MPNs: AWNA62, AWNA62BLACK and AWNA62Black
Listing monitored by Speed Queen

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Bronte Freeman
Bronte FreemanSouth-East, TAS

I love this washing machine.

I wash clothes for my whole family, so 12 people all up and this washing machine has been nothing but fantastic. All the clothes come up so damn clean and they smell amazing. My old washing machine never cleaned our clothes properly and they always came out smelling weird. If I could give it 10 stars, I would. I love it and would recommend to everyone.

Purchased in May 2021.

Kat Anne
Kat AnneHunter Region, NSW

Serious quality. Happy customer :) :) :)

My Speedqueen (THOR is his name) is awesome! Love,love, love! To be completely honest, I haven’t used all the functions yet but so far I’m beyond impressed! Washing heavy-duty work clothes covered in diesel, blackjack grease, and loads of dirt is a cinch now. THOR hammers it without a strain or a vibration! For the everyday stuff, he's gentle but thorough and super quick! Also, lint is no longer a problem. I tell everyone about THOR. Worth every cent! :) :) Great investment!

Purchased in April 2021 at Harvey Norman for $2,895.00.

Yolanda H.
Yolanda H.Sydney, NSW

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Well spent money!! After many years of research we purchased our Speed Queen. It is simple to use and no matter what garments we put in they come out perfect. The time the load takes to wash the clothes is great and still has the feature of adding to the load when it has started.

Purchased in April 2021.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Speed Queen AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen) compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Alan
AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best washing machine.... ever!

Just love my Queen of the laundry! I looked other top loaders when my old top loader started really leaking.I felt that if I did buy another well known brand, I would be back again in 5 years to replace it! I saw the Speed Queen and thought that this is what I really need, strongly built with no fuss controls. Completely satisfied with my purchase, price was a non issue.

Purchased in November 2020 at Joyce Mayne Physical store for $2,695.00.

Bibi
BibiSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

I absolutely love my Speed Queen !

I absolutely love my Speed Queen ! I did heaps of research and have known for ages this is the machine I want. It doesn’t disappoint ! I love how quiet it is and it’s so easy to use. Built well and I know this will last me for years to come. I highly recommend your products.

Purchased in March 2021 for $2,600.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Completely Satisfied

We are very happy with our purchase. The machine washes and spins well, is stable and wash time is quick. Speed Queen's service, inclusive of the technician sent, is excellent.

Carla
CarlaSydney, NSW

Love this machine!

I have found the Speed Queen to be so well built, and you just know it's a quality machine.......built to last. I can now put a load of sheets or towels in on a normal cycle and not have the machine go 'off balance' and stopping half way through the cycle, enduring that constant beeping of electronic machines!
I was thrilled to find a machine with 'old style' dials, as I did not want to have to purchase another electronic machine. I would highly recommend Speed Queen to anyone looking to purchase a new washing machine.

Purchased in January 2021.

Gordon
GordonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable solid machine

Our first Speed Queen washing machine served us well for 20 years and was still functioning well when we decided to upgrade. These machines are well engineered and have an excellent washing action. It is simple to use - we chose the dial control again rather than the electronic and find each setting functions well. The machine handles all types of clothing well and the cycle times are excellent.

Purchased in January 2021 at Joyce Mayne for $2,695.00.

Very robust

These washing machines are excellent quality and last a long time,they are a little more expensive but you certainly get what you pay for,I would not hesitate to purchase another one

Purchased in December 2020 for $2,699.00.

Top Loading Washing Machines

This is my second Speed Queen. I had another brand between the two and don’t now why I bothered!

I love that it is simple to use. No fancy electronic boards . The cycle is fast and the results are great. The Speed Queen supplier was fantastic to deal with as was the person that delivered and installed the machine.

Purchased in December 2020.

neville
nevilleIllawarra, NSW

A very well built toploader

We bought the AWNA62 because we wash lots of heavy work clothes. It does heavy loads easily. The machine is quiet, we cant hear it spin. That means the bearings are rugged and the machine is well balanced. The cycle times are long compared to other brands. That is good, it washes more thoroughly.

KerriMareeba

Sturdy machine

Does a good wash a lot quicker than my previous Machine. Very simple to operate. I was influenced to buy this product by the great reviews. If you have any queries the 13000000 number is very knowledgeable and obliging (not a machine).

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $2,695.00.

Kerri

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly. Great to get good old fashioned service. And to have my questions answered. V happy.

Bob
Bob

Good but could be better

I love this machine we wash sheets every day about 4 loads a day.
I wish it could take more then 8.5kgs we are definitely doing more loads then our 10kgs washing machine and I wish it had a lint catcher cause when we wash the towels the lint is still all over the place.
But as for the sheets being cleaned I’ve never seen them so clean on my life, I really like this machine just wish they had a bigger one.
Cheers Rob

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $2,695.00.

Bluebottle
BluebottleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Solid build, quality finish, washes really well and simple to operate.

Control dials are manual, yet they are so easy to operate. This machine is a smooth and fast operator, no waiting around like a front loader. The drum is stainless steel and the finish is quality.

Purchased in January 2021.

Craige C.Speed Queen

Hi Bluebottle, We are glad that you love the washer.

Gemma M
Gemma MSydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't bother with any other brand!

Having recently replaced our original Speed Queen washing machine we're here to tell you that this is the only machine you will ever need if you want reliability, quality, a top notch installation and follow up service.
Speed Queen is easy to use, washing times are quick and quiet and the results are very pleasing. There is plenty of room for larger items and delicates and smaller loads are handled efficiently.
Very happy to recommend the Speed Queen - it's our pride and joy!

Purchased in September 2020 for $2,600.00.

Jan
Janasked
AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)

I purchased a speed queen (2nd generation - going by the pictures) and I am NOT happy with it. It doesn't wash my clothes to my satisfaction. If I don't treat a stain (accidently) it will be there when I hang the washing out. Also if I don't remove the washing asap and I have placed softener in the dispenser it ends up running all over the clothes after it has stopped washing. The whole cycle is about 30 mins and I think it washes for about 5 mins before it dumps the water (a big waste) - really not enough time to clean the clothes. I used a Speed Queen (top loader) in the USA whilst I was living there and my clothes were always cleaned to perfection. It seems to me that the machines that are sent to Australia are sub-quality. I thought I was buying a Mercedes by I ended up with a crappy Camira. Not happy at all!

nma14asked
AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)

We got ours delivered recently on Thursday. Three days later, it stopped mid-wash and turned off. I turned it back on but the blue "in use" light just kept flashing. I had to Google how to fix it by re-setting the machined. No other appliances turned off at the time so it most likely wasn't a power failure that caused it. Do you know why that happened? I'm hoping it's just teething problems, although for $2,695 + delivery costs, we weren't expecting teething problems of any sort.

(Not sure if ours is a 1st or 2nd Gen model.)

Cheers.

Marion Tomes
Marion Tomes

It could be that the water supply was briefly interrupted or pressure slowed quickly. Once the machine stops, even momentarily, it will take at least 20 seconds to re-start. If you keep changing things and turning knobs, the machine will still take 20 seconds from the last change.

nma14

Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind if it happens again.

Hi there,
There are 2 reasons the machine will stop at what appears to be mid cycle with the in-use light flashing.
1. The machine was set in the "high efficiency” option and in this mode that the machine will wash then pause for and extended periods multiple times (3) during the cycle before 2 spray rinses then a final spin. While in the pause mode the machines in use light will flash.
2. If the machine encounters a slight loss in voltage (brown out) it will stop and need to be reset. It does this to protect the motor from overheating. Brown outs can be caused by factors outside the home like a hot day when everybody is using their air conditioners or it could be that there are more power consuming appliances on a single circuit than that circuit is rated for.
Ant issues can be answered and rectified by calling 1300washer.

Bird of paradise
Bird of paradiseasked
AWNA62 Black (2nd Gen)

Is this machine worth it?

Hi Tyler,
Value is dependant on buyers affordability and the justification on spending $2700 once every 25-30 years or $1000 every 5 - 7 years and being mindful that a SQ washer can always be repaired.

Get an answer from our members and Speed Queen representatives