Smeg TSF01

Nicole

Nicole

A toaster should toast!

Ive always wanted a Smeg toaster so when our $30 Kmart one stopped working I was happy to fork out the money for a Smeg in my new kitchen. It only toasted one side of the bread from the beginning so I returned it for a new one. New one just arrived, same problem so Ill be getting a refund and going back to Kmart! So disappointing!

Purchased in December 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $165.00.

Disappointed

After reading the reviews I thought I should also comment stating I am experiencing the same problems as many written here.
I have a 4 slice toaster that has tripped the electrics a few times, the most recent then resulting in it only toasting on 1 side in both slots.
We are a family of 5 and the toaster is used a lot!!
We previously had a Dualit toaster and this lasted for many years.
Disappointed!

Rodney M.Smeg

Didn't last 6 months

Loved the look of Smeg products and finally bought the toaster in November 2018. Used only for toast and only occasionally, as in maybe once a week, for a maximum of 4 pieces. By May 2019 it no longer lowered bread. The know is permanently stuck in the up position.What a waste of $199.99. Good bye Smeg!

Purchased in November 2018 for $199.99.

Sad KasSydney, NSW

One sided toast only!

Wish I had read the reviews of this toaster before I purchased! Our toaster is about 6 months old and we have never been able to get it to toast both sides of the toast (at once)! I do not have the bagel button pressed and thought it must be a European thing, but really when you pay a substantial amount, you expect it to work. Have contacted Smeg so I hope I get satisfaction as I have already purchased the matching kettle. What a shame.

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $159.00.

Steve2005

Steve2005

Disappointed

Such a beautiful toaster and for the price you’d expect great quality. Like many other reviews I’ve seen ours stopped roasting both sides of the bread shortly after warranty period ended. We now have to turn the roast round every time which is a annoying. Will replace with another brand at some point

Purchased in March 2016 for $199.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

great toaster but why is power cord at front not rear ?

great toaster works great but who was the stupid person who put the power lead in front instead of back
so to see the controls my cord is so short to reach out from wall

Purchased in March 2019 for $199.99.

Even Toasting Yes

Toaster won't stay down t

We have had 2 smug toasters in 2 years our second is black one they won't stay down we are sick of them my wife said I was pressing down to hard with the first one so the new one I have been gentle with after 10 mth 4 piece of toast a day. It's gone the same as the first one. They crap I have had enough I don't no who reads this this mark hofmaier 0428954218

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Angie

AngieSydney, NSW

Absolutely gorgeous

Value adding for my property. I have had it for 5 months now and i am still in love. The red is so nice, i adore smeg. I like the surface looks very classy.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $150.00.

Bill W

Bill WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Repair service fantastic

Brilliant same day attention from the service team attending to a minor technical repair under warranty. These toasters are great quality and stylish Thanks SMEG service team. bill w adelaide

Purchased in February 2019.

Brend MilesPerth, WA

Disappointing twice over

My first Smeg toaster only lasted fourteen months. I replaced it because I have the matching kettle. My second one has now failed after 13 months. They are expensive toasters. This is very disappointing.

Purchased in March 2018 for $199.00.

Brend Miles

Same problem as previous review

I paid 139.99 for this toaster for our new kitchen in October 2016 - the kitchen wasn't even finished until late November and since then it has maybe been used max few times a week. The toaster also shorted our electrics last week and is now now toasting correctly. I contacted Smeg to see if there were known problems - they offered replacement and now withdrawn it due to guarantee expired despite fact I told them in initial email. Very very disappointed with this as this was an expensive toaster and hardly value for money.

Purchased in October 2016 for $139.99.

So disappointed :(

I am so deflated....After shorting my electrics my gorgeous pale blue 4 slice toaster has decided to only toast one side of my bread! but the worst thing is it is only 2 months out of warranty so I will have to purchase a new toaster if i want my bread cooked on both sides!

Its such shame that its build quality doesn't live up to its looks. disappointing SMEG

Purchased in December 2017.

John H

John HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Questionable reliability but wonderful service from Smeg

Bought the chrome toaster and a kettle at the same time. Wanted a quiet boil kettle which it did for a while but slowly got noisier and noisier. The toaster stopped toasting evenly after a few months and now about 2.5 yrs later it toasts one side only. Update: on contacting Smeg they offered to replace the entire unit, which I consider marvellous especially after having had 2.5 years usage out of it. Hopefully the replacement will last the term. Many thanks to the service team at Smeg.

