Smeg TRA4110BL / TRA4110P

Smeg TRA4110BL / TRA4110P

TRA4110BL (Black) and TRA4110P (Panna)

Not Very happy

I bought this oven and it been in my house for 3 months now i can't use it smells bad every time i turn it on and one side of the oven doesn't turn on such a shame as it is such i good looking oven.

Purchased in March 2019.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Rarely
Hi Montana - thank you for your review, have you contacted us to discuss this matter? If not can you kindly email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number and once we receive this information we will contact you direct to discuss this further- our email address is service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley - kind regards Smeg Australia

Looks Great, Cost an arm and a leg, Terrible purchase, what a rip off!

No problems with the stove top part of this oven however the other problems started pretty much from day one:
The light in the left hand oven never worked, called Smeg and they said they check the bulb (which isn't covered under warranty) to be honest I never bothered even checking the bulb as that oven only gets occasional use. It was just disappointing the have this not working from the get go. More importantly parts of the display of the clock stopped working within the first two years, at first it wasn't too bad and clock still functioned properly (as far as controlling the right hand oven) however this got worse to the point where when the power went out recently we were unable to set the oven onto manual mode. The only way to use the oven is to set an auto turn off time (say for 60 minutes which allows 60 minutes of oven use). It's unacceptable in an oven at this price point or any oven for that matter to have an integral part of it's functioning stop working with less than 5 years of use. Also within the first two years the seal on the right hand oven ripped.
For some reason condensation builds up inside the oven (when it is being used) and when opening and closing the door liquid drips down into the storage draw and makes it's way onto the floor, This problem was from day one and has nothing to do with the ripped seal, I have never seen this problem on any oven before. Again unacceptable for any oven!
I have taken a back seat with this oven and it's issues as it was my partners decision to waste our money on this thing, so having roasting juices leaking onto the floor and through the drawer is a good reminder for her about what a bad decision this was. However with the recent power cut we had leaving us unable to use the right oven properly (see clock issue above) I have decided to act and i will be contacting you Steve (national service manager for Smeg) right away to try and get a resolution on this.

My partner was wooed by this ovens appearance (and everyone comments when they first see our kitchen) but i couldn't wish we had made a more sensible decision any more. We payed $6900 (with $1090 of discount) for this Garbage!!! A much better oven could have been had for less than $4000.

Follow up- Emailed Steve from Smeg, received a call the next day to book a technician to come and replace my faulty clock free of charge, technician arrived on time and replaced clock. my 2 stars for the oven stands however the service i received in resolving this issue was excellent.

Purchased in November 2013 at Harvey Norman for $6,900.00.

Product is used: Daily

Free Standing Cooker clock never worked!!

Fell madly in love with the shiny black free standing oven. Looks great and when it works, it's super. Thing is is that the clock has always been dicky and thus the right hand oven never really been used, and now after 4yrs the left hand oven has packed in. Out of warranty I know but to find out that the clock will cost over $400 and the part for the left hand oven an additional $100 + is a real kick in the guts. This was a top of the range oven being over $6000 and to have to spend all this additional money is ludicrous. For a clock!!! I am now regretting being wooed by it's great looks and I'm deeply, deeply disappointed!! Apologies if I'm on the wrong 'product' forum :(

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Dear JdDj, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and telephone contact details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen