Sony WH-1000XM3

• Bluetooth
  • Noise Cancellation

Matthew mcmahon

Matthew mcmahon The Mallee, VIC

Sound great, but crap lifespan

I loved the sound of these headphones and the noise cancelling was awesome, very comfy and never hurt my head, but they started playing up months ago, turning off by themselves, losing bluetooth when i was using them (so i couldnt pair them at all to my phone) then they just wouldn't turn on one day. So sent them back as they were only 9 months old and they wouldnt fix or replace because they had corrosion on the power button. These headphones had Never been wet, so the only way that would happen would be from sweating... i did NOT see a warning or disclaimer on the box that said "If you use these headphones and sweat then your warranty will be voided"
So if you dont plan on doing physical activity in these things then you will be fine.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kogan.com for $388.00.

Headband strap broke after 13 months of use

I bought Sony WH-1000XM3 as a replacement of my 4 years old Bose QC25. Read the reviews in the internet and decided that Sony has better sound quality over Bose. The sound quality is good. Noise cancelling is not as impressive as Bose's, however the most disappointing part is the quality of the plastic and assembly. The headphones headband strap cracked after one year of home use. I didn't even take them outside, was wearing in my home office to take calls. I tried to contact Sony they suggested me to contact the retailer. The retailer doesn't respond on my messages.
Warranty is just 12 months and they broke on 13th month. Very disappointing, considering that Bose QC25 served me well for 4 years.

Purchased in February 2020 at VideoPro for $388.00.

jojifrey

jojifreylandscape

Bought in Aug 2020

At first the static noise was frustrating. But I fixed it by changing the settings. Afterwards, up to now, it’s working perfectly.

I use it to exercise, work, study.. with satisfying experience.

Love the battery quality and speed of charging.

Purchased in August 2020 for $350.00.

xferro

xferroSydney, NSW

They were great until they broke in less than 12 months

I was in love with these and recommending them to friends. Then, one day they broke in half... really bad quality.

Of course Sony did not cover them with warranty. So, in less than 1 year 400$ to the waste

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $400.00.

Sound Quality
Pedro

PedroBrisbane

Best Headphones I've Owned

Purchased in November 2020 at eBay for $250.00.

Cloud Z.

Cloud Z.South East Queensland, QLD

Be aware, there is a design flaw for this headphone

Be aware, there is a design flaw for this headphone. There will be static hiss noise from one ear when NC turned on. This is a known issue, lots of videos on youtube and discussion on Reddit about it. The problem also happens on WH1000XM4.
My headphone has the same issue but Sony refused to replace it because they can't "reproduce" it. The issue actually happens after 30 minutes listening everytime! Customer service of Sony Australia is close to none. I will report this to ACCC.
Please stay away these headphones!

Purchased at Sony Online store for $300.00.

Battery failed within 2 years and Sony refused to repair at their cost.

The battery stopped taking in charge after using it for 1.5 years. Sony now refuses to repair it at their cost because it's out of warranty. Unfortunately by Australian consumer law, all products sold in Australia need to last a reasonable amount of time when used as intended. So unless Sony is okay with breaking Australian Consumer Law I suggest they offer free repair.

Purchased in June 2019 at Mobileciti Online store for $356.15.

GDSA

GDSAGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works well while under warranty. Peculiarly fails just after warranty period and on firmware upgrade

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $382.00.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best headphones for your home

On Friday 4th September 2020 I bought this is for when I move into my own unit in September 2020 so I will be able to listen to my favourite music before I go to bed every night without disturbing the neighbours by using these headphones.

Purchased in September 2020 at Catch for $105.00.

audio eater

audio eaterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sony does it again

Sooooo comfy! The sound quality of these headphones is the best I could have hoped for, if not better. The noise cancelling is amazing, the best I have ever used. Because of the 30 hour battery life these headphones have, they are very good for city travel ie train or bus, can be used for Bluetooth or as active headphones since they come with an aux cord. Probably best not to use them for any outdoor activities since they could fall off your head (this has happened to me, luckily I caught them). Overall these headphones are fantastic for the money they cost nowadays, but with the new WH1000XM4 coming out, you may want to save up to get those since they are the better version of these headphones.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $379.00.

battunga

battungaFar North Queensland, QLD

Amazing noise cancelling

These headphones have the best noise cancelling, and are very comfortable. The only negative for me was that the sound is bass heavy, even when I adjusted the settings in the app to the brightest setting. I prefer the more neutral sound of the Bose.

Purchased in October 2019 at Sony Online store for $320.00.

Richard W

Richard WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic product

I use these when travelling and actually find them useful in the recording studio as passive monitors. They have a rounded sound and are comfortable to wear, although I would not recommend them for use when running. The sound quality when used with iPhone or iPad via Bluetooth is detailed and pleasing. When used with a DAC such as a Soundkey or a Dragonfly, the sound becomes expansive and engaging. Altogether, they are absolutely worth the money.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $395.00.

Sepi

SepiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect

Its a great headphone , the sound quality is perfect , the noise cancelling is the best and its very east to use while Running or cycling. It fits perfectly and is very comfortable to use. I use it every day for my work and while exercising.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $486.00.

RTF

RTFGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My best friend

Exceptional! Best noise cancelling to date. The sound is crisp with enough base. The app is just brilliant and easy to navigate. Google assistant is great and voice assistant is clear.

Purchased in October 2019 for $399.00.

Ingrid D

Ingrid DGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My walking pal

In order to ramp up my walking, I used headphones in listening to self-help training materials. Easy to use convenient volume and forward/backward adjustments. Light, elegant and handy! Perfect sound!

Purchased in January 2020 at Costco VIC, Epping.

Nova

NovaBrisbane

Does the job

Bought to accommodate my Lyric in the ear hearing aids for listening to Spotify and video messages/YouTube. Very comfortable if a bit heavy. Excellent sound using adjustments. Easily transported in the robust case. Great battery life. I’ve found the over the head support gets hot after prolonged use.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

bobster

bobster

Noise cancelling very disappointing

I received these for Father’s Day last year. I had not having had any experience with noise cancelling headphones so when I could still hear people talking when they were on, I thought it was normal but was a little disappointed. My wife recently bought some (cheaper) Sony headphones and they are amazingly good at noise cancelling.
As excellent noise cancelling was the main feature I wanted in these headphones, I am naturally disappointed and it is now far too late to take them back. Of course I have tried all the settings and have loaded the latest software but all to no avail.

M M.

M M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Is it worth it?

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $345.00.

Noel K.

Noel K.Sydney, NSW

Good quality

I had to replace my Dr Dre headphones since it was so old. These headphones have great sound quality! Much better than the Apple ones I used to own and much more comfortable to wear too.

Purchased in February 2020 at Sony Online store for $400.00.

Karen R

Karen RAU

Terrible

Shuts off every 5 minutes. Unusable and extremely slow product support. At this stage they are just ignoring my emails. Basically unusable as I'm not interested in turning them on every 5 mins.