Southern Phone Mobile Broadband

Southern Phone Mobile Broadband

See the Best Mobile Broadband Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Southern Phone

Avi P.
Avi P.South East Queensland, QLD

Stop charging me after I have switched provider

My account number is ACC104848.
I have been getting bills even through I have switched to another provider. When contacted, they said "Upon further investigation of your account, I can see you have not disconnected your NBN FTTP service with us.
If you have changed providers for your NBN you they may not have ported the existing NBN with us to themselves, which means you may need to contact them."

What a load of bull. I have done this for another place before and I did not have to do anything. You can easily check that I am not a customer anymore but have no issue to continue to charge?

Nightmare company.

Sam 2342
Sam 2342Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The service is great

The mobile connection so far is very good, same as the internet speed.
I did not experience any dropouts to date.
I do not have any issues with the service to date.

SeduxenAU

Unreasonable bunch

Rectified faulty 4G broadband router resets itself frequently - faulty firmwares - requires almost daily setups. Tech. supp. rectified that is the issue with the firmware. Offered replacement when I have to return it - COVID days, the simple crossing the Bass Strait takes 2-3 weeks to the mainland - then when after physically inspected it - ??? days - sending the replacement - 2-3 weeks to arrive. More than a month without service while they do know it is a faulty equipment... Very low. Not mentioning the jacking up the contract price by $10/months without agreement or even notification???

ACC241529

JackieSydney, NSW

Excellent price, excellent service

Excellent service. No drop out problems. Only once I was on hold for about 40 minutes but that was during bushfires so perfectly understandable. Every other time is fine. The cost is fabulous and I am notified if I am nearing my limit.

Hi Jackie,
Thank you for your feedback, we really do appreciate this.
I am glad to hear that you account and service are going well, please if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.
- Dakota

Jackie

No problem. I rarely do reviews but am very happy with your service. Bonus that it's an Aussie company and Aussie based call centre

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

Dougy.
Dougy.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very pleased with the product.

Reliable. I have had the phone for two weeks with no connection problems. Everything is very suitable for me. I am happy with the current arrangements I have with Southern Phone.

Steven.
Steven.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

My experience with Southern phone.

Overall , customer satisfaction , 10 ouf 10. The only thing is , wen I was approved for my new service , no order confirmation email was given. That's the only thing I was a little upset about .

Marcus M.Hobart, TAS

Worst Internet Provider Ever!!!

Download speeds of 2mbps, continuous drop outs, can only connect 1 device successfully. Customer service a waste of time, put on hold and then made to jump through hoops. Signed up for 500gb plan averaging 20gb for the month barely. Since my partner gave them a bad review on Facebook and divulged our account details we don't seem to have any service at all. All I want now is my service disconnected after 5 months of hell.

Hi Marcus,
I am really sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow speeds, this is not at all what we want for our customers.
So we can investigate this for you can you please confirm your account number?
- Dakota

Customer Experience TeamSouthern PhoneSend a private message

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Jazza
Jazza

No problems with Southern Phone and they have always been reliable

Have never had drop outs and have only had one occasion where there was no coverage, and that was way out west of N.S.W. and was only for about 50 Kilometres before returning to normal.

Hi there,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. I am really glad to hear that you are happy with the service. If you require any assistance, please feel free to reach out. We are more than happy to assist.
- Shelby

Great service at a great price

Have used southern phone for many years. Customer service is great, price and mobile service also great. Never had a problem with the mobile plan at all. Helpful, professional and easy

Leo
LeoLilydale (Victoria)

Don't have any problems up to now.

I had no problem with setting up my phone line or the modem unit. As an older customer, I don't understand what or how I can test the speeds, I only know that when I need to get on the Internet, it works, and that's good enough for me

Pat Malone
Pat Malone

All Australian call centres, helpful folks on the phone, great stuff.

Seamless change over for 4 mobiles and wireless home broadband.
No hidden costs, Southern Phone is upfront. Wait times at call centres aren’t long. Tech support knowledgeable. Can’t complain.
Thank you to the call centre staff !

cJR
cJRGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute Rubbish - Do NOT use them

Service started dropping out and won’t now connect. Operators will NOT book a NBN technician unless you have run a speed test using a computer with a special gigabit port. Only trouble is - a lot of computers just don’t use or have these ports. Their answer ? Borrow a computer and then ring us back! After biting back on frustration with this stupidity I raised a request for customer complaint/resolution person to call at a specified time but no call.
JUST DON’T USE THEM!

Rossarden1Hobart, TAS

PRICING AND SERVICE SECOND TO NONE

It is a new service and cannot supply any details on speeds etc at this stage, but will post further as my service progresses. The pricing is amazing compared with bigger names

Barry
BarryCentral West, NSW

Very good

Very very good service thank you we do have consistent dropouts the only problem we have is with the internet some the service is shocking keeps dropping out thanks Barry

Brian and Chris
Brian and ChrisSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great plan for pensioners

My wife and I both have the basic mobile plan with you guys. It suits our allowance to a T and we don’t have to break the bank using it which is great when we are both pensioners. Never had any issues when contacting the team, they are always happy, helpful and patient with us old timers who are a little slow on these things.