Sony X8500E Series

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Suman

SumanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent picture quality

I bought this product from ebay sony store. The picture and build quality is excellent. Easy to use its in built Chromecast and connects very easily. Sound quality is also good compared to other televisions in that range

slingz

slingzMain Beach

A good Sony TV

I bought this TV after my Samsung died just right after 4 years of my warranty is up (no unable to claim). Very happy with this TV as it is a much improved version of my previous TV. Use it daily to watch TV and youtube on wifi service. It is also able to get my google home to connect to it. There are many HDMI ports for use but I only get to use one as the rest are on wifi connection.

The TV interface is also easy to use but it feels tougher than my last TV and I have no regret for it

Date PurchasedSep 2017
pete

petenapier

Please take all "smartness" out of this TV!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Faulty - six months old

Tv became unresponsive to the remote. Tv freezes. Changed batteries and ensured software up to date.
Rang Sony support and tried several fixes. Turning tv off, pressing all buttons on remote twice, factory reset and manual factory reset. Was told It could be caused by power outage?? Seems more like a Sony product fault or issue.
Tv basically useless. Can not use it with the remote. Does not function as specified. Awaiting Sony’s response to resolve. Not acceptable for an expensive tv for it to be unusable afyer only 6 months.

Blwebb

BlwebbBundaberg

Excellent!

This is an excellent tv. Couldnt have bought a better product. Brilliant, crisp, clear image. Couldnt live without. Though its a big tv its a very thin make so its not bulky in a smaller set lounge room. Wouldnt hesitate to buy this tv again. Will buy another sony tv.

Great White.

Great White.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great quality screen but poor user interface, and remote.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Daniel

Daniel

Very good product

After having LG and Samsung finally bought a Sony and this 55 inch TV has amazing picture quality and price was best value for such a big TV. I wouldn’t waist money on the massive promotion that LG and Samsung do even though they are good also. But Sony is in underrated brand that you won’t be disappointed once you have it. Thanks Sony I’m converted.

Christian M

Christian MMelbourne

Simply love this TV!

We've been researching this TV and others similar for over a year and with NBN on the way in a few weeks we decided it was time to upgrade our 7 year old 55" LG TV.

The picture quality is amazing, sharp and clear! The other requirement of our purchase was that the smart TV should run Android TV. We've been a heavy user of the Nexus Player (which still does a fantastic job) -- so it made sense we continue using the same OS and apps! The Android OS runs really well and easy to navigate.

You can plug in an external HDD and record your favourite TV programs, or simply use the catch-up TV apps or Freeview! To our surprise, there was more catch-up TV apps available on this Smart TV than on the Nexus Player!

BenEddieESYDNEY

I love my new TV!

So I actually purchased another TV and went to pick it up. On pick up I realised that this TV had gone down in price so felt it was worth swapping and I'm so glad I did. The picture colours are set up perfectly without adjustment. I have been able to put my hard drive in directly and it play all formats. If I had any complaints I would say the set up of the videos app could be better with filter and listing settings. I have used it to play my music on Spotify loudly and this has now replaced my bluetooth speaker! It seems very responsive to opening and closing apps and I love how I can just cast my Samsung phone in seconds and control the TV from my phone. It's great for convenience! Would recommend!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Robbo

RobboSnowy Mountains

Great TV, Awesome picture

I did a lot of research on the current range of UHD tv's before purchasing this tv from the Good Guys for $1995. For most users this tv ticks all the boxes. Great colour & clarity, easy to use menu system. We mainly use Foxtel & Netflix, and have a NBN connection, setup was quite easy. Inbuilt speakers are ok, a sound bar would be better, but that goes for most Tv's these days. All in all for the average viewer a great TV.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

markat

markatAdelaide

Worst tv ever

This tv is great for picture, and that is all, only had it for 5 months motherboard has gone twice. Deletes apps resets it self every week. The chanel that you are using keeps flashing on screen. If watching tv or bluray. Screen goes black for up to a minute then comes back on and can continue to watch. Sensor wont pick up the remote most of the time. Occasionally we have to turn off at power point as the only way to turn it off. Absolute crap tv dont recommend at all

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ben K

Ben KWyong

Amazing 4k quality

Really clear 4k and inbuilt speaker is not bad. Got it for $2800 from HN Erina on Black Friday sale.. Happy purchase and wise choice. Wish it had direct Youtube on remote. Huge Screen and looks great quality. Better to watch it on certain distance as it is really BIG !!!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

John Paddington

John PaddingtonPaddington

Not so smart

Had this TV for six months and I regret buying it is very slow, the available apps aren't good, simple things like a decent slideshow aren't available it was better to convert photos to an mp4 on my tablet then play it on the TV. Before this I used a media player and apple tv and it was better and easier except for multiple remotes. Recording a tv program means you cant watch another channel for $1,800 you think they could add a second tuner. Many more issues too many to list

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Jess M.

Jess M.QLD, 4011

Picture/Colour/OS, Perfect!

Picture quality on this TV is great, colours come through really well. I chose this tv base on the operating system on it, it was easy to use with alot of options and has a built in chrome cast. Now that I have had time to play with it, its exceeding my expectations as its just so easy to switch between all the online streaming options. Sound could be a little better, but that's normal on all tv's these days.

Bexter

BexterMelbourne

Superb Picture Love It

We got this in January and I am still amazed by the picture quality every time I turn it on. Sony 4K is just so good, even when you get your face right up close it has a beautiful picture.
This has made me a bit of a homebody recently because its just the best for netflix sessions or streaming movies. The original speaker were good but not amazing so we have now got it set up like a mini home theatre going through our stereo. Its just amazing!
It looks really nice in the lounge room and is very thin and stylish. Sony definitely produces a quality product.

Mia A

Mia AHillbank

Great tv!

We love that this is an android tv with access to the play store! This gives us many viewing options as well as gaming. It is easy to use and looks great. I like that you can run the cords down the back of the stand so you can't see them. My only issue is the back of the remote comes off too easy, if it falls off the couch it comes off. However you can use the Sony remote app on your phone which is really handy!

ladidaAdelaide

Picture good, HDR windows is spotty, WIFI is limited to 10mbps even though I have nbn 50 and 5G wifi

the title explains everything, the operating system is slow, android tv is not very good, but I got it for $1000 on discount so in that price range is pretty solid. If you bought full retail price, oh dear, that would not be a good idea.

ladida

Also it does not support dolby vision

techknowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great colour and resolution from mediocre sources

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Jerry

JerryLaverton, Victoria

Picture quality is satisfactory, but user interface is good. Bought $1300. Good value for money

Bought it on offer. If you have good internet connection, you will enjoy this tv. Picture quality is good but not great. ANdroid tv compensates the picture quality. Only issue I had is wifi dropouts. I suspect this is due to my poor internet connection. If you manage to pay $1200 or close, its good deal

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Ben T

Ben TAU

Great TV with excellent range of Android apps

Love this TV. The picture is awesome and having Android as the OS is great as it provides a lot of features. Seems to be a bit of input lag when playing games on the Xbox. Doesn't have a swivel stand which is one thing I miss from my old TV.

Date PurchasedOct 2017