Smeg FS9606XS

• Safety
  • Preheating Speed
John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Timer / oven does not work; Kick plate missing: Not good enough given the price.

We purchased our oven from The Good Guys a week ago and was installed straight out of the box over the weekend by a qualified electrictian and gas fitter. Disappointingly, the timer does not work and therefore the oven doesn't work. In addition, the kick plate is missing. The gas cooktop works really well but as we use an oven daily, to be without it is annoying. We raised it with SMEG who knew what the problem was without even coming to inspect. The problem is that it will take a week to order the part and send someone out to fix. Not impressed given we thought SMEG stood for quality products.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys.

Lesley R.Smeg

AshNortheast, VIC

Extremely disappointed - Waste of Money!!!!

I purchased this oven from Good Guys in early 2018 for our newly built house, and for my home based cake decorating business. In September 2018 I got the thermostat replaced as I noticed a sudden temperature drops and increases in the oven. Also we got some parts of the cook top replaced as the black parts in the burners melted.
Two weeks ago again I noticed inconsistency when baking and noticed sudden increase of the oven temperature from 150'c to 180'c. A total waste of money!!!! It is so heart breaking that I can't trust my oven and it ruins my business.. :(

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for A$2,900.00.

Steve C.Smeg
Ash

Hi Steve, thank you very much for your reply, I will email you with all the details tonight.
Cheers
Ashini

rivkah.hammer

rivkah.hammerMurray Mallee, SA

love it

the only issue I had was it only came with one shelf and I had to go out and buy a second!! It's roomier than my last 90cm and much quieter to the point sometimes I'm not sure it is on!!!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,971.00.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Smeg FS9606XS compares to other Freestanding Ovens

MATT.B

MATT.Basked

I purchased my oven in august 2017 and just recently the door wont close fully. I have to put a prop against it to close it. Would it be the springs/hinges? Do you recommend a servicer in melbourne or can I fix myself?
Cheers Matt

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Matt, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix this problem. Regards, Steve Cullen

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryFreestanding Ovens