Sony WH-1000XM2

See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Quality purchase

Amazing headphones truly worth the buy. Not only is the sound quality amazing (I listen to virtually every genre imaginable) but the noise cancelling is unparalleled (at least when I bought it; the updated version is probably better!) Regularly fly by airplane and this works a charm

Noise Cancellation

Broken after 18 months

Owned these for 18 months when the frame snapped above the earpiece while I was taking them off my head. Sony won't repair or replace. In hindsight, Should have purchased Bose

Purchased in January 2018 for $480.00.

Noise Cancellation

Quality is amazing.

the quality of this headphone is amazing. however, after I brought this headphone, a hal- year later, whxm3 it is release. not as comfortable as Bose. but the sound quality and other aspect are good. Last but not least, the touchpad on the right side is too sensitive. I don't like that functionality.

Purchased in March 2018 at Sony Physical store for $299.00.

Best purchase ever.

I bought mine off eBay over a year ago. Before I knew the xm3 was coming out, they're probably priced even better now. This is the priciest purchase I've made in a long time, and honestly it's worth it.
The GOOD:
*the wire included is much longer than most, and really handy
*the noise cancellation to my friend's qc35 (mark 1) is better
*the bass is really good
*the wireless range is a fair few metres
*they can get really loud
*I've spent around 58 hours flying with these, and they drown out all the aeroplane noise.
*I barely charge it.
The BAD:
*they're quite heavy. So your head does feel constricted
*they creak sometimes, no cracks, but it is scary sometimes
*the companion app doesn't let you alter the EQ when it's focusing on sound quality (rather than connection)

Purchased in March 2018 for $330.00.

Bluetooth

Brilliant noise cancelling, crisp sound, lightweight

I initially bought these headphones for a long haul international trip to watch movies and to use the noise cancelling feature to help me sleep. They certainly hit the mark. I use them daily to listen to podcasts and music while working around the house (cleaning the car, housework etc) or when the house is full of kids to get some peace!
Volume and sound quality is excellent and the wireless range allows me to leave my phone downstairs and walk around the house with absolutely no interruptions.
Comes with a great cary case and a aircraft adapter which isn't included with the Bose QC35.
It was a toss up between the Bose and the Sony headphones as they are both excellent units however I chose the Sony's because of the discounted price.
Highly recommended.

Purchased in November 2018 for $304.00.

Bluetooth

Great controls, great noise cancellation, comfortable for long hours great battery life, GREAT SOUND

Actually the best bluetooth headphones hands down. Noise cancellation may not be as good as the Bose QC35 but is pretty much there. Where it beats Bose is the ease of use, battery life and sound quality. I could wear these all day long & not feel like I'm getting a headache.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Best headphones I've used

Bought this last year in March.
At that time I'd never spent so much on headphones but honestly it's changed how I want experience audio.
The noise cancellation is great and there are so many features on these headphones. I use these when I'm studying especially in noisy environments.

These work great for plane flights as it greatly reduces the noise heard from the plane which helped me a lot to sleep. I recently came back from a 16hr flight and these were excellent.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

I've never heard music this way before!

These headphones are incredible!
Recently purchased them for myself while they were on sale. After reading many reviews comparing different headphones, these were supposed to be the best, they do not disappoint. NC is very practical and works great. Can choose what I want to hear and what I don't, brings most ambient noise down to a quiet hum, or eliminates it completely! The quick attention mode is great and the touch controls take a bit of getting used to, but they're very handy! Music is insane with these headphones! My Sony phone is LDAC enabled so I get the full audio experience, and it's very impressive. It brings high quality and clear sounds across all ranges. Bass is punchy but stable, mids and highs are very clear and well-done. NC and audio are easily 10x better than Beats Studio 3's. They're also very comfy on the head and I'm yet to feel any discomfort. Great headphones all round! Only downside I can name is the touch controls aren't usable when you are connected through the supplied jack cable, but for me that's a minor issue.
Very well done SONY *clap clap*.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

ideal headphones for commuting

Bought these headphones earlier this year. I'm now using them about 2-3 hours a day on public transport and when I am studying for uni. They are awesome for watching lectures, as well as blocking out general chatter/transport noise. Really like ambient sound function as well as touch controls. Only downside is that they look a bit bulky, but with their comfort, I don't really mind what they look like

