Smeg DWAU6315X

MPNs: DWAU6315X and DWAU6315X2

3.0

• Internal Layout

JacquelineSydney, NSW

Very happy with the dishwasher.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores.

Deb F.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing value

Less that 12 months old and doesn t meet up to my expectations, based on other (cheaper) dishwashers I have owned. Cleans well, but wash cycles dont dry the dishes well. Have followed manual and use powder with rinse aid. Have had a tech out already for a knockong sound and now is not working at all. I will not buy Smeg again.

Purchased in June 2019.

Lesley R.Smeg
Strato c.

Strato c.Perth, WA

Smeg DWA157 dish washer

Well what a heap. I bought this 3 yrs ago but it has probably done 20 cycles in that time as I only use them if I have dinner parties and the circuit board has a blown resistor.. No inline fuse in these anymore to protect from power surges?? A total waste of money.. Oh and Smeg boards are a $600 part...

Purchased for A$1,200.00.

Adam Gallenti-Smith

Adam Gallenti-SmithGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

close but no cigar

I have had this dishwasher for 1 week: (yes 1 week) Dishwasher has a good look and build, spacious, cleans well and easy to install. However the glass separators (if that's what you call them) click into the rack and are very flimsy and break which is very irritating as you then have to go through the problem of getting and waiting for a replacement part if they will of course. There is just no attention to detail with some manufacturers.

Purchased in February 2020 at e&s for A$999.00.

-Grabovica-

-Grabovica-Sydney

Disappointed

Purchased in August 2018.

scholl

schollMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Washes well.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman Outlet Mile End SA.

John

JohnHunter Region, NSW

Disappointing product.

This is my second time owning a dishwasher and thought they should do pretty much the same job, boy was I wrong. My first dishwasher was a Samsung and it was great!
This Smeg washer does not dry after wash, I left it for a few days and its still wet! I used rinse aid aswell.
This washer also does not clean well enough to be care free. I am always checking and rewashing atlease a few items after each load!
Other than that, which is the main reason why people get a washer, everything else seems fine.
I would not recommend people this product. Stay clear!!!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Smeg Dishwasher DWAU6315X

Purchased in April 2017 at Bing Lee for A$1,200.00.

Stuck with —- error. Needs resetting each time to work

Puchased new house with built in Smeg dishwasher. Unfortunately, very poor experience. Previously had issues with cycle not draining/completing. Fixed with cleaning and resetting. Now stuck with —- (three dashes) error. Needs resetting each time to get it to work. The dashes appear again once restarted. CNt find any help with this error in the manual. Very disappointed I must say.

Purchased in January 2017.

Lesley R.Smeg
Tejas

Thanks for your prompt response. I have emailed the details as requested

ChedoSydney

Very average dishwasher

Date PurchasedJun 2018
mm77771

mm77771Sydney

Will reserve judgement - not happy with a number of things

Had this unit installed this week. But can't say I'm over the moon. Dishes don't dry adequately (cutlery at top very wettest and middle draw any plastic particularly wet like they haven't been on a cycle that dries! The door is also very tight to open and noisy to close and does not lie completely horizontal when opened fully. Is enough to clear the bottom drawer, but just doesn't feel right, as it springs up very slightly. Has any else experienced these issues, or could it be related to installation? Have only used it a couple of times on auto setting. All lamps on showing dry is included in the washes...?

Date PurchasedJun 2018

JacquelineBrisbane

Works well.

It’s a good dishwasher with useful settings. The size allows a lot to fit in quite easily, the cutlery holder sits in the dishwasher well. The dishwasher does a really good job of cleaning and drying the dishes. It’s pretty quiet while washing. I always use the “eco” wash option for dishes and it does a really good job.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Dissappointed in the European Appliance

I have used & owned several cheaper brands that worked better overall. $1400 worth of dissappointment! Plastics, top of cups and glasses and even cuttlery still wet 15 mins after the end of a 2.31min cycle that is supposed to dry. Have videos and pics to show how wet. Plates and cups dont fit very well - average size. This would be acceptable overall if I didn't have to dry most things by hand after a cycle.... paid top dollar and feel very dissappointed after saving a long time for a supposed top model! :(

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Not happyD'Aguilar

Don't buy a Smeg

Cleans dishes well enough but does not dry at all due to all the plastic components.
Had to take the utensils tray out as it is not deep enough. The door doesn't close properly if top draw does not line up exactly with the top spray head connection. I bought a Smeg because I thought it had a good name, the only thing good about a a Smeg is the name. I've had a lot of dishwashers in my life and this is the worst. People save your money and buy anything but a Smeg, I just hope it dies quickly and I can buy something else.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Not happy

Thank you Smeg team, I may not have been happy with my purchase but I must say I'm extremely happy with Smeg's follow up regarding this review. Excellent and professional team to deal with...well done and thank you.

