Sony WH-1000XM3

Bluetooth Pairing doesn't work with MacOS Mojave.

This is the first time I bought a set high-quality headphones so I am not an audiophile. It took several hours of tinkering for the Bluetooth to work. It took so long that I thought that this device was defective. But after a lot of search and trial and error, I got it to work. I had to reset the headphones several times and then pair it via NFC with my google pixel. On the 20th time of trying to pair it with my phone it finally worked.

Then I realized that MacOS Mojave didn't support the Bluetooth codec that the Sony earbuds used. So after a few more hours of searching, I realized that you have to manually turn on the aptX/AAC codec. To do so you have to either do a terminal command line search to turn it on which I couldn't get it to work. The other option is to download the developers kit Xcode and then download Bluetooth file exchange and there are a few boxes you check to manually turn on the aptX/AAC. Once I did that the Sony headphones did work after around 5 hours of trying to get it to work. I don't know who to blame Sony or Apple. You would think that the top of the line earbuds would easily pair with the lastest MacOS operating system but that didn't happen.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for $357.95.

Noise Cancellation

Wont fly without these headphones

I have used these headphones on flights and they are worth its weight in gold. Flying has become less of a chore with these cancelling out all the ambient noise.
Very comfortable but can get hot after a few hours of listening. The touchpad is very convenient but can sometimes misread a swipe if you do it diagonally (no fault of the headphones).
I would highly recommend these.

Purchased in December 2018 for $330.00.

Best headphones I ever worn

This headphone is the best one that I have ever used. Sound quality is great! The app is awesome too. It detects whether I am walking or not and change the ANC according to it.

The ANC is by far the best compared to other headphones. Just covering the right side cause outside noise to flow through so you can hear what other people are talking.

It has a long battery life as well, though I never tested the full 25h. My daily usage is about 6h. And I only charge it once every 4 to 5 days.

Purchased in February 2019 at Qantas Store for $249.00.

Near perfect headphones!

Had this for more than 6 months now, and it still works like a charm! Everything from ANC to sound and build quality it's absolutely stunning! Only small inconvenience I have is its not water resistant in any way. When it rains I have to keep them, which I'm often sad. Can't part ways with it ever!

Purchased in November 2018 at Amazon.

Noise Cancellation

Excellent sound and noise-cancelling!

I use these headphones in the office, on planes and at home for music and gaming.
Sound quality is amazing.
Noise cancelling is second to none.

I wear glasses most of the time and the ear pads are comfortable for extended use - often 3-4 hours at a time without removing them.

Purchased in March 2019 at Sony Online store.

Perfect!

I usually listen to music with these headphones while at work. It makes me 'disconnect' completely and allows me to focus. The noise cancelling works great! I've also tried this on a long 12h flight and this has been a lifesaver. Highly recommended.

Purchased in November 2018.

Excellent performance

This Sony WH1000XM3B headphone is so great with its noise-canceling function. I use this headphone when I was on the train or bus. It is not heavy so I could wear it on a long trip. It has perfect sound delivery so I can enjoy music all the way home ignoring outside noises.

Purchased in January 2019 for $453.00.

Worth the buck!

I'm very happy with this. Blocks out so much noise and feels quite comfortable even for long hours. Battery life is awesome, I hardly ever charged it. I love the modern sleek shape too. Makes my 2 hr commute a lot more bearable. It sounds really detailed and bright overall.

Purchased in October 2018.

Amazing

the noise cancelling is amazing, it is very lightweight, good quality, great sound. I wish there were an option to connect to 2 devices at the same time. happy shopping.

Purchased in October 2018 for $499.00.

Best noise cancelling Headphone

Pros : Really Help when you need to focus as it has a really good noise cancelling
Doesn't Hurt your ears after wearing it a long time
Light weight and durable

Purchased in December 2018 for $289.00.

An upgrade on perfection

Having previously owned the wh1000xm2 headphones and also many pairs of beats and Bose over the years, these are hands down best quality for price on the market today hands down.

Purchased in February 2019 at Amazon for $399.00.

Noise Cancellation

Excellent sounds quality, plastic feels a bit cheap

These are my first noise cancelling headphones, so I can't compare to others, but I've had many regular headphones and am impressed with the sound quality especially as they are bluetooth. The sound stage is good and the bass is easily enough to enjoy electronic music. I didn't find them uncomfortable over long listening periods, but do find they slip a little bit on my head and I need to adjust them from time to time.

I did find myself getting a bit annoyed by the voice recordings when you change settings and there's always a slight delay as you cycle through them. The build quality feels a little cheap, but they're surprisingly strong considering it's plastic. Wireless range works fine from the next room, but I don't tend to go much further than that.

Very happy to have these as my travel companion especially for longer flights and I'm happy to say goodbye to my old pair :)

Purchased in February 2019 at Addicted to Audio Online store for $398.00.

Best NC Headphones.

We bought 4 of these before our trip to Thailand. Everyone loved them as they helped make the flights very peaceful and comfortable. Sadly there are only 2 colors Black and Silver (we got 2 black 2 silver).

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

Better than Bose QC35ii

Sound is superior to bose, the features and control on the app is better and more flexible, the noise cancelling and ambient sound are fantastic, light to carry. Build quality has held up so far but not fully convinced at this stage hence the four stars

Purchased in April 2019 at Addicted to Audio Online store for $350.00.

Does the job

- Don't expect any sound quality you would otherwise get from wired headphones
- Good for convenience
- User friendly app to help configure the headphone
- Not impressed with quality when calling or receiving

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $275.00.

Lovely headphones

One of the best headphones by far. Noise cancellation levels are the best in the industry. Better quality compared to wired headphones. Makes my plane ride so much better. Thanks Sony!!

Purchased in February 2019.

Excellent noise cancellation

Excellent noise cancellation and sound quality. Can’t hear anything when listening to music on Sydney trains.
These headphones are comfortable to wear but will take some time getting used to.
Highly recommended.

Purchased in March 2019 at Amazon for $329.00.

Noise Cancellation

Great noise cancelling and sound, poor bluetooth connection and controls

I have a pair of Bose QC35II as well, noise cancellation seems on par on both, you can feel the change of pressure with the QC35 which some people hate but not on the Sony which is great.
Happy with the sound, look at other reviews for more details.
Autonomy is good. Charges very quickly. Not a fan of the controls, I find clicky buttons way better and more intuitive. Works more reliably too, try it in shop before you buy those.
I found the bluetooth very unreliable in general, it cuts out regularly (with or without the quality vs connection setting in the app) which is awful. I also have to unpair and pair it again sometimes which I wouldn't mind, bluetooth is always a bit temperamental, but I never had to do this with my QC35.

Purchased in November 2018 at Noel Leeming for $499.00.

Bluetooth

Hands down, the best ANC headset money can buy.

Pros:
- The ANC is insane. I wear these in the office, and at 30% volume cannot hear conversations next to me.
- Extremely comfortable and lightweight. I get Cervicogenic headaches, and heavy headsets will trigger these headaches. I can wear these for hours without any pain at all.
- The audio quality is good. Not amazing, and on the default profile, the bass is a little heavy. The bright/excited preset is the best for me I've found.
- The battery life is amazing

Cons:
- The microphone leaves a lot to desire. Muffled and hard to hear in high ambient noise scenarios.
- The accompanying app needs some work - not as feature rich as one would hope, although is certainly enough to configure headphones.
- The headphones does not have smart Bluetooth; you can only connect to one device at once. What? Is it 2010?

Overall, the cons of these headphones are far outweighed by the pros. I would buy these again in a heartbeat.

Purchased in April 2019 at Westfield for $336.00.

Great sound quality

Bought one on last October, I've owned it almost half a year. It does have a Great sound quality. And can be controlled via APP or gesture. But it is a bit disappointing that will feel warm when wear it in summer days.

Purchased in October 2018.