Smeg CS90GMXHA

Smeg CS90GMXHA

MPN: CS90GMXHA

Smeg = Perfection

Love my new Smeg oven, especially the metal handles, no plastic on this oven...
Major positive is the small burner at the BACK of the stove top, just where you need to leave a simmering pot for a few hours and no little people can get to it... easy clean stove top too

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Technology

This stove was a long time in planning. After my old stove ceased, we finally upgraded to this Smeg freestanding stove. Initially, I was looking into a 70cm. Once in store and not having my questions answered, the salesperson referred us to Smeg’s showroom. The staff there were able to answer my questions and also gave us a lot to think about. Staff was very helpful and gave us confidence in the products.
After much deliberation, we chose this stove. Great oven space of 126 litre capacity. 6 gas eyelets. This model is dual fuel so you need an electrician to install a 15amp fuse. A good tip given by the plumber was to switch on oven for 45 min to burn out any particles. The oven will smoke but will fade away. I did this a few times so the metal smell will go away. Another thing to be aware of, the timer needs to be set so oven will function. Technology has changed from the days of cooking in oven without any hassles. With the need of timer to be on, if you forget and step out, the oven will shut down by itself. There is so much more to tell, but overall, we are happy with purchase and as an added bonus, Smeg offers a cooking class on how to use your freestanding oven. At first I laughed but seriously, this is a must. What better way to understand your appliance - attend to showroom where staff know more about the products and how to use.
May add additional info as I use and receive tips from Smeg.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

We have just purchased our SMEG cs95gmbna - straight out of the box and into position in the kitchen. It doesn't work. Gas cooktop OK - but no timer display - so no oven - and nothing I've tried will get it going. Electricfian can't touch it due to "warranty" issues. SMEG rangehood (brand new out of the box also) has its button panel loose - and needs fixing -and we haven't even got the kitchen finished. Gunna be an interesting Xmas. I still have faith though - as long as the Aplliances rep get's his butt to my house and fixes things If they drag the chain - how do I at least get the Oven going for Xmas day ??? (I can live without the Range hood for a couple of weeks) Signed - Calm but frustrated.
Dear Snowy, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to arrange for this problem to be fixed without delay. Regards, Steve CullenSnowy, sorry mine is a slightly different model. No buttons or digital clock. Hope you get it sortedgood news - Winning Appliances have offered TO DO a straight swap over - which is wonderful news. Rangehood is now fixed - twas only a minor adjustment but had to be done by a service rep. Phew. Nearly there !

Does this oven need the timer on for the heat to come on ? I was told it didn’t but now just after purchasing I read in the reviews that it does ?
Yes it does, at least you can't burn your food with the timer on. Have a fab ChristmasHi Cathy M, If you set the timer to the hand symbol, it will stay on for as long as you like. Regards SmegHi Cathy, I too fell in the non understanding of the use of the oven. You do need the timer fir the oven to run. If in need of longer timing, turn the knob to the left where a hand symbol is shown. This gives you the choice on longer timing. The bonus to the timer, is that the whole oven shuts down if on the timer. This is it’s safety feature. Wonderful invention. What I do also recommend is that you find your nearest Smeg office where they offer a cooking session and show you all the benefits on how to use the appliance. It is a learning lesson recommended. Hope to have been of assistance. Regards Maria

CS90GMXHA