No Light Inside with the new model

I had the Smeg STH903 for about 10 years absolutely loved it! when it broke down I've purchased it again but I was a bid disappointed because the new model it dose not have a light inside the machine when your open the door also I find the dishes stay wet a little at the end of the cycle.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

10 years old and almost trouble free

Washes well with only occasional piece of debris. Everything dry without need for rinse aid. Very quite. Love it’s convenient work level. Thought we have broken door hinges but just the door spring needs replacing. Spring cost $22. My labour time about 2 hours. Despite high price, would buy one again.

Date PurchasedMar 2007

Not Happy!

Its two months old and BROKE already, i don't have kids and I'm very careful with my things. It doesn't dry anything be prepared to get the towel ready, it's very quiet yes, it's broke! My favourite feature would be for it to WORK after paying out nearly 550 quid! WON BE BUYING ANY SMEG AGAIN EVER!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Dear Lesley, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Great when it's new, poor reliability

This dishwasher was fantastic when it was new but after around 4 years old started falling apart. Spindles inside disintegrated and guess what, they don't stock parts for it anymore! We had to repair it ourselves using a heat gun to melt the spindle back together. Now at 6 years old the door leaks, front panel has fallen off and we need to replace it completely. Given the high end price I think these are crap and won't be touching this brand again due to no customer support.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011
Dear Andy, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenAfter receiving this message from Steve , I contacted him and he arranged for a local repair service to come and have a look . The parts were available and the unit has been repaired and functioning perfectly. Thanks steve for your help .

Love this dishwasher. I have a family of 6 and I can fit just about anything in it! It is so well designed, I can re-arrange it to fit whatever I need to wash. I wash all my saucepans in it with the rest of the dishes and they come out sparkling.
I bought it for half the RRP at grays online. Have had it for about 4 months now. Would never go back to conventional shape!
Fits in more than a conventional shaped dishwasher.
A typical daily wash for me is 1 large frying pan (29cm diameter), 1 large saucepan, 6 dinner plates, 6 bowls, 6 bread and butter plates, medium sized microwave proof dish, 15 large glasses, cutlery and cooking utensils.
Can fit 12 dinner plates as well as the large frying pan and large saucepan bacause the handles go over the glasses and not the dinner plates.
I even wash my huge stock pot in it (29 cm diameter x 24 cm high)
Can wash 90cm oven racks.
Gentle enough to wash cake mixing bowls without melting them.
Don't have to bend down to pack / unpack.
Shape of handle on rack means that there are a couple of spots where you can only fit a short glass instead of a tall glass.
I read a different smeg dishwasher review where they said that the dishwasher did not 100% dry. This is only the case if you don't put rinse aid in it. With rinse aid, they are completely dry and clean. There is a light to tell you if you run out of rinse aid.

The service from Smeg is [censored word removed]. The dishes in the back always have [censored word removed] on the back of them. It does fit alot in but I won't be getting another one in the next house

I have an older STH 905 which is fantastic. However I have had to have the door hinges replaced and the service agent estimated a couple of hours for teh work but charged me 12.5 hours. Is this reasonable?
I know it’s a 2 person job to pull the machine out but even if it’s 2 people 6 hrs each sounds excessiveHi Susan V the job should have been done within 2 hours.

CategoryBuilt-in Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $3,550
FeaturesEco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Self Cleaning and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 12