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

The best wireless headphone

I tried on both 1000XM2 and Bose QC 35 and honestly think that both are great headphones. Sony 1000XM2 has more features and longer battery life so I am very content with my purchase.
The touchpad is not a new feature but it is worth mentioning since Bose does not have this feature. Swipe up or down to control the volume. Swipe right or left to change the music. It is very intuitive and easy. You can even press long to activate Siri. Double tap to stop music or take a phone call.
Also, you can cup the right ear and disable the noise canceling and listen to others.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Quality Bluetooth Headphones

I purchased these headphones for my husband as a Father's Day gift and he absolutely loves them! Not having to worry about a cord when he's wearing these working in the yard is great, and the noise-cancelling feature is a must when he's on his tractor or using other loud equipment. The sound quality is also quite exceptional. Overall, while not an inexpensive purchase these are well worth the cost and I think I may have to buy some for myself.

Buy the Best

Sony's Noise Cancelling Headphones solved the boring long travel stints when flying Internationally.
They take all extraneous noise so what you get is clear pure audio from the planes onboard entertainment or your own movies or music.
She. Compare these with other major named brands and you will hear the difference in clarity.
Shop around as the new model has been released.
Look for the easy no knobs adjustable volume and tracking.
Also the comfort is superb.

Amazing sound

This is my first wireless headphones, I must say that I cannot connect it to half of my devices. I do not know what the problem is and it is very frustrating. The devices that I managed to connect work really well and the sound is amazing, they also block lots of noise and have no interference.

Amazing pair of kit

I had recently decided my Beats Studio had to go. I work in Software in a very noisy environment and wanted something that had great noise cancelling and great sound to compliment that.

These headphones will not disappoint, everything about them has been great, comfort, sound, noise cancelling, build quality, battery life. I don't have a single complaint, I would and have recommended these to anyone.

Love my new headphones

Pros:
- great sound, and can be personalized with their app
- super lightweight - moreso than the Bose ones in the similar price category
- fun controls
- minimalist look

Cons
- Bluetooth cuts out sometimes. I’ve noticed this has stopped since i keep my phone on my left side when walking, closer to the Bluetooth receiver on the headphones

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Perfect headphones and a reliable brand!

This is my second purchase of Sony Headphones and second time very happy customer. I decided to write a review. They combine great sound quality and really good noise cancelling features and a fast charge! Could not wish for anything different! I would recommend them, they are worth all the money that they cost!

Great Headphones + Research = Happy Customer, win win

This is my first pair of noise cancelling headphones. I must say i conducted about 10+ hoursa of research, including reviews here, as well as numerous youtube reviews etc. Hey if im going to spend $400+ on a pair of headphones i want to ensure im doing my research.

1. Very comfortable to wear. (though not as soft or comfortable as the Bose Q35II)
2. The noise cancelling is amazing and frustrates my work collegues.
3. They connect seemlessly to all my devices.
4. I am excited to use them for upcoming flights.
5. The bass is amazing.
6. Biggest win for me was the fact that you could set your own equlization.
7. Battery life is great as well.

I would highly reccomend these.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great sound

Arrived in solid packaging. Easy to follow user guide. Easy setup. took 4 hours to completely charge the battery before it could be used. Then great noise cancelling combined with excellent audio. Solid construction and stylish design. Would recommend to anyone who travels in noisy areas like planes or trains.Great piece of workmanship. Well done.

Best Noise cancelling Headphones

I have been doing research on the headphones as I wanted to buy a good one with value for money. I shortlisted Bose QC35 ii initially. I also read reviews for Sony headphones WH1000XM 2. I tried them they are definitely better than bose in the sound output. Glamour quotient is also not less in anyway than Bose. Only thing i feel is its approx 35gms heavier than bose. But considering the features it offers its way far ahead than BOSE. Touch pad to control volume shuffle songs, just a gesture is required to stop the music and listen to anyone speaking to you. The list may go on. Seeing is believing. I strongly recommend them. Good Buy provided when they are priced around AUD300. Anything over this amount is not smart. Now they have Google assistant connectivity as well.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Excited but disappointed

Bought it from good guys when they had a 10% whole store discount was very excited, but these headphones do not make the environment completely silent on the bus also you can hear the bumps which gets mildly frustrating and if it randomly switches to ambient sound then you will be in for a shock (you can disable its auto adjust to environment) has really cool features had lots of fun messing around with them.

Sticking to my anc earphones tho not sure why but they are definitely better than these headphones and less bogus. These are great headphones i presume for working in offices or on planes, but they are definitely not the best for everyday users or audioheads.

Date PurchasedJun 2018