Smeg DWAU6214X

7 questions from our users

Caitlin M.

Caitlin M.asked

I have this dishwasher
I turned it on this morning and only the power button lights up but no other button does. There for you cant select a program. I have tried a number of times but only the power button lights up seems to be stuck

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Caitlin, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the right hand side of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be able to arrange an inspection to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Cherylee N.asked

I have had my smeg dishwasher for about 1 month and it been great dishwasher but I turned it on this morning and only the power button lights up but no other button does. There for you can’t select a program. I have tried a number of times but only the power button lights up seems to be stuck

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Cherylee - I believe we have emailed you this morning in regards to this review, We await your reply. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Cherylee N.

Yes thank you I just replied in confirming

Julie. S

Julie. Sasked

I have had my smeg dishwasher for 13 months and it has been a great dishwasher but I turned it on this morning and only the power button lights up but no other button does so therefore you can't select a program I have tried several times but only the power button lights up.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Julie S - Thank you for your question. In order for us to assist you can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. We will then contact you direct to discuss this. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Chloe

Chloeasked

I moved in my new masterton home .
I try to use my dishwasher , and I found my detergent dispenser is not open .
What should I do

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Chloe! Thank you for your enquiry in order for us to assist you can you kindly email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number and we will then contact you direct to discuss this further our email address is Service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley kind regards Smeg Australia

Laura Eliaasked

We just moved in to our new Clarendon house, the SMEG dishwasher doesnt work (DWAU6214X). The power light comes on but none of the functions work. Ive tried everything on this thread and nothing works.
Power is on, rinse aid is in (it takes 140ml even though it comes with a 70ml sachet), hose is connected.... fresh out of ideas.

SeñoraS
SeñoraS

The buttons must be pressed for a bit for functions to work. Put the liquid rinse aid in the placement inside dishwasher and turn off the rinse aid function on the panel. If dishwasher doesn’t turn on contact builder. They should have proof of purchase that you can use to contact Smeg for them to come and inspect.

Laura Elia

Thanks, we tried all that. None of the buttons respond other than power on/off

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Laura Ella,
Please ensure the dishwasher is leveled correctly, otherwise this affect the door locking properly and therefore the machine won't start.
Either contact builder to have the machine leveled or our Service Department on 02 8667 4833.

Regards,
Smeg Tech Support.

Alexandra S.

Alexandra S.asked

Dishwasher is almost 2 yrs old now and we are starting to see issues. We clean everything monthly and recently the LED panel in the middle no longer lights up when we start it. We can start any cycle however as soon as it comes to the part where the tab needs to be released the dishwasher beeps twice and the cycle stops. Water has started pooling at the bottom and the tap dispenser is still closer. Called the customer service and they tried to reset over the phone, which didn't help and now we need to wait 4! weeks to get someone to service it which is frankly quite ridiculous. Anyone here who had the same issue and can help so we do not have to call anyone in?

Patches

Alexandra, e mail this person: steve.cullen@smeg.com.au
He was on to it straight away. If you write a comment (negative) on product review page someone will contact you, as that is what happened to us. We didn’t go through customer care waste of time. We are still not happy with the dishwasher even though they came out and “fixed” it. Doesn’t wash properly especially peanut butter!!!
Good luck!

Yoyo

Yoyoasked

I moved into my new home with DWAI6214X built in for around 1 month. The dish washer failed to start today. I cannot choose the program cycle when I turn it on. I fixed it by adjusting the plates in the morning. However, it failed again in the evening and I can never make it work. Please help fix it by advising the solution or sending a technician. Thanks.

steve.cullen@smeg.com.au
Email the gentleman above. He helped us immediately by answering my complaint immediately. Tell him what is going on with your smeg.
Ours works now but I find the basket for cutlery too small and we had to remove the cutlery drawer at the top as if we didn’t the wine glasses wouldn’t fit in. It is a small space for utensils and even on the heaviest wash won’t clean off peanut butter!!

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives