Smeg TSF02
Listing monitored by Smeg

• Even Toasting Yes (19) · No (31)

Donna
DonnaIllawarra, NSW

Worst toaster I have ever bought

This is a terrible toaster. Does not toast evenly, there are crumbs everywhere as the catcher is useless. For such an expensive item it is a great disappointment. Would not recommend at all.

Purchased in January 2021 at Joyce Mayne for $199.00.

So disappointed

I brought the smeg kettle because I loved its design so hubby wanted matching smeg toaster. It spits out the toast aggressively if you have only 2 pieces of toast in it. It doesn't cook toast properly more on one side than the other. It was so expensive I thought it would be an excellent toaster, how can something so expensive be so inadequate. Very disappointed and annoyed because it was a gift which was asked for and now family said we expect this expensive toaster to last you until we passover .....but it's been 6 months was a Christmas present and nothing but disappointment with this product.

Purchased in December 2020.

MugginsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive Throw-a-way NOT Repairable

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman for $229.00.

Dissatisfied

Its ok to toast 4 pieces but when you only want 1 or 2 pieces when it pops out it always goes on my floor so annoying wish i brought the 2 slice

Purchased in March 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $200.00.

Stewart F.
Stewart F.Sydney, NSW

Poor Performance

I was fed up with unreliable, erratic and temperamental cheap supermarket toasters, So I splashed out and bought a Smeg.
Now I have an expensive unreliable, erratic and temperamental toaster!
It is slow on regular bread, as it accommodates thick slices. It sometimes toasts one side ok and not the other. Variable browning on the same bread on the same setting. If you want only one slice it throws it on the kitchen floor unless your standing in a good fielding position for the duration.

Purchased in January 2020 at Myers for $170.00.

Steve C.Smeg

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
DRT
DRT

Buyer Beware - Lasted only 3 months

Loved the look and design of this when we bought it from the Good Guys 2-3 months ago after our previous toaster died following about 3-4 years. We use normal bread and probably make toast about 5 times per week. Two days ago I noticed my son's toast was perfectly toasted on one side, and was uncooked bread on the other. The fact that this Smeg toaster no longer works after such a short time is really a disgrace and I would not recommend this product at all. We will be seeking a refund today.

Purchased in October 2020 at The Good Guys for $219.00.

Debra Simon
Debra SimonHunter Region, NSW

Didnt last long

I purchased this toaster in August this year (2020)and it probably gets used once a week then tonight when we went to push the lever down it blew up. Cant beleive after paying that much for a toaster it lasted only 4 months. I have brought toasters from k mart that have lasted longer.Will be taking it back to the retailer tommorow

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $189.00.

Dilan M.
Dilan M.

SMEG CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ACE

Have had the toaster (bought as a set with the kettle) for about a year. It toasts our (generally frozen bread) really well. Last week the toaster stopped working and and I was really worried, it's been a year and what was the likelihood of a replacement?

I emailed Smeg and literally within a couple of hours had a response saying they would just send me a new one. So good! I get sometimes stuff breaks down, but having such good customer service and hassle free replacement means I have no worries at all in buying their products in future.

Purchased in November 2019 at Appliances Online.

luna7
luna7Sydney, NSW

Can not fault smeg service

This is a review for smeg after sales.
We bought 4 slice toaster and did have an issue with one aspect of it. We contacted smeg. They were speedy in their response and replaced without question.
Cannot fault them - email response prompt, delivery easy. Thank you

Verity Mc
Verity Mc

A great toaster from a company that provides exceptional customer service

This is a great toaster. We are able to cook bagels, crumpets, long slices of bread and standard bread easily. We have never had a problem with uneven cooking. The removable tray makes it easy to keep clean and it looks lovely on the bench so no need to hide it away in between use. We did have an issue with the toaster functioning after a few years however Smeg provided exceptional customer service and rectified the issue immediately without a single hassle. Knowing they provide this level of service to their customers makes me confident to buy Smeg in the future.

Purchased at David Jones.

