Smeg TSF02

2.4

• Even Toasting Yes (17) · No (21)
Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Messy

The toaster is so messy. There is always crumbs everywhere underneath, it’s like the crumb catcher doesn’t catch the crumbs properly. I also feel like it takes far too long to toast. The plus side is that it looks great.

Purchased in February 2020 at David Jones.

RKM

RKMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing purchase

Three out of three smeg toasters have spontaneously stopped working. We have had two replacements through warranty. Each time the lever that holds the toast down stopped working. I hope that Smeg will give a full refund, as I do not want to have the faulty toaster replaced with yet another faulty toaster! The toaster looks great but it is not up to the task.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Greg W.

Greg W.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

over shoots the toast onto the floor

My wife dream toasted, received as a Xmas present. I dont know why it shoots the toast into the sky!!.
For the price of the toaster they should have alot more features. Pitty we thru out our old kmart toaster.
VERY UNSATISFIED

Purchased in December 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$199.00.

Dear Greg W.,
Sorry to hear about the problem with the toaster. Could you please email diamondservice@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number. Once they have this information, they will be in direct contact with you.
Regards

Becchristie86

Becchristie86Gippsland, VIC

Not exactly practical.

Purchased in July 2020 at Betta Home Living for A$199.00.

NickGlenrowan

Only toasts one side

Looks great but doesn’t work well. Only toasts one side of the bread (in both slots). As you can see in the photos, the two inside elements don’t even light up. Very disappointed - wish I didn’t get so caught up with how great it looks as looking at it won’t toast my bread! Bought a kettle to match at the same time which works well, except for the lid which doesn’t pop open as easily as it should - you have to press down the button that releases the lid in precisely the right spot, and not too fast, or it won’t open. Annoying. Overall, my view of Semg has plummeted - overpriced for low quality.

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for A$200.00.

Nick

Thanks, I have emailed you the requested details.

Ali DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Initially great

Initially purchased the Smeg coffee machine, was impressed so then the kettle. Didn’t think twice when our toaster died - a set! We make our own bread and it toasted well until recently, it now toasts unevenly which is a pain. Maybe now black in a different make

Purchased at Flybuys .

Ali D

Thanks for reply, will contact

mangajack

mangajackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

Whilst the toaster looks good on the bench, it takes a long time to lightly toast bread. I hosted extended family breakfast and ran two toasters side by side. The Smeg was more than twice as slow as the Breville 4 slice toaster. Both toasters produced nicely coloured toast but the Smeg tended to dry the toast more than the Breville.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$210.00.

bertolinPerth, WA

If only it worked as well as it looks

This toaster looks great. The two wide long slots were perfect for our favourite sourdough bread. It seemed to be the perfect toaster for us. After a while the bread was only being toasted on one side, then one side of the toaster stopped working and today it doesn't function at all -shorted our power.
Smeg have been amazing in their response. I should have contacted them before posting this review. Smeg have replaced the toaster and it now sits happily with our other Smeg products- Stove and Kettle. Contact the product distributor first if you have problems, it is the fair thing.

bertolin

Sorry that I didn't contact you first. Smeg have been amazing in their response.

Lesley R.Smeg

Thank you Bertolin, I am glad that we were given an opportunity to make things right. Kind Regards, Lesley Smeg Australia.

faulty toaster seems to be a generic fault

Hi I have a 2 bread toaster, outer toaster frames not working and handle will not stay down, bough around 14 months ago from John Lewis and was a present not happy

Purchased in February 2019 for A$130.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Robert - I have reached out to you yesterday with Smeg UK contact details -In case you didn’t get my message the email is sda@smeguk.com Thank you Lesley at Smeg Australia

FrankSydney, NSW

Looks good but poor performance

Purchased in March 2020 for A$199.00.

Frank

Hi @Steve C. I have sent you an email to have our toaster issue fixed and I have not heard back from you at all. It has been a number of months now.

bellysmelly

bellysmellyAU

Perfect for squat loaves

Purchased in August 2017 at Myer Online Store for A$199.00.

GrimReaper555

GrimReaper555South East Queensland, QLD

Perfectly fine toaster does the job

The toaster is very basic to use and has a catcher on the bottom for all the crumbs. It’s so cute and adorable I mean it’s pricey but it’s smeg and the quality is great. There are a few functions to toast the bread but I haven’t bothered. The bread doesn’t get stuck in the toaster. Wide angles too so your toast can be long or thick vice versa. I’ve never had mine throw out toast on the floor either.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$200.00.