Purchased in August 2016 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Oregan

OreganSydney, NSW

I’m soooo disappointed my toaster broke 2 weeks after it’s warrnty expired

I have the smeg 4 slice toaster, kettle, cake mixer, hand mixer and blender!!!! I love the retro look hence why I’ve accumulated almost all of the kitchen appliances! All work perfectly fine apart from my toaster which has stopped working on 1 side! It’s not used that often and 2 weeks over its warranty meaning I have to either buy another one or have a odd toaster!!!! So disappointed as I’ve spent a fortune collecting everything! I was actually going to buy the coffee machine this week until my toaster broke and I’m feeling let down by smeg!!

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $170.00.

Remi G

Remi GSouth East Queensland, QLD

2 years old and broken

Was very happy with the toaster until all of a sudden after 2 year, when I pull the lever down it doesn’t click into place and commence toasting. Completely unable to use.

Purchased in May 2017.

Steve

StevePerth, WA

Electrical Fault with Toaster

When I insert the Bread into the Toaster, I press the leaver down, then the Electrical circuit-breaker trips-out at the Main Switch-Board.
Re-set the CB, tried another GPO and the same problem!!
Before, I advise/go to consumer protection with this Electrical problem, I wish to give the opportunity to respond.

Regards

Steve Agnew

Purchased in October 2017 at Myer Retail Stores.

Kath

KathLeura

My son was Zapped! And now I am too scared to use it

I love the SMEG range , I have the kettle and was planning on completing my kitchen in SMEG appliances as they look fantastic ? A few mornings ago my son was popping his toast down and a green spark flew out from the bottom. I am so scared to try and see if it’s still working

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Broken toaster

Love the toaster but unfortunately the lever won’t go down I have given it a full clean still not working I have kettle to match gutted now only has it just 4 days over a year.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dawn
Dawn

I managed to fix the problem myself now thank you for the offer though

Maria

Mariamelbourne

Dont bother with this toaster.

Unfortunately i have the same problem as everyone else. First toaster didn't toast evenly on both sides. Crumbs would fall out from crumb tray. I noticed elements don't all light up. Myers replaced it for me and second toaster is exactly the same. I'm going back to replace with another brand unfortunately. Its such a nice looking toaster except its not as good quality as smeg is meant to be.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

LesMelbourne

... don't buy! a $200 toaster with a life just over its short 12 month warranty

Date PurchasedDec 2016

.... done !

Richard r.asked

Why does my 2 slice smeg only toast the outside of bread very disappointed?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Richard R - Thanks for your question, however, Can you kindly check that the bagel function has not been selected accidently, as it is easily done. If you are unsure, please refer to page 7 of your instruction booklet.
If this is not the case, can you please email me your full name, address and a contact telephone number along with a picture of the toaster and the base of the toaster which shows the serial number on it. My email address is: service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards Smeg Australia.

Sad Kas

I did all the above, got a new toaster and the same problem has occured. And NO the bagel function is not selected. It is just a design fault I think :(

Richard r.

Correct no bagel function selected even with without anytime I use mine no toast on inside

Tania216

Tania216asked

My beautiful pink Smeg toaster is not even 2 years old, has been in storage for 18 months, and wont even start up now. Completely dead. Very very dissapointed.
Hope my matching kettle doesnt give up so easily.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Tania216 thank you for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss this further? We would like to be given an opportunity to discuss this issue with you and make things right! Can you please email me direct with your full name address and contact telephone number along with a picture of the appliance and a picture of the base of the appliance that shows the serial number on it. Once we have this information we will contact you direct- our email address is Service@smwg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley- Kind Regards Smeg Australia

Sad Kas

Good luck Tania, we got a replacement for our toaster as it was only cooking on one side and lo and behold the new one does the same thing! Hope you get a solution. They are all style and no substance :(

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Sad Kas - sorry to hear about your toaster. Have you checked that you havent accidently pressed the bagel function, as it is easily done. ( refer to page 7 of your instruction manual ) It is near the stop button. If this is not the case, can you kindly contact us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number along with a picture of the toaster and the base showing the serial number. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Son

Sonasked

When the bread is in it only slightly works on the outer side nothing lights up in the middle of the toaster.
Was working ok till it just stopped.
You have to put setting on 4 for it to lightly brown one side of bread?

Sad Kas

Mine was never right really. Smeg told me to return to where I bought it as it has a 24 month guarantee. I did this and the new one seems good. I used to toast on 2.5 or 3 to get any colour with the first one!

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives