SPAR

SPAR

Brand Manager for SPAR? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.1
Jeff Moore
Jeff MooreSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service to tourist

Very poor service at counter checkout Staff lady with long dark hair middle aged about 430 pm tuesday 25th May. She was more interested talking to a friend. No greeting or thankyou. Abrupt and didn't even move grocery items for us to easy access. Disgusting service I would give 0 out of 5.

Kahn Thompson
Kahn ThompsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Smooth and creamy Belgian chocolate

Best chocolate I can find in Australia. My partner and love chocolate and have found our absolute favourite, thank you.

surf
surfSydney

they won't refund missing item

i won't return to this brand of stores, as neither store nor network would refund a missing item, i had to ask bank to reverse charge on debit card

Find out how SPAR compares to other Supermarkets

Out of date and rotten food served by gloomy staff with filthy interior.

Queenslander
QueenslanderAgnes Water

Theives!

Went in with $50 got the wrong change back when questioned the assistant she denied it then i spoke to the manager 3 times and i was still missing my $20 change and also they didn't provide me with a docket!!

From in billing

Take care when purchase lose items in spar the cost which stickered on item and cost of item in purchased bill high. I purchase bitter gourd mrp on price tag on packet is 48 inr but in bill it become 99 inr.

Excellent local Supermarket & Liquor.

I visit and use this store quiet regularly , great fresh produce , excellent range for a small convent supermarket,excellent liquor range ,great prices for a independent business , very friendly family small business.

Michael of Mascot
Michael of MascotSydney, NSW

Most inconsistent stock

When this Spar opened, it's owners had a good selection of everything you would want from a small supermarket, and I did my weekly shop there. Then a new family took over and it is so inconsistent with the stock. Some weeks you can buy frozen peas, next week you can't, but you can buy a toaster?!?!? Instead of stocking the staple line of products, they stock weird brands or types or sizes. If they stocked a consistent range of products, we would not be forced to go to the big chain supermarkets. Woolworths is opening in Mascot soon, so I think Spar will just become one of the many convenience stores in the area.

S Lee
S LeeMascot

Never using again.

Discrimination against Asian going on in this store. Always never been welcomed, but given a look looking at me up and down for two times, and stares at me like why did you even come here I so hate my job. There are a lot of asian people living in Mascot, and Spar can definately not be able to compete against Woolworths coming in, but they are not even trying anything.

Thieves

Hopefully they will be forced to close when Woolworths opens. My advice: count your change, question the price and ask for a docket. A russian girl tried to charge me $8 for a packet of Chips they were priced at $3, another time an overpriced litter of OJ $6, another russian tried to charge me $10, good thing i looked at the screen. If forced to go there use your card ask for a docket and look at your Bnk ap, the charge appears almost immediately. They are thieves.

punkmonk13
punkmonk13

SPAR no longer exists, no idea what the new people are like

Porcino

Sussex inlet spar

Kriselle
KriselleAU

OK

It is a good shop for fruit and vegies but you wouldn't want to do all your grocery shopping as it would certainly put your bill up. Good for when you run out of essentials.
Spar is close to where I live. It has good quality fruit and vegetables at usually good prices. Our local spar makes use of local fruit and vegies which is good for the city I live in. It sells just about any product you can buy in a bigger supermarket chain. Good specials come out in a leaflet in the letterbox once a week.
Pricewise it is dearer than the bigger supermarket chains for grocery items and doesn't always have the specials advertised in the letterbox leaflet.

twink118
twink118Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK

the Spar is a very handy shop for when you just need a couple of things and are in a hurry i dont think much of their prices though as they are really high. I also dont think that there specials are very good as the specials are normally the same price the goods are in the supermarkets.
Handy if you just need a couple of items like bread and milk and dont want to brave the supermarket. They are also open quite late and have heaps of shops all over australia.
The price of there products are quite expensive compared to thee bigger supermarkets.

HeatherK
HeatherK

OK

Great place to buy the sorts of things you buy at the corner store. Like all small supermarkets it's not well staffed but the one I know is well presented at least. It attracts a lot of customers which means long queues and staff are busy serving and not necessarily taking care of the shop. I slipped over on something that should have been cleaned up.
I felt so sorry for the teenager serving a dragon lady who made her cry in front of the line up.
It isn't dingy like most small supermarkets I've seen.
Long queues and I often wait longer to be served than at other corner stores.