Elizabeth

ElizabethSydney, NSW

Best toaster ever

Love this toaster. Bought it to replace a breville we’d had for 20 years so we could get a more attractive toaster to match our smeg kettle and one that fit longer pieces of bread.
It toasts evenly. Looks great and it’s Easy to operate. Love it.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Julianne Collins

Julianne CollinsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute Rubbish - Not even 1 star

Absolute rubbish. On the setting 1.5 our toast is burnt, so we put it on 1 and have to watch it, then pop it ourselves. When the toaster is left to burn our toast on 1.5, it pops up so hard it flys out of the toaster. Out of curiosity we put the setting on 3, the toast was totally black and the smoke alarm went off. Unfortunately you cant return a toaster for burning the toast. What a waste of money. Unfortunately all the reno shows use them so people assume that the Smeg appliances must be good.

Rachel

Rachel

We cant live without this!

We use this toaster for sourdough, soy and linseed, crumpets and english muffins!
With the defrost setting our toast comes out amazing! Easy settings to get the right amount of 'golden' on our toast.
We haven't had any piece of bread get stuck or jammed - so awesome!

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$190.00.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Throws the toast out

Very pretty toaster but when the toast is done it throws it outside the toaster. I just use normal white bread. It toasts it ok and doesn't get jammed but it's annoying to find your toast on the floor

Purchased in December 2019.

Marie

Marie

Awful toaster

AdamG

AdamGSydney, NSW

A few days in and it is only toasting one side

I bought this last week as I loved the retro look that goes well in my period house..unfortunately it toasts unevenly; anything above 2 burns the bread, and the pop is so strong the toast get thrown on to the floor or cupboard - leaving lots of crumbs around the place to attract roaches.. It gets very very hot and is dangerous around children. I paid $200 for this and am bitterly disappointed.

Kathy C.Mid North Coast, NSW

Second replacement , so disappointed

I brought both the cream toaster and kettle . They look beautiful on your kitchen bench .
Unfortunately this replacement also has now blew a fuse . Really disheartening as I thought I was paying more for a A+ product

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones for A$210.00.

Thatperthgal

ThatperthgalPerth, WA

Such a letdown

I really wanted to love this toaster as it looks classy on the bench but that's about the only pro. Wish I had read the reviews before I purchased as it wasn't a cheap investment. The main issues are, does not toast evenly, the corners always come out burnt. Secondly, the toast shoots out so fast and falls on the bench or floor. Thirdly and most annoying thing about this toaster is every single time it toasts, all the crumbs fall out the bottom of the toaster all over the bench. There is absolutely no containment of toast crumbs. Super disappointed Smeg! Would return if I could.

Purchased in December 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse WA, Cockburn for A$179.00.

Mark B

Mark Basked

TSF02

What are the overall dimensions of the 2 slice versus the 4 slice Smeg Toasters

Hi Mark B - Thank you for your enquiry. Please find the dimensions as follows:

2 slice Toaster:
Product dimensions: 198 x 310 (325 ball lever knob included) x 195 mm Net weight (kg): 2.430 kg

4 slice Toaster:
Product dimensions: 215 x 394 (410 ball lever knob included) x 208 mm Net weight (kg): 3.380 kg

Hope that this helps, if you need any more assistance, please do not hestiate to contact us direct, our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Anonasked

TSF02SSAU (Chrome)

Is there a way to adjust the spring on the eject mechanism as it seems all these throw the toast out onto the bench and floor. I have put a rubber band (I had to experiment to find one which worked) around the eject lever and under the timer knob, which works as a temporary fix. It also is very slow, but we can live with that.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Anon, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix this problem. Regards, Steve Cullen

Anon

Steve very promptly sent me a replacement, same model, greatly appreciated, but I hope Smeg now look into the problem and improve it (the toast eject mechanism), as it is a quality toaster otherwise.

Theresa D.

Theresa D.asked

TSF02

Does this come in a long slot version? for toasting flat breads?

To The Consumer
To The Consumer

I have the long slot Smeg toaster. I would not recommend it to anyone. The long slot is the unit’s only redeeming feature. It’s a
cheap and nasty product pretending to be executive end, with its high end price. My expectations weren’t high, after all it’s only a toaster, but I feel this piece of junk was a huge disappointment. See what else you can find, Theresa.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives