Didn't last 6 months

Loved the look of Smeg products and finally bought the toaster in November 2018. Used only for toast and only occasionally, as in maybe once a week, for a maximum of 4 pieces. By May 2019 it no longer lowered bread. The know is permanently stuck in the up position.What a waste of $199.99. Good bye Smeg!

Purchased in November 2018 for $199.99.

Even Toasting Yes
Hi Lisa R - have you contacted us to discuss this information? We would love to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you and make things right! Can you please email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number along with a picture of the toaster and a picture of the base showing the serial number on it - once we have this information we will contact you direct to discuss this matter further. Our email address is Service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind regards Smeg Australia

One sided toast only!

Wish I had read the reviews of this toaster before I purchased! Our toaster is about 6 months old and we have never been able to get it to toast both sides of the toast (at once)! I do not have the bagel button pressed and thought it must be a European thing, but really when you pay a substantial amount, you expect it to work. Have contacted Smeg so I hope I get satisfaction as I have already purchased the matching kettle. What a shame.

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $159.00.

Disappointed

Such a beautiful toaster and for the price you’d expect great quality. Like many other reviews I’ve seen ours stopped roasting both sides of the bread shortly after warranty period ended. We now have to turn the roast round every time which is a annoying. Will replace with another brand at some point

Purchased in March 2016 for $199.00.

Even Toasting No
Hi Disappointed ! thank you for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss this? We would love to have the opportunity to assist you - can you kindly check that the bagel function on your toaster has not been accidentally pressed? The bagel button is near the stop button and will be lit up if it has been pressed. ( refer to page 7 of your instruction booklet ) If not, please email us with your full name, address and contact phone number along with a picture of the toaster and the base of the toaster showing the serial number on it . Once we have this, we will be in direct contact to discuss this matter with us. Our email address is: service@smeg.com.au - please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

great toaster but why is power cord at front not rear ?

great toaster works great but who was the stupid person who put the power lead in front instead of back
so to see the controls my cord is so short to reach out from wall

Purchased in March 2019 for $199.99.

Even Toasting Yes

Toaster won't stay down t

We have had 2 smug toasters in 2 years our second is black one they won't stay down we are sick of them my wife said I was pressing down to hard with the first one so the new one I have been gentle with after 10 mth 4 piece of toast a day. It's gone the same as the first one. They crap I have had enough I don't no who reads this this mark hofmaier 0428954218

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Absolutely gorgeous

Value adding for my property. I have had it for 5 months now and i am still in love. The red is so nice, i adore smeg. I like the surface looks very classy.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $150.00.

Repair service fantastic

Brilliant same day attention from the service team attending to a minor technical repair under warranty. These toasters are great quality and stylish Thanks SMEG service team. bill w adelaide

Purchased in February 2019.

Disappointing twice over

My first Smeg toaster only lasted fourteen months. I replaced it because I have the matching kettle. My second one has now failed after 13 months. They are expensive toasters. This is very disappointing.

Purchased in March 2018 for $199.00.

Dear Brend, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenDear Steve Thank you for your email. I have returned the item to the store I bought it from. They have refunded me the money and have, obviously kept the toaster. I have purchased a different brand toaster as I no longer trust Smeg. Unfortunately I had the matching kettle to the toaster and have had to replace that too so that I can have a matching set on my bench top. Regards, Brenda Miles

Same problem as previous review

I paid 139.99 for this toaster for our new kitchen in October 2016 - the kitchen wasn't even finished until late November and since then it has maybe been used max few times a week. The toaster also shorted our electrics last week and is now now toasting correctly. I contacted Smeg to see if there were known problems - they offered replacement and now withdrawn it due to guarantee expired despite fact I told them in initial email. Very very disappointed with this as this was an expensive toaster and hardly value for money.

Purchased in October 2016 for $139.99.

Even Toasting No
Dear Linda, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

So disappointed :(

I am so deflated....After shorting my electrics my gorgeous pale blue 4 slice toaster has decided to only toast one side of my bread! but the worst thing is it is only 2 months out of warranty so I will have to purchase a new toaster if i want my bread cooked on both sides!

Its such shame that its build quality doesn't live up to its looks. disappointing SMEG

Purchased in December 2017.

Even Toasting No
Hi so disappointed - Have you contacted us in regard to this matter? we would love to have to opportunity to look after you. Our email address is steve.cullen@smeg.com.au - please include your full name, address and a contact telephone number, also if you could kindly include a photo of the toaster along with a photo of the base that shows the serial number on it that would be appreciated. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Questionable reliability but wonderful service from Smeg

Bought the chrome toaster and a kettle at the same time. Wanted a quiet boil kettle which it did for a while but slowly got noisier and noisier. The toaster stopped toasting evenly after a few months and now about 2.5 yrs later it toasts one side only. Update: on contacting Smeg they offered to replace the entire unit, which I consider marvellous especially after having had 2.5 years usage out of it. Hopefully the replacement will last the term. Many thanks to the service team at Smeg.

Purchased in August 2016 at David Jones Retail Stores.

I’m soooo disappointed my toaster broke 2 weeks after it’s warrnty expired

I have the smeg 4 slice toaster, kettle, cake mixer, hand mixer and blender!!!! I love the retro look hence why I’ve accumulated almost all of the kitchen appliances! All work perfectly fine apart from my toaster which has stopped working on 1 side! It’s not used that often and 2 weeks over its warranty meaning I have to either buy another one or have a odd toaster!!!! So disappointed as I’ve spent a fortune collecting everything! I was actually going to buy the coffee machine this week until my toaster broke and I’m feeling let down by smeg!!

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $170.00.

Even Toasting No
Hi Oregan thanks for your review- have you contacted us to discuss this matter? My name is Lesley and I would like to assist you with this matter can you pleas email me direct with your full name address and contact telephone number along with a picture of the appliance and the bottom of the appliance that shows the serial number on it- when I receive this information I will be in direct contact with you to discuss this further my email address is Lesley.ryder@smeg.com.au I await your email kind regards Lesley

2 years old and broken

Was very happy with the toaster until all of a sudden after 2 year, when I pull the lever down it doesn’t click into place and commence toasting. Completely unable to use.

Purchased in May 2017.

Hi Remi G - thanks for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss this matter? If not, can you please email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Also, if you could kindly include a photo of the toaster and also include a picture of the base of the toaster which has the serial number on it that would be a great help. You can email us at: retailsales@smeg.com.au and we will be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Electrical Fault with Toaster

When I insert the Bread into the Toaster, I press the leaver down, then the Electrical circuit-breaker trips-out at the Main Switch-Board.
Re-set the CB, tried another GPO and the same problem!!
Before, I advise/go to consumer protection with this Electrical problem, I wish to give the opportunity to respond.

Regards

Steve Agnew

Purchased in October 2017 at Myer Retail Stores.

Even Toasting No
Hi Steve - thanks for your query. In order for us to assist you can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. If possible, cam you also include a picture of the toaster and the base of the toaster that shows the serial number on it. Once we have this information we will be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. My email address is : lesley.ryder@smeg.com.au I await your email . Regards Lesley

My son was Zapped! And now I am too scared to use it

I love the SMEG range , I have the kettle and was planning on completing my kitchen in SMEG appliances as they look fantastic ? A few mornings ago my son was popping his toast down and a green spark flew out from the bottom. I am so scared to try and see if it’s still working

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Dear Kath, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Broken toaster

Love the toaster but unfortunately the lever won’t go down I have given it a full clean still not working I have kettle to match gutted now only has it just 4 days over a year.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dear Dawn, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenI managed to fix the problem myself now thank you for the offer though

Dont bother with this toaster.

Unfortunately i have the same problem as everyone else. First toaster didn't toast evenly on both sides. Crumbs would fall out from crumb tray. I noticed elements don't all light up. Myers replaced it for me and second toaster is exactly the same. I'm going back to replace with another brand unfortunately. Its such a nice looking toaster except its not as good quality as smeg is meant to be.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

... don't buy! a $200 toaster with a life just over its short 12 month warranty

we paid for the matching kettle/toaster combo
$400 for both from HN , kettle is fine but toaster started
playing up several months ago. One side was 70% toasted
the other side burnt and happened in both slots. Persevered
... should not have bothered

Last week took out the crumb tray to empty it (not much as toaster
not used each day) .. plugged it back in and nothing!
Dead toaster, not impressed ! Especially as we gave away our old
5yo toaster and kettle when we bought these

ps.... my previous review disappeared, hmmm

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Dear Les, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen.... done !

Lasted 6 months.... utter crap!!!

Sadly I bought this toaster to match the fridge and kettle. All at different times from different people.
The receipt for the toaster has went missing and I can’t get it to work at all!! No heat, no latch. No worky.... took it to a repair guy near me and he turned down my business.

Will not buy again as Smeg themselve wouldn’t help me diagnose the issue on the phone

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Blair. I am the National Service Manager for Smeg Australia and my name is Steve Cullen. Can you please email me your full name, address along with your contact telephone number. I will also need a photograph of the appliance along with a picture of underneath the appliance showing the serial number. I will then be in direct contact with you to discuss. My email is : Steve.cullen@smeg.com.au thank you STEVE

Great look terrible quality.

We are almost the exact same scenario as the previous review. Love the look of this toaster but sadly it now only toasts one side of the bread....the middle element no longer works probably about 6 months after purchase. We also bought it from David Jones a few years ago but unfortunately paid cash at the time & couldn’t find the receipt, thus our now sits on top of the overhead cupboards & we use the grill. At least the grill seems to be more reliable than most toasters these days. We also bought the matching kettle which still seems to working okay. Just disappointed as we’re not asking much, just toast.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Dear Matt, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

When the bread is in it only slightly works on the outer side nothing lights up in the middle of the toaster. Was working ok till it just stopped. You have to put setting on 4 for it to lightly brown one side of bread?
Mine was never right really. Smeg told me to return to where I bought it as it has a 24 month guarantee. I did this and the new one seems good. I used to toast on 2.5 or 3 to get any colour with the first one!

Does it toast the bread on both sides at once
Dear Annie. Yes, they do toast on both sides but as well, You can also use the feature that will toast one side of the bread (or Bagel) , without toasting the other side. During toasting the Bagel button will light up to indicate that the function has been activated. If you have any further queries, please give us a call - our number is 02 8667 4888. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.I have a SMEG Toaster - they don't last very long - just over 2 years & no longer working...paid $180.Dear Born to shop - Have you contacted us to discuss this? We would love to have the opportunity to assist you in regards to this matter, can you please email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. we will then discuss with you . Our email is Service@smeg.com.au - Kind Regards, Lesley

Is there an inherent problem with this toaster as the cooking on only one side doesnt must be in the design? Smeg is able to fix this issue. I bought this toaster only 6 months ago and now l have the same problem
Not sure Michael I posed the same question to them as they replaced my original with a new toaster which then also had the same problem only after a month. Both times it has shorted the circuit in our meter box. They’ve replaced it with another which has now been working for a few months. I believe there is a production issue as it is too coincidental but I’m not electronics expert. CheersHi Michael - thanks for your question. My name is Steve Cullen and I am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager for Smeg Australia - I wish to advise you that no there is not an issue with this toaster, however, can you please check that you have not accidentally pressed the bagel function? This feature will toast one side of the bagel or any other kind of bread, without toasting the other side. During toasting the Bagel button will light up to indicate that the function has been activated. You will see it lit up when you turn the toaster on. If this is not the case, can you please email me direct at: steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your full name, address and a picture of the toaster along with a picture of underneath the toaster which has the serial number on it. Once I have this information, I will be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. Kind Regards STEVE CULLEN.I have looked inside the toaster when it is on normal toasting and l noticed that not all elements light up. One side of the bread is burning while other side is half toasted.

Smeg TSF01BLAU (Black)Smeg TSF01CRAU (Cream)Smeg TSF01PBAU (Pale Blue)Smeg TSF01PGAU (Pastel Green)Smeg TSF01PKAU (Pink)Smeg TSF01RDAU (Red)Smeg TSF01SSAU (Chrome)Smeg TSF01WHAU (White)
CategoryToastersToastersToastersToastersToastersToastersToastersToasters