Smeg Cooker Victoria TRA4110BL / TRA4110P

TRA4110BL (Black), TRA4110P (Panna)
See the Best Freestanding Ovens in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Smeg

1.3
  • Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed
Dr. Steve BPerth, WA

Continuing disappointment

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $6,900.00.

Rodney M.Smeg

Not Very happy

I bought this oven and it been in my house for 3 months now i can't use it smells bad every time i turn it on and one side of the oven doesn't turn on such a shame as it is such i good looking oven.

Purchased in March 2019.

Lesley R.Smeg
Gareth
GarethMelbourne

Looks Great, Cost an arm and a leg, Terrible purchase, what a rip off!

Purchased in November 2013 at Harvey Norman for $6,900.00.

Free Standing Cooker clock never worked!!

Fell madly in love with the shiny black free standing oven. Looks great and when it works, it's super. Thing is is that the clock has always been dicky and thus the right hand oven never really been used, and now after 4yrs the left hand oven has packed in. Out of warranty I know but to find out that the clock will cost over $400 and the part for the left hand oven an additional $100 + is a real kick in the guts. This was a top of the range oven being over $6000 and to have to spend all this additional money is ludicrous. For a clock!!! I am now regretting being wooed by it's great looks and I'm deeply, deeply disappointed!! Apologies if I'm on the wrong 'product' forum :(

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Steve C.Smeg
Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Smeg Cooker Victoria TRA4110BL / TRA4110P compares to other Freestanding Ovens

Kathleen R
Kathleen Rasked
TRA4110P (Panna)

Bought this oven for our new home (gas cooktop and electric ovens) and I have been so disappointed with it. I am a pretty good cook and have made some amazing dishes in my old oven but this one seems to run too hot and has a tendency to burn if you don’t watch it carefully. This Christmas I cooked my cake that I make every year and after turning the temp down to 125 instead of 160 it was overcooked in under 2hrs and it should have taken 2.5 to 3 hrs. If I hadn’t paid $6500 I would pull it out and buy another brand. Its also disappointing that there are no markers for the in between temps for the ovens.

AnnS
AnnSasked
Cooker Victoria TRA4110BL / TRA4110P

I need to replace the oven seal for the auxiliary oven/griller and can’t find the part. Also had the same issue others have written about with the clock on the oven. Stopped working after 2 years and cost to repair ridiculous.

Dr. Steve B

The cost of a replacement clock is ludicrous and a difficult repair given the design, the Smeg representative said that they all do that because the Australian power system fluctuates so much ... I was in the IEEE for nearly 20 years and that comment is absolutely incorrect. I suspect that the problem is moisture build-up - if it was power fluctuations the thing would not work at all ... Our grill seal is saggy and needs replacing ... I complained publicly about the rust problem and they replaced all the doors at the front of the cooker ... here's the email of the people who have supplied parts to me in Perth geoff@maswa.com.au - I was told never to use spray and wipe on the enamel .... it is impossible to keep clean with hot water only, especially if you actually cook food (as opposed to reheating stuff). Overall I would say that I am disappointed in the cooker, it looks the part but the build quality is average and the design could be much improved e.g. being able to turn half the grill to save energy. We have an old wood burning Stanley Stove and the enamel on that is much better quality than our Smeg cooker - it is rust free too :) I think that AEG are a better brand but I would do a lot more research before committing to buy.

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear AnnS,
To help assist you with the correct part you need, please email spareparts@smeg.com.au with the model of your cooker.
Regards
Smeg

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Compare both Smeg Cooker Victoria TRA4110BL / TRA4110P
Max Temperature260 °C260 °C
Cooktop TypeElectricElectric
Number of Burners/Zones 55
Wok Burner YesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackCream