Smeg SA45MCX

Microwaves Buying Guide

Read now

2.6

ToddBrisbane

SMEG stand by the quality of their goods

I have had several Smeg appliances and some just outside of warranty. Smeg has stood by the quality of their products and provided the parts free of charge to repair the goods. I still had to pay a small service charge but happy to do so. When a company charges high prices for goods we all expect them to last. Good to see Smeg feel the same way.

Todd

Hello Steve, contacted you and sent invoices a few days ago as requested. Could you please confirm if you received theses ?

LMRSydney, NSW

Not built to last

We have had this microwave for approx 7 years. We chose it and spent more because of the SMEG brand thinking it was built to last. Recently the electronic PCB board has blown and will cost approx $1300 to fix. I realise that 7 years might seem a long time but I really didn't expect to be replacing it so soon and I am really disappointed that appliance are now only built for such a short life span. I can't justify spending this amount on repairing it.

Purchased in January 2012 at winnings appliances for A$3,000.00.

Noise Level
LMR

Thanks steve I will do that now

Steve

SteveMount Eliza

Fantastic

Great around kitchen Convection oven / microwave. A high quality product, versatile and easy to use. Good looking machine to fit in any modern or contemporary kitchen. Lots of functions to assist with the various dishes and temperatures required for cooking. 1000 watt microwave with convection capabilities. The stainless steel works well in the kitchen

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Microwaves

Find out how Smeg SA45MCX compares to other Microwaves

Dissapointing

We have four Smeg appliances in our kitchen, Range hood, induction cook top, oven and microwave, all have been trouble free except the microwave (SA45MCX2) The main board was replaced in the first 12 months under warranty, 2 years on and the main board has gone again.Due to past performance I am not prepared to spend the money to have this repaired, buying a quality brand name like Smeg I was expecting years of trouble free cooking, disappointing!

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Mike
Mike

Thanks Steve, good to see Smeg standing behind their name, fixed and working again.

Michael2323CANBERRA

Cannot recommend Smeg at all. This is the sad story of two different models.

trystan
trystan

Yikes thanks for the review i was thinking about buying a Smeg model like this one but now i definately wont!

Neecie

Wish I had read your review earlier, I've just ordered Smeg convection oven SC45MCNE2 + SC112N-8 wall oven +SIHP264S induction cooktop +PUM90X undermount range hood - I'm feeling apprehensive - will be installed late April.

Michael2323

Smeg, are you interested in addressing my sorry saga above? Your silence all this time has been somewhat deafening...

Marek

Marekasked

SA45MCX

I cannot open the door in new installed and connected microwave oven SA45MX2. Any suggestions?

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Marek, thank you for your enquiry. Would it be possible that you have accidentally pressed the child lock function? Do you have an instruction booklet? If so, please refer to 7.6.3 the section that relates to the child safety lock out function, but please, do not hesitate to contact us direct on 02 8667 4833 and we will assist you over the telephone. Regards SMEG AUSTRALIA

Barry

Barryasked

SA45MCX2

Hi the function control knob has fallen off our oven and the rod supporting the knob has fallen internally. Is there a way to remove the display panel and retrieve the rod so that the knob can be fixed? Thanks.

Smeg

Hi Barry you will need a technician to replace the switch please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833 and arrange a service call.
Thanks Chris

Jasonasked

SA45MCX2

I'm considering buying this product, but I came across these two issues. did either Michael2323 or Rebekahs get any satisfaction? i get things go wrong, but if they stayed wrong, or if the Smeg official never responded, then it's obviously a deal-breaker for me.
If Michael or Rebekah do not respond, could a Smeg official please address this? Obviously you are monitoring these review sites.
Thanks!

Michael2323

Nope, Smeg never did get back to me - not through this forum nor through me using their direct email address. Absolutely hopeless and useless, is my conclusion!

Jason

Thanks very much. Still no response from Smeg (who clearly at least used to monitor this) so... I'll consider other options I guess. Cheers!

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives