Smeg FS61X / FS61XNG8

Smeg FS61X / FS61XNG8

FS61X and FS61XNG8

Dodgy Smeg Freestanding Oven FS61XNG8

We have recently purchased a smeg freestanding oven and have had it for less than a month. From the very first day we turned it on it has made a very noisy vibrational sound, I contacted smeg straight away, they advised to continue using for a couple of weeks to see if it settles after transportation. Late last week a new rattling sound emerged aswell. There has been nothing but problems. To make matters worse it seems there is too much moisture in the oven and that the thermoseal is not doing its job, when on vapour clean starts leaking water into the cavity draw below. I suspect the oven is not distributing the heat evenly as food is not cooking consistently. This is ridiculous. I am not happy at all.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Christie. Thank you for your review. My name is Steve Cullen and I am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager for Smeg Australia. I would like to assist you with your concerns and in order to do so, I will need some information from you. Can you please email me direct : steve.cullen@smeg.com.au - I will need your full name, address as well as a convenient contact telephone number. I will then be in direct contact with you to organise an inspection and repair. Regards Steve Cullen.

Good compact dual fuel oven

- Triple-glazed oven door is amazingly cool, great for little hands
- Great safety features on the gas - push to turn knobs, flame failure (while very rare) seems to cut the gas.
- Oven cooking is fairly even (front to back), but not perfect unfortunately
- there is an occasional rattle in the fan but it's not a huge issue
- For the price it seems to be decent quality and quite stylish too!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Mediocre aat best

The gas cook top is great, however the oven is very uneven, and the temperature is all over the place. Cooking times are inconsistent.

Tolerable for most situations, but totally sucks for baking cakes pavlovas, soufflés etc.

The fan has rattled since new.
The bottom tray door hinge was broken.
The clock started playing up/losing sections after about a year and now is useless.
After 4 years the oven element failed.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Dear JDoug, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenSmeg's customer service has been outstanding. They replaced the thermostat and the clock. It now works wonderfully.

Excellent Stove

When the oven of our BLanco stove died we decided to go for a new cooker .3 stoves would fit into the space provided with the right power connection for the installed cabling.WE decided on the Smeg for its looks and after having recently bought an excellent Smeg dishwasher. We were a little apprehensive about the new style control knobs but these have been very easy to use and give excellent control of the element heats.The oven is very good heating up reasonably quickly and the timer function of the clock is easy to set and works well. The sound of the alarm while being fairly quiet is easy to hear.The oven temperature controls this very well and the cooking time is normally in the lowest stated period on frozen products. Have not used the auto timing on the oven so cannot comment on this but if it is as good as the rest of the functions it will be very good. Strongly recommend this product

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great - almost perfect!

This is a terrific electric oven/gas stovetop cooker. I love the electric oven - it heats up so quickly and cooks things evenly. The stovetop is great too, although the starter clicky things have to be on for quite a while before the gas will stay lit, and in early morning hours seems loud and long. After a black out the oven will not work until two buttons are pressed on the clock, and I do not use the timer so cannot say whether it works - found the clock difficult to set and don't need another clock so I made a cover for it to black it out. The front wok burner gas hob tends to make a stain/burn mark around the steel that can be annoying, maybe I need to use the stand more? But altogether I love this cooker and am glad I bought it.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

great stove rubbish timing system

brought this stove a year before we had it installed in a new home.
this is a brilliant stove the gas cook top is great and the oven good.
However the clock just rings a bell when time is up does NOT switch OFF as our old Smeg oven did. Also the time would not adjust on the clock, Smeg replaced the clock no trouble but the technician had trouble setting the time on the new one and didn't know how he did it. Later when we tried to set the time again it would not reset, After numerous phone calls, and an offer of another new clock, Smeg head office finally told me there was a misprint in the instruction manual - followed the new instructions and all is well. Smeg really didn't care saying that it "wasn't my fault the the instructions are wrong" nor did they bother to tell their service agents ?

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Can the oven for this appliance be connected to a standard 10 amp power point or is a larger e.g. 15 amp power circuit required?
The plug won't actually fit. You need a sparkie to chop the end off and hard wire it. I found this confusing as well.Hi Mike I would like to advise that the plug MUST be 15amp - kind regards Lesley @ Smeg

Has anyone had trouble with their oven not turning on? Ive just tried doing all these tips and read the instruction manual but nothing is working. We had it installed just before Christmas and only used it for a couple weeks before its stopped working. Gas cooktop still works fine. thanks :-) mel
Same thing just happened to me today!

Hi, Does this freestanding cooker come with an LPG conversion kit? Thanks
Hi Mel, Yes you can you can convert this to LPG, if you need a kit, please give our Spare Parts a ring and order a LPG Conversion kit - our phone number is 028667 4875. Have a great day. SMEG AUSTRALIA

FS61XFS61XNG8
Dimensions 945 x 596 x 595 mm915 x 600 x 600 mm
Cooktop TypeGasGas
Number of Burners/Zones 44
Wok Burner YesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJul 2012Jul 2012