Simon

SimonCanberra

Great purchase

THE SMEG is beautiful and a great machine. Very quiet and dishes are always very clean. No problems. Adjustable racks and we always use it on auto.seems to be the best setting. The shorter setting does leave some things wet, like Tupperware plastic etc. But this is normal. Happy i paid more for the italian job

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Dirty dishes

Dirty dishesPerth

Nothing fits or gets clean

Unfortunately plates don’t fit, nor do chopping boards, cups don’t balance or fit on top level, tall glasses don’t fit at all, the cutlery tray literally falls out of the machine if you use it and if you do use it barely any cutlery fits and allows you to slide the tray closed.
It also doesn’t clean well and bakes on food that was previously only something that needed wiping. Also comes with crap instructions on how to operate or understand the controls.. never again

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Fred T

Fred TBeenleigh

Excellent dishwasher

After our old dishwasher an Asko died we looked for a replacement.Two dishwashers would fit into the space provided an Asko and a SMEG , Decided on the SMEG and I am super pleased we did. It washes dishes superbly clean (much better than the ASKO ) while being quiet in use. The controls are easy to use and in ECO mode uses very little water. Strongly recommend this product to you Fred T

Date PurchasedNov 2017
M.C

M.CMelbourne

Hard working and quiet

Has a number of cleaning settings including heat control which cleans dishes very well. Especially like the economy option which reduces cleaning time. Nice stylish design which looks nice in your kitchen. Would recommend arranging for installment.

I have to add though that larger dinner plates don’t fit easily into the machine so you would need to compensate for this. Overall I would recommend.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
rick

rick

not a miele

We had a Miele where everything worked perfectly until it broke down :( We decided to go for SMEG but we now found out that it do not hold out plates (normal size) and glasses easily. the adjustments are just not right. Also to top drawer is very rough to operate but most of all the door is very stiff to operate.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
nofaber

nofaberAdelaide

Happy

3 months and everything is very good.
A quiet, efficient machine.
Nice looking washer, easy to clean with no sticking out bits.
Buttons require firmer pressure for a little longer than I have encountered before. I actually like that.
Decided to go Smeg as all appliances in a rental we owned (14) years were totally trouble free.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Maus and KBasked

We have a SMEG DWA 157X and it has stopped working with water still in the bottom. There are no lights on the dial and I have checked that the power supply is ok. I have also checked the drain at the bottom of the washer. Any ideas?
Thanks KB

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Maus and KB,I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, I would say that the timer may be at fault so could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the right side of the door. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix this problem. Regards, Steve Cullen

I have sent an email to you Steve. Thanks KB

Samantha F.

Samantha F.asked

Why doesn’t my SMEG DWA6315x1 dry the dishes. It’s so annoying!

Jacqueline

I don't have an issue with mine. I usually run it overnight and when the cycle finishes the door opens and everything is dry by morning. If I am in a hurry I turn that function off and use the alternative drying cycle. Good quality rinse aid helps.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Samantha, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details. Can you also check that there is rince aid in the appliance as this aids in the drying process. If you still have an issue I will be in a position to arrrange a service call to ascertain what to do to fix this problem. Regards, Steve Cullen

Glenn

Glennasked

Hi i have had this model dishwasher for nearly 3 years. The door spring seem to have broken and free falls down to horizontal. Is this a common fault for dishwasher age and can this be easily fixed?

Deb F.

Thanks. Mine was less that 12 months old. Don't think I will ever buy a smeg again.

Dear Glenn,
Thanks for your enquiry. Could you please call our technical support team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be able to assist you.
Regards
Smeg

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives