Southern Phone Mobile Broadband

Southern Phone Mobile Broadband

• Adequate Speeds Yes (30) · No (20)
Harmen Hulsman

Harmen HulsmanMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Southern Phone provide a Mobile service, for my wife & I, which suits our requirements

Our two mobile phones are utilised for basic requirements, calls in & out and very little mobile Data.
Total cost per month approx $30. combined.Any queries are attended to immediately. Our landline/NBN thru Telstra.

Start DateAugust 2009

Cisco_DGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DOnt risk it

Start DateSeptember 2020

Jamie J.Hobart, TAS

No help from southern phones

No phone help trying to port my phone number Telstra to Optus my phone is all ready with southern phones been trying for 10 days call southern phones every day but no help they hang up on me and put me on hold for hours and till you give up try to talk to a supervisor but will not let you
Stay away from southern phones

Start DateMarch 2017

Hi Jamie,
I am speaking with our mobile activations team to fix the error and complete the activation for you.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Mobile Broadband compares to other Internet Service Providers

Less than a 1 star company

Firstly, every call is a minimum 30 minute wait to reach a customer service operator...
Requested 3 times to update my email bill address - confirmation received that it has been actioned yet still being sent to an old email. No even a hard request one would think.
Finally gave up and cancelled the service in August today receive a charge in October for an ridiculous amount for no known reason! reading reviews this seems to happen often.. advised was an error and I will be credited, lets see how long that takes.
Honestly Southern Phone reviews are beyond disgraceful- how can you even be allowed to continue operating!

I hate Live Connected

I hate Live Connectedmelbourne

Had very poor experience. No customer service

Service is super slow. Takes 3 weeks for a email response. Impossible to disconnect with them even after the service been transferred away. I called them about it, They still taking funds from my credit card! Call them and it’s super hard to get through! Don’t risk it.

Start DateJanuary 2018

Hilton M.Sydney, NSW

Cheaper than Optus. Not as good as Boost/Telstra

The service, for me is the same that I got from using Optus directly: Occasional drop outs on downloads (streaming, etc)
Download can fluctuate between <1Mbps to 10Mbps depending on peak times. (This is reliant on the Optus service)
The customer portal is currently being worked on. Still waiting for the data usage to show.
Customer service is what I expect during COVID-19: Can take longer than what I would consider normal.
Telstra resellers have a better service, but they typically cost more too.

Start DateAugust 2020

Hi Hilton,
You can always send us an email to info@southernphone.net.au with your account number if you would like us to investigate this any further. :)

So far so good!

I just want to be able to text. All my questions were answered promptly and the problem I had applying online was quickly fixed. I think I'll enjoy my stay here!

Start DateSeptember 2020
Maree

Thanks Shelby! You're welcome!Responses have been very helpful to me moving from Virgin to Southern phone mobile.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

I am so glad we were able to help. :) Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions. *Shelby

AJE

AJECentral West, NSW

A simple, easy-to-use, mobile - brilliant!

I chose it Southern Phones because the service was inexpensive - I couldn't afford Telstra, my then-current provider, and it offered too many functions I didn't need. My mobile phone makes phone calls, and that's all I want it to do. I also like the fact Southern Phones 'profit share' with participating regional councils (including mine), so they are giving money back to the community.

Start DateJanuary 2015

TonyNorthern Region, NSW

Absolutely atrocious!!

Stupidly I have battled with Southern Phone over internet speed for almost 12 months. Their help desks have huge wait times and are not helpful. Southern Phone I have since found out over subscribe their service and as such have very low download speed. With Southern I was consistently getting 16-18 Mbps download and with a different provider on a similar plan I am getting 66 Mbps as I sit here and type this review. I am having to pay a contract break fee but after experiencing another provider I am so glad to be out. Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!!

Start DateSeptember 2019
Standalone or BundledBundled

Lucy

LucyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Sim Card

Really helpful
Easy to do
Good problem solver
Helped me figure out the problem
Problem solved
I would recommend this service to others because they are easy and get the job done quick and fast!!

Start DateMarch 2019

If I could give zero stars I would

We ordered the 500gb mobile broadband service four months ago. The service arrived and did not work. We asked for the service to be cancelled. They said the sim was broken and would send a new sim. We waited for over a month and received a bill for the service! We spent lots of time on chat to find out the new sim was never sent so we demanded it was cancelled and we were assured as such. A month later, a new sim arrives which we didn't order or want, and then a new bill arrived! Trying to end a contract for a service which does not work is impossible. We are still trying. The absolute worst. Avoid like COVID-19.

Start DateMarch 2020
Erica

Four weeks after this review and I’ve received another monthly bill. Unbelievable.

Ken Brown.

Ken Brown.North Queensland, QLD

No problems with it. Very reliable.

No issues at all. Have had a couple of dropouts, but that was the Network, not Southern Phone. Network returned after a short while. Very happy with Southern Phone. Prices are reasonable, and I have recommended Southern Phone to Friends.

Start DateMarch 2013

Hi Ken,
I am really glad to hear this. Thanks so much for sharing your positive experience with us. We really appreciate it! *Shelby

All good so far...

Connection is sound, some drop outs, but similar on par with other services. Able to contact over 7 days, friendly helpful customer service & quick reply, billing easy to read & understand.

Start DateJuly 2019

Hi Chris,

Won

WonSydney, NSW

So far so good... nothing to discus service to my mind is fine.

Service has been totally reliable and very cost effective. I had an inquiry from Telstra why I was no longer with them.. I explained my deal and that ended the conversation..

Hello Won,
We are so glad to hear that your have been enjoying our cost-effective plans! Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly team if you ever have any questions. *Yvette

Julie

Julie

Terrible Company

Dont ever use Southern Phone they are the worst Company to deal with with everything going on with Covid 19 all they care about is getting their money paid not about what the individual is going through there are other Service Providers out there that are probably a lot better to deal with than these people Avoid this Company at all costs

Robbi

RobbiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

As stated above, never had a problem. The switch to NBN a while ago was seamless.

No dropouts, no issues. We are very happy with Southernphone. Our NBN connection was easy and seamless. As a pensioner, price is important to me, I have the service I want at a reasonable price

Standalone or BundledBundled

Hi Robbi,
Thanks so much for sharing your positive experience with us. We really appreciate it!!

Ali S

Ali SSydney, NSW

Worst service ever

Worst service error hung up on me twice and no call backs
Worst customer experience
Tried porting a number to them disconnected my current service week before sending the sim and said it takes 24 - 48 hours, 3 days later still saying we made a small error we have asked them again to transfer it will take another 24 -48 hours
Save your time and energy and choose some other service provider.

Start DateApril 2020

Hi Ali,
I am really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you would like to discuss this further, please respond to my private message and I will be more than happy to explain this process for you.

GDP777

GDP777Illawarra, NSW

Continual problems

Constant problems with bundled landline and NBN. Each time having to wait ages for tech support (or sometimes can't get on to them at all) who fix problems only for them to reoccur again later and have to go though it all again. Up to my 8th or 9th time. Beyond frustrating.

Reasonably good service

Mobile service reasonably good. Some calls are unaccountably unintelligible or drop out completely?
That's all I have to say .Fvwhdhe dadhd iierfhh ahfe edjjf kkd iidnn assrw jjs rtts af agd sj.

Hi Dennis,
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We really appreciate the feedback!

See Above

Peter R.

Peter R.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Easy to deal with. Very competitive.

No problems whatsover.
Very easy to deal with.
I've had no problems with connection. Haven't experienced any dropouts at all. Recently removed one of our mobile phone lines as it was no longer required .. no dramas .. fast, friendly and efficiently taken care of.

Start DateJuly 2017

Hello Peter,
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us! We are happy to hear that you have been enjoying your service. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with our friendly team if you have any questions or concerns. *Yvette

See all Southern Phone Broadband reviews