Breville Juice Fountain Max / Plus

Breville Juice Fountain Max / Plus

Max (BJE410) and Plus (BJE400)

Sturdy machine!

This juicer performed wonderfully for me. It is sturdy and hasn't malfunctioned in the six months that I have it. I used it on a daily bases for two months no problems. Like any machine, you need to use it properly and no put very tough cores or stems on it. Read up on how to juice properly or get tips from YouTube to get the most of your machine. I give it a four because it doesn't juice small leaves like spinach very well. Other than that, I love my juicer.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Avoid at all cost! NOT 1 BUT 2 failed within 6 months or light use.

I bought one about a year ago, and I only used it once or twice a week. Within six months the motor died. So, given how few there are on the market in this price range, I thought maybe I just had a 'bad one' and genuinely wanted to give Breville another go and bought the same model (yeah, silly, I know, but I genuinely wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt). The second one started playing up within six months as well! From day one, the juice would run down the side as the parts were poorly sealed. I thought I can put up with that minor inconvenience. But no, a few weeks later the motor started to sound different and the juice came out with tons of pulp. In fact, sometimes no juice would come out. By far the worst kitchen product I ever bought. Avoid it at all cost!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

This is very good but does not do a great job with leafy vegetables

This juicer is really good. Not messy and easy to use, wash and clean.

The only drawback I noticed is that it does not juice leafy vegetables as nicely as it does other fruits and veggies. The leafy vegetables come out in the extract bin as is most of the time.

Apart from this everything else is great with this juicer. Its worth having it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Amazing!

The performance of this juicer is amazing! I use it to make mainly apple and carrot juice. No need to cut, peel or deseed. Just a quick wash and your ready to go. It's easy to clean and dishwasher safe. The amount of juice extracted is quite good as 1 Liter of carrot juice needs about 12-15 carrots. It's a great and healthier alternative for kids who like juice.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Juicer mesh has a hole in it

Initially excellent easy to clean and quiet. I juiced carrots lemons and turmeric. However the mesh now has a rip in it and the motor smells when I use it. Can I have a replacement mesh I bought in Good Guys on 02/01/2017. I have not used it very much. It looks on the outside sparkling but now does not work

Date PurchasedJan 2017

A value for money

Since we bought this blender we are enjoying the fruit juice from it, the machine is silent while in operation and easy to clean and maintain. We use this blender 3 to 4 times a week to make mixed fruit juices for our family. We are fully satisfied with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Bought two and they both died within a month

The unit was quiet and relatively easy to maintain however can be loud. My gripe with this unit was the shelf life. I bought one and it lasted approximately three weeks. Assuming this was just bad luck, I purchased another but this one only lasted four weeks. I'd suggest avoiding this all together

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Excellent Juicer

This is the third juicer I have owned and by far the best. Great design, solid, powerful, neat and pure juice. I'm so impressed with this item. As with all juicers, you have to disassemble to clean but because its so well made, it just rinses off easily. It's quieter than my previous juicers and can do most stuff on low. I only use high for carrots etc. Typical of Breville, a well thought out, well made and attractively designed product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Love it

Easy to assemble and use, easy to clean.

Happy (and surprised the first time I used it) with the amount of juice that the machine produces. I usually use the machine on high speed but for softer fruits and leafies I tend to use the low setting which produces juice just as well. Machine is used 2-4 times a week and i tend to juice anything from strawberries and bananas to carrots and celery.
I have only had the machine for a month or two so far but have found that the only thing I have to clean is the machine itself! Havent had an issue with leaking or spills which is great.
The machine is a little loud however I didn't really expect a 'quiet' juicer and dont mind the noise.

Happy with the product :)

Wears out too quickly :(

Juicer is loud (not really an issue though), easy enough to clean and maintain. Used it probably 3 times a week (always juice for two days). Was very happy with performance of juicer for about 18-20 months, but whether it is the motor, which sometimes sounds like its toiling, or the blade that got worn out, this juicer stopped performing so I stopped using it for a while. Used it again recently and it does not produce anywhere near the same amount of juice as before and the pulp is always wet and has to go through again, and yes, I use exactly the same veggies and fruit as I did before ... Replacement parts are very expensive too so may just cut my losses and buy a new one.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Love this juicer!

We use our juicer every day - it has changed our daily routine for the better. Yes, it's large, so storage is a consideration - but it's a breeze to use and clean up. We buy fresh Tasmanian apples and pears, and add ginger, celery and carrot - delicious and nutritious! We've also used the pulp in a soup, for fibre :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Excellent juicer, solid performer.

I bought one from the Good Guys for $167.

Easy to assemble, dead simple controls of high, low or off. The switch is an old school toggle type, a satisfying clunk when switching on or off. Consider it will last a very long time.

