MPN: MDRNC8

See the Best Wired Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good value decent headphones

These were very inexpensive but despite that they give a decent quality of sound, especially when used on a laptop watching tv, movies etc.. The noise cancelling works well and the sound is clear. They are easy to wear as they are light weight and they fold away easily for storage.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Good for value

I paid $40 for this item. I feel it is worth the money I paid for it. Produces decent sound and am happy with the product. Its light weight and folds easily. I use it on my work desk and it serves its purpose of listening to the odd music every now and then or video podcasts etc as needed. I believe the best measure of noise cancellation would be on a plane if it can drown out aircraft engine noise, which I have not tested. Fits well on my ear, and is comfy to use. I would recommend this for normal activities with audio.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Uncomfortable. Noise cancelling doesn't work

I purchased these because they were cheap, yet still felt Sony would put their name to something half decent. Forget noise cancelling, does nothing, no change whatsoever. The headset itself is not comfortable and my ears were sore after 30 minutes. The cord length fro earphones to end is only 1 metre. Only a cheapy to use occasionally for the telly.

Sony Phony

I cannot believe that Sony - makers of some of the best NC Headphones - could put their name to such a bad product!
When I first tried them they were so ineffective, I thought they were faulty.
However further careful testing confirmed that they were working - sort of!
I then compared them with my Panasonic RP-HC800 & Bauhn NC+MP3 headphones - which both did an excellent job of canceling out my de tuned hifi radio simulated aircraft noise whilst I played music through the headphones.
By comparison, the Sony headphones did not cancel the noise to any noticeable degree.
I'm glad I did not pay much for them as they are just a joke!
I was unimpressed that they did not come with some form of case/bag - but now that I have tried them, why would you bother putting such a piece of rubbish in a case!

Decent sound, but noise-cancelling below par

I borrowed a pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones from a friend which were fantastic. These seemed to be the best option in my price range when I decided to buy my own. The sound is pretty good overall, but I am very disappointed in the noise-cancelling function. I am still able to hear quite a bit of external noise through the headphones. I used them on a long-haul flight and they really were not up to the standard of the other Sony headphones I have tried. They are also not that easy to pack away as they don't come with a case.
Comfortable, good sound.
Noise-cancelling not what I expected, bulky for travel.