Smeg TSF01

• Even Toasting Yes (9) · No (14)

Disappointed

beautiful toaster. I have several smells appliances. I almost bought the refrigerator but since my toaster ONLY toast ONE side, like other reviews, I bought a BIG CHILL instead. I use regular bread, not bagels. Never used the defrost. How is this possible to have so many people saying g the same thing about the toaster?

Purchased in February 2018 for A$139.00.

Dear Kathleen g.,
Could you please email diamondservice@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number? Once they have this information, they will be in direct contact with you.
Regards
Smeg

Terrible- Broke after a year of light use and NO one will help!

My 4 Slice White Toaster Lever will not stay down. I got it 13 months ago got my birthday. It has such light use since I RARELY make toast! It was more of a counter accessory. It’s practically brand new! I called customer service and they will not do anything since I don’t have my receipt from a year ago (plus it was a gift).

I will never buy smeg again! I heard they did not stand by their products and I should have listened!!!

Purchased in June 2019 at Williams-Sonoma for A$249.00.

Exceptional Customer Service

Very happy with the quality of my Smeg Appliances. I have a toaster and a kettle. When I had an issue they responded promptly and provided me with Exceptional Customer Service

Purchased in August 2019.

Lesley R.Smeg

Thank you for your feedback Guy. We appreciate it when customer's give us the opportunity to make things right. In the meantime, if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to reach out. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Krasi K.

Krasi K.Mid North Coast, NSW

Disappointed

I’ve got red kettle and a matching red Smeg toaster. They were gifted to me by my mother in law. I love the stile and until now very happy with how they work.
I have been using them for over year and a half. The toaster stop toasting on the inside panels. I’m very disappointed as I was very excited to have famous brand appliances in my kitchen.

AmyM

AmyMMelbourne

Amazing customer service!

Toaster has been good, however 3 years in I have had an issue, but the customer service has been amazing and a new toaster is on its way! Amazing customer service.

Purchased at David Jones for A$200.00.

Great service Smeg Australia

We had problems with our toaster tripping the safety switch. Sent email to Smeg Australia early last week. They requested more information including compliance plate information.
New toaster arrived today. Thanks

Purchased in July 2019.

JulianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing service

Hi
We purchased a Smeg toaster a few years and it is suddenly stopped toasting on one side. Based on the comments here, I contacted Smeg. They are replacing it without question.
Amazing!!

Purchased in September 2015 at Myer for A$200.00.

One sided cooking

And I see I am not along with my one sided toasting toaster. Had it for about 18 months and just started cooking one side. Also the crumb tray captures about 50% of the crumbs, the rest are in my cupboard. So much for quality.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bing Lee for A$190.00.

Judy Q.

Judy Q.Illawarra, NSW

Is there something missing ?

Was given this as a Xmas present, seems to be no crumb tray?, crumbs keep pouring out all over the bench, very time consuming cleaning up every time you use it, not what I would have expected from a Smeg product

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer Retail Stores.

Very disappointed

I purchased the two slice toaster on Amazon and while I love the way it look and it toasted quickly, the lever would not remain in the down position to toast after about 18 months use. This was a $160 dollar toaster and didn’t last two years? I see it as a test for I was going to put Smeg appliances in my next hour, but that’s not going to happen.

Purchased in June 2018 at Amazon.

Lesley R.Smeg

Stopped working in just few months of use. Electric failure

I have a 4 slice toaster that has tripped the electrics a few times, the most recent then resulting in not working at all.

I bought it 15 months ago but was storaged for several months until we moved to our new place so, it is being used for just few months :( before failing.

I had a Kmart one before that stand for longer than 7 years and was just $15

Nicole

Nicole

A toaster should toast!

Ive always wanted a Smeg toaster so when our $30 Kmart one stopped working I was happy to fork out the money for a Smeg in my new kitchen. It only toasted one side of the bread from the beginning so I returned it for a new one. New one just arrived, same problem so Ill be getting a refund and going back to Kmart! So disappointing!

Purchased in December 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for A$165.00.

Disappointed

After reading the reviews I thought I should also comment stating I am experiencing the same problems as many written here.
I have a 4 slice toaster that has tripped the electrics a few times, the most recent then resulting in it only toasting on 1 side in both slots.
We are a family of 5 and the toaster is used a lot!!
We previously had a Dualit toaster and this lasted for many years.
Disappointed!

Didn't last 6 months

Loved the look of Smeg products and finally bought the toaster in November 2018. Used only for toast and only occasionally, as in maybe once a week, for a maximum of 4 pieces. By May 2019 it no longer lowered bread. The know is permanently stuck in the up position.What a waste of $199.99. Good bye Smeg!

Purchased in November 2018 for A$199.99.

Sad Kas

Sad KasSydney, NSW

One sided toast only!

Wish I had read the reviews of this toaster before I purchased! Our toaster is about 6 months old and we have never been able to get it to toast both sides of the toast (at once)! I do not have the bagel button pressed and thought it must be a European thing, but really when you pay a substantial amount, you expect it to work. Have contacted Smeg so I hope I get satisfaction as I have already purchased the matching kettle. What a shame.

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$159.00.

Steve2005

Steve2005

Disappointed

Such a beautiful toaster and for the price you’d expect great quality. Like many other reviews I’ve seen ours stopped roasting both sides of the bread shortly after warranty period ended. We now have to turn the roast round every time which is a annoying. Will replace with another brand at some point

Purchased in March 2016 for A$199.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

great toaster but why is power cord at front not rear ?

great toaster works great but who was the stupid person who put the power lead in front instead of back
so to see the controls my cord is so short to reach out from wall

Purchased in March 2019 for A$199.99.

Even ToastingYes

Toaster won't stay down t

We have had 2 smug toasters in 2 years our second is black one they won't stay down we are sick of them my wife said I was pressing down to hard with the first one so the new one I have been gentle with after 10 mth 4 piece of toast a day. It's gone the same as the first one. They crap I have had enough I don't no who reads this this mark hofmaier 0428954218

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Angie

AngieSydney, NSW

Absolutely gorgeous

Value adding for my property. I have had it for 5 months now and i am still in love. The red is so nice, i adore smeg. I like the surface looks very classy.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for A$150.00.

Bill W

Bill WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Repair service fantastic

Brilliant same day attention from the service team attending to a minor technical repair under warranty. These toasters are great quality and stylish Thanks SMEG service team. bill w adelaide

Purchased in February 2019.

michelleasked

TSF01

I have tried calling and been on hold 45 min each time.
I have now emailed is there better way to contact you regarding a faulty toaster.

Guy

write your issue on here and they should reply

michelle

I have been contacted and given another email address hopefully that works

I have a Smeg Toaster TSF02PB light blue.

Purchased at Myer on the 23rd December 2018.

On your Web site it says warranty on toasters is 2 years.

The toaster is setting off the safety switch and before it does it throws a blue light from inside the toaster .

I have tried different power points and also a different house and the same happens.

Receipt number 72092136

Model TSF02BAU SI 00

Full S/N 1 953141 80503 0188 51 11

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Michelle. Thank you for your information, It was a Public Holiday in NSW yesterday. Can you please email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number ( we would prefer that you dont post your details here as it is a Public forum ) Our email is diamondservice@smeg.com.au Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Simara

Simaraasked

TSF01

Does this toaster cook one slice at a time or must it be two ?

Dear Simara,
Yes, you can certainly toast one slice of bread at a time.
Regards

ellaasked

TSF01RDAU (Red)

I have the above red toaster - hardly used and the middle section of the toaster does not work so toasts one side of the bread only. I received this toaster as a gift and it still looks brand new.

Julian

Hi Ella, I had the same problem. I contacted SMEG and included a pic of the serial number. They were amazing!! Sent me a replacement! My toaster was about 3-4 years old and not used that often. email is info@smeg.com.au

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Ella, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

ella

Great customer service from SMEG - I received a brand new replacement toaster last week which was a wonderful surprise.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Compare all 8 Smeg TSF01