Smeg FS61X / FS61XNG8

Smeg FS61X / FS61XNG8

FS61X and FS61XNG8

Maddy

I am so upset with my purchase of the Smeg upright cooker

I am so upset with my purchase of the Smeg upright cooker. This is the second cooker I’ve had delivered as the first one was faulty. The oven cooks unevenly. The gas hobs switch of continuously whilst cooking and I come back to check my meals and realise it’s turned off. The oven is impossible to clean. I’m so irritated and I really don’t want to have to try and communicate with the Smeg contractor here in Melbourne as their customer service was terrible. Very difficult to clean. I guess I have to just wear it but Smeg has really let us down.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,399.00.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Daily
Rodney M.Smeg

Christie

ChristieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dodgy Smeg Freestanding Oven FS61XNG8

We have recently purchased a smeg freestanding oven and have had it for less than a month. From the very first day we turned it on it has made a very noisy vibrational sound, I contacted smeg straight away, they advised to continue using for a couple of weeks to see if it settles after transportation. Late last week a new rattling sound emerged aswell. There has been nothing but problems. To make matters worse it seems there is too much moisture in the oven and that the thermoseal is not doing its job, when on vapour clean starts leaking water into the cavity draw below. I suspect the oven is not distributing the heat evenly as food is not cooking consistently. This is ridiculous. I am not happy at all.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Steve C.Smeg
Spillmill

SpillmillQueensland

Good compact dual fuel oven

- Triple-glazed oven door is amazingly cool, great for little hands
- Great safety features on the gas - push to turn knobs, flame failure (while very rare) seems to cut the gas.
- Oven cooking is fairly even (front to back), but not perfect unfortunately
- there is an occasional rattle in the fan but it's not a huge issue
- For the price it seems to be decent quality and quite stylish too!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

JDougBallarat

Mediocre aat best

The gas cook top is great, however the oven is very uneven, and the temperature is all over the place. Cooking times are inconsistent.

Tolerable for most situations, but totally sucks for baking cakes pavlovas, soufflés etc.

The fan has rattled since new.
The bottom tray door hinge was broken.
The clock started playing up/losing sections after about a year and now is useless.
After 4 years the oven element failed.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Steve C.Smeg
JDoug

Smeg's customer service has been outstanding.
They replaced the thermostat and the clock.
It now works wonderfully.

Fred T

Fred TBeenleigh

Excellent Stove

Date PurchasedAug 2017

MK44

MK44Northern NSW

Great - almost perfect!

This is a terrific electric oven/gas stovetop cooker. I love the electric oven - it heats up so quickly and cooks things evenly. The stovetop is great too, although the starter clicky things have to be on for quite a while before the gas will stay lit, and in early morning hours seems loud and long. After a black out the oven will not work until two buttons are pressed on the clock, and I do not use the timer so cannot say whether it works - found the clock difficult to set and don't need another clock so I made a cover for it to black it out. The front wok burner gas hob tends to make a stain/burn mark around the steel that can be annoying, maybe I need to use the stand more? But altogether I love this cooker and am glad I bought it.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Maurie

MaurieFar North Queensland, QLD

great stove rubbish timing system

Date PurchasedApr 2016

MAX ECHO

MAX ECHOasked

FS61XNG8

Oven worked fine for a year. Now the timer is flashing A and a key symbol appears. I can't find reference to key symbol. In manual

Jane

Janeasked

FS61XNG8

I was considering getting this stove but am alarmed at the number of bad reviews.
SMEG used to have a great name but wondering if this is still the case.
I'm a food technology teacher and cook a lot so want an excellent product with reliability and long term satisfaction.

Maddy

My previous stove was Smeg but over 15 years old and was great. Stove very difficult to clean oven. It’s as if residue from cooking gets into the enamel and cannot be cleaned. They are unfortunately made very cheap.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Jane. thank you for your question, we would love to have the opportunity to discuss your concerns and also talk you through the various functions and features of our beautiful appliances. Can you kindly email: info@smeg.com.au with your full name, address and a contact telephone number please mark this information to the attention of Kylie. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Maxwell Stanley
Maxwell Stanley

We were also considering purchasing an FS61XNG8 but concerned at the bad reviews. Has the quality that SMEG was known for dropped? Are they still made in Italy?

Jan92

Jan92asked

FS61XNG8

Trying to remove the door for cleaning. Inserted a 'pintle' into the hinge but it actually prevents you lifting the door off. Any suggestions?
Jan

Rodney M.Smeg

Hi Jan,
Please call our technical support team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be able to assist you
Regards
Smeg

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Smeg FS61XNG8

Dimensions 915 x 600 x 600 mm945 x 596 x 595 mm
Cooktop TypeGasGas
Number of Burners/Zones 44
Wok Burner YesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJul 2012Jul 2012