Low speed is meeting soft fruit juicing needs, harder stuff like carrots and apples juice easily. High speed really gets things going, I have a feeling you get the most juice from high speed although I have little to back this up.

Once high speed winds up, the noise can be a bit high especially if you're an early riser as the house will know what you're doing. Its not jet engine levels but that juicing basket really does move and generate a bit of noise. Personally I dont have a problem with it. All part of the theatre.

In that case, low speed works fine for the likely breakfast juice types.

Although a general juicing caveat and not directly this units tendency, be prepared for using volume to get decent juice amounts. Nine or ten big oranges for a full mug, several carrots, several apples and a palm sized chunk of ginger to generate enough juice for one big serve or two moderate. If you intend to juice regularly, stock up.

The feed chute does a great job of containing product dropped into it, as they bounce and splash on the spinning juicer baskets shredder teeth. Keep the feed plunger near and you wont have a clean up issue, some product does splash.

Doesnt seem to do loose or leafy product well unless you juice it with other product. Having said that, the amount of juice from leaf material is obviously going to be less, again the volume idea.

Rubber sucker feet on the engine casing make it a certain fit on the bench top. Will not move. There is a metal U-shaped loop connected to the base that swings over and clips over the juicing housing, holding it secure. There is a safety switch built in, cant turn the unit on unless that loop is in place.

Cleaning is as simple as rinsing, a brush is provided to scrub the basket and is a perfect cleaning tool. Re-assembly is simple as the parts fit together like Lego, there are no threads to screw onto or pins to replace, it just all fits together.

Excellent product, very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Perfect cheap starter juicer

This is my introduction into the juicing world, and a good place to start. This juicer is worth $150 new at JB HiFi

It produces juice, but there is a lot of waste - sometimes light leaves like spinach fly off directly into the pulp bin (I run them through again with a piece of apple) The pulp is damp, telling me that it is juicing too fast. I sometimes check the pulp bin and find large pieces of apple or ginger, and run them through again.

But for the money - I would have to spend 10x more to get better performance from a slow juicer. So it's perfect for my needs.

I never use the high speed, because it seems like the low speed is too fast. Plenty of power!

It is very easy to clean, and I have been happy to make juice every day, even with cleanup (and I hate cleanup!)

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

The perfect blender that I have ever had

When I was invited to my boyfriend's house he made some juice with this perfect blender. I can still remember how amazing it was not only for how sweet he is, but also the taste of the juice. It tasted like what I buy from a juice shop. So i bought one for my own, strongly recommended!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Nice well made product

Makes nice juice fast. Its a little loud but all juices are, at least the baby sleeps through it. Its a bit hard to clean but I think that applies to most juice machines. We use it every morning since getting it 3 weeks ago. Uses a lot of fruit/veggies to make the juice. I think it's liquid extraction could be a little better but im just being picky. Overall a well made product that performs as promised.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Forgot how good this juicer is.

When we moved house, I accidentally dropped my 9 year old juice collector bowl and broke the top rim off. A year later I called Breville to get a replacement piece. Very friendly, quick service from the call centre. My replacement piece arrived last week and I have been enjoying the most wonderful, healthy juices every day since. The amount of juice extracted from the fruits and vegetables is incredible. The leftovers go straight into the worm farm. The unit is super easy to clean (I cheat and use the dishwasher most days). The juicer is great and I highly recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2007

Fast and easy to clean

Using it 3 to 4 times a week
Love the size of the jug and the amount you can juice container is ample for family or large juices for 2
Large bin container for fibre is really handing not having to empty mid juice
Easy to clean and put back together and is pretty quiet compared to my last one
Also can use whole apple size and beets
Love that can juice oranges in this one
Makes quick work of vegetables
Down side is that it is quite large so good size bench top space required
Would be hard to keep it in cupboard and take out to use regularly

Date PurchasedNov 2007

Best juice I've used to date

This juice does the job most juicers can't, make juice with minimal foam and mess.
It will not clog up in the juicing chamber or spit juice everywhere on your kitchen bench and walls.
The juice made is fine particle instead of the average smoothie soup.
Easy to clean and lasts for years.
I have tried most medium and low cost juicers and know that this machine is worth it's weight in apples.
Don't forget to compost your pulp!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent !

Excellent juicer. Easy to clean (they provide a brush to clean the filter)
I makes juice everyday, so i don't need to shop for juice anymore because mine is very fresh and i can mix anything i want! After you finish juice, better to put water into your juicer (if you dont want to wash it straight away), also soak the filter as well to avoid the fruit pulp become dry and difficult to clean up.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Terrible at cleaning

The machine is good apart from cleaning bcoz design is worst they have put couple of design in plastic parts they are worst for cleaning. I use to like it now these days I hate it, with time you will slowly feels like to not to use it. Sorry brevile this time I can't give you thumbs ups

Date PurchasedJan 2014