love to have an opportunity to assist you further. If you have not contacted us, can you please email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number along with a photo of the Blender and the base that shows the serial number on it. Once we have this information we will contact you direct to discuss. Our email address is diamondservice@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

See all Smeg 50's Style BLF01 questions

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Smeg 50's Style BLF01

• MPN: BLF01BLAU, BLF01CRAU, BLF01PBAU, BLF01PGAU, BLF01PKAU, BLF01RDAU, BLF01SVAU and BLF01WHAU