Smeg SAM34CXI

2.6
Hayden L.
Hayden L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Woeful

Purchased in October 2020 at Smeg Australia for $400.00.

Disapointed

I purchased the sam34cxi for the functions and found that the griller only operates at low temperatures so ends up being an oven. To test the function after not having grilled effectively it took 10 minutes to brown a piece of bread ...

Purchased in November 2020 at Winning Appliances NSW, Crows Nest.

Other Microwaves

DonnaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointed

Bought this Microwave/convection oven after having a different brand for 18 years. Very happy with the microwave function but not impressed with the convection/combi. Everything I have tried has taken much longer than it should and sometimes does not brown. Only goes to 200C (old one did to 220C). Also the instruction Booklet is very basic. Combi cooking just says turn to C1, C2 C3 or C4 but not what that means or which food it suits. I am very disappointed in this and would not recommend to anyone who like myself uses the convection function regularly.

Purchased in April 2020 at Winning Appliances for $562.00.

Microwaves

Find out how Smeg SAM34CXI compares to other Microwaves

chris_THOMPSON
chris_THOMPSONSydney

Rolls Royce Of Microwaves!!!!!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Disappointed

I have just purchased this Convection/Microwave Griller. This is my fourth Convection M/wave and I am really disappointed. The convection is terrible. It takes twice as long to cook than any other brand I have had. It only heats up to 200 degrees and doesn’t have a metal turntable so I don’t know if this is why. A jacket potato was still hard after 90mins!!!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Steve C.Smeg
Vicki

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

GaryGasked

Our 3 and a half year old Smeg SAM34CXI microwave oven stopped heating with an error 5 displayed. The warranty was for 2 years. This is disappointing since our previous microwaves from Sharp and Panasonic lasted about 15 years each. We were happy with it up to this point.

Lesley R.Smeg

Thank you GaryG for reaching out in regards to your microwave. It is indeed unfortunate that you have experienced this problem. Have you contacted us to discuss this matter? Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please include your full name, address and contact telephone number. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

GaryG

Our thanks goes to Smeg for repairing the microwave free of charge as a goodwill gesture.

Lesley R.Smeg

Thank you GaryG for your feedback in regards to this matter. We love having an opportunity to make things right. Please do not hesitate to reach out should you need us again at the same email we provided above. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Sharon
Sharonasked

I have just purchased a Smeg sam34xi inverter with grill. Is it normal for condensation to build up between the panes of glass?

JoyCasked

We have recently purchased a Smeg SAM34CXI and so far I have not been able to cook anything properly using the convection option. Even on 200 it does not cook properly. We have owned a Smeg convection microwave in the past and had no difficulties (which is why we have purchased another one). I rang Smeg but didn't receive much assistance. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong......

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear JoyC,
Sorry to hear about the issue with your microwave. Could you please email service@smeg.com.au with your name, address and best contact number. Please mark the email to the attention of Lesley. Once she has this information, she will be in direct contact with you.
Regards

JoyC

Thank you for that. Actually I contacted Smeg again and was told to return the oven to the place of purchase. I have done this and a replacement is on its way! Thank you for responding though. Regards Joy

Donna

Hi JoyC, how did the new oven go? I am having the same issues with my oven. Donna.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryMicrowaves