Smeg TSF01
See the Best Toasters in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Smeg

• Even Toasting Yes (12) · No (25)

AnnaSydney, NSW

Half toasting of bread

I fail to understand why SMEG have not ironed out a very common design fault ie. only one element works not two so toast is only done on one side. Two replacements later I've given up and accepting that my toast is only cooked on one side.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $229.

Anna

It's a general comment - have you recorded how many reports of the same problem occurring ie. only one side of the element working?

Marg
MargFar North Queensland, QLD

Element Gone

Whilst toasting on the double toaster it blew and the house fuse went. Now the middle element does not work. Is it safe to use as it now only toasts one side of the bread. What will I do as it is a fairly new toaster and we love our SMEG kettle.

Thank you so much to Smeg for their almost immediate reply. Within 24 hours of email communication, Smeg has now offered a replacement toaster. This service and follow up was outstanding. Simply the best experience in recall of a faulty product.

Even Toasting No
Bronnie J.South East Queensland, QLD

stuck on bagel setting from the outset

Beautiful SMEG 4 slice toaster rec'd as gift. Unfortunately the bagel setting is stuck on ( even tho the bagel light isn't on) and toasts only on one side. so very disappointing. so has just sat in cupboard other than to be quoted more to try to fix than to buy another, which i would never do. Now out of warranty. The kettle is fabulous, as was my previous 2 slice SMEG toaster, but this experience turns me off ever buying another SMEG product ever again. shame as I used to love their products. Would def not recc.

Bronnie J.

I have emailed you thanks

Dia
Dia

Quality isn't as great as its look.

Bought Smeg Toaster for last year and suddenly just stopped working. Happy to spent extra with the expectation that products will last long, but unfortunately not. However, Great thing about Smeg is their customer service. My faulty toaster and kettle has been replaced and they are pretty fast in responding emails. Hopefully they last longer. Not sure if the warranty will be renewed for the replacement items.

Overall happy with the service.

Purchased in for $210.

ConcernedUser
ConcernedUserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nice too look at but not good at toasting

Purchased because of the look and thought smeg was a reputable brand. This is the 2nd toaster and toasts on one side only and currently on level 6.
Very disappointed. Kettle is great.

Purchased in at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store.

Original and replacement both Tripped power at two houses.

No need for a subjective opinion here.,, best looking toaster to have sitting on your bench., so excited to get y first or., after 3 months,, tripped the house fuse. Harvey Norman replaced with no issues and said hadn’t had that problem., s next beautiful toaster sitting on the bench of our now new house.,, stunning.,, 8 weeks later.,, tripped the fuse again it will go back to Harvey Norman tomorrow and unfortunately the good old sunbeam will go back on the bench., soooooooo disappointing

Honest BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Superb prompt exceptional customer service from Smeg

Our much-loved Smeg toaster died out of warranty but Karen from Smeg Australia kindly replaced it as a goodwill gesture even though we expected nothing. She was very helpful, kind and understanding. Clearly Smeg cares about their customers. Thank you Smeg!

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $219.

Lesley R.SmegSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stopped working after 1 day !

Lesley R.SmegSend a private message

Thank you David - We were just reaching out to you to see if we could organise a changeover and have an opportunity to assist you. If you wish to return to your retailer and if that is easier for you, please do so. Thank you Smeg Australia

Essexgirl211 Sydney, NSW

Expensive Useless Product

Toaster blows all the fuses in the house whenever it’s used. Contacted Smeg who said they’d refund but then changed their minds! Shocking service and waste of lots of money!

Purchased in for $300.

Lesley R.SmegSend a private message

Hi Essexgirl I would like to have an opportunity to investigate this matter and assist you further, please feel feee to email me in regards to this matter as well as in regards to your kettle. Regards Lesley from Smeg Australia

Mel
MelHunter Region, NSW

Worst toaster ever!!

This is honestly the worst toaster I have ever bought. It cooks toast slowly & unevenly & the toast actually pops out onto the bench & behind the toaster once cooked. Within a couple of months the lowering levers warped on one side. Basically you are paying top dollar for the look & that's it. Please don't waste your money. I would never buy a Smeg product ever again.

Lynn
LynnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst toaster ever

This toaster would have to be the worst toaster I have ever owned. The quality is poor, and does not cook the toast evenly. I use many varieties of breads plus crumpets and muffins. because of the poor quality the lever sticks on one side. I then have to push it down with wooden tongs.
Smeg-Australia was provided with the proof of receipt in April 2020 still waiting

Purchased in at Present Box.

Steve C.SmegSend a private message
Mark
MarkSydney, NSW

Died after 12 months and their Diamond Service Team failed us

Purchased 10 November 2019. Used approximately 1 or 2 times p/week. Never toasted properly on both sides. Today if shorted out and won't turn on. Fortunately have receipt and will be returning today for a different model. Like many other people's thoughts, this toaster is useless. Update - 10 weeks after promising a replacement, changing dates, & saying a manager would call us, which did not happen, I complained again. Received a 1 line response - "Dear Mark, You can return the toaster to the store for a full refund." Told them their service was atrocious and they should have offered me a refund day 1, not a replacement. They told me they pride themselves on their good service (lol). Never again Smeg.

Purchased in at Bing Lee Online store for $179.

Ishani
IshaniMelbourne

Second one in less than a year and the heating filaments are gone again!

This is my second SMEG toaster, I’ve been unlucky with the heating elements in both. They become faulty and do not all heat up leaving one side of my toast uncooked. Surely this can’t happen with 2 of their toasters back to back in less than a year??? Very disappointed. Reading more reviews now confirms to me that these appliances are not very good.

D B
D BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3rd toaster in 3 years due to electrical issues and the 3rd has just failed!

I am currently on my 3rd toaster in 3 years. The previous toasters all tripped the house safety switches within a year of having them. The 3rd toaster has just shorted tonight. (3 different houses within that time so it’s not the house, or the plug socket). Clearly a very serious electrical issue with this product. This is very disappointing and I am concerned about the safety of this appliance. We are not heavy users, it’s just the 2 of us. We might use the toaster every 2nd or 3rd day. I’ve sent an email so we’ll see what they come back with.

Anne
AnneSydney, NSW

Disappointed again.

Smeg did replace my non functioning toaster , but now the replacement will not stay down to allow the toaster to turn on.
It is not frequently used , and when I have used it, just used standard slices of bread only. and really shouldn’t malfunction within a short time frame. I do have the kettle and coffee machine and have had no problems with them .