Looks great but that's where it ends. Overheats and lucky to make two glasses of juice

I recently purchased a Smeg juicer, blue in colour, to match our toaster & kettle. They are attractive pieces and I thought the juicer would be a welcome addition. Unfortunately, the aesthetics is where it ended. Looks great, but it's not practical at all. Smeg should make it clear to purchasers well before they read the operating manual, that the appliance only operates for 3 minutes before overheating and stopping. There are only two of us at home and we are lucky if we get to make two glasses of orange juice before it stops working. Disappointed to say the least.

Hi Lucinda. Can you please email me direct as I would like to discuss this with you. Please include your full name and a contact telephone number. My name is Lesley and my email is: Lesley.ryder@smeg.com.au. Thank you. LesleyThanks Lesley for your response. I will email you. I did look on the SMEG website and could not find any contact details for anyone in Australia. I then sent a message on the SMEG Facebook page which was read but no response ever received.

We have the same problem. And not even a glass. It stops working. Got to wait for long until it starts working again. For a bright red one...looks awesome..but not worth the time. Any help?
Hi Arif, Please contact our Sales Department on 02 8667 4855 to discuss further. Regards, Smeg Tech Support.Hi Arif We had a rep attend our home to investigate the issue. The oranges have to be juiced rather quickly. I seemed to be holding them on the juicer for too long. It now does a few glasses for us without stopping. I was worried if I pressed too hard, it would harm the motor, but I was told to press hard and juice them quickly. We don't use the machine very often (only once every few months now), so I don't worry about it much any longer.

Do they have available this model?
There is only one model. The juicer is a relatively new addition to the Smeg small appliances range. It's exclusive to David Jones.

Smeg CJF01BLAU (Black)Smeg CJF01CRAU (Cream)Smeg CJF01PBAU (Pastel Blue)Smeg CJF01PGAU (Pastel Green)Smeg CJF01PKAU (Pink)Smeg CJF01RDAU (Red)
CategoryJuicersJuicersJuicersJuicersJuicersJuicers
Price (RRP) $219.00$219.00$219.00$219.00$219.00$219.00
TypeMotorised Manual-PressMotorised Manual-PressMotorised Manual-PressMotorised Manual-PressMotorised Manual-PressMotorised Manual-Press
Construction Material Aluminium , Die-Cast Metal, Plastic and Stainless SteelAluminium , Die-Cast Metal, Plastic and Stainless SteelAluminium , Die-Cast Metal, Plastic and Stainless SteelAluminium , Die-Cast Metal, Plastic and Stainless SteelAluminium , Die-Cast Metal, Plastic and Stainless SteelAluminium , Die-Cast Metal, Plastic and Stainless Steel
Colour / Finish BlackCreamPastel BluePastel GreenPinkRed
BPA FreeYesYesYesYesYesYes
Power70 W70 W70 W70 W70 W70 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual