Sphere 3kg Washing Machine

Sphere 3kg Washing Machine

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.3

Nik & Gail R.South East Queensland, QLD

Spin cycle worse than a boulder rolling down a hill

As soon as starts to spin the whole machine shakes violently and shakes the rear of the caravan. I'll have to go back to a 2.5 kg machine, very disappointed

Purchased in December 2019 for $399.00.

Tarryn E.

Tarryn E.Perth, WA

Never have issues. So easy to use. Went from top loader, to front and hated it. So glad I switched back.

Features and settings so easy to use. I use all cycles and have no problems. My front loader was so noisy as it had issues straight away. This one is so quiet it's disconcerting.

Purchased in July 2020 at Kogan.com for $499.00.

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent product

Bought a 3.3kg a week or so ago, best thing we did. Using it at caravan parks. Using it for all clothes. Controls are easy to use. no damage to clothes. Cycle times are sufficient. Only issue is the balancing. Sometime you have to stop and rearrange the , apart from that a great buy.

Purchased in March 2020 at Outback Equipment for $350.00.

Peter

Actually we paid $331.99.

Top Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Sphere 3kg Washing Machine compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Mother Hubbard

Mother HubbardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for me

This size is perfect for me as my children have all flown the coop. Being smaller than other machines results in significant water savings. The delicate cycle works is brilliant.

Purchased in March 2018 for $300.00.

Demi Hughes

Demi HughesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good for use and very handy

I brought one of these earlier on in the year and they are great for washing it's really handy and they fit lots in one load I love how my washing looks and feels after coming out of this machine

Purchased in January 2019.

Extremely troublesome and time consuming

I would not under any circumstances recommend this machine. It was constantly going out of balance when our caravan was new and this was reported to Jayco when the van was under warrantly. Jayco advised that it was ok but we feel that it probably tested without any clothing. The washing machine has never worked properly - constantly going out of balance and refilling. We have to manually guide it through it's cycle. Warranty people advise they will not repair it without cost to us even though there is mention on the Caravanners Forum that these machines have had problems.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Rex

RexKyneton

Good reliable machine with weaknesses

We have owned this machine for four years and find it very convenient to use. Main benefit is it can be used by bucketing water to fill rather than a direct hose connect. Lid and outlet hose were found to be very fragile. Short hose from bowl the pump has perished and had to be replaced. Overall performance of washing machine and spin off rinse is quite good, overall size and weight is very convenient for portable outside use in an RV. Make sure storage bucket is in place for transit.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Navaraj

NavarajLidcombe

Average

Proper addition of detergent to its work load must be levelled or should provide catalogues about it.light pajamas has extended long due to high torque,pros and cons regarding to specific clothes should be provided.due to imbalance ground leveling, it produces sound like other do.This can be mitigated by R&D.For,same load with one categorized clothe under same load condition it performs satisfactory.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Bazzwald

Bazzwald

Once you've got one of these, you'll never look back! (For my Caravan)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Cyk

CykQLD, 4000

Good for small space unit

It is a cheap option for those who have small loads or do the laundry frequently with a small portion. It does a great job of washing the clothes as well as spin drying. However, people will need to pay attention to the amount of clothes that they are washing. If it exceeds its limit, the spinning will be slowed and will not be able to get the clothes clean.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Tam S

Tam SAU

Great little machine

This machine works perfect for those small loads. It uses hardly any water, is quick and washes really well. I recommend you buy on of these for a single person or for small loads. Surprisingly it was quiet and the small compact size means you can place it anywhere that you have water and power.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Meh

MehPerth

Good for washing cloth nappies

It cleans well and good for using for kids clothes
Or small garments
Also it is worth buying if you use cloth nappies for your baby
It can only wash one full dress of an adult so waste of energy and time if you aim to wash your own clothes

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Cyk

CykQLD, 4000

Good but troublesome

It can do a great job on cleaning the clothes and dry then but it is a bit troublesome in term of draining water everytime and it’s a bit loud. I would still recommend it in terms of the price and the performance. A great buy for small house after all.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Problems in Auckland NZ

I wanted the Sphere because it did not interfere with the electricity. I could operate it with the TV on laptop on jug boiling and to be honest in an RV its an amazing experience because if i have the jug going and the microwave going say goodbye to power! This machine really ticked that box for me. I found that living in the country things move slow to backwards. The plumber wasn't his fault took ages to come and hook it in but once it was he did a wonderful job. Machine leaking on washing from the top inlet so i took it back and now they will replace but no refund WHAAAT? Ok as long as they fix I need a little washer that does the job and this one did that.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Jono

JonoSydney

Perfect

Can not live with out it! Breakfast lunch dinner anytime is a good time for chucking clothes into the machine. Cleaning a fruit and vegetables filled clothes has never been so enjoyable! This machine cleans everything and is completely and unbelievably unbreakable. It does more than 5 washed a day for me as it lives in a house full of people who are all complete hygienic fenatics! Thanks heaps Sphere 3kg Washing machine

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Trusted Rico

Trusted RicoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It washes but leaves lint

It washes well and is efficient but it leaves lint on clothing a lot. It has a lint bag but mustn't be very efficient as I'm picking lint after each wash. I have bought special lint collecting velcro balls to aid in the removal of the lint, it helps. Washing machines are a bit of a luck purchase, no matter the brand it may be good or you may be stuck with a dud for many years. Mediocre..

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Bruce M.

Bruce M.

Avoid!

The first machine lasted a couple of months and the second died a little over a year later and out of warranty. We never overloaded either machine but they both struggled to do even a super light wash. Have just ordered a Camec but the reviews on this machine have me worried too! Surely it will be better than the Sphere...time will tell.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Kayne

Kayne

Get what you paid for

The washing machine is ok, nothing fancy and does its job, washing clothes. It is a little noisy during the spin stage but nothing as bad as my old one.
It hasnt ripped any clothes yet (thank god) and it seems to wash well. Over all the washing machine does its job.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Out of balance

We are on our 2nd machine. The 1st one shook itself to bits on a rough bit of QLD country bitumen, however both have had serious out of balance issues smashing the cooling shroud on the driveshaft against the webs on the lower body section. I have done some repairs and cant believe how lightly constructed these machines are.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Happy But Early Days

Purchased new Jayco van a couple of months ago and have been using the 3kg Sphere which is standard fittment in the van. Good so far as it cleans well, simple to operate. Washing for 2adults/2kids each day. Does this well. Haven't had any balancing issues. Early days. Hopefully in 2 yrs we are as happy.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Tessa Phillips

Tessa Phillipsasked

I have jus t had my washi g machine in my caravan replaced with a Sphere 3.3. ( sadely my Lemair just wore out). Upon using it is very noisy, especially when spinning. But the most annoying part is, is that the clothes are forever getting tangled and it gets out of balance. I bought it through and had it installed by a Caravan company. Most days it takes me 3 goes to do washing. No its not overloaded, No it is not under loaded. Never have I used such a lousy product. It was all I could get. Have spent nigh on $800. For product and installation, and am pulling my hair out.
Tessa

Tessa Phillips

Tessa Phillipsasked

Tessa

Nik & Gail R.

We've had enough of it, it's now out of the caravan and being thrown away as I would be embarrassed to offer it for sale or give away.

Nik & Gail R.asked

Why does the machine spin so violently even when empty, selected spin with no laundry and "rock & roll" ?

See all Sphere 3kg Washing Machine questions