Mel
MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't recommend

Purchased 1 week ago, have used it every day and tried different temp setting. Does not cook on both sides, One will be under cooked the other over or burnt. Leaves crumbs everywhere and very slow.
Returning product to the store for a full refund.

Purchased in October 2020 at The Good Guys for $220.00.

DanielMac
DanielMacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks good - some issues

Purchased in June 2019 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for $160.00.

IzzySydney, NSW

Looks great, doesn’t last! Very disappointed

I purchased this toaster in January 2019 and didn’t use it until mid 2019 as we were building. Yesterday the toaster failed and only toasts one side. It only comes with 12 months warranty so no point even emailing anyone.

They look great and I have all smeg appliances to match, however I don’t feel the $200 price tag is worth it. I have used cheap $20 Kmart toasters that have lasted 5 x more than this one.

Looks like the half toasting defect seems to happen to everyone! Don’t be fooled by how pretty they look! Off to buy a real toaster now

Purchased in January 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $200.00.

Rodney M.Smeg
Izzy

Hi both. All my paperwork including the manual says 12 months. So I’m going off what was provided. I’ll email you shortly with a copy of receipts. I didn’t think to email anyone as I couldn’t see anything but 12 months warranty.

Jase

Elements are not all working

Not even a week and it will have to organise for the item to be replaced! The elements that heat and glow some dont work. And yes I have made sure the bagel button is off. So one side of the bread is toasted and the other is marginally done. I thought you get what you pay for, not in this case. I ordered a few more SMEG products to arrive, now I might just cancel due to these expensive products from SMEG only look good and that's about it.

Purchased in October 2020 for $220.00.

Jase

Thanks Lesley, I have just emailed you with attached photos for evidence and base serial number as requested. I look forward to a positive response and hopefully you might be able to convince me not to cancel my 2 other SMEG items that are on order.

Jase

Update - SMEG Australia were very quick and helpful in advising they will be sending a replacement. Thank you very much for fixing the issue.

Lisa
LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Messy

The toaster is so messy. There is always crumbs everywhere underneath, it’s like the crumb catcher doesn’t catch the crumbs properly. I also feel like it takes far too long to toast. The plus side is that it looks great.

Purchased in February 2020 at David Jones.

Read more reviews - page 2

Mark B
Mark Basked
TSF02

What are the overall dimensions of the 2 slice versus the 4 slice Smeg Toasters

Hi Mark B - Thank you for your enquiry. Please find the dimensions as follows:

2 slice Toaster:
Product dimensions: 198 x 310 (325 ball lever knob included) x 195 mm Net weight (kg): 2.430 kg

4 slice Toaster:
Product dimensions: 215 x 394 (410 ball lever knob included) x 208 mm Net weight (kg): 3.380 kg

Hope that this helps, if you need any more assistance, please do not hestiate to contact us direct, our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Anonasked
TSF02SSAU (Chrome)

Is there a way to adjust the spring on the eject mechanism as it seems all these throw the toast out onto the bench and floor. I have put a rubber band (I had to experiment to find one which worked) around the eject lever and under the timer knob, which works as a temporary fix. It also is very slow, but we can live with that.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Anon, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix this problem. Regards, Steve Cullen

Anon

Steve very promptly sent me a replacement, same model, greatly appreciated, but I hope Smeg now look into the problem and improve it (the toast eject mechanism), as it is a quality toaster otherwise.

Jon S.
Jon S.

Did the replacement fix all the problems you had with the initial one? We've just won one and I'm reluctant to open it after reading all this feedback!

Theresa D.
Theresa D.asked
TSF02

Does this come in a long slot version? for toasting flat breads?

To The Consumer
To The Consumer

I have the long slot Smeg toaster. I would not recommend it to anyone. The long slot is the unit’s only redeeming feature. It’s a
cheap and nasty product pretending to be executive end, with its high end price. My expectations weren’t high, after all it’s only a toaster, but I feel this piece of junk was a huge disappointment. See what else you can find, Theresa.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Smeg TSF02

Compare all 8 Smeg TSF02
CategoryToastersToastersToastersToasters
FeaturesLong SlotLong SlotLong SlotLong Slot
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 8 Smeg TSF02